The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition  (Read 17687 times)

Offline [Sov]

• Your Local Neurotic Hyena
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • One more word and you wont survive.
    • Awards
  • Species: Striped Hyena
  • Coloring: Chocolate brown stripes, sandy colored fur
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Build: Curvy~
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Neurotic!
Re: Competition
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:15 AM »
Nash was still grinding his teeth together as he followed Dingo back to the end of the line, looking up at other students who were watching them, some with looks of horror at what they had just seen, and others with looks of "I could tie you up like a pretzel" on their faces. Nash growled lowly at some of them bearing his front teeth, all while holding his arm up with the other in a sling-like position. When Dingo came over to him, Nash closed his eyes tightly. "DON'T apologize. Don't EVER apologize for something you did in a fight." Nash commanded at him opening his eyes back up quickly to look at Dingo who looked guilty. Nash began to unwrap his right hand, because he was pulling himself out of fighting for the rest of the day no matter what any teacher said. If he couldn't make a fist, what was the point anyway. Upon unwrapping it, it became apparent that it was swelling over the top of his flexor tendon. "Crap," Nash said aloud, his voice starting to go back to normal as the adrenalin began to drain from his system.
I am closed for commissions. See my furaffinity for pricing.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game
And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

Wanna find me in other places?

FurAffinity::Twitter

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky
  • Build: Semi-Feminine Male
  • Currently: Cutting people with my tongue, be careful.
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »
Blair stepped onto the battle area, silently staring at the man she was supposed to face. "Idiots first." She grinned, bending her knees slightly to jump at a minute's notice. Her opponent, a tall and heavy set bull, had no issue with charging at her quite bluntly.

"If you're going to dress like a man, I'm going to fight you like a man!" He yelled cheesily, making Blair yawn loudly. With ease, she stepped aside, making the bull spin himself around. She slid her foot out to trip him, making him fall to the floor. However, she was grabbed and pulled down by her ankles. She yelled softly, while the bull gripped her by her suit's front, beginning to punch her in the face bluntly. After at least 30 seconds, she kicked up at the bull's stomach, swiftly rolling out of his grip and gripping his head, slamming it to the ground and panting softly. When he flung his arms out, she jumped back. Her nose pouring out blood to the floor and her suit.

He began a second charge, swinging his fists in a left right pattern, which was rather easy for Blair to dodge. She slid behind him, grabbing both arms and twisting them as far as possible. "We're done, or I'll dislodge both." She kept her grip tight, face cold and bloodstained, she looked to the teacher for a second, keeping her focus on the squirming, larger bull.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
  • kik: Dovuu
    • Awards
  • Species: Lion
  • Coloring: dark brown, tan, white, gold
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0 Feral: 4'6
  • Weight: Anthro: 145 Feral: 470
  • Currently: in need of attention
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »
Dingo looked forward, slightly upset with Nash. "I've never apologized in a fight." Dingo said, crossing his arms. "I've never fought a friend before either." He gazed on as he watched the new fight. He recognized the girl, and was impressed at her agility, and also her bravery to take on the stalky bull.
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dovu/

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »
After hearing Dingo's words Nash turned away, sulking a bit because he knew Dingo was right. He had forgotten the friend not enemy motto he had tried to force into his mind before he fought him. Nash dropped the blue wrap he had previously had around his right hand onto the ground, and decided it was time for him to dismiss himself from class, and go find the nurses office. If his tendon was torn his future at the academy could be over quicker than expected. He slipped out of the arena unnoticed, as everyone was focused on the next fight, including Dingo.

