The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tabletop gaming?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline TheSSF

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Picture of me as a half-rabbit by Spushicat!
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: Light brown fur, bright green eyes.
  • Height: 5'2" (About 5'8" counting ear length)
  • Weight: 7.5 stone
  • Build: Thin and short, but agile.
  • Currently: Cheerfully bored!
Tabletop gaming?
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:27 AM »
While not technically 'video games' this is the most appropriate board, I believe.

What I'm asking, quite simply, do any furs play tabletop games? Paranoia, DnD, Warhammer etc...

I was recently asked to play DnD by a kid at school, and I really got into it. More so than the other players  X3 In a weeks time, I'm going to be hosting my very first game for a few friends. The head of my local furmeet and his boyfriend hosted their own campaign a while back, only instead of the standard, fantasy DnD with a touch of Steampunk (The directions Wizards seem to be rolling at the moment.) their version was nautical themed, with anthropomorphic pirates. If they were to host a similar game again, I would most definitely get into it!

I also have a little interest in the Yu-Gi-Oh TGC, but my cards pretty much sit in the corner, collecting dust unless a few furs I know online decide to challange me to a duel. I do have some pokemon cards too... Somewhere.

I'd probably like to get into other Tabletop and maybe TGC games later in my life, but since I'm still new to DnD (I play 4ED) I'm probably going to be entertained by that for a long time to come X3

So, is anyone else here into such games? Any anecdotes about games you've played or hosted? I know a few good DnD related comics, and a few funny walkthroughs, live games (Such as the PAX games, featuring the creators of Penny Arcade, PvP and Wil Wheton.) That is all! Bunnyboy out ^^
Dylan, the bunnyboi. I'm in the GMT+-0 so timezones can be a bit of a problem. On iPod sometimes so may be slow or a victim of auto-correct. I'm rather open so if there's anything you want to know of me, just ask away ^^

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Tabletop gaming?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
i would love to play dnd, sadly no-one i know plays it.

Offline TheSSF

• Avid Aardvark
  • Picture of me as a half-rabbit by Spushicat!
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: Light brown fur, bright green eyes.
  • Height: 5'2" (About 5'8" counting ear length)
  • Weight: 7.5 stone
  • Build: Thin and short, but agile.
  • Currently: Cheerfully bored!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 06:59:05 PM »
i would love to play dnd, sadly no-one i know plays it.

Well you could always try and host it. A surprising number of folks in my school, finding out about it, wanted to play. Brush up on the rules, and DM a game for some of your friends ^^
Dylan, the bunnyboi. I'm in the GMT+-0 so timezones can be a bit of a problem. On iPod sometimes so may be slow or a victim of auto-correct. I'm rather open so if there's anything you want to know of me, just ask away ^^

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »
I would love to learn DnD, since I'm into any form of roleplaying. As for board games, I do those.

I used to play a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh back when it was cool I still have a zillion old cards sitting around.
x

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
Pathfinder for me. Now and forever. *stands proudly*

Pathfinder is generally what D&D (pre 3.0) could have been if the Wiz didn't ruin it. It has now developed into a completely new game, far from D&D and continues to develop (thus improving) constantly, new books coming a few months apart, and they're sold extremely cheap in their online shop. Forums made for everyone to share their ideas and learn how to play better and GM better. Every year they hold contests where GM's are put to the test and everyone can try their luck. The winner gets a whole book based on their story made for him and sold. The makers show interest in what their users think and use feedback, the forums and aspiring private GM's to develop PF into a game that has won several awards (Ennie's) and won over D&D many times in a row and counting.

Offline Ottersmash

• Avid Aardvark
  • Skeptical Squawker
  • Species: Short-billed black cockatoo
  • Currently: Studying
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »
I was thinking of starting a group for DnD locally. The only DM I know of is some uptight jackass who had an unofficial "no girls allowed" policy in high school, so I'd rather enjoy gathering all the ladies I know who'd like to learn (I currently know 4+).   B)

Would require a good deal of brushing up, though..
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:47:56 PM by Ottersmash »

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pokemon: Buizel
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 01:22:20 AM »
I'm still a forum member of a war/tabletop gaming website called juniorgeneral.org. Basically the site was tailored to those who couldn't afford the expensive plastic and metal models so to substitute they crafted intricate 1/72 scale paper cutouts of soldiers and fantasy creatures. I myself have designed a few paper soldiers, ships, tanks, etc. I'll give you some examples in my next post.
  • Signature art by: BFBC2 Stats & BF3 Stats

"The United Planetary Federation is my home, my land, and my country. The journey begins, and starts from within..." -Tanya Rubi Rivers, Recon, 1st Lt, Experimental Special Forces Task Force One: Frostbite.