The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 17234 times)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
Re: Competition
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »
"Guess I got put in my place, huh?" Dingo said to Nash as they both stood in the short line. "Maybe it's the ladies I should be more concerned about."
 He handed the lady behind the cash register some money, and ordered some pizza which looked delicious after the girl from earlier walked out with some. "She was right though." He continued. " Just because some kids are brats with their parent's money, doesnt mean all are. Its a bad stereotype, aint it?"
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 04:10:44 AM »
Lance began to make his room a bit more 'him'. He placed a few posters up on his side, taking out an old cd player, he stuck on some sounds from when he was younger. He moved with the beat slightly, finishing packing and 'lancifying' his room. He unbuttoned his suit jacket and laid it across the bed. going to the en-suite bathrooms in the dorm to have a shower before he mingled.

He was stopped however at the offer of food. He chuckled slightly
"Hm, it depends. what's on offer?" His voice was low and gruff, but not unkind. Turning to face Blair, he gave her a small smile.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 04:22:58 AM »
"Well, I've got a slice of pizza and salad.. You can have the pizza, I can't stomach it. But I've only one plate." She laughed a bit, and sat on her bed. She gave him the piece with two napkins to hold it with, smiling a bit. "I also want to talk to you about how you'll be living with me.. And assert my privacy. First, if I find you going through my drawers, I'll kill you. If you peek while I'm changing, I'll kill you again. I also want to see if we've any classes together."
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 04:34:33 AM »
Lance took the pizza from Blair, thanking her and chuckled again
"I understand your caution miss, but I assure you it's unnecessary. I have no desire to do either of those things". He sat on the edge of the bed and took a small bite "Also I'd like to introduce myself properly, I'm Lance Smith. Under other circumstaces I'd shake your hand, but I'm sure you don't want grease all over you.

Taking another bit out of his pizza, he chewed and swallowed before replying "I'll admit I'm not sure what classes I have yet, I'm afraid I haven't checked the schedule as of this moment. "

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 04:48:38 AM »
"Guys tend to follow an awful profile. Saying you've no desire is at least a bit dishonest." She laughed a bit and looked to him again. "I'm Blair Avery. Hopefully you haven't heard any of those rumors, most aren't completely true.. And on the subject of classes why not check them now? We're both in Charm, so our classes can't be too different.. And while you're at it, tell me your ability style, if you have one." She mused a bit, laughing softly at the end of her sentence.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 05:02:59 AM »
Lance looked across to her and laughed a bit too "Well okay, let me rephrase. I have no desire to encroach upon your privacy. Is that satisfactory?" He listened to her introduction, taking small nibbles of the pizza.
"I'm afraid I have not heard the rumours no, I don't tend to rely on whisperings and playground trivia to keep myself informed. I normally just deal in facts.

When she mentioned classes again, he got up and checked the leaflet on his bed, flicking through the obligatory orientation and welcome to get to the classes "ah here we are; class number one, Classical Magic. Well that's good. Erm, Class number two, Singular Combat, okay, interesting. Class number three, Agility and Damage reduction, Finally class number four. Endurance. Hmm pretty good schedule I'd say." At the last part he grew pensive, stroking the bit of stubble that had edged it's way onto his chin
"I guess I'd have to say Arcana, If anything. I'm not too sure. I guess I'll find out. Anyway what about you?"

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:15:15 AM by Cairi™ »

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:33 AM »
"That's better~" She laughed again and listened as he spoke. She continued to eat her salad as he spoke. "My classes match yours," She laughed a bit as he told her more. She grinned to him as he mentioned his preference. "I am going reflector. Basically, if I get skilled enough, I'll be able to reflect any Arcana abilities, and dodge physical ones, maybe even weaken others to the point where they can't stand. As lame as it sounds, I am to master Charm skills. Might be a bit crazy, but I can already reflect a lot of attacks~ However, I also want to learn some methods of light Arcana styles. Not a lot, but it's always useful."
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 05:42:24 AM »
He grinned as she mentioned her preference "Hmm, that fits I guess". He finished his pizza " My parents tended to keep me busier in the matters of business and suchlike, rather than my 'abilities' So I feel I may be a tad under developed in that respect." Wiping his hands on the napkins, he walked over to the bin and dropped them in, thanking her again for the food.