Wondering out through the halls, he pulled the map out of his bag that he had grabbed earlier and found the nurses office on the map. He was really hoping that no one would catch him out of class without a pass, because that could wind him up in serious trouble as well. Sheesh, life has too many rules, he thought as he walked aimlessly towards the nurses office. He recalled Dingo's words again "I've never fought a friend before either," which seemed to echo between his ears. He rolled his head around stretching out and cracking his neck then released a large sigh through his mouth, he felt a little broken, more than just physically.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Black-Horse

• Eager Elephant
  • shutting down everything, leaving forums
    • Awards
  • Species: horse
  • Currently: shocked, angry, go away
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »
Rylo looked at the fight with no impressed face. " Okay your done, This will be going on all year, it will get more and more advanced, and for the first month, you will be very sore. There is a reason to why you have Defensive class before this one." Rylo turned." Next!
.            .(¯'•(¯'•             _/)/) 
               (¯'•.(¯'•       ((      ((
                (¯`'•(¯'•   (( )  (  ‘ /)
                 (¯`'•.(¯'(( )    |\_/
     ,,,~”¯¯¯`'¯(_¸´(_ )     |
   ((( /                             )__
  (((( \      ),,             (     /__`\
  ))))  \    //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯' \    /     / /
 (((     /  //                 |  /     \/
 )))     | ||                .| |           ♥♥♥
((        ) \\                 ) \           \|/
.^^^^.""'"'.^^^^^^^..""".^^^^.""""

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2011, 12:19:20 AM »
Blair dropped the buffalo, holding her nose. He dropped to the floor with a cough. "Tramp." The word was spit from his lips. She stopped in her tracks, and then continued to walk away. She, unawaringly in tow of Nash, began to walk to the nurse's office, nose still dripping a constant blood flow. She walked in an angry and hurried pace, blood dripping down her hands and arms.

Her footsteps were quite audible, and she kept moving quickly, accidentally elbowing Nash as she passed. "I apologize!" She said in a hurried tone, storming into the office, and running to the single person bathroom.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2011, 12:57:37 AM »
Before he knew it Dingo was up again. This time his opponent was a tall rottweiler. The dog took off his shirt just as his name was called, and wore nothing but some baggy gym shorts like Dingo was wearing. They took their stances as they waited for the bell. This time Dingo was ready to go all out. The second the bell rang dingo gave a hard kick to the side of his challenger's thigh, followed by quick jabs with his left hand and a hard uppercut. One of his jabs reached the dog's face, however his uppercut was dodge perfectly as Dingo's opponent quickly leaned back. The second Dingo exposed his chest the rottweiler gave him a hard punch directly in the gut. Dingo stumbled backward and fell on the ground grasping his stomach.
"Get up!" The dog said, pacing back and forth. Dingo swept his legs out from under him, making the dog catch himself in the pushup position. Dingo, having recaptured his breath, rose to his feet. Giving a hard knee to the chin of the rottweiler who was just starting to get up. He fell back on his back and rolled over, getting back on his feet again. He wiped some blood from his mouth and put his arms back up. The dog then put out a deadly combination of swings, kicks and elbows that Dingo was unprepared for. Covering his head didnt do much as he took a couple punches and devastating elbows to his cheek bones. A massive migraine was triggered, and Dingo fell to the floor in agony.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:01:48 AM by Dingo Dyl »

Offline Black-Horse

• Eager Elephant
  • shutting down everything, leaving forums
    • Awards
  • Species: horse
  • Currently: shocked, angry, go away
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2011, 01:05:03 AM »
Rylo stopped the fight and pulled both out. " Alright, that concludes todays combat, Now I want you all to grab the sheet on my desk, you will be studying the anthro anatomy for your homework tonight, and also for your second homework assignment, you should meditate on your free time for 30 minutes and focus on your body."
.            .(¯'•(¯'•             _/)/) 
               (¯'•.(¯'•       ((      ((
                (¯`'•(¯'•   (( )  (  ‘ /)
                 (¯`'•.(¯'(( )    |\_/
     ,,,~”¯¯¯`'¯(_¸´(_ )     |
   ((( /                             )__
  (((( \      ),,             (     /__`\
  ))))  \    //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯' \    /     / /
 (((     /  //                 |  /     \/
 )))     | ||                .| |           ♥♥♥
((        ) \\                 ) \           \|/
.^^^^.""'"'.^^^^^^^..""".^^^^.""""

