The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12130 times)

Offline Leiton

Re: State of Mind
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2012, 02:54:52 AM »
-Cifero-

The vehicle continued to hum, but dropped back to the ground. The Guard laughed at Jayce. "Ha! You think you can run this hunk o' metal? Good luck with that one, cat!" He spat again at the seated cat.
Even with Jayce's energy, the vehicle remained in place. It was just too heavy for the inexperienced elementalist to even budge.

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

The panda began tapping variously on the screen, which now had Suzumi's face on it.
"The Guard's system. Everyone of importance is listed. All of the Guard, all of the exiles, and all of the upper class. You, however, seem to be none of those, yet here you are, outside the cities." She looked up at Clarissa and Spurney. "You two, however, are free to continue into the village. I hope you enjoy your stay."
Clarissa put her paw on Suzumi's shoulder. "You'll be okay, hun. This is as much for your benefit as it is theirs. We're heading to the inn. We'll try to get a room with an extra bed for you, alright?"
The panda ignored them and looked down at Suzumi. "What is your name and element?"

--- --- ---

-Jojo and Sigcutio-

The labrador nodded and smiled. "My name's Alex. This way you two..." His voiced trailed as he turned around and walked quickly through the door into the hall. The earthen tunnel was only large enough for two to stand beside each other, and dimly lit with torches. I sloped downwards for a bit, and finally led to another door.  He winked and opened the door in front of him.
The had gone farther down than they could have imagined. They were underground, with a ceiling a few hundred feet tall. The large, underground dome was filled with buildings made of various types of stone and rock. It stretched farther forward than they could see. The buildings only seemed to get larger as the neared the center of the massive dome. And finally, in the center, they could see what looked like a huge, earthen cathedral rising up and up, finally connecting with the ceiling. There was a surprising amount of light to light up the place. All of the buildings were brightly lit on the inside, and seemed to be busy. People lined the stone streets. Elements were being used in public. A little kit spinning a rock around his paw, a young cub molding the ground into a sandcastle large enough to fit himself in, and countless others using primarily the earthen element. There were others, however. A woman was drawing water out of the earth and pooling it into a pot, and another fiddling with a large light fixture, visible sparks popping around his paws. There were countless people just from their viewpoint. Chris and his group were headed up straight up the main road, towards the cathedral. The village seemed more like a smaller city. It didn't even smell like dirt. If it weren't for the fact that they were surrounded by the earth casing, this place could easily be mistaken for a normal city like Fnorgan or Grex.
The lab waited a moment for them to take it all in before turning to them. "It's something, ain't it? And you haven't seen the temple yet... First let's get you a room at one of the inns, though." He began walking down the walkway to the bustling main road.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Blue, and White fur
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Athletic and Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Enjoying Summer
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2012, 08:16:34 AM »
JoJo looked on with awe as they walked through the doors, padding slowly into a foreign world he could never have dreamed of before. His mouth hung open slightly as his eyes traveled from wonder to wonder, the mini-city having a calm and naturalness about it that the vulpine could appreciate more than the sprawling cities above the surface.

What made the sight more unbelievable though was the widespread use of elements, more prominently the earthen ones. Never before had suspected such feats were possible by so many. When he had imagined the villages in his head, they were much smaller and tribe-like, definitely nothing like the heaven he was witnessing now.

"W-wow..." He stumbled over his words, even tripping a bit over someone else's foot as he was distracted by a nearby young fox todd playing with dirt, molding it into shapes like a clay spinner would, but without having to touch it with his paws. "Heh, sorry.."

He followed behind the friendly Lab, not minding that he was happily observing their emotions. How could he not? This was something anyone would be awestruck upon seeing. "Yeah a bed would be nice...sleeping next to a horse can be less than pleasant sometimes. You understand."
"Life is a party, don't just stand by the punchbowl." ~JFH

Xbox Live
| PS3 | Steam | Twitter | Gaming Furever

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »
Suzumi nodded at Clarissa as they started to make their way to the inn, leaving her with the panda.

What is your name and element?

