The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: In the forest  (Read 27725 times)

Offline Magicicada

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cicada Magicicada (feral)
  • Coloring: The regular 17 year cicada
  • Height: 1 in.
  • Weight: Not much....
  • Build: Feral
In the forest
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »
OOC: For this rp we will not need a description posted, instead you will describe your character as you write....a good writing exercise. If you are out of charcter, write "OOC". If you are in character write "IC". Now to begin:

IC: Magicicada whirred through the forest, her translucent wings glistened in the sunlight, and they fluttered gracefully over the tops of small trees. She landed gently on tiny dandelion, and relaxed her delicate frame. She steadied herself, and sat, basking in the sunlight, which made her smoothe black body shine. It was comfortable here. Her red eyes closed, and the little cicada began to drift off silently, feeling safe and at peace.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 03:46:30 PM by Magicicada »

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
  • the snow fox of the north
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: white and gray
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120 lbs
  • Build: In shape
Re: In the forest
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:44:11 PM »
IC:

as i lay on my back, basking the sun to make my tummy warm, i watch as a cicada lands on a dandelion not to far from me. thinking, "as a fox, i should catch it." but my tummy gave a sudden jolt as if to say, "no, stay here." i obey my warming tummy and stay, feeling as if there was not a trouble in the world.
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 02:35:58 AM »
Seeing a fox basking in the sun and thinks about going to say hi, but decides to keep walking down the trail. He sees a cicada on a dandelion. "I haven't seen one of those in a while."
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Magicicada

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cicada Magicicada (feral)
  • Coloring: The regular 17 year cicada
  • Height: 1 in.
  • Weight: Not much....
  • Build: Feral
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »
IC: Magicicada tossed and turned, and finally jumped awake with a start. Something or someone was there. She notices a fox and a panda....predators. She tries to fly away, yet her orange, translucent wings are hard as ice, frozen in fear. She waits anxiously, knowing danger is lurking in every corner.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
IC:

A sudden sense interrupts my peacefulness. i look up to see the cicada looking right at me, fear readable on every part of its minuscule body.
"Don't be afraid." i say, and roll over to warm my back, and i doze off to sleep.
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:57:55 PM »
He hears the fox speak softely to the cicada, and turns to look at the animal falling asleep over by the dandilion that houses the cicada. "Awwww. Look at her showing off." he chuckles to himself.

After a while, the panda turns around and continues to walk down the trail, noticing a slight change in the weather from a peaceful, sunny day to slight clouds starting to cover the area that is exposed.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:27:05 AM »
The darkly colored dragoness silently made her way through the trees on all fours. Though she usually preferred walking on her hind legs, she made an exception so as relax herself. Nyx looked up to the sky watching the clouds gather round, promising rain. Her scales gleamed a purple-ish black color as the remaining sunlight softly radiated through small holes within the canopy. Her wings shifted as she found a perfect spot to lie, a patch of flowers.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »
IC:

i see a great dragon approaching, though i know not to fear. besides, my fear would have been hidden with my fascination. "wow" i whisper quietly to my self, and smiling, fell back asleep.
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
((I normally use double-parentheses for OOC and I sorta like to place a profile for a 'limitation' on myself... but I'll just try to work with what I've got without it, since I normally like to stick with my pic in my FF Profile as 'me'. ))

Wandering along, letting his tails sweep from side to side as he just walked, a human-like two-tailed white wolf wearing black clothing quietly observes the scenery... taking in nature's beauty as he just walked without a reason.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 06:47:06 PM by Vosur »

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 04:35:55 PM »
(kk)

i poke my head up as the two tailed white wolf stands there.i notice the two tails, and i smile. "i still win" i say to myself, pulling my *3* tails closer.

(fyi: im in my fallen fox stage right now, so i have 3 tails, but most of the time i only have 1 as a snow fox, but when im just relaxing im in the fallen.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:12:29 PM by lynxfox101 »
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 06:30:54 AM »
He didn't seem to notice as he continued walking, just simply looking around as he did so.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 07:48:07 PM »
The panda suddently feels a raindrop. "Crap." he mutters to himself. He turns around to tell the wolf that is laying down that there is rain coming.

"Hey. Wake up," he continues, "you should really start heading home. There is rain coming real soon."
MySpace

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 08:55:32 PM »
She felt the first drop hit the tip of her snout. Nyx refused to leave nature that easily, so to block the rain, she extended one of her wings and used it as a home-made umbrella. She could smell the moisture in the air as she took in a deep breath and let out a relieved sigh. She knew that the other furs would more than likely scatter as she heard thunder rolling in the distance, lazily. She curled her long tail around a purple pansy and admired its beauty.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »
 omg i felt the drops coming, and i sensed that they were coming fast. thinking quick i made a dome out of grass, to kep myself dry and warm.
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 11:44:50 PM »
"Go!" The panda yelled. But wait...that poor cicada was still on the dandilion! "Here. Let me take you with me. I promise I won't hurt you." He quietly said as he took the cicada from the dandilion and gently held it in his soft, warm hands.
MySpace