The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 17692 times)

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
Re: Competition
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2011, 05:02:45 AM »
Dawn lowered her arms slowly, the veil vanishing. She looked to Nash quietly. "First I shall be teaching you students concentration. Concentration is the key to using Arcana Skills. You have to focus in order to bring your mental energy into the physical form. Then I shall teach you basic attack skills and a similar shield skill. After that, I shall have you pick an attribute and style. Your attributes will vary based on style. However, there are two main styles, Western and Eastern Magic. Western referring to Europe, and is often called Classical Magic, while  eastern is referring to Asia and India, and is often referred to as Elemental. The advanced classes, Classical and Elemental, are already learning this. Let me give you all a basic breakdown." She said softly, beginning to draw on her white board. "The most common forms of classical are Light and Dark, and a rarer Neutral form is found. Light skills are defesnive and revolve around healing, while Dark skills focus on damage. Neutral is a very ambigious attirbute, which I shall not go into right now. These magics spawn from Judeo based religions. The Elemental attributes include Water, Wind, Earth, Fire, and Electricity." She drew the elemental magics in a pentagram, and Classical Magics completely seperated, linking the Elemental attributes together and looking to her students. "A universal law of Eastern Magic is that you may not learn two elements that are not next to each other on this diagram. It is based off a much more complex diagram found in a Shinto shrine in Southern Japan. The reason to why you cannot learn the elements across from each other is because they will not work; your mind will grow unstable. The Eastern combinations are: Water and Wind, Water and Electricity, Earth and Wind, Earth and Fire, and Fire and Electricity. The earth and wind make no sense to me personally, however it is how it is. Those are the five combinations for Eastern magics. Western magics only allow for you to learn how to use Light or Dark. Neutral magics can be used by either, however, as the name implies. Each of you who wishes to become an Arcana will have to pick one. Anyway, on to the basics. First of all, each of you is going to have to calm yourselves. Second, you must relax. Third and finally, you must feel your mind open up and slowly pour out its energy. Most of you may not get it at first, but you will by the end of class. The focus of this exercise is release your mana, and create a mist of sort. It is usually a deep blue, but it can vary from person to person. It is difficult to explain how to do, but you simply have to try. You can trigger this by trying to relax your head to the point where it feels like you are pushing your brain apart, even though you cannot feel or actually do that. Is everyone ready for the first attempt?"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:55:13 PM by Gen »
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2011, 11:46:19 PM »
Dingo looked at Nash and tried to hold back an involuntary grin out of nervousness. His heart began to race and sat up in his chair as he answered "yes" with the rest of the class. Dingo had no prior experience with magic in his life, he had never actually seen it until a couple minutes earlier. His heart was beating faster not out of excitement, but of fear.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2011, 11:43:38 PM »
Nash also murmered "yeah" along with the class, and tried to focus his mind, or whatever it was that the teacher was telling them to do about 'opening the mind.' He sat upright in his chair with his hands together and inhaled a deep breath holding it and then letting it out slowly to try and calm himself, or forget about everything that had already happened during the day. His mind wouldn't slow down, but he started to get it to calm slightly, he peeked an eye open and saw a blue orb around a student about 3 seats over from him. It was so distracting he completely forgot that he was supposed to be trying to do that himself.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2011, 01:04:11 AM »
Dawn smacked a meter stick down on Nash's desk, making a loud snap, which caused several of the veils to disappear from the room. "Focus." She said coldly, looking to Dingo and watching as a few students developed thin and thick viels of the blue energy. "For some, it shall be challenging. For others, it will come easily. However, everyone must retain proper focus, or they shall not be able to outpour their energy." She said to the class, watching everyone and holding the meter stick quietly.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »
Nash yipped as the ruler came smacking down onto his desk, and the teacher yelled at him. As she turned away he released a low growl from his lips, and went back to focusing. This time he went from a different angle, if he was going to have to focus he was going to focus on being determined. He already had it in his mind that elemental fire and electricity dark magic was the direction he was going. He focused on his anger, on how frustrating this was, and all of the sudden a very dark blue orb whirred around him. Shocked at how strongly the veil felt around him his ears flattened and he lost his focus and his dark blue orb. He panicked a little on the inside, but didn't know if that was normal or not.  His fur felt static like all over and especially where his training shorts met his body. He ran his paws down his legs and arms to try to flatten his fur out and shook his head. Looking at the teacher, was he supposed to bring it back?

