The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12140 times)

Offline Leiton

Re: State of Mind
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »
((No worries. I just woke up  XD ))

-Sigcutio-
The family finished packing quickly and ran out of the house, following behind Grant. Along the streets and among the rural houses, you see many families leaving their homes, heading for the main road out of Fnorgan. Frederick calls after him, "Grant! I need you to do something for me, okay?"
--- --- ---
-Cami-
As you are walking out in the woods, you hear talking up ahead in one of the clearings that is just outside the city.
((Sorry it took so long to get you really involved  :S ))
--- --- ---
-Cifero-
The group headed through the streets, trying to remain inconspicuous. There weren't quite as many families here who were getting prepared to leave, but they were there. What's worse, the Guard didn't seem to be anywhere in sight.
The black wolf muttered, "Something's not right here. We just got a message that BLACK is attacking the city, and the Guard isn't even here..."
They did not stop as they ran past one of the inns near the outskirts of the city. The black wolf stopped and turned to Chris. "I need to go check on something. You're part of BLACK, and since the woods are right there, you shouldn't really have anything to worry about." He eyed the crat who seemed to have joined their group. He could tell he wasn't part of BLACK, but was tagging along anyway.
Chris called out as the wolf started to run away, "Hey! How did-"
"Don't worry about it! Just get them somewhere safe. I'll meet you in about an hour. And Mawz, keep everyone out of trouble for me, eh?"
The young mouse laughed and strode out to toward the woods.
Jasmine turned to Chris and whispered, "Wait, did he say 'Mawz'?"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
Jayce glanced around as the others talked.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
As Grant ran through the forest he could hear the sound of footpaws behind him. Frederick's family was following him. He continued onward and eventually found himself getting closer to the road out of Fnorgan.

"Grant! I need you to do something for me, okay?" Frederick called.

Grant stopped his pace and turned to face the fox, "What do you need?" he replied.

He hoped he could help this family, but Grant had the feeling he needed to get out of Fnorgan as soon as possible.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Cami The Platypus

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Have some peanuts!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Moric Platypus
  • Coloring: Pure Black fur.
  • Height: one foot
  • Weight: 63 pounds
  • Build: Average but fierce
  • Currently: MineCrafting. YAYYYYY!!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 01:04:19 AM »
"Hmm... Time to get on with this pointless blackhole that we suffer in and make it meanful."

Post Merge: January 25, 2012, 01:05:37 AM
*Says Cami As He walks toward the voices*
  • Avatar by: google images :D. looking for someone that can make my fursona.
  • Signature art by: Grisli :D. using artwork from google images.
I am a Moric Platypus. My dark color was formed by a dragon of black magic and fire. It burned down my lodge and left me in the ash to suffocate.three hours later the dragon came back and rescued me. But by the time he came the ash already had transformed me into a Moric Platypus (Moric means dark skin). Until this day I keep the dragon as a pet to repay him for the favor he did me. He has told me his name is SiiLic.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 07:31:20 PM »
((Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately with school work  :/ ))

-Cami-

The voices stop as you begin to draw closer. You hear a shuffling ahead, a then a loud crash and two people cursing. Someone steps out behind a tree, brandishing a sword.
"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Frederick goes over to his wife and hugs her before turning back to Grant. "I need you to get my family out of the city. Leiton said he had something planned tonight, and I have the horrible feeling he didn't get his message about the attack." About a quarter mile away behind them, one of the market stands explodes.
Frederick turns, surprised, and curses. Another stand explodes near it, and several of the stands and stores are being set ablaze from the explosions.
"Crystal, you know where Leiton's house is, don't you?"
Crystal turned to him, her eyes filmed over. She nodded and held Sarah's hand tighter. Frederick gives her a kiss on the cheek before reassuring her. "I'll be alright. I'll just find Leiton, get him out of there, and meet you at his house." He leaned down and hugged Sarah. "Daddy's going to be leaving for a little while, okay? I'll be back before supper." He smiled at her as she looked up at him.
Frederick turned to Grant. "I trust you'll keep them safe? Leiton's house is a few hours away, and the forest is not kind to those who travel at night."

