The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Quirks  (Read 14095 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
Re: Quirks
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:54 AM »
-I don't have idle hands, whenever there is a free moment I'm doing something with them. (Crack knuckles, chew finger nails off, bite them, play with a butterfly knife, shuffle cards, etc)

Why Cuddles? Why!?!
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
If I'm looking for something I will do an impression of using it. For example if I'm looking for a pen I will write in the air as I scan the room.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 08:59:36 PM »
-I don't have idle hands, whenever there is a free moment I'm doing something with them. (Crack knuckles, chew finger nails off, bite them, play with a butterfly knife, shuffle cards, etc)

Why Cuddles? Why!?!

Because it looks cool! How quick would you change your mind about mugging someone flipping one out in a dark alley?

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 100 Poster
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 09:18:18 PM »

Why Cuddles? Why!?!

Because it looks cool! How quick would you change your mind about mugging someone flipping one out in a dark alley?

It would make me want to beat them up more.

You're using a weapon that takes too long to draw, set up, stabilize, and prepare for use than it does for me to use any weapon that I'm proficient with. And even when you use it, it's shaky and unwieldly.

If you want to use a knife, use a knife. Don't use a Balaclava...
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »
Please stay on topic.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
I sing at work sometimes XD
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »
I sing at work sometimes XD

A guy I used to work with would sing. He was a big lad with quite a few tattoos but he would sing songs by boy bands. :D He definatly made the day pass quicker.

Offline yanoit15

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 04:43:03 AM »
when ever im nervous or antsy to do sometihng, i start cracking my knuckles and wringing my hands. iv found about....3 ways to crack about all my finger joints. just a nervous habbit i guess. as a kid(and even sometimes to this day) i just randomly talk to myself as if someone else is there. i have to explain my actions to myself, as if i didnt understand them(while doing them) its probably induced from my childhood, where i never had any close friends(let alone any REAL friends)until id say....4th-6th grade.

Offline TailzWolf

• Boisterous Bear
  • Thanks goes to Joe Racoon for this nice Avi!
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
*I'm too apologetic
*I tend to lightly chomp my thumb nails at random times. Considering how long it takes to grow these things, I'm glad it's lightly  XP
*When I'm on the couch, and I (try) to go to sleep, I curl up
*When I wake up and stretch, my leg tends to shake like a dog's
*Whenever I'm listening to anime or video game music, the personal projects I'm working on pop into my head and I start thinking of how that song could fit in, usually with a scene or scenario playing in my head along with the song
*I tend to avoid eye contact, either by slightly looking away from the person's face or by covering my eyes with my bangs. There's actually several reasons for this
*I think I've gotten a little more flamboyant and snarky, and even though most of the time I'm quiet, stoic and formal, these tendencies tend to creep in from time to time. I'd say it's because Ash Crimson's rubbed off on me, but still  X3

Don't know if anyone's had an experience like this but...

For me, when my emotions progress outside of a normal range and move towards an extreme like happy, sad, angry, etc, my mind begins to dissociate. The logical / notetaking part of my mind becomes separate from the emotion and the two vie for reactionary dominance.

This means that when I begin to become angry, I reach a point where I express no emotion because my logical side has gained control. Common signs of this are monosyllabic answers and tearing apart everything that is said to me through a logical progression. Or the opposite is true and something like I will be extremely emotional but will be able to tell you the licence plates of every car I saw in the parking lot.
I can kind of relate to this.... a bit.

Feel fre to take the quiz here

Offline JC_Shepherd

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: German_Shepherd
  • Coloring: brown, black, neon light blue
  • Height: 5"7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Currently: confused???
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 01:22:57 AM »
whenever i sit i always have to either put 1 foot on the chair so i can rest my head on my knee or sit on the other, also i cant stand sleeping on beds so i have slept on the floor for about a year now, when im home alone i usually scream for no reason but i feel alot better after i do and sometimes at night i walk around my house while everyone is sleeping
"i've held on to long just to let it go now
will my inner strength get me through it some how
defying the curse that has taken hold now
never surrender, ill never be overcome"
                         Disturbed - the curse

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012, 01:29:02 AM »
I have varying levels of dirtiness.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
i say awkward things when i feel embarrassed.

i tend to zone out

i talk to myself.

yep, i'm insane.

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »

yep, i'm insane.
Sanity is boring anyway.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 10:43:55 PM »
i'll list a few:

-:- I Always have to wear a necklace, ALWAYS. If I dont I panic since I have ADHD I cant sit still for long periods of times so I fiddle with my necklace for something to do.

-:- I constently have mint flavoured things on me (How I got Minty as a nickname) whether its tic tacs, Chewing gum, Humbugs or softmints

-:- I always have to chew things (inside of my cheek, Lip, sides of my fingers, plastic rings from bottles etc)

-:- When I get confused I tilt my head and ''Nyu?'', When Im happy I ''Nya~''

-:- Since I have laminate wood flooring it is a nessesisty for me to slide across it to get anywhere in my room

-:- When I sleep I have to first lay on my right, then my left, then right, then on my back and the again on my right before I can fall asleep

-:- I make weird and random noise when I feel like its to quiet (I hate silence)

-:- When I'm nervous/scared I will start talking about random crap that is completely off topic

-:- I zone out into my own little world way to much and people say it looks like im depressed and close to tears when I day dream

-:- I always have to twiddle my hair at some point in the day

I probably have more but I cant think at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:48:14 PM by Danta Bloodrayne »
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »
I understand what you mean... sort of. I have a slight case of Asperger's Syndrome.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.