The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12139 times)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: State of Mind
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:52 AM »
Jayce saw the group of anthros heading towards the jail entrance. He walked over to them casually.
"Nice night, huh?" he said nonchalantly.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:50:06 AM »
Chris merely nodded and put his paw on the handle. It appeared as if the door was unlocked, as he just turned it and openned the door. He entered quietly, followed closely by Jasmine and Cail.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 03:54:01 AM »
Jayce followed them in, being totally discreet.
"Let's see what you're doing," he said to himself, pulling his stealth mask over his head.
(The mask helps to preserve his alibi.)
(Leiton, just a note... I have a slight advantage on my side because I don't rely on my power, so no one would expect a fight.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:20:17 AM by Cifero F. Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Leiton

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:51 AM »
((And you think these people do (Well, besides Cail...)? You don't know Chris... There's a reason he's one of my favorite characters...  ;)
Plus, who said anything about a fight?
What's more...
The Guard's are exceptionally skilled, and there are very few that rely on their mystic abilities. Most are straight up fighters.))

The group headed for the back, where the main jail cells were. Chris nodded at Jasmine. Right before Jayce's eyes, the three members of BLACK disappeared.
--- --- ---
The three of them headed for the hall of jail cells, invisible to all - thanks to Jasmine's exceptional abilities in bending light. There was one single Guard sitting in a chair, and he almost seemed to be falling asleep. It wasn't even that late...
These people have grown to comfortable... Chris thought as he touched one of the metal bars. A single sliver of metal came off, trailing behind his finger. He flicked it, and the Guard fell out of his chair, his jugular bleeding out. Chris ran up and caught the Guard as he fell and laid him down quietly.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 04:25:20 AM »
Jayce watched the murder.
"Hey!" he whispered. "You didn't have to kill him!"
Suddenly, he noticed that in the cell next to him, the fox girl and the mouse were staring at him.
"Oh... hi," he said. "Don't worry, I'll get you guys out."

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:15 AM »
((Just gonna have Grant wait this one out; it wouldn't make sense for him to randomly charge off into the forest to find you guys  XD ))

As Grant stood outside the cozy home, the forest continued to enchant him with its dark and mysterious shadows. The branches almost seemed to be beckoning him within. He knew better, however.

As the night grew darker and the moon began to rise above the trees, Grant thought he heard someone calling to him from the forest, but it was foolish to try and pursue it. He was safe here; to throw that away could cost him his life.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
((Sorry Sig. After the fireworks, feel free to jump in any time ^_^ ))

Chris didn't say anything as he walked over to the metal bars and put his paws between them. With seemingly no effort, he pushed them aside, creating a massive hole large enough for even the bear, who was in the back whispering to the young fox.
The mouse was staring past Jayce intently, and walked out right past him. Chris knocked on the cement cell, and he immediately became visible, though Jasmine and Cail were still invisible. The mouse was staring right at the entrance, never taking his eyes off of something.
Chris started to help the cubi out, but she just gave him a blank stare and walked out herself. Just then, there was a loud banging as somebody fell by the door.
Jasmine was sprawled on the ground, as was the black wolf who had just ran into her.
The black wolf leapt up and looked between all of them. The mouse ran up to him and grabbed his arm.
"Mawz, are you alright?" The wolf asked the mouse, though his gaze was on the dead Guard and the other prisoners that were escaping.
Jasmine got up and brushed herself off. "If you weren't - "
Chris interrupted her. "We don't have time for this. Let's go." The bear and the fox finally got out and followed the cubi. The young fox was being careful to stay away from the ever-increasing blood pool.

