The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 17682 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Re: Competition
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 01:14:46 AM »
Nash followed Dingo closely, and before he knew it they were at the 200 wing of the building. "There it is." He pointed to the room they were to go to, arriving about 10 minutes early. "Sorry, we're early, but at least we know how long we can waste time in the morning before class now." He looked up to the front board and read "Professor Kay" before he was distracted by another student who was passing by him and had bumped his chair. He blew air out of his nose forcefully, but didn't let it go any further.

About 3 minutes until class was due to start a female anthro horse walked through the door and closed it behind her loudly. "Welcome to Evasion and Defense, students, my name is Professor Kay, and I will be your instructor throughout this course. You will do as I say, or I'll make you do endurance work, just for fun." she smiled and shrugged her shoulders up, hoping that she was letting her students know a bit of her personality, and teaching style. "I have some handouts for you today, and we're going to go over the basics of evasion and defense. First I would like to do a roll call to see who is here."

Nash looked over at Dingo and rolled his eyes, "I wrapped my damn hands up for nothin', shoulda known..." He reached over and pulled a green folder out of his book bag and put it on his desk. His ears perked up when he heard his name be called, "Nashayan Rio?" "It's Nash" he replied, looking back up at his teacher.

Kay checked his name and wrote "Nash" next to it, as she had been for other students in her class. It seemed they were in no specific order, which was annoying, and she would correct on her computer once she got home for the day.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 02:31:38 AM »
Blair dragged Lance to the first class, Classic Magic. She looked to the teacher and laughed a bit nervously, late by a minute or two. "I'm sorry ma'am!" She said in her normal female voice, making some people take second glances at her. She looked around the classroom, which was filled with men. There were only 3 seats, all on different corners of the room. She sighed and took her seat, Lance taking the semi near one.

"It's perfectly fine. I have yet to start roll. Don't do it again.. Now, I shall be calling Charm students first as we've no Science students." Dawn said softly, looking to her room of quiet and focused children. She grinned a bit. Perfect, without training. "Luis Adams."

"Here."

"Blair Avery." Blair raised her hand quietly after her name was called, and Dawn looked at the roll sheet she had organized herself, and back at Blair at least three times. "I'm sorry... Miss..? But female students are supposed to be in the Elemental course."

"That's too bad, then. I'm staying in this class. And yes, I am a young lady, not a young man. I just chose to dress in this manor for my first day." She said a bit viligantly, a few outbursts of laughter coming from the students. She continued with her roll list, frustrated at the new student. After she was done, she began to pass out her tests, giving them to each student silently.

"Today each of you will take this test of wisdom. It will tell me if I find you suitable for classic magic, or if I should send you back to Basic. Silence, or you'll be kicked from the Arcana courses alltogether. You may begin." She said loudly, sitting in her own desk and reading her book while the students took the test.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:28 AM »
"Well maybe you didnt wrap them up for nothing..." Dingo whispered to Nash as he leaned in close. "That kid's been giving you the snake eye since he sat down." Dingo did a quick head movement, signaling for Nash to look to the other side of the room. The stalky wolf who bumped his chair sat glaring at them both.
"Dylan Corbin?" The teacher asked loudly. "Here!" Dingo answered matching her voice. He leaned back in instantly and whispered to Nash, "I don't know if you know this guy or not...but whatever goes on, try to stay out of trouble okay? I'de rather we make friends, not enemies."
 He leaned out, as if wanting to end the conversation, and patiently awaited the teachers next words.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:16:17 AM by Dingo Dyl »
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »
Nash leaned back over covering his mouth a bit, "Then don't point trouble out to me, Ding-bat." It was true that Nash hadn't noticed the other wolf who was glaring at them until Dingo pointed it out to him, but he would keep an eye on him for sure now.

"Ahem" Kay placed her hands on her hips looking sternly at the the two of her students who kept talking, "As I was saying, we're going to be doing some basic things today since it's the first day of class. Here is a class syllabus, a form that I would like you to fill out with your information, your aspirations, what you would like to learn from this class, and why you're here at the school." She handed out the packet syllabus, and the single paged "getting to know you" form to her class.

