The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12137 times)

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
Re: State of Mind
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2012, 12:21:43 AM »
Taking a step back Suzumi glanced down at the ground, she knew that it was her power that caused it to move but she didn't do anything, looking back at the guard struggling up onto his feet she ducked down and slammed into him shoulders impacting his abdomen end sending them both a few feet back. Her grasp on teh dagger still firm but her hand was shaking a little. " I, I cant kill him, he hasn't done anything wrong" she whispered to herself.
Looking down him she was being torn between her memories and what was happening around her.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Blue, and White fur
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Athletic and Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Enjoying Summer
« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2012, 08:51:19 PM »
The sudden influx of water did indeed surprise Jo, as he was knocked back, yelping in discomfort as the shock of electricity shot through him, paralyzing him for a moment as his fur tingled. "Grrf! G-guess he's an electric ursine...my luck...water and electricity."

He watched as the bear and the guard clashed, shaking off the shock as he glanced around at his surroundings...

The fiery fox analyzed his current chosen fight swiftly, his quick instincts finally getting put to good use, noting that the guard's water attack hadn't really affected the electric bear, and that the guard would probably stand a good chance against any sort of heat the fox could deliver. With this in mind he moved his attention elsewhere...

He could see a female reptile hovering over a guard, seeming to have control of the situation and about to deliver the killing blow, so he moved on, eyes darting over to another pair as his nose caught the familiar scent of burning fur he had so often smelled in his past escapades.

The sense of struggle was present all around the group, but an air of panic emanated from the wounded guard and German Shepard struggling with a sword. He watched the flaming paw as it singed the dog, surely aiming to do more soon. Sensing a worthy foe and someone in need, the vulpine dashed over, focusing on the ground under the stabbed guard's tail. As he ran over he lifted his paw up quickly and set the leafy ground under the on fire, sending up a burst of flames and hoping that was enough to break the guard's focus long enough for the German Shepard to take control. He called up simultaneously to the Shepard while trying to assist, "G-Shep, move and help!"
"Life is a party, don't just stand by the punchbowl." ~JFH

Xbox Live
| PS3 | Steam | Twitter | Gaming Furever

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »
As the guard's arm drew near, Grant could hear the sound of a spark just below them. Distracted, the guard moved his arm away.

"G-Shep, move and help!"

Salvation! The guard's tail had been ignited by a fox's intervention giving Grant just the opportunity he needed. Grant recognized the fox as the same one that was riding a horse just before. He would have to thank this fox later, but for now he gave a subtle nod and wrenched the blade from the guard's grasp. With a quick thrust to the guard's chest, Grant returned the blade to its owner who was not so happy to have it back. A red spray hit Grant, but he failed to notice.
All that was on his mind was "fight" and adrenaline fueled his surge back into the melee.

Now that Grant was back on his footpaws, he felt comfortable once more with the level of gravity around him. Moving quickly, Grant drew his own sword that he had not had the time to grab, along with a knife from the belt strapped around his chest. Grant growled as he tossed the knife at a guard about to attack the fox who had saved him.  Deciding it was best to stick together, Grant charged to the fox's side.

"You had my back so I've got yours," Grant spoke quickly to the fox as he kept his eyes on the remaining guards.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:18:03 PM by Sigcutio »
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »
-Suzumi-

The Guard cringed at the impact, falling backward. He looked up at her with fear in his eyes as she readied her dagger. Suzumi hesitated, and the Guard took advantage. He drew in his feet and kicked her away from himself. Scrambling backwards a few paces, he quickly stood, on arm over his abdomen in pain, the other lifted in the air at her. Parts of his armor broke off and hurtled toward Suzumi, the deadly points flashing through the air. Again, Suzumi felt her own energy spurning on the magic as the ground below her lowered a foot, taking her off balance, but saving her from the deadly points that passed by harmless overhead and buried themselves in a tree.

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Jasper looked up him and scowled, but did not stop as he continued to walk into the woods. Just as soon as he entered the darker woods, he called, "I'm after Leiton, not you. Now, get lost before I get irritated." The air around him shimmered, as if the sunlight was reflecting off of the air around him.

