The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12150 times)

Offline Leiton

Re: State of Mind
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
-Cifero-

Chris stood and engaged Jayce's attacks, moving his sword faster than a normal human should have been able to. It moved in a blur, so much so that Jayce could barely tell where it was. He advanced a step, his arms moving in a blur, Jayce's sword getting struck again and again, the impact of the metal resounding through the air.

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

The demon's shrieking ended as it was forced to the ground and hunched over, its arms slipping off of Deirx's shell. His shell melded away, and he fell backwards, his eyes red and his body visibly shaking as he scrambled backwards, trying to get away from the demon now hunched over the ground.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
" A week?" She responed in shock. She looked around and listened to the sounds, having never really left the city everything was quite new to her. "Can you point me in the right direction, My father will not be happy that im gone. Then again how am I going to explain this to him."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2012, 08:27:10 PM »
Jayce kept parrying, barely able to keep himself from getting hit.
"You're a... pretty good... fighter," he said in between sword clashes.
As Jayce was blocking another strike from Chris, he realized too late that this blow was rather strong...
And soon enough was left holding only his long dagger, the sword ringing on the ground some distance away.
(Don't think you've won yet... there's gonna be a little trick here...)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 04:17:12 AM »
Grant watched as the demon doubled up on the floor. His power! It was working! However, he could no longer move his body. The gravity in the area was so strong it was beginning to force him to the ground. He could not stop the increased gravity!

"Deirx!" he called, "I...need some help!"

He could hear Deirx shaking behind him and knew that they were in trouble. With Deirx wounded and himself being trapped in his own magic, there was little they could both do.
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Leiton

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 04:35:46 PM »
-Suzumi-

"You can't go alone, honey. Do you have any family out here?"

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Chris swung quickly again, this time knocking Jayce's sword out of his paw. With a quick back skip, he held his sword at the ready, a few steps away from Jayce. (Trust me, I know :P )

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Deirx scrambled to his feet. His pack slid across the ground towards him and he walked slowly toward Grant.
"We need to get out of here. Neither of us can really hurt this thing, and you're only going to hurt yourself if you keep this up!"

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
She smiled. " My Parents, but my father will be furious if I have to explain to him what happened, and even if I do I won't be able to tell him the truth" . A serious look creeps across her face. "There isn't even a way to explain to him, if i try i would get punished severely and not because he is my father but because its his job".

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
Jayce looked at the sword lying on the ground a few feet away, his eyes betraying his surprise at losing the weapon. But instead of rushing after the sword, he just stayed where he was, turned to Chris with his head hung...
And looked up at him, chuckling maliciously.
"Well... I should thank you I suppose..."
Jayce flicked his wrist, causing a dagger identical to the long one he had in his left paw to slide out of a sheath on his right wrist. Just before it was totally out of the sheath, Jayce flicked his wrist, causing the knife to flip once in the the air before he caught it by its handle.
It was perfectly timed.
"Becuase frankly," the cat said, spinning the daggers in his hands, "I'm better with knives."
He caught the daggers and held them in a position from which he could either attack or defend, then motioned towards Chris.
"Bring it on."

• Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Leiton

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:12 AM »
((Ummmmm... Sig?))

-Cifero-

Chris nodded and brought his other paw up to the handle of his makeshift katana and gripped it. He slowly pulled them apart, the metal seeming to liquify before pulling apart, forming two identical katanas, one in each paw. His eyes remained locked on Jayce's the entire time.
"One more round, then I test your metal-bending."
He skipped forward and lunged towards Jayce's chest, adopting a fencing style of swordplay, his other sword held in the defensive.

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

The male raccoon's face grew stern as he looked at her. "His job? Who is your father?"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 03:23:45 AM »
Jayce's eyes widened in shock at that statement... he was so surprised, he nearly forgot to block.
But he did.
Oh, he did.
Moving quickly, Jayce executed the knife drills he had taught himself over and over, adding in his own twists and matching Chris blow for blow.
"Um... can we skip the metal bending thing?" he asked, still attacking and parrying.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
(Sorry! Thought I posted  XD )

Grant couldn't move his head to face Deirx. The effort it took to restrain the demon was so great that he could not move.

"Deirx...," he grunted, "I can't...move!"

Grant was beginning to pant and his strength was failing him. However, now that he activated his power, he had no clue how to stop it. Before it would always stop on its own, but for some reason it could not. Grant felt himself being forced down even more. What was going on?
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »
She instantly took up a defensive stance small trails of dust slowly swirling around her feet barely visible.  "My father is in the guard" she replied her voice hiding a little fear. "Why do you want to know who he is?"

Offline Leiton

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
((It's fine, Sig :P ))

-Cifero-

"I'm afraid not." He ducked under one of Jayce's blades, parried another, and swung himself, only to be deflected again. This kid isn't half bad...
He jumped back, out of Jayce's reach, and threw his katanas to the ground. They stuck, quivering, before they quickly melted into the ground.
"Don't worry, I just need to know how strong you are, and if you can at least do the basics."

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

"Honey, there's no need to get upset." The female raccoon replied. "You can stay with us tonight, and we'll see you back to Besmir in the morning. It's getting late."
The male raccoon just looked at her, finally shrugging and walking off to grab his pack and pull out a few blankets. "You can take my bed. Supper will be..." He looked over at his wife.
"Supper will be in about an hour." She took a small pot out of her pack and set it by the fire. "My name's Clarissa, by the way." She smiled.
"Spurney, pleasure to meet you."

--- --- ---

-Sigcutio-

Deirx pulled and tugged at Grant, trying to get him away from the thing and out of his element's range.
"Grant, you need to stop this!"
The demon shrieked as the black surroundings seemed to meld away, revealing the forest.
"We need to get out, now!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:37:45 PM by Leiton »

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Relaxing and lowering her hadn the dust around her feet silently droped down to the ground.  "Thank you, I appreciate it." She glanced back at Spurney but not saying a word she turned to Clarissa. " Is there anything i can help with?"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
Jayce sheathed his daggers and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

"Um... yeah," he said. "Well.. um... when I bend metal, I suppose it can be... pretty strong..."

The cat looked over at the sword that he had lost earlier.

"Alright... well, I'll start with this..."

Holding up his hand, Jayce focused on the sword, the muscles of his hand tensing up. A brief flash lit up his eyes, and suddenly, the blade flew across the clearing and into Jayce's outstretched hand.

The cat looked back at Chris expectantly.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 08:12:43 PM »
-Suzumi-

"Hmm? Oh, no, honey, I've got it." Clarissa placed her hands over the ground and slowly lifted them. Underneath them, a mass of water seemed to flow out of the ground, following her hands. She quickly moved the water into the pot and swirled it a round a little before starting to set up the stand for the cooking pot.
Spurney walked up to her and handed her a small object. It was a locket-necklace in the form of a heart, open and empty.
"I think you dropped this. It was lying near you when we found you."

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Chris stared, emotionless. "Alright, now turn your sword into a ball."