The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Write a Paragraph, push the story  (Read 13058 times)

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: Write a Paragraph, push the story
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
It wasnt long after Otebon had finished that Marcus and the doe walked out. As they passted Otebon, Marcus silently mouthed "Mute not deaf." and then they were gone. Otebon stayed back, pondering whether to walk the camp or return to the tent. After a moment of deliberations he left to walk the camp.
The camp was filled with all sorts of people, from the geneally healthy, to the maimed. Humans or otherwise seemed to matter little, but there was an obvious bias towards 'otherwise'. The camp was in a sorry shape indeed, and Otebon couldnt help but feel a touch of despair enter his being. What have I gotten myself into..?
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »
The Doctor in him wanted to stop and help, but there were simply... too many. Nothing seemed too out of place in a military camp. Of the injured most of it was self-inflicted or by natural causes, as was normal for a military camp. A few crushed limbs (hands, tails, and legs most common), burns, cuts, illness, malnutrition, food poisoning, etc. The more severely wounded looked as though they had come across a land mine, which frightened Otebon. Of all the weapons that Sentience had created, landmines, biochemical weapons, and flame throwers bothered him the most. Those did not simply kill the body or destroy the object, but were impersonal or caused extreme pain. Land mines in particular were a danger to soldiers and civilians alike. Especially after the battle was done and they were left forgotten in some poor farmer's field...

Otebon forced himself to keep walking and eventually made his way to the outer edges of the camp. He actually almost walked out of the camp before realizing it. It seemed like the main defense of this camp was its invisibility. The tree cover and camo netting hid it from the air while soldiers hidden in blinds and spider holes protected its borders. They must be close to enemy territory, especially with wounded of that caliber being treated here. But Otebon did not stay to inspect and instead turned back for his bunk. He knew where he was going (years of navigating with nothing more than his mind and the position of the sun ensured that he couldn't get lost easily) and soon he was back to the tent that he and Marcus had been assigned. His little walk had taken him an hour or so.

Alright... I have to stop here according to the rules... but what will come next?!?!?! Does Marcus have a date with a mute Antelope? Did he bring her back to his tent? Did she take him to hers? Is he really that suave?

In other news: I couldn't help but laugh when you took it that way. I never intended to have Marcus be a Casanova-type character, but now the opportunity is simply too... funny! Have fun with it
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 12:25:06 AM »
The afternoon light made the small tent appear slightly less decrepit from the outside, but Otebon couldnt think about his lodgings. Those that he had passed still haunted him, no matter how desperately he wanted the images, both from this camp and those prior, to leave him. Focusing on this he walked directly into the tent and sat on his bunk, completely unaware of Marcus and the doe, who were staring at him akwardly (if not attentively) from the far side.

"uhh, Otebon?" Otebon was shaken from his reverie and suddenly noticed his company (who were sitting on a spare bunk near the entrance). He grinned sheepishly and started edging back towards the door.

So, will he leave or stay? What happens from here? We're at say... 1700? We've got some time to killm but I'd rather not speed it up to much.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:41 AM »
Oh dear... ( :P Yes that's meant to be a play on words) Either Marcus is just that good a "talker" or this Doe is desperate. ;)

Otebon dropped his eyes to the floor and (not for the first time) cursed his amazing eyesight in low-light. "I apologize," he said as he turned and immediately left. He made sure that the tent flaps didn't fly open as he left and when he was completely outside he took the time to take the ties and make sure that they were secure.

That should give them at least a little bit of warning, Otebon thought as he turned back around and unconsciously flattened his clothes. That kind of thing hadn't happened to him since his days in a college dorm room. He looked left and right before just choosing a direction. Otebon just started walking. He knew that nightfall wouldn't be for another few hours (maybe three at this rate, he thought as he glanced up at the sun) but now he was prepared to not sleep, though he didn't really want to. He needed to decide if he was going to pull that torture or if he just needed to find some tree nearby and take a nap under it's branches. Marcus had... uh... reserved... the tent for some time.

You seem to be having a lot of fun with this story between Marcus and an Antelope. I will caution that we cannot write much about their relationship (honestly I don't know how far we've "made" it go so I've avoided writing anything about it) as this is the General Board and not the Adult Board. Having said that however, I look forward to seeing this updated now to see what craziness you create in that situation. But now we must ask ourselves... where are Zat and Yekatarina?