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2011, 01:14:33 AM »
Nash jerked his injured hand away from being in harms way again, "Hey, watch it!" he yelled. The nurse looked at Nash over her glasses, "First day and I can't keep 'em outta here" she said sighing heavily. "Sign in, and tell me what's wrong." Nash picked up the pencil and tried to hold it using his thumb, but now couldn't bend it at all so he just did his best and scribbled Nashayan Rio using 3 of his fingers. "I messed up my hand in combat class, I think it might be sprained or somethin'" Nash said to her, and then noticed that she had been watching him try to write the entire time.

She took the clip board and pushed her glasses up her face, "Mr. Rio go have a seat over there please, and I'll be with you in a moment." She shuffled some papers around behind the desk, and then got up from her chair, and walked into the back room bringing out a pair of clippers, and an ice pack. "Hold out your hand Mr. Rio, I've got to shave away your fur to be able to see your injuries properly." Nash grimaced at the thought of his fur being shaved. His skin was pink, and anyone would be able to see it if he didn't have it constantly wrapped. Knowing he had to cooperate he held his arm up and the nurse carefully shaved the fur off of the top part of his hand over the thumb, index finger, and tendon areas. It was hot, red, purple, blue, and swollen underneath his white fur. The nurse pressed on a few places and asked him to respond with a pain level between 1 and 10, 10 being the worst pain ever. When she pressed on the spot where Nash had felt the pop near his wrist where the thumb, wrist, and finger bones all come together he let out combination yelp and whimper. "Hmmm," the nurse mumbled looking at Nash's wrist closely, "please wait here." She handed him the ice pack and he set it on top of his hand, and listened to her as she made a phone call. "Yes, I need the orthopedist. Wrist injury, possible torn tendon." Nash frowned still hearing Dingos words resonating throughout his head with every throb of pain that shot through his arm.

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
Dingo still laid on the floor on all fours as no one tried to help him up. His head still pulsating with pain with each heartbeat from his migraine. He had gotten migraines all his life, sometimes randomly, sometimes when he got hit too hard in the noggin. He laid back on his knees and squinted his eyes to the painfully bright lighting in the room. He slowly got to his feet and and started to walk over to Rylo's desk with one paw putting pressure on his temples to relieve some pain. He grabbed a paper and walked out the arena door. Stepping outside into the blinding light made him want to throw up. He found the nearest trashcan and did so...then continued to search for his next class.

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2011, 03:50:44 AM »
The bathroom was occupied for at least fifteen minutes, even though it only took Blair a few minutes to stop the bleeding. She cleaned herself up and stopped, looking into the mirror. The word rang in her ears, only word that broke her on the first day. She sighed, opening the door slowly and walking out. "Excuse me, nurse... I'm sorry if I am interrupting, but I might need some rubbing alcohol and a cloth.." She said apathetically, trying not to make a scene of herself. Maybe she was over dramatic, but that still gave the buffalo no excuse to speak to her like that, or at least so she thought. She was too busy looking down and thinking that she didn't notice the nurse's first reply.

"First aid's over there." She kept tending to Nash, and Blair nodded quietly, taking the kit back to the bathroom.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2011, 04:37:29 AM »
Dingo, still delirious from his migraine, was blinded by the sun as his eyes were now super sensitive. He realized it was lunch after he saw the cafeteria. He stepped inside thinking some food would help, but then decided not to go in once he heard how loud it was. Not feeling up to walking all the way to his dorm, he founded the nearest bench along on of the cement paths and laid down, pulling his shirt up over his head to shield his eyes.

