The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spyro the Dragon 2  (Read 930 times)

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Spyro the Dragon 2
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
There is simply no way for you to comprehend how much these games mean to me. They were my childhood.

It seems like I've tried everything there is to be able to play these games again. Especially Spyro 2, which was my favourite. I always fail.
I can't even remember how many people have tried to help me, how many hours spent cursing emulators and what not.

Maybe you can help me?

What I have:
A working PS2 (bought in Europe, maybe that's important, I don't know.)
3 PS2 controllers
PS1 and PS2 memory cards.
A fairly crappy computer
Somewhat decent computer skills

What I do not have:
Money

Goal:
Puncia playing Spyro again

Now, I owned all the games as a kid so using emulators is not a crime in my case. I got them when they were new, the companies involved earned their cash, everyone got what they wanted. I am not stealing from them.

I've tried using ePSXe and other emulators. I ALWAYS (literally always) end up with tons of errors and no results. I've installed it, run the setup wizard and everything is fine until I load the .iso for the game. The emulator crashes and "Windows can't find a solution".
I've also tried to burn the .iso file (and according to the place I got it from, this should work) onto a CD and popped it into my PS2. It told me to "Please insert a PS or PS2 format disc.". I tried to extract the files in the .iso and burn those directly. Same result.

Now I'm sitting here with nothing. Any suggestions?