The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Did You Get Good Grades in High School?  (Read 2344 times)

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
Did You Get Good Grades in High School?
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »
Sorry for so many topics, I just had a lot of ideas come to me today.

How did you do throughout high school? I was on Honor Roll from 10th grade and up, and graduated with an unexpected First Honors. Although I always felt I didn't deserve them because I felt my behavior is what heavily influenced my good grades - without them, I surely would have had Cs and Ds instead of As and Bs.

My GPA was 3.55. I was also in the top 15 percentile of my class.

This all also granted me a scholarship for free community college, though I never went to college.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:23:48 AM by Cchytale Murilega »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
Re: Did You Get Good Grades in High School?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »
Yes and no. When I sat my Standard grades at 16 I did really well I got mainly 1s and2s (the system for standard grade goes from 1 (the highest) to 7the lowest)) but when it came to my Highers and Advanced highers I'm ashamed to say I almost didn't care and just scraped through some and dumped physics before the exam :/
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:27 AM »
Yes. I was on the Honor Roll all through high school (actually the entire period where they have Honor Roll, which was 4th grade at my school) except for one trimester (thanks to Chemistry; loved labs, hated the math portion). I can't remember what my GPA was at the end of school, but I graduated in the Top Ten of my class. I was number nine, but then a guy joined our class in senior year and ended up as number two so I got bumped down to number ten (which didn't really bother me). I never really considered myself to be THAT smart, but I guess I was (though there was only about 50 of us).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 02:06:56 AM »
I'm in my last year of high school currently. But, throughout high school, I can honestly say my marks are probably not as high as they probably should be. I could definitely have achieved higher, but I chose to take the low road and just coast through high school. And yet, I'll still probably wind up getting into University with the marks I have already because they're good enough, even though I haven't really per say "tried."
  • Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:29 AM »
Seems like most did pretty well with their grades thus far!

I also did pretty well. All A's and B's through high school~ I worked for it and I felt pretty satisfied!  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »
I have to say... High school was a pure joke for me <.< I don'T know if it's because I'm really good or because I came from a poor place that the educationnal program is not worth a penny, but throughout my 8th to 10th grade, I had a general average of about 90 to 95%. Of course, it dropped a little bit in 11th and 12th grade but I still managed to succeed my 12th grade with a general average of 88%. So yes, I can say that I had pretty good grades in high school. (And yes, Quebec is weird by working with percentages and even more weird in College, using what they call "R mark"... Right now, I have a mark or 28.375, which means I could get accepted in pretty much almost every University pretty easily and that this could be transfered somewhere between 75 and 80%).
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:08 AM »
I got c's and b's. I did well on the tests but didnt do the homework so thats why.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »
At one point it's been as low as 1.33. ... . .. . . . But, uh, just waiting to see the results of the final tabulation once I graduate. Hopefully they won't read it aloud at graduation.
x

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
At one point it's been as low as 1.33. ... . .. . . . But, uh, just waiting to see the results of the final tabulation once I graduate. Hopefully they won't read it aloud at graduation.

I've never known GPA to be read aloud at graduation. They typically just hand out the diplomas and mention whether you're graduating with honors or not. If it makes you feel better. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
At my school, I'm rated 256 of 400 or so. Not because I'm stupid, just because I think that my school doesn't challenge me, I don't view it as a good use of my time. The only classes I really want are art classes and creative writing.

I currently average a low to high C in my classes.

Offline Graystripe77

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm not random. You lemon.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Various grays
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Pretty skinny.
  • Currently: thinking
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
I've been failing a lot of classes, but only because of homework, which they bumped up to like 40% of your grade.  I really wish I could just take the tests and that's it.  School doesn't challenge me. In fact, I'm the only freshman in Trig. So, I'm not dumb, just... I don't know, I just hate school.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Offline Rasui

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • I can not thinks of anything to fit in here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Angelic/Demon Wolf/Dragon
  • Coloring: light Brown, with bit of golden streaks
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: Average build
  • Currently: Happy New Year!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
My grades weren't good but were just enough to pass.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

For Character Description please PM me

Offline Bampot

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Build: Fluffy
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »
I was a slacker and didn't do my homework, but I did well enough on test to even it out and get passing grades. I was a bit more series about school my last two years, but it wasn't enough to save my GPA, which was 2.5. Makes me feel bad to look back and the only thing bringing me down was just not doing simple homework. I did awesome in college, which is a bit more for me. I prefer having a large test now and then and just spending class time focusing on the subject.

Offline Khelan

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolfy
  • Coloring: Light gray and slightly darker grey
  • Height: 1.83 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Lightly built, slick and agile.
  • Currently: IM A MELTING POT OF FRIENDSHIP!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »
Before Highschool i managed to get quite good grades, but i guess i was lucky because i wasent realy trying to hard. Nowadays i keep my grades around the avarage of 4.
I guess its allright, i mean first year of Highschool everyone slack, and i have realy dropped down a few points, but nothing realy significant.  XP
But aslong as school is interesting there is nothing stopping me getting good grades, except maybe for the teachers @.@
“You speak of destiny as if it was fixed.” – Philip Pullman, The Golden Compass

Will I ever be something with feelings to hide? Or am I just a boiler with nothing inside?

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 12:35:53 AM »
I was average....for most classes anyways 60-70s my best classes that were 80+ were Tech courses...which was metal shop and auto shop.....then again they were two of my fave classes...I got to sawzall a Toyota Corolla in two....with teachers permission! I also worked on car engines and other stuff in that class....as well as drivetrain and brake stuff..by far my fave class in High School. next was metal shop...I machined the parts(No CNC involved) and built up a steam/air powered single cylinder engine....Wish I sill had it...it was fun to build and jsut as fun to watch it work....and I prefer the manual mills and lathes over CNC stuff...I like being in control of something I'm building