The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: State of Mind  (Read 12151 times)

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
Re: State of Mind
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
Looking at Clarissa manipulate the water she went quiet, only observing what she was doing. "You...you know how to use magic...." her voice trailing off as Spurney handed her the locket, she looked at the empty space and closed her eyes as she closed the locket a slight vibration developing around her feet. She opened her eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. "Thank you." Placing the necklace and locket around her neck.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2012, 09:02:47 PM »
-Suzumi-

Spurney nodded and took a step back. "I couldn't help but notice... but what does the inscription on the inside mean?"
Clarissa started to take out assorted vegetables form her pack and slice them with a small kitchen knife.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
Jayce widened his eyes. I was afraid he was gonna ask me to do something more controlled...
"Um... A ball?" he asked. "What... what kinda ball?"
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:41 AM »
She looked up at the sky. "I'm not sure about its exact translation but he always said that it means to walk on the razors edge... Whatever that means." Looking back down her eyes betraying a slight hint of sadness, her fist clenching tighter, as the vibrations started up again, visibly stirring up the sand around her feet. Her voice weaker than before... "Please dont ask anymore question about this locket....."

Offline Leiton

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 03:05:59 AM »
-Suzumi-

Spurney tilted his head slightly and replied, "Translation? It says, 'Understanding is key.' "
Clarissa turned toward them and admonished, "Spurney! She said not to bring it up, so leave it be! It's none of our business, anyway."

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Chris frowned and held out his paw. Metal again seemed to flow out of the ground in front of him, going through the air, finally settling over his paw in the form of a small, metal ball. "This kind of ball." He rolled the ball around in his paw before letting it drop to the ground again.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
Shocked he looked at the inscription again...it looked different from what she remebered. "Understanding...Thats what that person said who before i woke up....Who is that person? You know who it is, dont you?" She inquired, a hestitant tone audible in her voice.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
-Suzumi-

Spurney tilted his head slightly and replied, "Translation? It says, 'Understanding is key.' "
Clarissa turned toward them and admonished, "Spurney! She said not to bring it up, so leave it be! It's none of our business, anyway."

--- --- ---

-Cifero-

Chris frowned and held out his paw. Metal again seemed to flow out of the ground in front of him, going through the air, finally settling over his paw in the form of a small, metal ball. "This kind of ball." He rolled the ball around in his paw before letting it drop to the ground again.
Jayce widened his eyes, knowing exactly what he meant... unfortunately, he also knew what might happen if he made one.
"But I don't want to kill you!" he said.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Leiton

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
((Sig...))

-Cifero-

Chris frowned, getting slightly irritated.
"Try me," he growled.

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

Spurney eyed her even more curiously. "That person? I don't know, we just found you here this morning."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2012, 06:19:17 AM »
Jayce sighed. "Alright... just be ready to dodge..."
Jayce concentrated on the sword, willing it to become a ball safely.
Suddenly, with a huge flash, the sword turned into an army of metal balls and flew straight at Chris.
"LOOK OUT!" Jayce screeched.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »
"I-I-I am sorry im still just trying to make sense of what happened.... one moment I was practicing, and the next a cloaked figure womhow got into the locked basement.... Whoever it was said tat understanding is the key. Then I got engulfed in shadow,saw a bight symbol flash before my eyes and woke up here." Shaking her head not sure how to react.

Offline Leiton

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
((Just a quick thing, magic only makes flashes of light when... well... a light-bender makes a bright flash. At the most, you're lack of control might make the metal scratch against itself and create sparks. Other than that, there are no flashes when you do magic.))

-Cifero-

Chris scowled and waved his arm in front of him, unfazed. The metal balls stopped moving in front of him momentarily before they floated towards each other and melded into one solid metal ball.
"All power, and no control."
He took a few steps forward, the ball elongating and retaking the form of Jayce's sword. He reached out and grabbed it, walking the distance to get to Jayce and hand him back his sword.
"Joan, you're next."

--- --- ---

-Suzumi-

Spurney looked even more confused than before. Clarissa looked up from her spot by the fire and muttered, "You poor thing..."
After a few moments, Spurney shook his head slowly before turning back around and taking his watch over the forest.
"Don't worry, we'll get you home."

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2012, 03:50:56 PM »
Sitting down next to the fire Suzumi went quiet simply litening to the sounds of my flames, as she tried to make sense of it all. Her thoughts wandering from one tpoic to the next as she started to scratch the strange symbol into the ground infrom of her...."understanding....." she muttered to herself.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
Jayce hung his head.
"Sorry about that," he said. "I tried to warn you... I don't really use my powers thatt much, and I kept getting kicked out of class because of my lack of interest."
He looked back up.
"Wait... give me another chance. I can do it."
Jayce holds out the sword.
'Okay, just... do something to make me angry, okay?"

Offline Leiton

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
((Sending a message to Sigcutio. I don't want to lose people, but if he's going to be gone or just not post, he needs to tell me... Also, I lost track of the in-game time, so for all purposes, our journey has passed us through the night and is now mid-morning. Sorry bout the sudden change  XP I've been too busy to pay attention.))

-Suzumi-

Breakfast was ready within the hour, and the sun was finally rising above the trees. Clarissa took out small, wrapped bowls, unwrapped them, filled them with some of the vegetable soup, and gave each of them a bowl. Spurney took his and sat down by a tree, eating quietly.
Inside of her own head
, Suzumi could feel this urge; a small, almost unnoticeable itch. It bade her go somewhere, a specific direction. It was behind her. South-east. The locket seemed to press against her, almost pushing her in that direction.

--- --- ---

-
Cifero-

Chris immediately turned to him.
"No. You were dismissed from your training because you have no control over your emotions, nor what to do with them. You ask me to make you angry, yet even then, you would have no control of your actions. You could not harm me, but I don't trust you enough to not harm the others that might not be able to defend themselves so easily."Another blast sounded in the distance. Chris jerked his head back and stared into the woods. "Where are you..."

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
Silently eating the soup Suzumi couldn't shake this nearly unbearable urge to head south-east. "This soup is delicious"  shy shyly remarked, and without a seconds hesitation. " What lies to the south east of here?" The locket around her neck feeling heavy around her neck silently humming and pressing her to want to move.