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »
Dingo was focusing hard as he was clearing his head. He finally got his thoughts under control and breathed deeply. He focused hard on what he had to do and how he needed to do it. Eventually he felt an intense cold emerge from the center of his brain. It felt like a brain freeze, but not painful. It was a relaxing cold, and soon it spread throughout his body. He opened his eyes a little and noticed his hands were quivering, and a light blue tone had taken its place on the tips of his fur. He jumped in his out of fear, bumping into Nash slightly, and received a harsh static shock. "Ow! what the hell did you do?"

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
Nash gulped, "I don't know!" he said in a slightly frantic voice. "I don't think it was supposed to be that strong." He wondered if the teacher had noticed his strong energy field, and that it had shocked Dingo in the process. His hand shot up in the air waving her over.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2011, 06:11:13 AM »
Several loud outbursts spread throughout the class, and Dawn smacked her meterstick on her table roughly. "EVERYBODY BE SILENT! She yelled loudly, the class falling quiet. "The hue of your aura shall determine which magic would be a wise decision. She pointed to Nash. "Dark: the power of the two Classical Magics." She turned to Dingo. "Light: the buff, debuff, and healer of classical magics. She then turned her attention to everyone. "After you finish basic magic, you shall be given a choice. You can not master two sections of magic, you can only master Classical or Elemental, the only way you can learn both is to learn the basics. That is all you shall be able to. Furthermore, once you have chosen attribute, it will stick unless you take the time to completely unlearn your attribute. However, I am not here to teach you Classical or Elemental Magic. If you wish to switch classes to one of those, get a good score on your tests on Friday. Now, I'm going to teach you your first unattributed skill. Nash, stand up here. She instructed, pointing to a spot next to her.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »
Nash swallowed hard and rose from his seat, walking to the spot that Dawn had pointed to with her meterstick. He hoped she wouldn't strike him with it, or something. Not knowing what to expect he put on his fake sheild of strength and buffed his chest out a little bit, facing the class. "Yes ma'am."

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
She shook her head as she watched Nash put out his aura, and buff up his chest. "Put out your arm, please." She turned to the class quietly. "I'm going to show you a basic use of healing, then an advanced form. Every one of you should learn the basic form, and students planning to take the light route should master it. If you can learn this skill well enough, you should be able to heal yourself within a second. However, this skill can barely heal a medium sized fleshwound." She took a small knife and cut herself on the finger, clenching her eyes softly as blood began to flow from the point where she had pricked. "I apologize, this isn't very clear and obvious, but I don't wish to cut myself open for the sake of example." She held out her thumb, the cut leaking a small flow of blood. She breathed out softly, focusing quietly. A small shimmering appeared on the area of the cut, flashing lightly before vanishing, leaving behind a healed thumb. "Healing skills won't make you heal wrong, contrary to common beliefs. It simply accelerates healing. It either works or not, if your skill fails then you won't end up a bigger cut, just a half-way healed one." She turned to Nash, gently swirling her paw around a section of his mental energy that he had dispersed. It all poured into her a paw, building into the form of an orb. She held it up to the class. "This is the mana bead for Nash. Created from his energy, this is what it appears when condensed. It has a dark and highly satured color, showing it would probably be best suited under strong, single target spells, most common in the areas of Dark magic." She clenched around it, not causing any pain to Nash, making the orb's hue change to a lighter shade of cyan. "This is my mana bead. It has a light and yellow tinted color, best suited for multi-target and miscellanious spells. My skills are in the areas of Basic Light magic combined with Basic Earth and Fire. Light and Earth are both multi target when offensive. However, light has many miscellanious skills to heal with." She placed the bead of mana onto Nash's cast softly, it evaporating into a mist and surrounding the cast before sinking into it. A soft tickling sensation enveloped in Nash's arm as the muscle's tendon healed. She let go of the arm and quietly looked to her students. "Many people are quite skeptical of Arcana skills, so you shall not see healing often. After class, Nash, go see the nurse again to get your cast removed. You cannot properly learn with an injury. Just make sure they check it over, I may have missed a few smaller parts, however you should be fine. Now everyone, are you ready for instruction on the basic healing skill?"
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
Nash felt the mana ball absorb into his cast, and felt the tingling all throughout his muscle as it tensed and released over and over again. He made a slight hissing noise, but it was only an inhale through his teeth, because it kind of hurt. He nodded when Dawn told him to see the nurse again, slightly excited, and slightly nervous. What if it didn't work? he thought to himself as he returned to his seat, ready to learn the basic magic healing skill, even if he did have dark magic under his belt, and seemed to be one of the very few that did in his class. He only saw two or three others with dark orbs around them. Most of all he was ready to be done with his classes for the day, and to go back do his dorm room. He could feel that same want coming from Dingo.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline kivabunny

