The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12141 times)

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Blue, and White fur
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Athletic and Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Enjoying Summer
Re: State of Mind
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2012, 07:10:56 AM »
Jo slowed as he burst into the clearing on his horse, staring in surprise at the sudden group of anthros gathered. He could only pause for a moment though before the wolf's words once again cut through his thoughts. He refocused and galloped forward alongside the swift being, not sure exactly what they were running from, but sure he wanted to live, no matter what.

What had he gotten himself into...
"Life is a party, don't just stand by the punchbowl." ~JFH

Xbox Live
| PS3 | Steam | Twitter | Gaming Furever

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »
Suzumi glared at Spurney once more but wasnt able to  say a word as that scene of her friend flashed through her mind, she looked down and just kept walking behind them without a word.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
-Suzumi-

<time lapse filled with nothing important> The pair walked down the road for a few hours, idling chatting about weather and food. As noon came and passed, they started to curve off of the road and into the woods. "The village is just a few miles this way..."

--- --- ---

-Everyone else-

Leiton continued running, with Deirx and Mawz close behind. They soon passed by Chris and the rest of his team. With nothing more than a curt nod, Chris immediately shouted orders.
"Alright everyone, head for the rendezvous! Once we get to the road, get across as fast as you can. We don't need anyone getting caught again." Leiton was well out ahead, still moving faster than he should have been.
Jojo's horse had trouble getting through the dense foliage of the woods, swerving around trees dangerously in their mad dash.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »
Jayce sprinted forward, running right up a tree and jumping from branch to branch. "So much faster than running," he said.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
Grant had no trouble keeping pace with the rest of the runners. It looked as though they were finally close to safety. After all that had happened, Grant was eager to be safe once more from the clutches of the guard. Being caught would surely lead to his death so following these people was his best chance of escape.

Grant took a quick glance at the rest of the runners. A sizable group of people had joined in with them. What exactly was Grant making himself a part of? He supposed that question would have to wait. Reaching the rendezvous point was the goal for now.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
Suzumi quietly folllowed them and noticed  that they were starteing to leave the road. "Isnt there a road to this village?" The faint urge was growing weaker the closer they got to the village, barely visible swirls of sand were wraped around her tail and feet. "Its so calm here" she thought to herself.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
Jo's ears were swiveling around everywhere as he focused intently on making his way through the woods, tucked down and helping his horse navigate the treacherous wooded path to the road. He could hear a variety of dashing footsteps behind him and above him as the group followed the unknown trio in front of him.

He could still hear the faint noise of engines on the road far off, and hoped they could make the road up ahead before the vehicles following them did. He started to wonder if maybe he should have stayed at home as the pounding of hooves on the ground echoed in his ears.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:40:50 PM by JoJoJoshua »

Xbox Live

Offline Leiton

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »
((Sorry about the hiatus. I've been a bit busy the past few nights. Also, yes, please delete the above three posts you two :P
There are in fact cars, as I mentioned in the very first post about the class system.))

-Suzumi-

Clarissa turned and answered as she walked through the woods. "Of course not, hun. If there was a road to it, everybody would know where it was."
The woods grew more and more dense as they went through. It was odd... The faint pressure on her mind seemed to be pushing her forward and down. It seemed as if they were going nowhere. They walked for a good hour before Spurney and Clarissa stopped.
"Gotta find that blasted entrance..." Spurney and his wife began looking around at the trees, as if searching for something.

--- --- ---

-Everyone Else-

The group ran quickly through the woods. The vehicles couldn't be heard or seen behind them, but they pressed forward. Due to the denseness of the trees, they could only tell they were anywhere near the road when Leiton and the other leads broke out of the woods. The road was just a dusty stretch of dirt and splotches of grass that extended to either side of them. There didn't seem to be anyone behind them, and the vehicles weren't anywhere to be seen, or heard. Chris and his group were silent the entire way as they crossed the road and entered the woods on the other side.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2012, 04:31:42 AM »
((You're fine, Leiton! We all get busy sometime  ^_^ ))

As the group broke through to the road, Grant noticed that the sound of their pursuers had disappeared. Were they still being followed? Was this just some trap? Grant had little time to contemplate this, however, as the group started to rush towards the forest on the other side of the road. Why where they still running? Perhaps it was best to just go with the flow.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
Jayce shivered from up in the trees. "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2012, 11:49:11 AM »
Suzumi looked around as the other two seemed to be looking for something,walking to a tree she placed her hand against the bark,tracing her fingers down towards a small hole. "What are we looking for?" She asked.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2012, 07:11:55 PM »
Upon reaching the dirt road, Jo stopped for a moment before following the group..

Did he want to continue following them? He could take off down this road and potentially out of danger, away from the rag-tag group of anthros he had suddenly encountered...

Deep down though, his heart pulled him forward, his horse instinctively starting the journey as his soon as his mind did. The fox and horse trotted over the road and back into the brush, keeping right on the tail of the wolf.

Xbox Live

Offline Leiton

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2012, 06:53:19 AM »
((sorry again guys, it's been pretty busy getting settled down and doing all of the stuff over here, and I keep forgetting :<))

-Suzumi-

Spurney kept looking around, checking through the trees. Clarissa instead turned to her and answered, "There's an entrance to the village around here somewhere, but without an earth-elementalist, it's kind of hard to find..."

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Everyone crossed the road, except for Jayce, who was still in the tree, and Cami, who was lagging behind. Just as the rest of the group disappeared into the opposite undergrowth, a flying vehicle appeared over the trees, completely silent and not making any wind. It curved around to land in the road. The large, almost bus-like vehicle's door opened, and out poured twelve Guards, clad in their red uniforms. They formed three lines and waited for the last passenger to get out. It was Jasper, clad in black armor that should have been too heavy for the short squirrel to walk in. He motioned for the woods, and the men began running after the main group, oblivious to Jayce and Cami's presence.

--- --- ---

-Jojo and Sigcutio-

The woods were even thicker on this side of the road, and seemed to get thicker as the group ran. It was almost unnatural, the way the tree-limbs were inter-twining and mixing.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2012, 08:20:42 AM »
((It's fine, Leiton. We know you can get busy ))

As Grant continued to follow the group through the woods, he could not help himself from growing concerned with the environment. Something about the dense forest felt off to him, but he could not peg why. It almost reminded him of the instance he had been pulled into with Deirx. Was another one of those demons going to appear? Just the thought of the crushing gravity he summoned fighting the demon started to slow his pace as if he were once more being smashed by his own power.

Grant immediately turned his attention to the other runners and felt himself easily crossing the ground as he did before. As he eased back into the group, Grant's questions of where they were going and why he was following these strangers once again began to pop into his head. He was getting tired of not knowing what was going on so Grant finally decided to voice his concern.

"Does anyone know where we are going?!" Grant shouted.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »
(No worries)

Suzumi kept tracing her hand over the tree, somehow drawn to it.  "I think its this one" she quietly said.
Reaching forward she rushed against the endentation she felt on it earlier.