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio and Jojo-

Around them, several of the Guard were laying around, dead. There seemed to be only six left alive. One was fighting Theragorm, another fighting Joan, another getting double-teamed by Jenny and Henry, and another fighting the lizard. The last growled as the knife struck him, but through up a fist and opened it. Directly in front of Grant and Jo, a bright flash of light erupted, blinding them. He started to attack again, but you both hear a strangled gurgle from his direction. When your vision returns in a few moments, though still painful, you can see a small metal bar sticking out the front of the Guard's throat. He falls over, dead, with Chris's derisive sneer right behind him. He nods to the both of you and runs off toward Joan, who seemed to be struggling against the electric-elementalist she was pitted against. She was just barely dodging his attacks, and when she retaliated with magic or her knife, he either blasted his way through it or dodged it completely. Theragorm seemed to not be having any problems with his adversary, his massive sword hammering down on the Guard's now-chipped blade. The female lizard  had just been kicked, but managed to duck under the daggers flying overhead. Jenny and Henry were quickly dispatching their foe while Jasmine, the rabbit, and the fox gathered their packs that the fox had been carrying.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »
"Well, if you're looking for leiton," Jayce said, "you're going the wrong way." He pointed in a direction that led away from the group. "He's planning on looping back that way and cutting you folks off."
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2012, 03:05:20 AM »
((Let me know if I take it to far))

Inhaling sharply as the guards foot contacted her stomach Suzmi could feel herself pushed a few feet back from the force, grasping her stomach in pain she looked up at him, before being able to react properly he had sent razer sharp shards of metal flying towards her, instinctively she focused and the ground under her suddenly dropped just enough to avoid the metal now impacting the tree behind her. "If I don't stop him he is going to kill me...just like they killed him".

Feeling her own anger starting to whell up inside her Suzumi slammed her right hand into the ground, a small area turning into sand and warping itself around her arm.She once again rushed at her opponent her small lithe body moving forward quickly despite her stomach still burning from the force of his kick. Ducking down as low as she could as he swung his blade at her again.

"Im sorry" she whispered to herself as she slammed her sand covered paw against his neck, her claws leaving scratch marks, the sand wrapping around his neck, slowly tightening its grip,but even this was draining her much faster than she was used to.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:59:02 AM by Suzumibachii »

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »
The fox followed the knife that flew past him, relieved that canine had such an accurate arm.

"Anytime, and thanks for that, heh." Jo smirked and nodded toward the knifed guard, but just as soon as he had readied himself beside his new comrade, he was suddenly surrounded by a searing white light.

The fox winced and covered his face, not having any time to react as his vision failed him. Luckily, the expected feeling of being sliced open never came, and relief flowed over him at the blurry sight of the persistent guard falling to the ground, dead.

After a quick sigh and recuperating from the surge of his heart racing, the vulpine decided to give Jasmine, the rabbit, and the fellow fox some defense as they packed and started to leave, just in case there were any stragglers. Whatever they were carrying had to be important, and Jo hoped the German Shepard would follow and help, waving over at him as he ran to the threesome.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:42:53 AM by JoJoJoshua »

Xbox Live

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
Catching Grant by surprise, the guard was able to recover from his knife. As he created a flash to blind him and his ally, Grant prepared himself for an attack, but was surprised when none came. As the flash faded away he noticed Chris nodding at them. The guard that had stood before them lay slain. Grant nodded back as Chris charged off into the fray.

Just then he realized the fox had charged off to assist a rabbit and a smaller fox with some equipment and was waving Grant down to help.

"I'm coming!" Grant called as he narrowly avoided a rogue spark from the guard Joan was pitted against. With a burst of energy, Grant launched himself toward his ally and managed to avoid more magic misfire. However, he felt his efforts beginning to wear on him. He needed to make the most of his last surge of power.

