The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Wins and Fails!  (Read 2037 times)

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pokemon: Buizel
Game Wins and Fails!
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:13:08 AM »

Okay, so basically this thread is about any sort of video game win or fail you've had in the past. It can be anything from noclipping sentry guns from TF2 to Skyrim ragdoll space programs to that awful moment in Battlefield 3 where you just get spawn trapped like retarded bullfrog tadpoles baking in the sun of Nose Hair Canals. The only rule is that you explain your win/fail in as much hilarity or surprise or any emotion that you felt at the time. Here I go:

Last weekend I find myself joining into a BF3 conquest match on the map I jokingly refer to Nose Hair Canals. As I spawn in on the American carrier I chose to forgo the usual, overcamped helicopters and decide to drive the LAV, my usual loadout being autoloader, AT missiles, and IR smoke. As I get to shore I encountered an enemy tank parked with its side turned towards me, oblivious to my actions at capturing the shipping containers. I switched to my AT missiles and fired a shot, doing some fair bit of damage to the enemy T-90. I quickly switched to my autocannon and fired a six round burst into the tank, disabling it. But wait! Now I switched back to my AT missiles and found out that the AT missiles reload -just as fast- as it takes to fire the six round burst from the cannon. This was a bit surprising to me as I shot the missile at the tank, completely obliterating it and earning a double kill. In the back of my head a thought came to me:

"HOLY CRAP... The LAV kills tanks better than a tank!" and my next thought:

"Time to forcefully violate some tailpipes!" I was wide-eyed in glee and I thought fast. With my newfound knowledge I would use the speed and evasive abilities (smoke) of the LAV to outrun and overpower any tank that came my way. I took a circular flanking path from the Dry Docks and looped around behind the C objective to where the enemy tanks came out of spawn. I effectively took out every enemy tank that dared to challenge me on their way out of their base. I ended up with a 25-5 kill/death ratio with all 25 kills acquired in the LAV. I was blown away by how effective I was in the LAV, singlehandedly taking on a whole armored formation and cutting off the enemy's heavy reinforcement.
  • Signature art by: BFBC2 Stats & BF3 Stats

"The United Planetary Federation is my home, my land, and my country. The journey begins, and starts from within..." -Tanya Rubi Rivers, Recon, 1st Lt, Experimental Special Forces Task Force One: Frostbite.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Re: Game Wins and Fails!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:36:18 AM »
So, I was playing Reach the other day with Shuishe. Her and I ended up on Pinnacle playing Slayer DMRs. The Blue team had the upper hand; having collected all the overpowered weapons. In the opening of the game the blue team had the Rocket Launcher, the Sniper and the shotgun. I managed to take out one of their teammates with my DMR right as he and the rocket user went up the man cannon; the rocket user having fired a round my way, only to miss by a hair's breadth. Thankfully, our team was intelligent enough to take cover and retreat as necessary. Somebody took out the rocket user right quick, but fell off the map with it after a grenade sent him bouncing out.

I do a circuit around the Red tower, taking out around three or four Blues trying to pry their way up. But when I get back to the lower half of the tower, the enemy sniper almost gets a two-for-one; taking down Shuishe and leaving me with a close call. I take cover for a moment and recuperate, then head right back up to the tower to assist an ally trying to take down the sniper; only to see him take a bolt right between the eyes. I take a step back and plant a few shots right into the visor of the sniper; only managing to take down his shields before he is out of my sights.

I think about something; but hesitate upon acting it out, as it may just end up being a waste. But after a second's debate, I wasted enough time for the sniper to get back up. While he's distracted with someone at the center of the map, I take down his shields once again and take up my idea. I hit the left trigger and a blue ball hurtles across the map with a vehement hiss; I mentally facepalm. I forgot I had stickies, and had meant to throw a frag grenade. But I shrug it off and just bet it missed its mark.

Then I got an Avenger and a Killjoy as soon as I'm downstairs. It was a random toss, a hope that it would go far enough; I was stoked and amazed.

Looking back at the video, the sticky went just barely far enough. Bouncing off the very lip of the sniper nest and landing next to him a few seconds after he had scoped in; leaving him ignorant to the explosive cooking right beside him; his freshly recharging shields are taken out instantly and he falls in a splash of crimson and cyan.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:20:15 PM by Sytex »

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
I have so many stories on GTA4 it's not even funny! Ok, these are all real btw :P

However, I want to say one of my favourite stories
In halo Combat Evolved, back in the day when this was all the rage, I was playing this with lots of friends. On the campaign level "Two Betrayals" there is a massive natural ramp and a large gap. I was in a hover-vehicle known as a "ghost" and I was on one health. A grenade managed to blow my ghost off the cliff, so my first reaction is "OH NO! I'M GONNA DIE!". Then I remembered I was in a ghost so no problem, ghosts don't get fall damage. Then the ghost flipped over and I fell out of the ghost, then again I thought "OH NO! I'm out of the ghost and I'm gonna DIE!". However, I hit the ground and survived with no shield remarkably. I was pretty amazed and grateful that I had survived, so you can imagine my surprise when the ghost fell on top of me and killed me instantly haha!

