The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: To Find My Worth (Taking Requests, Requesting Evaluation)  (Read 1166 times)

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Silvery Grey, Burnt Orange, Mottled Black, Dirty Cream
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 123lbs.
  • Build: short and scrawny
  • Currently: Coding Drawing Browsing Working Sleeping
To Find My Worth (Taking Requests, Requesting Evaluation)
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:35:59 PM »

So, I've been meaning to open for commissions for quite awhile now.  I'm pretty sure I've had the skills this entire time, but my lack of confidence has kept me down.

So here's the deal:  I want to find out what I'm worth.

I'm currently taking free requests.  All I ask in return is that, when you get the finished product, you tell me what you'd pay for something like that in the future.  I do almost entirely digital work, although I do now have a scanner, and art supplies from classes earlier in the year.  I'll do sketches, painterly/watercolor style color works, and crisp, cartoony-looking vector art.  I'll do badges (only the art, not the physical form for free  :P ), icons, banners, ref sheets, even bigger pieces with basic backgrounds - I want to keep it kind of simple to start, but I'll dialouge on it.   ^_^ At the moment, I'm not getting into animation - although I want to try that out after I get going.

Also note that even if you say something ridiculous like $100 for a badge, that doesn't mean I'm then going to charge that much when I take commissions.  I'm just feeling around to see what people think my art is worth.  After a good run of this,  I'll decide prices and open for commissions.  I'll still do trades and the occasional surprise gift, though.   ;)

http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/mulchardude/ <-- Here's my FA for just a few examples of my art.  This stuff's all recent.

So shoot me your requests!  I look forward to the challenge.