Your post is up to you. But I think it will be interesting to see how they spent their day.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
Otebon decided to find a someplace more suitable to sleep, and began walking towards a a raised area of larger, more dispersed tents which appeared to operate more as a command station. He walked more quickly this time, not lost in contemplation as he was before. As such he noticed the Zat immediately, sitting atop a rock and polishing a newly-acquired punch-dagger to a mirror polish. Upon Otebon's approach the half-breed merely raised his head "Searching for sleep, are you?"

Otebon nodded, assuming his demeanor gave him away. Zat deliberately motioned to a nearby tent "Far left is mine, I've no need of it for the moment, so feel free." Otebon stared at the tent for a moment "Thanks" as he reached the flaps of the tent he hear Zat call out in a whisper that would be entirely inaudible to any man "And be quite sure not to wake Yekaterina." Inside the tent was remarkably nicer than the one Otebon and Marcus had been assigned (the price paid for desiring some degree of privacy), no holes were worn into the canvas and as a whole it was considerably darker. A few men were laying in the cots adjacent to the door, and Yekaterina could be seen on the far right. Zat's cot had a cloth banner hanging loosely over it, entitled "Умереть для жизни" in faded and worn script. Otebon ignored it and sat on the foot of the cot.

Dunno quite where I was going with that. Also excuse my grammar, I worked to the best of my ability but my familiarity with Cyrillic as a whole is somewhat limited.
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »
Don't worry about the Russian. I can't speak or read it anyways. Had to use a translator to learn it said "Dying for Life".

I agree... I'm not really sure where to take this either, so let's go to a "checkpoint" of sorts in this way...

This day... The Wolf thought to himself quietly. This day. It just keeps getting more and more... interesting. The Wolf glanced around, his eyes glowing in the half light of the tent and inspected each sleeper as they dreamed. He reached down and removed his shirt in preparation for some sleep before he would be woken for the move. Everyone here fights the same war but in different battles, he thought as the shirt enclosed his head in darkness. Everyone here is ready to give their lives for their cause... but what is their purpose?

Otebon laid down over the covers of the cot and closed his eyes. He drifted off into an uneasy sleep filled with shadowed dreams. It was not a pleasant experience, but it was one that he was all too familiar with.

Alright, several options my friend. Option A: We jump to someone else and follow them. Tell the story of Marcus and that Doe for instance or go outside to play as Zat for a bit. Option B: we end the chapter and jump to moving out. Option C: other and feel free to fill in the blanks.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
Y'know I've been absolutely burnt out as of late. Couldnt write a thing. Rather than see the thread go into disuse, I'll give up my paragraphs.
- Sjin

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:33 AM »
Fair enough man. Happens to the best of us. Not a worry at all for me; especially as this is all for fun anyways.

I believe I'm going to go with Option A here and move the story along.

--- --- ---

Otebon slowly opened the tent flap. He kept his face to the ground as he entered the tent that should have been his and allowed his eyes to adjust to the different shade of gloom within the enclosure. The sun had just fallen below the trees outside and it was getting dark quickly. After he was sure that he could pick out individual rocks on the ground and that the only sounds he heard were those of soft breathing, Otebon lifted his slightly glowing eyes up and inspected the tent.

The tent was small and only had room for two cots. Unsurprisingly, the one that Otebon had claimed earlier that day was completely untouched while the one that Marcus had decided to use for the duration of their day was occupied. That was the one Otebon approached and his eyes revealed that the ratty blanket that Marcus had been given was thrown over someone, or someones as Otebon discovered as he got closer. He wasn't exactly sure how it had happened, but Marcus and the Doe from earlier were wrapped in each others arms on the thin cot. With a bit of a curious expression on his face, Otebon noted that both the Doe and Marcus were clothed... fully.

Trying to be as stealthily as possible while being as far away as possible, Otebon poked Marcus in the back. Marcus had a tendency to jump if he woke up with Otebon's muzzle in his face, so Otebon had made sure to put himself as far behind and away from the human as he could. When he didn't respond, Otebon poked him again. Marcus jolted awake on the second poke.