"We're here to help," Grant attempted to calmly explain as he slid to a halt next to the fox. Keeping a cautious eye on the action behind them, he continued. "We can protect you" Grant turned his gaze to his ally and gave him a quick nod. He was ready to help regardless of his growing fatigue. Grant knew he was beginning to push his limits, but when he was with the guard, pushing one's own limits may as well have been a virtue. As he thought this, Grant brushed a paw against his singed arm and attempted to cover it up with his sleeve. He could not show weakness; not now.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2012, 12:45:25 AM »
-Suzumi-

The Guard paled at the paw reaching around his neck. His swing had gone just a bit high, and he was paying for it. He could see the anger in Suzumi's eyes as the sand tightened around his neck, chocking him. Both of his paws instinctively jumped up to his neck as he fell back. He scratched and pulled at the sand. As his face went beet red, he began kicking and squirming vigorously, throwing one paw out to try and ruin Suzumi's concentration.

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Jasper smiled and continued walking, not even taking a second glance at Jayce. Another Guard walked out of the vehicle behind them, looking from the obscured figure of Jasper to Jayce in the tree. Finally, he shrugged and sat down, then took a rock from the grounded and began bouncing it on his palm.

--- --- ---

-Jojo and Sigcutio-

The rabbit and fox nodded as they approached. A female panda was with them, with a pack across her back. Just as they watched, she nodded and seemed to sink in the solid earth, disappearing from sight. Jasmine handed Jojo the final pack and growled, "Be careful with that. Don't do anything stupid."
The Guard around them all were either dead or dying. There were only two left. One was currently being choked by the female lizard, and the other was doing his best to run away, defending himself from the wrath of Henry and Jenny.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2012, 12:59:54 AM »
Suzumi could feel the guard squirming under her drip as the sand continued to tighten around his neck, but now completely engulfed by her own anger she couldn't stop herself. Her heart was racing as a few tears dropped from her eyes as she taxed her body even more, the sand now at a point where it could start crushing the guards trachea. Suddenly his waving hand distracted her enough to break her focus the sand dropping down to the ground, her body collapsing with it.

Reaching back and drawing both dagger she crawled over to him, using all her strength she slams both daggers into his forearms "Try using them now" her voice raspy as she struggles up to her feet again, hearing the sounds of battle dieing down around her.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:39:12 PM by Suzumibachii »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #175 on: June 02, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »
"Shite," Jayce said under his breath. Suddenly, a thought occured to him. He glanced back at the vehicle and the distracted guard. Worth a shot, he said in his mind, swiftly and silently moving through the trees towards the transport.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2012, 04:06:47 AM »
The remaining guards were scattered and demoralized. For now, they were safe. Grant gave a sigh of relief and his rush of power began to dissipate, leaving him drained. A sharp pulse from Grant's arm came with the realization that he had been burned. He brushed his paw over it again and felt a tender sensation that made him feel as though he had just jammed a knife into it. He winced and was thankful the red patch was small.

As Jojo was entrusted with carrying the pack, Grant wondered what was left for him here. Following these people had nearly killed him, but they had also saved his life. Perhaps he would stay with them a bit longer.

"I will make sure he carries that pack safely," Grant replied to Jasmine's rough command. After helping save his life, Grant trusted Jojo and sticking with him seemed to be the best option for now.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »
JoJo nodded back at Jasmine, his expression one of exasperation and determination, taking the pack and putting it over his back, making sure it was secure. The fox checked his surroundings, making sure every guard was accounted for before continuing on, his heart still beating quickly as the action subsided.

He looked over at his canine compadre as he started following the group, smiling for a moment in greeting, "My name's JoJo. Nice making your acquaintance, bud." He knew they couldn't stop for now, but felt this was as good a time as any to introduce himself. Jo figured that he had already gone past the point of no return now, and that maybe, just maybe, this was where his heart had led him.

Xbox Live

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
Jayce landed softly and silently behind the transport and looked inside. There were no other visible guards. However, he snuck around to the side, waiting to see if any more came out.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2012, 10:05:39 PM »
With everything under control, Grant and the fox set out to keep the pack safe. As they walked along the fox introduced himself, which reminded Grant that they had not officially met yet.

"I'm Grant," he replied. "Thanks for your help back there... I don't think I would have made it otherwise..."

As his body was beginning to calm down, the gravity of the situation he was just in began to cross his mind. It had been a fight for his life. He looked down at his footpaws and suddenly realized the red liquid flecked on his paws. Was that from him or someone else?

Grant shuddered and focused his gaze ahead of him. He didn't want to dwell long on what he had just been through.