The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12146 times)

Offline Leiton

Re: State of Mind
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 04:21:45 AM »
((Well, it has been almost a week, so I'm afraid Cami is out of the story. I'll decide what to do with his character later. For now, let's start up the fights ^_^ ))

-Cifero-

"Alright. Joan, you will be fighting Henry. He controls earth as well, so it's a fair fight. Theragorm, I'm going to have to ask you what your element is. Same for you, Deim."
Joan huffed again before standing up and walking over to a tree, resting back on it. Henry stepped away from Cami, who was now untied and rubbing his wrists.
Theragorm answered quickly, "My element's electricity, though I haven't actually been trained. I'm pretty good with me sword, but it's somewhere in Jasper's jail."
"Hmph. Jasmine." He turned back to Jasmine, who had joined the pair by the satellite. "I need you and Jenny to go back to Fnorgan's Guard warehouse and pick up any lost supplies."
"Sir."
"Considering the attack going on, they probably didn't have the time to actually put them in storage, so it shouldn't be hard to find them." He turned back to the group. " What weapons are you all missing?
Theragorm answered first, "My greatsword. Nothing special, but it's served me well."
Joan answered next. "My bow, arrows, and hunting knife. The knife has a rock handle."
Jasmine nodded and walked past them, into the woods, followed closely by Jenny.
Finally, he turned to Jayce. "Well, it seems you might as well go first, since you weren't arrested. You'll be fighting me."
The rabbit and the fox both looked over, surprised.
"Not to the death of course. Just so I know how skilled you are. Nothing dirty or fatal. Just like a training session, got it?"

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Deirx and Krystal quickly finished packing the bags. Deirx tossed one to Grant and pulled two over his own shoulders. Krystal grabbed one and then walked out the door with Sarah.
"That's all I need. Leiton should know where the encampment is. He always does." He ran out the door and kept going at a light jog, heading along the edge of the woods, circling around the city. After a few minutes, they noticed a clearing further in the woods. There were shapes of people there, but there wasn't a campfire or anything. Even as they watched, the figures disappeared. The area around them seemed to grow even darker, speeding up the night.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 04:27:29 AM »
Jayce looked up.
"O-kay..." he said. "You wanna borrow one of my weapons?"
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 05:19:06 AM »
"I have my own."
Chris walked over to the center of the clearing and crossed his arms.
The pair by the computer stopped what they were doing and watched intently.
 He didn't have any visible weapons. He wore only a dark t-shirt, jeans, and a smile.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
"Okay..."
Jayce put his mask back on and, removing all of his weapons save his dager and rapier, he walked over and stood opposite Chrism also crossing his arms.
"So... how do we start?"
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Leiton

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
"Simple. First, dull your weapon so it won't stick me. Then we fight."
He knelt over the ground and placed his palms on the ground. After a few seconds, he slowly lifted his hands. Under them, a thick, metallic stream followed. He took the stream and compressed it between his hands, creating a sphere. He then took the ball and molded it into a katana, though the blade was completely rounded. Grooves formed around his fingers, creating the handle. Finally, a small section rose above the handle, creating the hilt.
"Do you need me to dull your weapons? You didn't seem to have any problems removing the prisoner's chains back at Fnorgan."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2012, 07:24:22 PM »
Jayce stepped back in shock... then stepped forward.
"No need... I carry dull weapons just in case," he said, removing a dull dagger from his satchel.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:03:39 AM by Viola Longshield »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »
 @.@ (I'm confused... who an I fighting?)

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
((just gonna post a quick reply since im not sure if ill be able to connect this weekend))

Suzumi was in the basement of her house, her parents were out and she was using every minute she was alone to practice her magical talent. She pulled out 5 small pebbles from her pockets and dropped them to the ground but before they could hit it they seemed to levitate and start to orbit her body. She moved her hand in a sweeping gesture and exhaled, the pebbles spun around and  rapidly accelerated towards the wall hitting it with some force. A small smiles crossing her face. "They are moving faster now."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
(good so far... keep it up!)

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 05:17:30 AM »
Grant was feeling uneasy. He noticed the lack of people around and the growing darkness was all the more ominous. Could they really trust Deiryx to lead the way? Grant wanted to ask more questions, but intuition told him now was not the time. Right now they needed to escape and questioning anything would slow them down and put them at jeopardy. After what happened in his home town, there was no question further punishment would await.

• Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
((I'll just put Viola on hold for now, since she's muted again. Also, sorry it took me so long to reply. Had a lot going on the past few days :P))

-Suzumi-

"You."
The voice was sudden and came from everywhere. The pebbles she had thrown lifted off of the ground smoothly and came back to her and began orbiting her again. The voice sounded again, this time seeming to come from the pebbles swirling around her.
"You understand."

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Deirx suddenly skidded to a halt, and Krystal nearly tried over him. He turned and eyed the clearing, which seemed to grow darker by the second. He began to walk closer to the clearing, his eyes settling on what appeared to be a small spinning orb floating in the middle of the clearing. It was inky black, with splotches of dark purples and blues.
"Krystal, run!"
Krystal took off with Sarah just as the orb shifted, expanding quickly. It enveloped the clearing and spread a little ways further. The sphere passed around them harmlessly and continued expanding. After the sphere passed them, however, they seemed to be enveloped in black world, devoid of all color. The entire world had shifted to a black nothingness. The ground was indistinguishable even from the sky. Though, he could still see each Deirx, his white fur showing plainly off of the dark surroundings.
A dark figure swirled out of the darkness and came to rest in front of them. It appeared to be a demon of a sort, though it was in the form of a beautiful woman. She was floating slightly above the ground.
"Don't let this fiend touch you, and don't touch it."
Suddenly, as if to reinforce what he said, the woman shrieked an unholy shriek and thrust her arms at them. They turned into long spears of swirling darkness as they hurtled toward the pair.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
Suzumi was taken aback by the first noise spinning around quickly to make sure that there was nobody behind her, she quickly scanned the room with her eyes as the second response came she shifted her hands and let the pebbles orbit in a  ball floating above her hand. She struggled to find words to say still shocked that the pebbles were communicating.

"I only understand that this is a gift i shouldn't be forced to hide" She responded sternly focusing a little more small tendrils of sand and dust started lifting up around her feet slowly coiling around her legs.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
Any doubt Grant had held towards Deirx was lost as the situation took a turn for the worst. Some strange  illusion had been conjured in front of them all, but Grant was not certain what exactly was going on. As darkness grew Grant noticed a female figure just ahead of them.

"Don't let this fiend touch you, and don't touch it."

Grant didn't need to be told twice; the training with the guard had tempered and adjusted his reflexes to be battle ready. Thinking quickly, Grant rushed towards Deirx and pushed him out of the way of the swirling spear of darkness. However, the spear managed to slide across Grant's right arm and nearly cut him. That was too close.

Having never experienced this sort of magic before he had misjudged the creature, but it would not happen again.

"Deirx," Grant spoke placing a paw on his sword hilt, "how do we get rid of this creature?"

• Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »
-Suzumi-

The voice echoed again, this time in a deep chuckle. "But there is more it than that, isn't there..."
The sand coiled around her legs, rising slowly, becoming a thick, earthen shell around her legs. Across from her, where she had struck the wall, a man slowly materialized. He was short, not an inch over 5 feet tall, and his face was obscured by the dark cowl he wore.
"You must understand, Suzumi. Understanding is key."

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

During the brief moment that the darkness touched his arm, Grant could feel an uncontrollable sense of pure, unadulterated fear. The feeling left just as soon as it had come, however. The demon cackled and began to walk lithely towards them.
A voice sounded throughout the darkness, shouting at them. "You have no idea what you've done! You're going to ruin everything I've worked so hard for! Just stop now! Just... DIE!!!" The last word was almost a shriek, and seemed to echo around them.
Deirx rolled and rose to his feet, taking off his own pack. He quickly undid the tie-string at the top and opened it. His hand was over the top for just a moment before he pulled it away, a sheet of silvery, liquid metal following. It was quicksilver. He yelled at Grant, not taking his eyes off the demon advancing towards them, almost tauntingly. "You wouldn't happen to be able to control light, would you?"

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:47 PM »
Taking a step back and taking a deep breath she focused on the figure  emerging from she shadows, the sand slowly making its way higher up her body, the pebbles starting to orbit her much faster than before. taking a more active stance she raised her hands and bared her claws.

"Who are you?, and How did you get in here?" Her tail swiping from side to side,  stirring up more dust from the floor.