The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Red Seas (OOC)  (Read 12752 times)

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
Re: Red Seas (OOC)
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2012, 03:15:47 AM »
im going to be gone till next tuesday.. sorry i have to get up at 6 am and wont get home till 10 ir so in the evening untill tuesday. not very much time to get online.. and kitt, if Wolf ok's it it should be fine. ^_^
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2012, 03:39:35 AM »
If you wish to join, Bio must include:

Name:

Species:

Clothes/Appearence:

Weapons: [Max of two for mages, four for non mages.]

Magic: [Optinal, only one school of magic is allowed per person. However, any school of magic is allowed, except for blood magic, as it is an extinct art]

Skills: (Things your good at)

Shortcomings/ weaknesses: (Things you cannot do or are bad at. At least one is required)

Brief Story: (Optinal)

Other:

A few basic rules:

1. No God moding
2. No power killing, Make fights last abit
3. No flawless characters, you can be skillfull, but coming out untouched/ unharmed from every fight, never being tricked, Never loosing a fight, ect. These all get old fast. Try to be more realistic
4. No devine blessings or immortality.
5. No killing off Characters you don't own, unless an arrangment has been made via PM
6. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13 and tasteful.
7. No controlling other characters, unless given permission by that Character's owner.
8. Guns allowed, but only to the extent of muskets and such. Like Pirate times
Basically the standard RP rules apply. Other than that, have fun and steer the RP any way you want!  :)

Well, we were full, but since most of our RP'ers stopped posting, I'd say there is pleanty of space for you  ^_^  Just be sure to post a detailed Character Bio following these guidelines. Also be sure to follow the rules  X3  Other than that, feel free to jump in any time you wish!  :D  (Your lucky, as we are JUST NOW getting to the part of the RP that includes airships  XD  The rest was all building up to it. Also, if you require assistance in finding a place to jump in, feel free to PM me and I will happily find you one  :) )

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2012, 03:53:42 AM »
Hi Kitt. I'm in this one too.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
Name: Katka Yantova

Species: Wildcat

Appearance: Grey fur with white fur on her stomach and chest. She is 5' 2" and generally stocky; chubby with weight in her hips. Her dark hair is generally tied back into two pigtails over each shoulder.

Clothes: Her clothing consists primarily of a tan-coloured trenchcoat that falls to just below her knees. The coat is worn and weathered, with numerous scorch and burn marks, testimony to her profession. Around her waist a thick leather belt holds the coat half-closed. The belt holds numerous pouches, bags and catches with which to carry the various items of a Metalmancer.

Below the trenchcoat Katka wears thin charcoal-grey breeches, the kind that laces up the sides, and a pair of rugged boots. A white linen shirt, partly laced up at the front finishes the ensemble, as well as a red neckerchief tied around her neck. Finally she wears a gold-wrought pendant on a chain around her neck, the symbol of a Metalmancer.

Weapons: A repeating black-powder pistol with a three-shot revolving magazine. Also, if the situation requires it, the heavy wrench she carries (about as long as her forearm) can make a brutal but inelegant weapon.

Magic: Metallurgy, the school of metal and alchemy.

The mages of this school go by many names to the rank and file of airship crews. From Metalmancer to Alchemical Mage, Metalurgist and Techmancer, all are one and the same, and all are shown a general feeling of distrust and caution. Despite this distrust, Metalmancers are highly sought after for the mechanics of steamboats, airships, and near any other workplace that involves steam-tech.

The magic is limited to control over metals and alchemical compounds. As such, if given enough time and concentration, a practiced alchemical mage can alter and repair the inner workings of machinery, without the necessity of taking it apart. Although a school of magic ill-suited to combat, it is a foolish man who would attack a Metalmancer and consider his metal-plate armor to be protection, rather than a weapon in the hands of a Metalurgist.

Skills: Lockpicking, Mechanical knowledge, Trap arming and disarming, alchemy of various chemical compounds including black-powder.

Shortcomings: Incredibly reclusive and shy. This is a common shortcoming of most Metalmancers, who find themselves ill at ease when they must talk to other people, finding more enjoyment from their work and machinery. Also poor at fighting, despite the pistol she carries it is rarely used as she is not a violent person by nature.

Brief Story: Katka's story is indeed a brief one, which she rarely recounts to others. From a young age she was bought a place into the college of Metalmancy, a prestigious and demanding application. Since then she has never been afforded the luxury of visiting her parents, although it is possible she would no longer wish to after so much time has passed. As such she has spent her life until now working from place to place, wherever the shunned yet highly sought-after title of Metalmancer will grant her employment.