Offline [Sov]

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2011, 06:13:17 AM »
The orthopedist finally showed up at the nurses office, toting along some huge rolling suitcase behind him. "Greetings Mr. Rio, I'm Dr. Calabran the academy's private orthopedist and sports medicine doctor, and I'm going to take a few quick images of your wrist to see what's going on, and hopefully we'll be able to get you out of here as quickly as possible." Nash groaned a bit, "You can call me Nash." Dr. Calabran lugged his suitcase onto the bed Nash was seated on, and opened it up, removing the small imaging machine from the right side of it, "okay Nash, tell me what happened." He sighed heavily, "I was sparring with my dormmate in single combat class and I swung my right fist at his face, and then punched him real hard in the stomach......but in the process he grabbed my wrist, and as he was going by me we got kinda twisted around....I-I hope it's just a sprain, but..." Nash paused, wondering if he should say what he felt next, or if he shouldn't, but then realized that the imaging would confirm or deny any suspicions he had anyway. "I felt a sharp pop, and then my thumb went numb. When I tried to make a fist to come at him again, it hurt so bad and the pain shot all the way up into my elbow."

Dr. Calabran was listening to Nash tell him what happened, and was also looking at his hand, arm, and fingers. He lifted each of Nash's fingers up one at a time, pressed on certain areas, and had him rate his pain on a scale of 1 to 10 again. Nash rolled his eyes, because now it felt kind of numb, and the swelling had gone down a bit from having ice on it for at least 20 minutes waiting for the doctor to show up. The doctor lined up an imaging plate and asked Nash to place his wrist on it in the center, in 6 different positions, for 6 different photographs. After another 5 minutes the images showed up on the portable screen, and Dr. Calabran went back to his bag. He pulled out a plastic wrist splint that had a thumb attachment. Nash cursed in his thoughts, because he knew exactly what it meant. "I have good news and I have bad news, Mr. Rio" Dr. Calabran said to Nash. "The bad news is that you've torn the tendon portion of your extensor pollicis longus muscle." Nash looked at the doctor blankly, because he had no idea what that meant. "The good news is that it's not severe enough to require surgery. You will need to wear this brace at all times, except when washing your hands, or taking a shower. It will keep your thumb and wrist stabalized. You will see me again in 4 weeks time, and we will re-evaluatate your injury, and your return to contact in your fighting classes." Nash's eyes grew wide, "WHAT?! I can't fight!?" The doctor chuckled as he placed the brace onto Nash's arm, taping it gently but tightly around his thumb, and wrist, "Good gracious no, that could put you in surgery without a doubt. Don't do anything stupid now, you hear?" Nash nodded, and crossed his arms over his chest, pouting a bit. At least I'm not getting kicked out of school for this, he thought.

Signing out of the nurses office, and getting a note of exception from contact in fighting classes for 4 weeks, he was told that he still had a bit of time for lunch before his afternoon classes started, and he ran outside as quickly as possible. He passed a bench that had an awfully familiar looking figure curled up on it. "Dingo?" Nash questioned, "Dude, are you okay?"

I’m taking it slow
Feeding my flame
And just in time
In the right place

Offline Gen

• Eager Elephant
  • Blue Husky
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2011, 07:05:08 AM »
After cleaning herself up, Blair walked out of the office quietly, looking down at her bloodstained suit. She walked to the Charm dorms, changing into a pair of exercise shorts and a tee shirt, continuing to tie back her hair. She layed on bed, just waiting for the Advanced Charm classes to begin.
Regards;
~Gen(陣らー元始)

Offline Døvu

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »
Dingo pulled his shirt down from over his face and squinted hard at Nash. He sat up and rubbed his head some more. "Hey...uh...yeah ill be fine. Just have a migraine. Got the crap beat out of me right before class ended." Dingo said. Looking a bit more closely he discovered Nash's brace. He stared at it for a couple seconds and then glanced up at Nash. "Oh...," was all he could say feeling guilt as he looked down at his feet. "What did the doctor say?"