Nash took out his pencil and started to fill out the information section which was all basics: Name, Age, Home State. He left the part for aspirations blank, because he really didn't know what he wanted to be or do with whatever he was going to learn at this school, but he could BS enough to fill out what he wanted to learn from the class and why he was at the school.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »
Dingo worked out his paperwork quietly, not wanting to upset the teacher any further. He finished early as he did not have much to write, and sat his head on the pads of his paw as he leaned on his arm, yawning sleepily as he tried to focus and wake up. However he thought of something as he started to day dream. He turned back to the aspirations section and thought again for a moment, then started to write. He dropped his pencil and looked down at what he had written, and read, "To make something out of myself." He gave the worlds slightest smile, happy with what he wanted for himself. He sat back in his chair and crossed his arms, waiting for someone to speak.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2011, 03:17:10 AM »
As her class was filling out their paperwork Katayida was drawing rough sketch figures in a fighting stance on the white board. When she was done she turned around and spoke, "Before you leave class please place your information papers face down on my desk." She moved back from the drawings on the white board so all of her class could see them. "Now, these two figures are representing fighters, both are in a defensive stance because of where their feet are placed, and where their arms and hands are placed. Notice that on Figure A," she pointed to the top figure to the right, "their right foot is behind, and their left foot is forward and there is a slight bend in their hips and knees. Their arms are also up and in front of their body to protect the upper regions. This is very important in defense. Blocking your opponents attacks is one of the many ways that you will be able to keep your endurance up, your agility up, and of course, if you're not hurting from getting hit too many times, you will be able to evade your opponents attacks." Kay drew an arrow from the lower figure's right hand to the top figures facial area. "Lets pretend that Figure B decides to throw a punch at Figure A. What are Figure A's options?" She looked around at her class to see if anyone had any answers.

Nash wasn't paying attention, just scribbling in his notebook, this class was going to be too basic for him. He sighed heavily and leaned his mass over onto his desk and continued to scribble.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 04:34:36 AM »
Kay stared blankly back at the class, disappointed no one had volunteered. She scanned across the room and finally picked on a victim. Dingo knew what figure A's options were, he just didnt want to impose on the class that he was a know-it-all, and he assumed everyone else felt the same way. "You, Mr. Corbin." She said, looking at Dingo. He sat up in his chair and cleared his throat a little bit, and answered, "He can dodge, block, or counter." He glanced out of the corner of his eyes to make sure no one was giving him any weird looks.

Offline Black-Horse

• Eager Elephant
  • shutting down everything, leaving forums
    • Awards
  • Species: horse
  • Currently: shocked, angry, go away
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2011, 12:04:48 AM »
Rylo got up from sleep, and stared blankily. He stood up, and put on his robe and made hot tea. He limberd up and stretched his body. Then he walked out and entered his class room arena. He sat down and drank his tea.
.            .(¯'•(¯'•             _/)/) 
               (¯'•.(¯'•       ((      ((
                (¯`'•(¯'•   (( )  (  ‘ /)
                 (¯`'•.(¯'(( )    |\_/
     ,,,~”¯¯¯`'¯(_¸´(_ )     |
   ((( /                             )__
  (((( \      ),,             (     /__`\
  ))))  \    //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯' \    /     / /
 (((     /  //                 |  /     \/
 )))     | ||                .| |           ♥♥♥
((        ) \\                 ) \           \|/
.^^^^.""'"'.^^^^^^^..""".^^^^.""""

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2011, 02:43:41 AM »
"That is correct" Katayida said and turned back to the white board. "Lets say that Figure A decides to block this attack. How would Figure A block the attack?" She asked her class, a lean Cheetah who was sitting in the side front of the class room shot his hand up in the air, "forearms, or hands" he said confidently. "That is correct." Katayida said nodding and capped her marker placing it back on the ledge of the white board. She walked back over to her desk and grabbed some papers. "This is the last thing I will have you do before class will be dismissed for the day, it's an introductory quiz so I know exactly how much you know about evasion and defense. I expect it will take you about 15-20 minutes to fill out properly, as most answers are written. Tomorrow we will meet out in the front field and we will work on some basic defensive techniques one on one." She passed out the papers individually to each student.