Other: The most distinguishing features of Katka however, are perhaps those that she tries to keep hidden. The practice of Metalmancy does not come without its problems, which manifest themselves the longer and deeper a person delves into the magic.

The most minor of these manifestations is of course the shyness and problems when conversing with other people. Next most obvious would be the irises of her eyes, which glint a deep golden colour. Perhaps the most tell-tale however is her hands and forearms, the silvery-grey fur of which has turned a shining gold.

This is not just a problem with the colour however, as the flesh beneath has bared the same fate, turning to the precious metal which she sought to control and shape. If you were to hold her hands, they would still feel soft and warm, as flexible as any other persons hands, but it is still a conspicuous enough effect that Katka wears gloves of tanned leather that reach almost to her elbows at all times.

(Okay, sorry Its long... But I do enjoy writing up character sheets, and sometimes get a little carried away with detail :P   Hopefully the School of Magic fits in with the setting of the RP, I tried to give a good description of it, along with its shortcomings and abilities. Please tell me if anything needs changing and I will do so immediately  :) )

Oh, and Hi Cif!  ^_^

• Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2012, 05:50:55 AM »
I LOVE IT!  ^_^ ^_^ ^_^  VERY nice Kitt! Creative and well thought out. Detailed and balenced. Usuable and lots of room for creativity and player growth. All around a very good RP character, well done!  :D  In short, I approve  :P  Feel free to jump on in as soon as you find the chance to do so  :)  Also, love the use of metallurgy! Never seen that illusive school of magic in an RP  B)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
Awesome  ^_^   And thanks about the Metallurgy... A school of magic that is my personal fave, despite how little it is used/known  :P

Also, could someone give a brief run-down of where everyone is at? I read a short brief I think two pages back in this thread (I cant quote it for some reason, it keeps messing up my post  >:( ) are you guys where that finishes off or is there more that I need to know?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:23:06 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
Well, Kaya and I's characters are on the Isle of Vita, and pretty much everyoune else is either dead or captured by the Bloodied or trapped.

And then there's you and Rachel, who fall in none of these catagories.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2012, 04:49:26 AM »
Kinda sad how short it was...  XD

And yes, my bat is sorta... AWOL.  I have to rethink her position...
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »
Sorry. I'm a crat of few words.  :P

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »

Wolf gave me free reign over this bit... so  ^_^

Name: The Green Dragon
Class: Light Airship
Crew: 12 + First Mate + Engineer + Captain (15 overall)
Weaponry: Three 6 pounder cannons; one to the front, port and starboard

The Green Dragon is a small airship owned by the Captain, Don. It is an old and dilapidated example of an airship, said by some to be the first one created. The majority of the weight it held aloft by the zeppelin dirigible, the cloth of which it is made is enchanted so that the air it contains is lighter than helium.

Thrust provided to move the airship is produced by an ancient piece of technology that sits in the center of the ships cargo hold. This bronze machine connects to plates of thin gold that layer the inside of the hull of the ship, helping keep the ship aloft as well as allow it to cruise through the air at a reasonable speed.

The ancient bronze generator is powered by a steam engine, belching smoke as it spins the machines internal workings. The only people able to maintain and repair this machine are those who practice the arts of Metallurgy. As such, the crew of the Green Dragon Hired Katka a little over a week ago. It was a desperate last measure, as over the years the ship has been slowly falling apart, the future of this little airship hinging upon Katka's magic.

(Yes, that is the airship from Stardust  :P , anyhow, that is the ship and how Katka came to be aboard)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:22:19 PM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »
Cool. Where will it go?

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »
Its the airship you guys started on, the one piloted by the unicorn captain, Don... It was Wolf's idea to have me start there as the co-pilot/engineer. And he said I could go ahead and come up with the details of the airship  ^_^

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2012, 03:20:23 AM »
And you did a wonderful job! Great work Kitt, I love it!  :D  I see no problems here with the design, and you were very creative about it. I approve  :)

And to answer your question Cif, It goes where ever you guys want it to!  :P  (It's the airship we will be riding for the bulk of the RP)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:07 AM »
O_O
We're halfway through it, I thought...

Jeez...

Might be adding a second character, not sure yet...

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2012, 04:29:40 AM »
Something came to mind.  What does the world itself look like?  I can draw a fairly understandable map, but it'd be easier with one to reference.  Should I make one?
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.