Offline Cami The Platypus

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Have some peanuts!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Moric Platypus
  • Coloring: Pure Black fur.
  • Height: one foot
  • Weight: 63 pounds
  • Build: Average but fierce
  • Currently: MineCrafting. YAYYYYY!!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »
(Yeah same here)
  • Avatar by: google images :D. looking for someone that can make my fursona.
  • Signature art by: Grisli :D. using artwork from google images.
I am a Moric Platypus. My dark color was formed by a dragon of black magic and fire. It burned down my lodge and left me in the ash to suffocate.three hours later the dragon came back and rescued me. But by the time he came the ash already had transformed me into a Moric Platypus (Moric means dark skin). Until this day I keep the dragon as a pet to repay him for the favor he did me. He has told me his name is SiiLic.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 12:48:27 AM »
(Fireworks?)
 :3
(Whatever do you mean by that, he he he?)

Offline Leiton

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 12:57:45 AM »
((Waiting on you, Cif...))

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »
"Alright," Jayce said. He followed the others as they began to leave.
However, just as they were almost out... he sensed something.
"I have a bad feeling about this," the cat said, absentmindedly placing a hand on the hilt of his dagger.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 03:55:42 AM »
The black wolf and mouse walked out, followed by the cubi, the fox, and the bear. Jasmine looked back at Chris, who merely nodded towards the door. They all walked out behind them. The back door was open, but there wasn't anyone there. The prisoners stopped while the wolf peeked out the door.
Chris walked up to him and stared him down. "What makes you think you can walk out of here, just like that?"
The wolf turned back to him and smiled. "Because I know my way around here better than anyone from BLACK ever could. Now, then. The Guard will be crossing the main road in about five minutes, and the replacement watch will find the body you left even sooner than that, so we had best be going."
Chris growled softly, but followed him out the door. Something didn't seem right... There were sounds of bustling in the street near-by.
Jenny ran up to them from around the corner. After stopping to catch her breath, she nodded at Chris and announced, "We've got a problem. I just overheard a member of Grey when they were packing. BLACK is attacking the city."
Chris's face went pale. There wasn't supposed to be an attack... Not tonight, anyway...
Either Grey was being mis-informed, or he was. Either way, he wasn't going to stick around and find out.
And apparently, neither was the black wolf. Followed by the other prisoners, he had set off in the direction that the BLACK squad had entered the city.
Chris set off after him, the rest of the squad right behind.

--- --- ---
-Sigcutio-

A pigeon flew towards the house and landed near the window. Frederick comes outside and detaches a small note from its leg. His face goes pale as he looks back up to you.
"Get your things. You should get out of here. We don't have much time." He runs back inside and you hear yelling as he wakes up Sarah and Crystal.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »
Jayce watched them start to run.
"Good luck!" he yelled, starting to walk away. He stopped five paces from where he started and thought again about those prisoners... and that brave young mouse...
"Eh, who am I kidding, I'm going with them to help," the crat muttered, turning around and following them discreetly.
(Crat: Cat-crow. Term coined by Wolf/Shadis.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:12:19 AM by Cifero F. Windtail »

Offline Leiton

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 04:09:08 AM »
((Don't throw in the Guards just yet. I promise, I have a fight already set up. I'm just waiting for Sig. There's only one way to get my character to get your group without Jasper trying to kill all of you (And he'd prolly succeed...). Just give it a few more posts, alright?  ;) ))

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »

((Sorry this took a bit  XD ))

Grant was startled by the sudden change in atmosphere. The serenity of the night had vanished and been replaced with a frantic rush to escape. Wasting no time with questions, Grant charged into the house and quickly collected all of his things. Having left with little but the clothes on his back, it did not take long for him to finish packing.

As he finished he pondered a moment what the letter had said that would cause such panic, but he did not dwell on it. Grant was a guest here and for several days  they had taken care of him. He owed them enough as it was already. The least he could do would be to show some sort of appreciation so he returned to the family room and caught Frederick as he was helping his daughter get ready.

"Thank you, sir," he said calmly, "you've done very much for me; is there anyway I can--?"

"Not now!" Frederick shot back in haste, "just go; quickly!"

Frederick then dashed away to check on his wife. Grant did not need another hint. Tightening the strap for his sword around his waist, Grant dashed out of the house and into the night.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D