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

The group began walking quickly towards the woods. After a few seconds, they heard two explosions behind them, one right after the other.
"Sounds like it came from the market," Jenny said.
"So, there really is an attack..." Chris muttered as they continued into the woods. Henry stood waiting for them about a minute in. He ran up to them, eyeing the new faces. "Hey, I heard some explosions back there. Did you blow the place up?"
Chris continued walking as he answered. "No, we were sidetracked. Apparently, other sections of BLACK are attacking the city tonight. I was never told about this..."
They were headed for a clearing up ahead, when they heard voices followed by a crash. The group hurried ahead and saw what looked like a satellite being set up near a computer.
The fox at the computer looked over at them and muttered something before getting back to wiring the computer. The rabbit beside him was frantically checking to see if the satellite had been damaged.
"Hey, Conner." Chris called. The fox looked over at him, but didn't say anything. "I need you to get the info on our guests here. I want to know who they are."
The cubi gave him a glare and protested. "You know, if you wanted to know our names, you could just ask."
Chris said nothing as he went over to the rabbit and helped him set up the satellite.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:39:33 PM by Leiton »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »
Jayce walked over and nonchalantly sat down next to the four ex-prisoners.
"So what are your names?" he asked.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »

"I trust you'll keep them safe? Leiton's house is a few hours away, and I the forest is not kind to those who travel at night."

Grant nodded and watched in awkward silence as the family shared a moment together before Frederick ran off towards the chaos to find Leiton. Crystal wasted no time and immediately took control of the situation.

"Grant, I know exactly where the house is; just stay close and we should be able to make it just fine," Crystal tried to sound confident, but there was a hint of doubt.

"Don't worry," Grant reassured her, "nothing will harm either of you."

Nodding, Crystal grabbed her daughter's paw and led Grant back through the forest.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 10:53:15 PM »
((Well, Cami has yet to reply, and Cif's been muted... Guess we can post a few more, but all of our people are leaving  :S ))

-Cifero-

Chris walked over, carrying a pad with a see-through touch screen (High-tech stuff). He pointed it at everyone, capturing their faces with a scanner.
He took a step back and waited for the scanner to sift through thousands and thousands of pictures and names. Finally, he looked back at them and pointed to each individually.
First, the cubi. "Joan Swane. Element: Earth. Exiled just before the new king's reign after attacking a group of kids in the city. Since then, has remained living outside Fnorgan. Not dangerous." The cubi balked and started to protest, but Chris went on to the next.
"Theragorm Pugen." The bear. "Element: Unknown. Works in the industrial zone of Besmir, but was reported missing two months ago after not showing up for work. Not dangerous."
Next, the fox. "Deim Reif. Element: Unknown. Not working. Not dangerous."
Next, the mouse. Chris looked him over before reading out, "Mawz. Element: Unknown. Origin, unknown. Member of the Rogue Crew. Whereabouts, unknown. Extremely dangerous. Unless authorized, do not attempt to apprehend."
He walked back over to the table and set the pad down. "So." He looked finally to Jayce, who still had his mask on. "Are you going to continue wearing that mask out here, or will I be forced to take it off of you? Your choice."

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Frederick ran off, back toward the city as their group headed for the woods. Crystal led them to the woods, and entered. Not but a few hundred feet, though well-hidden, was a small, wooden house. The light was on inside.
"Sarah, honey. I need you to turn off that light, okay?" Sarah nodded and giggled. After a few seconds of her staring at the window, the light suddenly went off.
"Now, come on." She walked up to the front door and pulled a small dagger out of a well-concealed sheath.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:38:35 AM by Leiton »

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 01:10:17 AM »
"Now come on."

Grant nodded and followed close behind Crystal. He noticed Crystal reach for her dagger and followed her example by placing a paw on his hilt. He was curious as to what to expect, but he did not dare ask. Right now did not seem like the time for questions.