Suzumi went quiet for a moment then replied "Suzumi  Shimizu I am an earth elemental user,but i havent had much practice in it." Her gaze fixed at the panda who was tapping information into the screen, Suzumi's face showing a little worry.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:22:02 PM by Suzumibachii »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »
"Hmm..." He looked around at the controls... or lack thereof.. and then suddenly realized something. "So it takes many people to run this thing?" he said, looking at the guard.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:30:00 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2012, 12:07:24 AM »
(Sorry about making you guys wait so long!)

If Grant thought he was impressed before, he was sorely mistaken. After being led down a narrow hallway, Grant could feel anticipation fueling his excitement for what lay behind the door ahead of them. With a knowing wink, Alex the labrador slowly opened the door, revealing a giant chamber filled with buildings and people. It was an entire underground city! Grant couldn't believe his eyes and quietly mouthed his surprise.

Alex led his group down a road that seemed to branch out into dozens of smaller streets stretching throughout the city like the roots of a tree. Life surrounded Grant as people walked by, talked, made business, and played. He couldn't have imagined a place like this would ever exist. Magic was commonplace and not punished. He was not abnormal.

"W-wow..."

Jojo seemed to be just as amazed as he was. It was tough to contain the awe the city struck within a newcomer.

"It's something, ain't it? And you haven't seen the temple yet... First let's get you a room at one of the inns, though."

"Yeah a bed would be nice...sleeping next to a horse can be less than pleasant sometimes. You understand."

Grant chuckled and was about to comment when he remembered the scream behind him when they were all trying to runaway from the guards after Jojo let his horse free. Almost immediately he felt guilty and decided to keep his mouth shut. Keeping his sights on the other buildings, Grant followed Alex and Jojo to the inn.

• Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2012, 10:19:44 AM »
-Cifero-

The Guard laughed at him. "Are you dense? That's what I said! Now, if you don't-"
He was interrupted by the back door opening. The unmistakably familiar voice of Jasper called, and he sounded a bit tired. "Benton! Get this thing running! Those blasted escapees and Black squad killed most of our men!"
Benton smiled up at the cat. "Bout time..." he mumbled before turning to the back of the bus-like vehicle and shouting, "In here, now!"

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

The panda grinned softly and finished tapping in Suzumi's information, then set the scanner back in the pack. Her paw stayed on the scanner a moment, a troubled look flashing on her face for but a moment, then disappeared. She turned back to Suzumi and grinned. "Hehe it's alright, hun. If you'll follow me, I'll be taking you to the inn." She turned around and walked off to the exit, through the door, and down the hallway.

--- --- ---

-Jojo and Sigcutio-

He led the pair down the surprisingly well-lit street to the first building on the right. It was bustling, with people walking in and out left and right. This was the outskirts of the city, and it looked even better furnished than the inner circle of Fnorgan and Triss. He led them inside and walked up the the counter, where an older mouse was speaking with a much younger female mink.
The mink seemed a bit irritated as they approached. "Allan, I've told you a thousand times, don't talk to the customers! You scare them!"
The mouse simply nodded and smiled, then turned to the approaching group and said, "Hullo thar! Would you be intrishted in renting a roon in dis fabulous playsh?" His smile seemed sincere, though he didn't appear to be looking at anyone in particular.
The mink shook her head and shooed him through another door behind the desk and returned to them. "I'm terribly sorry about that... Now then. Would you like to rent a room? We've been a bit busy as of late, but there are still a few rooms left. If you wish, I could take you upstairs to see them."

--- --- ---

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
-Cifero-

The Guard laughed at him. "Are you dense? That's what I said! Now, if you don't-"
He was interrupted by the back door opening. The unmistakably familiar voice of Jasper called, and he sounded a bit tired. "Benton! Get this thing running! Those blasted escapees and Black squad killed most of our men!"
Benton smiled up at the cat. "Bout time..." he mumbled before turning to the back of the bus-like vehicle and shouting, "In here, now!"