"My preference has always been for dark Arcana, sounds a bit cliché, but I guess I cant help it sometimes." after a few seconds of quiet contemplation, he asked "So you met any other students? I haven't had the chance yet"

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 05:57:17 AM »
"When your father is almost always getting targeted, he wants you to be prepared. I don't think you're under developed, I think I'm just over developed. But I'm not exactly good at my abilities, just good enough to score a 5." She grinned almost devilishly. "To be honest, Dark Arcana scares me.. From what I've read, it uses mind tricks and whispers to mentally damage a person.. Just be thankful you didn't get into Arcana dorm.. They've got the worst facilities of all classes, as the government still doesn't believe in it. But we still got a teacher so it's all good~"
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 06:13:43 AM »
Lance nodded thoughtfully, sitting back down on the bed "Well I suppose that's a good reason to focus upon your abilities." He listened to her, nodding occasionally
"Well you're already leagues ahead of me, as I could only get a 3, to be fair I got a little confused in the test. As for Dark Arcana. I can understand every body's trepidation with such things, not something to be easily trifled with. All about deception and trickery. I guess you could say I have a sort of morbid interest in the matter. Yes I heard about the division between the two. Such a shame."

He nodded at the teacher comment, then stood up, stretching his wings before relaxing
"Sorry." He said lightly, indicating his wings " They get stiff and achy if I don't stretch them every now and then."

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:15 AM »
"Well... There are other students in Charm, I'm sure they can kick me down with ease... If you can negate offenses, I'm sure my defenses can be negated as well.. Don't take this to heart, its just a rumor, but I hear students in the Science dorm learn all types of negation methods in their physics class.. But then again, I've yet to even see their dorm and teacher.. It's quite mysterious...." She thought again with a murmur. "Well I hope it's not true.."
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 06:37:46 AM »
"Agreed, Well I suppose every type will have weaknesses and strengths, I suppose that's why it'd be important to be proficient in more than one. Yes the science dorm does seem to be shrouded in mystery. Perhaps we will learn more as the days progress." He walked over to his bed and picked up his suit jacket, hanging it up in the wardrobe
"Who knows really, this entire thing is pretty new if were honest. I mean we have teachers that are barely older than we are."
He paused for a second as he grabbed a few clothes and turned back around

"I mean I know this place is prestigious and all, but I've heard next to nothing about it. They definitely play their cards close to their chest....Look I'm just gonna change into something less...restrictive if that's okay?" he moved towards the en-suite and closed the door.

Once Lance was in the bathroom, he brushed his hair out of his face and began to take off his tie and unbutton his shirt, showing his powerful muscles. He stripped down to his underwear and , then began to put on some grey jogger pants and a black vest.

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »
"Of course, of course..." She murmurred softly, listening to him go into the small room. A loud knock on the door made Blair raise her head up, and she walked over to answer it.

"Miss Avery? Your father sent you this."

A man heaved in a large luggage case, and made Blair sigh softly. "Ah, yes. Seems I forgot that... Let me tip you for the labor." She went to her purse and took out a twenty dollar bill, smiling to him kindly as she handed it to him. "Have a nice day, and thank you!~ She closed the door and dragged the heavy case to the side of her bed, panting a bit. "Darn mother of mine.. Always over filling it with luxuries..." She mumbled opening it to see it was full of beauty products, clothing, a blanket, and two pillows. "I don't even use this much make up!!" She yelled, holding up a large box in dismay.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »
Finishing up getting changed, he came back out of the bathroom to see the new addition to the room and hear Blair's protest, stifling a chuckle, he placed his clothes in the drawers carefully before turning around and observing the scene before him
"Bringing some more home comforts eh?" He laughed at little at her dismay "Well at least you wont run out any time soon"

Flopping down on his bed, he sighed "cant believe it but. I'm actually looking forward to class tomorrow. So what do you think about all the secrecy? Maybe we should see if there's any students to mingle with if you're up for it."

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »
"I had purposely forgotten most of this... This is my dad's antics.. The only use of jewelry is to get stolen.." She said as she looked at a silver necklace with an onyx pendant. She took the box of make up and took out three different types, putting them in her drawer and hiding the box under the bed. From the luggage, she pulled out a large and frilly dress, blushing madly. It had red and white lace, and was almost nothing like her current simple black dress. She folded it carefully and hid it in the bottom drawer. After doing so, she pulled out a suit partially before shoving it back in in embarrassment. Under it were more male fitting clothes. She pulled out the blanket and pillows, quickly slamming the luggage shut and hiding it behind her bed. She looked to Lance, her face still deep red. "If you saw anything, you'd better not tell a soul or I'll kill you! Those bags get the same rules as my drawers..." She looked at her pajamas, getting her shampoo, soaps, and pajamas. She walked to the room's bathroom, shutting the door and locking it, turning on the shower.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)