Hopefully Crystal was only taking precautions; fighting could expose them.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 12:50:09 AM »
Jayce stared right at Chris.
"I'd love to help you... but I'm not actually on any of your records," he said. "That's why I'm wearing the mask... I'd prefer to stay off of them. By the way, only I can take it off, and even if I did, you wouldn't get a match."

Offline Leiton

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 01:44:21 AM »
-Cifero-

Chris chuckled at him. "Heh. You have guts kid, but noone escapes from the list. Now, you can either take off the mask and be civilized, or I and my associates will be forced to deal with you. And I'm sure Mawz here wouldn't like you knowing where he is and what he looks like when he doesn't know you. Though, I'm sure he could find out faster than I could."

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

The door was thrown open, nearly hitting Crystal. At the door stood the arctic fox, Deirx. He held a pawfinger to his mouth and motioned for them to follow him inside. Crystal seemed almost relieved that he was there. She sheathed her knife and followed him inside.
On the kitchen table were four separate backpacks. Around them was a wide assortment of canned foods and other essentials. Deirx walked over to the table and picked up one of the packs, stuffing some of the last supplies into it. "I was going to wait for Leiton and Frederick, but we need to get out of here, and fast. I know where a group of BLACK is. They can protect us for now."
Crystal walked over and busily started doing the same. "Frederick went back for Leiton. He told us to wait for him here."
"He went back?!" Deirx cursed and grabbed another pack, filling it with supplies. Sarah just stood slightly behind her mother, staring at them. Crystal merely nodded and continued packing. Deirx finally looked back at Grant. "Have you seen or heard anything about this attack?"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 01:49:23 AM »
Jayce sighed.
"Okay... but hold on, I can't risk anyone evil knowing that I helped... it would endanger a friend of mine."
He glances around, but not a guard is in sight.
"Alright, I'll take it off now..."
Jayce removed the mask, shaking his hair so that it fell back into its normal position.
"Don't bother using that thing, my name's Jayce," he said. "I control Metal, and I'm considered to not be dangerous."

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:21:04 AM by Viola Longshield »

Offline Leiton

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »
((For now, I'm just going to control Cami, since he still hasn't responded, and I don't know if he will. If he doesn't come back within the next few days, I will either just send him off, out of the story, or kill him.))

Chris frowned and held up the scanner. After a few seconds, he read out, "Jayce Longstaff. Element: Metal. Exiled before the reign of the new king. Has been traveling with the merchant renegade, Zack Westing. Last seen in Fnorgan. Not dangerous."
He walked back and put the pad back on the table the small crew had set up. Just then, Henry stepped out of the woods. Right behind him floated a platypus, whose hands and feet were being held together by chunks of rock.
"Hey, this hurts, ya know!"
Chris sighed and picked up the scanner again, focusing it on the platypus. After it had found his profile, Chris read, "Cami Hubert. Element: Fire. Origins: Unknown. Surfaced two years ago when he tried to kill the king, along with the now deceased Alexander Stride. Current whereabouts: Unknown. Extremely dangerous. Kill on sight."
He put down the scanner and looked at him. "You sound like my kind of soldier."
He turned back to the group. "Now, I think it's time we filled in a little bit of information on some of you. Deim, Theragorm, Joan, and Jayce. All of you are going to be tested, right here and now, both elementally and physically."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
Jayce nodded. "Sounds fair..."

Inside, however, he was as nervous as the rest.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:28 PM »
((Kill Cami  XD  Oh that is sad, but sadly it may be the best option at the moment))

The door suddenly swung open and revealed an arctic fox. Grant wasn't sure how to respond until he noticed Crystal sheathe her weapon. He gave a sigh of relief and followed her inside.

"I was going to wait for Leiton and Frederick, but we need to get out of here, and fast. I know where a group of BLACK is. They can protect us for now."

"Frederick went back for Leiton. He told us to wait for him here."

"He went back?!"

"Have you seen or heard anything about this attack?"

Grant shook his head. "No this whole situation is new to me," he responded. "I wish I could tell you more, but there is little I can offer besides my sword."

Everything was moving far too fast for Grant. He wish he could have some clarification as to who this Arctic Fox was, but if Crystal trusted him that would be enough for now.