• Gregarious Gnu
  • intense love does not measure, it just gives
    • Awards
  • Species: bunny
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: 4' 11" (anthro)
  • Weight: 127 pounds
  • Build: agile and atheletic
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »
somewhere on the opposite side of the campus a door burst open, a flash of white was seen, and the door slammed shut.
"oh god" i said to myself as my my paws and hand-paws  sent me sprinting across the warm asphalt like a feral,  the fastest way i knew to run "i cant be completely absent for my first day" i had spent all of last night wondering how i scored so high and worrying about the laughter that was sure to rain down upon me when the found out that i knew next to nothing about magic. as i skidded to a calm upright walk a few feet from the endurance classroom, i checked my watch, 2:01, it was then i realized i had sprinted a two-minute half-mile and wasn't out of breath, this class would be an easy A+ i thought as i quietly opened the door.
i thought wrong.

assassin......i kill things.......and you will never notice

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2011, 02:48:48 AM »
"For this skill you shall focus your mental energy on a small injury. A cut, a small blister. That is all I can tell you, you can either do it or you can't." Dawn said bluntly, leaning on her meterstick and watching the class tiredly. The period was about a quarter of an hour from being over, and teaching magic wasn't exactly an energy restoring concept. It was quite the antithesis, and drained one mentally.

~

Blair continued doing the physical activities as previously instructed, panting and sweating tiredly. She continued to press on, knowing that they weren't going to get any easier as the class progressed. It was then she caught glimpse of a white wolf. "Late..." She mumbled softly to herself, continuing a jog. As she had displayed throughout the agility latters, she was quite adept when it came to flexibility and evasion, but lacked when it came to stamina.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »
Dingo patted Nash on the back when he sat down. "Days almost over." He said relieved. He gave the teacher back his attention to watch the demonstration on healing. He remembered a small cut on his arm that appeared some days ago. He gathered his focus and concentrated his mana. He then focused on the small wound, feeling his arm tingle a bit. The tingling soon concentrated it self on one spot over the cut. Soon the red line started glowing gold. A dim light faded, revealing a healed a healed patch of skin underneath. "Woh, it worked." Dingo said completely surprised. He rubbed the fur over arm which felt softer then usual and laughed a little.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
Kay watched as a white wolf ran breathlessly into her class, very very late. "And your name?" She stated looking through her charts as the rest of the students ran though the agility ladders with the foot patterns she had demonstrated. She turned around and clapped her hands "Alright everyone! That's enough for your first day. I can see that some of you are in better shape than others. Please take your pulse and write it on your first day post test spot. After you have properly cooled yourself down, you may leave....except for you, late one," she said turning her attention back to the wolf who had missed her class.

Nash didn't have anything to heal anymore and didn't want to injure himself to just see if he even could heal. It's already been determined that he has dark magic, and it already shocked Dingo. He instead refocused and brought his shield back out and focused out a dark ball of mana that rolled around in his hands. He could see the dark blue orb with swirls of anger that looked like a very violent storm rolling up on a dark night. "Um, I'm sorry, but what do I do with this now?"

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place