Nash yawned and stretched his body back in his seat still kind of sleepy from the morning and then not paying attention during the really basic lecture they just got. Rubbing his right eye as he held the paper he just got handed in his left hand looking at it sleepily. It was filled with questions like have you been in a fight before, did you win or lose, did you use any defensive techniques, if so what were they, what is defense, what is evasion, and so forth. He wrote his answers out and about 17 minutes later he was finished. He walked up and sat the introduction paper face down on the desk like the teacher had asked and handed her his quiz. "I hope tomorrow is more exciting" he said to her in a snide tone. However, she ignored him and kept collecting the quizzes.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2011, 04:13:17 AM »
Dawn opened her book to a page, and looked to the class. "We have about 15 minutes left, so I am going to explain the most popular theories on the origin of Dark and Light magic." She said softly, standing in front. "In the world of Classic Magic, there are many different styles. The most used are the Eastern and Western styles. Attributes are not styles, they're classifications. Is that clear?" The class nodded quietly, and Dawn smiled a bit. "Eastern styles originate from Asian cultures, China, India, and Japan being the most known. Eastern styled Dark magic is the best known form of Dark magic. It is basically the conversion of the lack of light energy, or darkness, into energy, which as you should've learned before, we call mana. Now, mana is both your weapon and shield in magic. However, to use it, you must have full focus on what you're doing, now let me continue with attributed. Eastern Dark magic often uses one's fear as a key to defeating the openent. Western Light magic, which was developed in Europe, embraces the abilities of using light energy to heal and add to others' skills. However, light magic can also be used for offense, which we will learn later. However, before you leave, you must remember if you choose an attribute, certain laws apply. In the case of Dark and Light, you can only learn one. Elemental limits will be taught in the Elemental course, however a person may learn basic Elemetal and basic Classical skills. Advanced magics are only able to people who either pick to reside in one field of magic. You are dismissed." She said softly, letting the class get up and noisely leave as she sat at her desk to begin the process of grading papers.

"Hmm... Interesting, yet boring." Blair said to herself quietly. She got up and brushed off the suit coat, grabbing the backpack she had taken in the morning. As she was walking out, the teacher stopped her.

"Please do not be late again, Miss Avery. This course is meant to be for men and women that have previously learned elemental magic., however, I will permit you to take it if that is your choice. Furthermore, if you ever wish to switch to elemental, I will help you." Blair nodded quietly and waved silently as she walked from the room alone, leaving Lance behind. She began to her next class, Singular Combat, still dressed and looking like a male.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Black-Horse

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2011, 05:17:21 AM »
Rylo sat and waited for the students to come.
                 (¯`'•.(¯'(( )    |\_/

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2011, 05:38:32 AM »
Dingo worked on his quiz quietly as he answered the questions to the best of his ability. When he finished he put his pencil down and walked the paper up to the teachers desk. After handing it to her he went over to Nash. "Any idea where our next class is?" He asked.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2011, 04:16:32 AM »
Nash looked back at Dingo, "Uhh...It's Singular Combat....so I assume that it's got to be in some kind of arena or gym....we really need to find a map." Nash looked around the hallway and spotted something down at the end of the hall that looked like a map. He ran and grabbed one and then came back to where Dingo was. "I think it's in the arena.....here!" He pointed to a part of the map that was a sparring arena, but was indoors like a gym, next to an outdoor sparring arena. "Maybe I didn't wrap my hands for nothing after all!" he said with a grin and letting his tongue hang out a bit to the side excitedly. "Let's go!"

Katayida stacked and collected her classes quizzes and getting to know you information papers. She had a little bit of time before teaching her next classes so she elected to read over the getting to know you papers from her first class, and then prepare for her second and third classes since they would be in succession to one another later in the day.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2011, 04:51:21 AM »
Blair walked rather slowly, tiredly rubbing her eye. She looked around, noticing that the school's halls were primarily filled with men. She continued on her way the Arena. She grinned at the idea of being able to show her dodge abilities off, what she was most proud of and skilled at. However, it probably wouldn't get her a good grade, due to the fact singular combat is an offensive class. She disregarded this, and walked into a bathroom. She looked in the mirror, examining herself. "My my, don't you look like a gentleman~? Little prissy one at that, too! She joked to her reflection, laughing lightly, sighing after it. She used the restroom and walked into the arena for singular combat silently afterwards.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Black-Horse

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2011, 04:53:47 AM »
Rylo saw Blair walk in, and a few other students. He waited for the rest and drank the rest of his tea.
                 (¯`'•.(¯'(( )    |\_/