GTA4 stories
Story 1: So for those of you who are familiar with the game there is a tower in the middle of the airport that players can climb up using a ladder. It's a really good vantage point for sniping and I this guy and I have been killing each other for a while I was a good target for him. He managed to pin me down by sniping my bike wheel which had popped and caused me to crash into a wall and fall of my bike. He got distracted by another player so I managed to get on my bike and drive off. It was then that I remembered that this tower also was used in what is considered a fairly hard bike jumps to complete in GTA4. So I got enough speed and propelled off a ramp on go over the tower, what happened was that the sniper who was on the tower got in my way and I actually managed to have his head collide with my bike wheel. I managed to run him over with a bike doing one of the most epic jumps possible.

Story 2: This one is a fail on my part. So when I was first getting into GTA4 there was this professional player who was really good at sniping. He knew I was a noob at the time so he wasn't really scared of me so I decided to kill him and make him scared of me. So I'm in a really fast car driving at super fast speeds and I notice he sees me coming, and all he does is crouch down and look down his scope. I thought he was aiming for my head so I swirved to get out of the way of his crosshair but in actual fact, he was aiming for my tire. He shot my left tire and because I was swirving I managed to spin out of control and hit a dent. I managed to flip over and begin rolling across the street in my car, but still heading towards him. My car got to him and kind of bounced directly over him (he wasn't even moving). As I was going over him I could see he was looking at me in the scope, and I knew he'd kill me... which he did with a single shot.

Story 3: This one was when we were playing a friendly fire off server so players could not kill each other, but players could still kill themselves. It was a common tactic to be in a car and have players shoot at you so that your car gets set on fire, if you go near the person who shot you and your car explodes, you'll be fine, but the person who shot you will die. So this is common practice, what isn't common practice is doing it with a helicopter. Yep, I managed to get this guy to shoot my helicopter on fire (why he was also in a helicopter) and it just so happens that I was near him at the perfect time and my helicopter exploded killing the person in the other helicopter instantly.

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline TailzWolf

• Boisterous Bear
  • Thanks goes to Joe Racoon for this nice Avi!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »
M.U.G.E.N
I was playing as Rock Howard and up against Kagura from Inuyasha, who has a very aggressive AI. We were down to the last round and we ended up chipping away at each other's health till we were down to the "first to get hit dies" scenario. At the last moment my power bar filled up enough for LV.1, barely. Kagura had me knocked down and in the corner with the ability to either parry or absorb my attacks without taking damage (Like all good SNK Bosses should do  >.> ). I activated Shining Knuckle (Read- "My Flying Fist In Your Face!") the moment I got up. As soon as I activated it though, Kagura activated one of her supers. Judging by the stance she took and her portrait, it was Dance of the Dragon (Read- Very big, very powerful tornado), while she was right next to me. With all my past battles with Kagura, I know that Super Dance of the Dragon usually comes out faster than my attacks can connect, and I knew I was gonna lose at that moment. Suddenly, there were some hit sounds and the announcer called out a K.O., but nothing was going on. No death cries, and the K.O. moment was still for longer than usual. Even Rock and Kagura were still in the middle of their attack animations, no one had flinched. Suddenly, Rock finished Shining Knuckle on Kagura (who still wasn't flinchin, most likely  because of the "psuedo-invinibility" Super Dance of the Dragons gives her). Finally she collapsed, and I had somehow won. I was in total shock at this, that I needed some time to process what had just happened even after the match was over and I was back at the character select screen. After that, I just burst out laughing  XP

Feel fre to take the quiz here

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
Another game fail: this time it was my first venture into MW3.

I was playing a round of TDM on Resistance trying to rank up my weapons. I wasn't too good, but I could at least scrap by with a 1-1 KDR. There was a particular instance where I did happen to acquire a killstreak. I was near the end of the map with the deliver truck and the opened garage. I took some fire from the top of the stairs to my right and proceeded to pick off the enemy with an L118 ACOG. I just used up my UAV and two kills later I finally got the lovely little care package. I took cover in the garage and threw down the smoke grenade for the package. As I heard the littlebird fly overhead I was a little too eager and stepped outside.

I got killed by my own care package dropping on top of me. It was an AC-130...