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

The panda grinned softly and finished tapping in Suzumi's information, then set the scanner back in the pack. Her paw stayed on the scanner a moment, a troubled look flashing on her face for but a moment, then disappeared. She turned back to Suzumi and grinned. "Hehe it's alright, hun. If you'll follow me, I'll be taking you to the inn." She turned around and walked off to the exit, through the door, and down the hallway.

--- --- ---

-Jojo and Sigcutio-

He led the pair down the surprisingly well-lit street to the first building on the right. It was bustling, with people walking in and out left and right. This was the outskirts of the city, and it looked even better furnished than the inner circle of Fnorgan and Triss. He led them inside and walked up the the counter, where an older mouse was speaking with a much younger female mink.
The mink seemed a bit irritated as they approached. "Allan, I've told you a thousand times, don't talk to the customers! You scare them!"
The mouse simply nodded and smiled, then turned to the approaching group and said, "Hullo thar! Would you be intrishted in renting a roon in dis fabulous playsh?" His smile seemed sincere, though he didn't appear to be looking at anyone in particular.
The mink shook her head and shooed him through another door behind the desk and returned to them. "I'm terribly sorry about that... Now then. Would you like to rent a room? We've been a bit busy as of late, but there are still a few rooms left. If you wish, I could take you upstairs to see them."

--- --- ---
Jayce smiled. "Knew you were lying," he said, leaping out of his chair. "Thanks for the information, Benton. Pleasure working with you." Grabbing hold of Benton, Jayce dashed out of the vehicle, tossing Benton straight at Jasper and flipping over them to run into the wilderness, where he followed the scent of the others straight to the village.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:05:06 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Seeing the Panda's look of worry turn to a smile Suzumi breathed a soft sigh of relief not sure how people would react if they knew she was the daughter of a Guard.

Hehe it's alright, hun. If you'll follow me, I'll be taking you to the inn.

Quickly following the panda Suzumi couldn't help but look around at the buildings "This place is amazing, an entire city underground...."her voice trailed off as she looked up at the ceiling. "I thought places like this were only rumors"

Without thinking it though properly Suzumi blurted out "Is there anywhere I could learn to use my element better?"

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
The city's inner circle was very well furnished and its opulence was impressive. Grant was amazed, but suddenly he began to wonder how such wealth could be gathered for a village that is supposed to be hidden? Even some of the best districts in the cities could hardly compare to what he was seeing. Speaking of oddities, what exactly was in the packs that they had been given earlier? Grant decided he would ask Alex, but then the innkeepers began to introduce themselves.

"I'm terribly sorry about that... Now then. Would you like to rent a room? We've been a bit busy as of late, but there are still a few rooms left. If you wish, I could take you upstairs to see them."

Grant felt rather tired and sleeping in doors would certainly be nice.

"Of course," Grant replied stepping forward. He turned towards Alex and decided he would ask him about what was going on exactly after they had found their rooms.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »
Life was beginning to resume it's fast pace around him as awe started to lose out to the bustle of the city. He kept up behind the leader, padding along in stride with Grant, his new-found acquaintance. It was less harrowing facing fights alone, and it was comforting getting to feel like he wasn't the only one figuring out all that was being thrown into his reality.

When the group walked into the inn, the vulpine's ears swiveled around, blinking a few times as they caught the two in a little quarrel. He also found it a little embarrassing, walking into little displays of emotion. This one seemed innocent enough those, even if JoJo did think the older mouse's greeting was just plain adorable.

"I'm terribly sorry about that... Now then. Would you like to rent a room? We've been a bit busy as of late, but there are still a few rooms left. If you wish, I could take you upstairs to see them."

Busy lately? It seemed like this was the type of city that never rested.

"Of course." Grant affirmed his sentiment.

"We'd love to see a room." Jojo added, smiling at the Mink.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:16:19 PM by JoJoJoshua »

Xbox Live

Offline Leiton

« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
-Cifero-

As Jayce ran, he heard a whinny as he startled something. A horse curved through the trees, nearly running into him. Jayce recognized the horse as Jojo's horse, though the horse didn't not recognize Jayce, and continued running wildly through the trees, stamping on the body of a dead Guard. There was nobody there, and as the trees grew ever denser, it just looked like more woods. There was one compact area where any trail of the group seemed to stop.

