The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 6931 times)

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 10:07:41 PM »
I'm hoping it'll work fine on my computer...I really want this game.
If anything, it will probably be least glitchy on computer seeing as Bethesda stated that it's the easiest to code for, not to mention the amount of fan-made mods that will undoubtedly be released soon.

On another note, I have a bit of an issue.
I accidentally attacked a group of people (Don't ask how) and I was forced to kill them, the guards didn't even give me a chance to give myself up and now whenever I enter a certain city every guard tries to kill me no matter what.
Is there anyway to submit to the charges and pay my fine/do jail time?
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:05 PM »
www.skyrimnexus.com

<--- Already there's a nexus for mods! ^_^

But I have an issue of my own......I realllllly would like to play my Bethesda games like Oblivion, FNV, and Skyrim when I get it on High or Ultra graphic settings for my laptop, but usually when I try this my game crashes before it even boots up.

I've patched FNV with mods to improve the graphics and it looks stunning, but I'm wondering if there are/will be mods for Oblivion and Skyrim that make the graphics appear Ultra on a laptop like mine without crashes.

Also I'm really eager to see the body, face, clothing and hair mods for Skyrim that they're going to come out with.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:03:52 PM by The Doll »
x

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 10:08:30 PM »
It seems to be the newest craze lol. My mate is totally addicted to it and beat the game on Sunday, and my step-brother got sucked into it as well, as well as more people I know. I have never seen the slightest gameplay of the game, but from what it sounds like, it seems to be pretty amazing.
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »
Picked it up for the 360, thoroughly enjoying it so far.  I started off with a Nord, but decided I enjoy the stealth aspect a bit more and rerolled a Khajiit.  Sticking more to the thievery, less about the murder (at least so far, might dabble in the Dark Brotherhood once I've gotten most other quests out of the way).  Getting lost in side quests.  Even if they're randomly generated, the bounty mini-quests are enjoyable distractions.

I'm looking forward to the patch that fixes the "install on hard drive = low-res textures" bug.  I'm not expected my eyeballs to melt, but I'd like to see the work they put into it.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 01:54:21 AM »
Made a Khajiit named Rasputin. (I like Russian names if you hadn't noticed)

Playing stealthy is really fun, and the thieves guild missions are awesome so far.
I've barely progressed in the main story though, just been fooling with side quests for the time being.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:01 AM »
Any small chances of me having a life disappeared as soon as I got this game XDD

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »
I've only had time for about 2 hours playing time but I like what I see so far XD
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Sebby

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Vancouver Island Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with brown
  • Height: 5"6
  • Build: Average, somewhat muscular.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Daydreaming as always.
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
Haven't had the chance to play too much of it since I bought it, thanks to school *shakes fist* but what I have played has been thoroughly entertaining. I rolled a Nord, who somehow ended up looking a little like Leonaidas from 300. It's my first Elder Scrolls on the 360 (Having played Morrowind and Oblivion on PC) and I have to say, I was tentative, but the combat handles great. It's fluid and well-designed, especially in the small details, like the way your body (and consequently the camera) moves when you draw your weapon. Also, I like that there's woodcutting and mining to be had as well; ever since getting introduced to such abilities through the likes of RuneScape (Oh dear god, haven't we all been there?) I've found myself extremely pleased when I find similar aspects in other games, and being of a RP mindset, I'm wont to carving out a life for my character in a village, and forgetting about actually doing any adventuring for in-game days. But hey, I'm one of those weirdos that actually makes my character sleep/rest through the night, so there you go.

School will be over soon, so hopefully then I'll get to knuckle down and play through a good chunk of my vacation!

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
Why is it that people always look ugly in TES games >.< and I mean the dark elves use to be so cool in TES III, oblivion they looked kinda retarded and now in skyrim they just look hideous T.T

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:59 PM »
^ That is why they make a lot of body, hair and face mods, but they're kinda just for PC. The mods for Oblivion were beautiful, made it look next gen even. In that respect, I can't wait to see what mods they deliver for Skyrim...if Oblivion mods were beautiful, then Skyrim mods should be- O_O

And I finally figured out my problem...I was trying to run ultra high graphics on my games while also running HDR. With Bloom instead, the game does not crash even on ultra.
x

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »
^ That is why they make a lot of body, hair and face mods, but they're kinda just for PC. The mods for Oblivion were beautiful, made it look next gen even. In that respect, I can't wait to see what mods they deliver for Skyrim...if Oblivion mods were beautiful, then Skyrim mods should be- O_O

And I finally figured out my problem...I was trying to run ultra high graphics on my games while also running HDR. With Bloom instead, the game does not crash even on ultra.

Good thing I have it on PC ... *looks at my oblivion folder with 217 mods installed on it* Please o please Ren make a RBP mod for Skyrim T.T

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
I agree, but I'm more into Moonshadow elves. Then again, I'm not really into either, I'd prefer some simple, pretty presets for the vanilla races.

As for dunmers, though, they're supposed to be a little ugly. Dunmers are a cursed race. But I can only tolerate so much ugly, I even make my orcs pretty when I can.
x

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 12:50:02 AM »
I just got done being a werewolf, and I killed lots and lots of people and then ate them ^^

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 11:54:51 AM »
I chose to get The Black Star instead of Azura's Star, so I can soul trap bandits/whatnot and use them to make powerful enchantments.  Made a dagger with soul trap for one second, so I can swing away and trap them on the last hit.  I make tons of leather helmets with whatever I get from wolves/deer, enchant the helmets, sell them, and start the grinding all over again.

Offline Sne

• Boisterous Bear
  • I reject my humanity and substitute a fox!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Scarlet Mane's Diary
    • Awards
  • Species: arctic fox
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 28 cm
  • Weight: 4 kg
  • Build: feral
  • Currently: dead
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
I traditionally have chosen Khajiit as my character even though I don't use stealth much and I was quite surprised of how deep I'm getting immersed. I didn't notice it with Oblivion and Morrowind or maybe it wasn't just present - but in Skyrim the opponents scream they'll make a rug out of me and it's really... personal. And they pay the highest price for that insult.

I've stopped playing for a few days as the idea of making carpets out of people freaked me out I've had my thoughts racing just before sleep. D: The last time I had that kind of reaction was when I've read a work about lobotomy...

@Longcat, I'm not sure if you haven't meant that your mate beat the main quest, because it's quite impossible to beat a large fraction of the game within just 24 hours.

@Alexei, I don't think it's possible, although I may be wrong. But if you feel you've been wrongly punished by the game, I think you can use some console commands to reduce your fine to levels that won't make the guards go amok, possibly 999 drakes.