"The United Planetary Federation is my home, my land, and my country. The journey begins, and starts from within..." -Tanya Rubi Rivers, Recon, 1st Lt, Experimental Special Forces Task Force One: Frostbite.

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
Furry gaming fail:

A fur found my gamertag on another forum and added me on Xbox Live, even though I had stated "only add me if you actively play Rock Band 3" (he did not).  He then sent me multiple messages (text and voice) about how how he didn't know that many furs, and wanted to talk about being furry (inviting me to voice chat while I was in the middle of playing Rock Band).

The worst part is that this has happened multiple times.  I have zero interest in talking about being furry while I'm in the middle of playing something, especially a rhythm game that requires my full attention.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:23:17 PM by MiltoniusPrime »

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »
OOOoooo... That's bad. Feel free to comment on other's fails/wins.

That's gotta stink getting all those messages. Did you try setting your status to Busy or Appear Offline?

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »
OOOoooo... That's bad. Feel free to comment on other's fails/wins.

That's gotta stink getting all those messages. Did you try setting your status to Busy or Appear Offline?

I usually don't, because I have a number of friends who either play Rock Band fairly often, or don't message me all the time wanting to talk on Live.  That's what I have messengers, forums, and a phone for.  And when I ask if they had something in particular they wanted to ask about (such as Anthrocon), I never get a response.  I think they just want to add as many furs to their friends list as possible.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 06:04:17 AM »
Furry gaming fail:

A fur found my gamertag on another forum and added me on Xbox Live, even though I had stated "only add me if you actively play Rock Band 3" (he did not).  He then sent me multiple messages (text and voice) about how how he didn't know that many furs, and wanted to talk about being furry (inviting me to voice chat while I was in the middle of playing Rock Band).

The worst part is that this has happened multiple times.  I have zero interest in talking about being furry while I'm in the middle of playing something, especially a rhythm game that requires my full attention.

Happens to me all the time -.- (kind of). It seems like everytime I start a game on steam that sends a message of "everyone talk to me, It's not like I'm trying to play a game or anything" XD

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »
guitar hero: wor

there was an in-store-demo and the demo guy was shredding away [size=78%] [/size]on what seemed to be hard difficulty[size=78%] [/size]and i asked if i could have ago.
he changed the difficulty of the song he was playing to beginner so i was just like "okay" and pretended to fail overboard.
i then asked if i could change the song.
i changed it to bat country and when the song started i changed it to expert and i got 98%

i earned his respect :P

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »
guitar hero: wor

there was an in-store-demo and the demo guy was shredding away on what seemed to be hard difficultyand i asked if i could have ago.
he changed the difficulty of the song he was playing to beginner so i was just like "okay" and pretended to fail overboard.
i then asked if i could change the song.
i changed it to bat country and when the song started i changed it to expert and i got 98%

i earned his respect :P

On a related note, the first time I ever beat Through the Fire and Flames in GH3 was on a big-screen Best Buy setup, which faced the checkout lines.  A few people had stopped shopping in order to watch.  Definitely a win.

(Though I vastly prefer Rock Band.)

Offline BusterBuizel

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Back to the old sona
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 03:36:14 AM »
Just one moment, I hope Sytex will share with us some Game Wins/Fails from our weekend get-together.

Offline LyrilaFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • Community Hobo DJ
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Manncowmoo
    • Awards
  • Species: Elemi Fulf
  • Coloring: Depends on form
  • Height: about 6'0" when Anthro [3'6" - Feral]
  • Weight: about 150lbs Anthro [100lbs- Feral]
  • Build: pretty curved body structure, not really fat
  • Currently: stuff :D
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 04:00:48 AM »
these ones make me laugh:

*i was playing Fallout 3 and doing a quest involving some robot factory, and i pushed te button unaware that the protectrons would awaken and attack me, so i started walking out and i ended up getting owned multiple times. Then i stood atop a staircase where they couldnt shoot my for a few moments while i shoot and destroy each one individually. Then i walked out and found one collapsing and respawning repeatedly, then it disapeared from sight but not my radar. so i dubbedit as it fell into an under-texture nothingness [which is in every game and that ive fallen into in many, MANY games] me and my brother call Zero.

• Avatar by: Avatar by WingedZephyr
  • Signature art by: Siggy by Me [Manncowmoo]

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:08 AM »
Once, my friend was playing Halo Reach, and it was really laggy, and when he threw a grenade, the whole enemy team teleported onto his grenade and he got an overkill and an extermination.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 06:24:17 AM »
I remember we made a forge map on Halo 3 Narrows that had an infinite grav lift (kept going forever) and I through a grenade in it, then like 3 minutes later I got into the grav lift and got stuck by my own grenade XD