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

The panda smiled and called back. "Of course, hun. All training is done at the temple. But first let's get you back with your family." She led her into the first inn that came up. It was big and bustling, with people everywhere. The main lobby was spacious and well-decorated, and off to the left past the stairs was a small dining hall. The mink behind the reception desk was speaking with the auburn fox and the german shepherd that had been in the group fighting the Guard. She led them upstairs, leaving the reception desk empty. Clarissa and Spurney were nowhere to be seen, however.
The door behind the reception desk opened slightly, and the head of an older mouse peeked out and looked left and right. He closed the door, then opened it again and slid out of the doorway. He seemed unnaturally spry and limber for somebody his age. He looked around from behind the desk, his eyes passing over them. His eyes locked with Suzumi's for a moment, and his lips twitched with the hint of a smile. He beckoned them forward and looked around. The panda turned and started to walk out the door.
"When you're done here, you should go to the temple, and we can see about your training."
The woman left, but the mouse continued, whispering, "Psst! You! Pssssst!"

--- --- ---

-Jojo and Sigcutio-

The female mink nodded and smiled. "Then, if you'll just follow me upstairs, I can show you the rooms. The first night staying is free, and any night past that is just a few gold a night." She continued talking as she led them upstairs. "If you don't have the gold to stay, then there's always work to do around the village." She continued up to the third story of the building. A woman ran past them down the stairs, carrying a basket of linens. A few kids were running through the halls, playing some game. She led them past a few rooms and pulled out her keys. She unlocked one of the doors and opened it, displaying the inside. It was a spacious room, with a nice-sized bed, drawers, closet, washroom, couch, nightstand, and a fancy lamp. It was all neat and organized, and nicely decorated with deep red curtains and a painting over the bed, depicting a fantastic landscape overlooking mountains that Jojo could recognize as those around Grex.
"All of our rooms are similar, though they have different color schemes. Do you two want separate rooms, or only one room?"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
"Hmm..." Jayce shrugged. "I'll just follow the horse." With those words, he ran in its direction.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
Suzumi tried hiding a frown as the Panda mentioned her family ignoring that statement she simply followed her to the inn, seeing the auburn fox and the german shepherd, she nodded in their direction not knowing if they even noticed her.

Surprised at the sudden appearance and agility of the mouse.

"When you're done here, you should go to the temple, and we can see about your training."

"Ill do that...." her voice trailed off as the panda left, her eyes moving to the mouse calling for her attention discretely. Walking close to him... "yes? Can i help you?"

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
Grant followed the mink as she showed them up to their room. On the way, Grant could not help but admire the interior. Just as much thought had been placed on the design within the hotel as it had been outside. It was not long until the mink unlocked the door to a beautiful room that was clearly designed for the upper class. Grant had to do a double take. Was this the room they were staying in?

"All of our rooms are similar, though they have different color schemes. Do you two want separate rooms, or only one room?"

Did it matter? This room looked like it could easily house many people by itself. Grant shrugged and turned to Jojo silently asking for his opinion on the matter.

"I'm not sure...would a single room save us money?" he asked turning back to the mink.

Offline JoJoJoshua

• Boisterous Bear
  • GamingFurever.com
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Gaming Furever
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »
Jo had never seen such a bustling and impressive inn before. As they traveled toward their room, Jo peeked into other ones, noticing the varied colors and pictures on the wall. He was noticeably pleased when they arrived at the preview room. The picture on the wall had his tail swishing back and forth happily, the mountains in the picture ones he had traversed before.

"Well, I don't know about you Grant, but I like this room. You know, it'd be sorta cool getting to talk to you and know ya more. I don't bite, I promise."

The fox grinned toothily and winked at the German Shepard, looking back at the mink, "You said it was only a few gold a night after the first, right? I think we can manage that. If not, I'm always willing to lend a helping paw."

Xbox Live