Marcus opened his eyes with a smile on his face as he slowly came back to the realm of the living. The sleeping visage of the Doe greeted him and he leaned in to give her a slight kiss. He was stopped by Otebon poking him again. "Come on lover boy," Otebon said as he stood. "I had to basically beg Zat to come in here and be the one to wake you. Get your stuff and hurry quickly. You don't want him to wonder what you've been up to in here."

Hope you recover from your burnout soon!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »
And I'm back! For today, at least.
Love what you did with Marcus, I was literally laughing. Marcus got some tail, I assume.

Marcus nodded, and careful not to wake the Doe, he stood up off of the bed. His clothes were a mess from being slept in, but that didn't matter much. Otebon tapped his foot impatiently as Marcus put on his boots. In short time, they were both walking out. Zat looked at Marcus, a knowing smile on his face. "How did you sleep?" He asked. Otebon shook his head, forgetting for a moment the half-breed's predator level sensory organs - he could likely smell the doe, and what had happened over night.

Marcus blushed, and Zat laughed. "The pup has finally become an adult! Maybe soon you'll be Alpha." A look of such startled surprise hit Marcus' face, and Otebon laughed, whether at Marcus' reaction or the situation in itself, he knew not. Marcus shook his head. "Remember, I don't get that right until I beat you." Marcus said, jokingly. Zat's face hardened. "Still a long time from that, Omega." Then he smiled again. Otebon shook his head. The man's emotions were running wild. What was wrong with Zat?

Successful revival, I hope. Hopefully one of you will pick this back up, eh?

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »
I kinda forgot about it after I posted, mainly because I was previous poster... But hey, one good thing came from your post Daemon. Now we know what happened to Marcus  ;)

They didn't have much time to wonder about Zat's... energy. Without another word (although he did settle for a low chuckle) he turned and left. "Come on," the Half-Breed said as he walked away. "We've got some miles to cover before the sun rises. Hope your... activities... were worth it!"

Otebon and Marcus began walking behind Zat, but noticed quickly that Yekatarina was no where to be seen. Otebon merely thought it a point of curiosity as Zat seemed to be pushing her away and then wouldn't let her out of his sight before starting the process all over again. Marcus, in his... "good mood"... was more than happy to comment on it.

Really tempted to go on, but have fun with it unless you want me to continue!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »
Sorry, been away. Please, do continue. I'll pass you my two paragraphs to see what you have in mind.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »
Yes Master...

"So," Marcus said once Zat was far enough away and he bent down to retie his shoes (the quick effort he had given them in the tent would be giving him blisters in no time if he didn't correct it immediately). "Where's Yekatarina? Usually those two seem attached at the hip, though he seems to be trying to get rid of her half the time. You know what?" Marcus, empowered by his recent 'success' continued on without a thought while Otebon merely waited for his friend to finish so that they could follow along. "You know... I think those two are-"

"What Human?" The two turned to find Yekatarina standing in the shadow of a tent. Her arms were crossed and she had a wide smile on her face, as though she found this whole situation hilarious. "You think we're a mated pair? Why would it matter to you? What benefit do you gain by spouting that?" She uncrossed her arms and began walking towards them. "Zat may be a Half-Breed, but he and I have a history together. It's none of your business what we may or may not do together, but I assure you," she said as she walked right by Marcus and slowly drew her tail across his throat and up the side of his face. "I am attracted to power".

This moment was shattered when Yekatarina's tail flicked and caught Marcus on the nose. "So remember that, Omega," she said as she walked away.

Sorry, couldn't stop there... hope the third paragraph is okay.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
I have no idea what to put. But, it appears that Marcus shall forever be Omega, to all except Otebon and the nameless Doe.
Speaking of which, I think we need to bring the Doe character more to life, you know, add some importance to her. Maybe have them take her with them?

Either Aoren can get the next paragraph, or I yet again pass mine to Otebon. Sorry for being lazy.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2012, 01:22:03 AM »
I think since I've had the last 5 it would be "not nice" for me to continue. If no one picks up in 48 hours though... I'll keep it going.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »
Otebon just couldn't stop laughing. He at least had the benefit of smell so he was able to tell (once Yekatarina had wandered close) that she was by no means attracted to Marcus or that she had anything on her mind other than making him squirm. But now that he could see Marcus' face, all crushed and very, very surprised, he couldn't stop chuckling to himself.

"Come on man," Otebon said to Marcus as he offered a paw up. "We need to get going."