The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12143 times)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: State of Mind
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 12:34:50 AM »
After unbuckling his rapier, sticking his dagger back in its sheath and pulling a dull short sword from his bag,  Jayce advanced and stood across from Chris, the sword in his right hand and the dagger in his left.
"So... now what?" he asked.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »
(Sorry about the hiatus everyone! Had some business to attend to out of town!)

As the demon shrieked and began to approach, Grant drew his blade and pointed it at the demon; distancing himself.

"You wouldn't happen to be able to control light, would you?"

"No," he replied disheartened, "I'm afraid I don't, I-I can control gravity, but..."

Grant wouldn't allow himself to use magic! He could barely control it and last time he tried using it he ended up bringing himself into this mess. It would just be better if he ignored his ability for now. Grant could still fight!

He clutched his sword tight and brought a paw to his back; placing it on the handle of one of his knives.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
((no worries ^_^ and dont you just love starbucks wifi? xD ))

-Suzumi-

"I am one who would see how you would test the balance. As for how I got in here... " The cloaked figure chuckled softly. "The same way you're getting out."
The rocks and sand revolving around Suzumi's waist and legs suddenly shoot up, surrounding her and enveloping her in complete darkness, unable to move or move the earth. "Remember to understand, Suzumi..."
Through the darkness, a green symbol flashes before her eyes just as pain erupts in the back of her head. She fall unconscious.

She wakes up, lying down in the middle of a wooded area. Beside her is are two raccoons. One, the female, is dabbing her forehead with a wet rag while the man stands with his back to her, watching the woods.
"Oh my! You're awake!"

--- --- ---

-Viola-

(Your fight is a good bit of quick actions, so its alright if we reply quickly)
Chris nodded. "Now... we fight." He took a few steps forward and swung his arm in front of him. Three small balls of metal flew seemingly out of nowhere towards Jayce's midsection. Chris charged Jayce, sword down at his side.

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

(Same with you, now that this is a full on fight :P Post whenever)
Grant grabbed to quicksilver like a sheet and flapped it once. Hundreds of small needles flew at the demon, striking it, but not slowing it down. The woman shrieked again and charged Deirx, arms flying wildly in her will to rip him to shreds. One of the arms flew dangerously close to Grant as they expanded and formed wicked claws.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
Jayce deflected the balls with a spin of his knife and charged at Chris, planning to meet him halfway.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 01:06:14 AM »
Laying on the ground and looking up Suzumi could still see the green symbol when she closed her eyes, her entire body feeling heavy. She slowly got up still in a little pain from whatever happened. Thinking to herself that whoever that person was she was going to make him feel pain.  She looked around again to see female raccoon next to her, not making eye contact she glanced over at the male keeping his eyes on the woods. With a raspy and strained voice she asked. "Where am I?"

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
As one of the claws flew towards Grant, he felt a sudden rush of adrenaline and slipped beneath the swipe. Reacting quickly, Grant pulled a knife from his pouch and slashed at the arm as it continued above him. A spray of some ethereal substance covered his face.

"Deirx! What is this creature?" Grant called again as he pulled away from the arm. 

Offline Leiton

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:18 AM »
-Suzumi-

The lady coon dabbed at her forehead with the wet rag. "You're near Triss, dear...You've been unconscious for almost two hours now after you just popped up out of the ground like you did..."
The male raccoon turned around, arms crossed, and looked at her.
"What's you color, eh?"

--- --- ---

-Viola-

Chris smiled and, just before they would meet, spun down, swiping his katana at your legs and lifted his arms above him. A shield of metal seemed to pour out of his shirt and form above him, protecting himself from above,

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Grant paled and ducked under the arms as they converged above his crouched form. He lifted his hands, shouting, "It's some kind of demon!" The quicksilver shot at the demon in small bursts, going straight through it. Realizing it was futile, he crouched down, the metals flowing over him and forming an egg-shaped shape. The demon swiped at it, its claws glancing off of it, only make it more irritated.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »
"T T Tris?" She asked stunned, wondering how she ended up so far out. Standing up she stretched a little the vertabrea in her tail making several cracking noises. "My color?" she inquired still a little confused from what had happened and not really knowing the history of magic other than what she had heard people whisper about.

Not knowing weather to trust them or not, she refrained from telling them she was a magic user.

"How far is Besmir from here?" She asked, making direct eye contact with the male raccoon,her normally emerald eyes betraying a darker color rising within them.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 08:58:48 PM »
Jayce quickly jumped over the sword slash, propelling himself into the air.
"Shields can't protect you from everything!" he said as he kicked off of Chris's shield, sending the man flying back a few feet.
Using the moment to his advantage, Jayce rushed at Chris and swiped his sword at the black-furred agent's legs.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:26 AM »
So they were fighting some sort of demon? Grant recalled the creatures from nightmares he would have occasionally as a child. Was this one of those beings? The spray that had covered his face felt so alien on his face and it made him hesitant. However, Deirx seemed to be in trouble. The arm that had come after him was relentless. Using all the strength in his legs, Grant bounced off his foot paws and with a large slice, cut into the other rogue arm.

From what Grant could tell after watching Deirx fend off the demon was that it would not stop. Grant had to try something new. Blindly slicing away at the creature was not helping. He cast a glance at the floating demon and noticed that it seemed to be floating.

Floating, eh? An idea struck Grant, but it would require him to use his power. Should he risk it? He thought of what had happened at home, but the present moment demanded desperate action.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
-Cifero-

Chris grunted and rolled as Jayce kicked his makeshift shield.
Still with his back to Jayce, Chris stood and lifted his arms, though nothing around him changed or appeared to move.

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

The female stood and took a few steps back, going back to her backpack and bedroll.
The male raccoon eyed her and frowned. "It's about a week's travel, but if you have a horse, you can make it in a few days."

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

The sword passed through the demon, and the end of its arms seemed to unravel away. Though, it was quickly replaced by another wriggling swirl of darkness. The demon stopped its slashing and simply pressed its hand against the metallic shell that Deirx had placed around himself. A dark swirl of energy seemed to coalesce around her hand and flow around the shell. A gurgled scream came from out of the shell as the demon began to shriek and cackle maniacally.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Jayce hit Chris's legs just enough for him to feel an impact.
"Alright, Chris, now what?"
Chris still had his back to Jayce.
"Um... Chris?"
Jayce started to back away, sensing that Chris was about to pull something...

Offline Leiton

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
-Cifero-

Jayce's sword clanged off of Chris's legs, the sound of metal striking metal resounding through the air.
Chris chuckled and turned. "You missed."
He walked right past Jayce, turning around after about ten paces and bringing his sword back to his front at the ready position. "Now, Again."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »
Jayce nodded.

"Alright... Here I come!!"

The cat rushed at Chris, performing a series of complicated combat moves.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 06:48:07 AM »
The situation was growing worse. Not only had the demon avoided his strike, but it was also harming Deirx. Something had to be done fast!

For a moment Grant stood motionless; unsure of what to do, but suddenly his body began to move almost instinctively. He wasn't sure what he was doing, but it felt right in a way. Unleashing a howl that had been building up in his chest, Grant swung his sword into the air and jammed it into the floor. He had used his magic.

Almost instantly Grant could sense a growing weight on his shoulders. It continued to grow and grow and movement began to grow extremely difficult. He tried to raise his head, but the force was so great it almost hurt to move. All around him, gravity was distorted. The grass started to curve down as if it was about to be stepped on and nearby trees began to creek as their branches were pulled down, and leaves began to fall from these branches as if they were plucked.