The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: In the forest  (Read 28699 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: In the forest
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 06:37:43 AM »
He didn't seem to mind it at all due to being under trees. ((I'll probably add more when I'm more awake... I just woke up about 20 min ago))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 06:42:12 AM by Vosur »

Offline Magicicada

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cicada Magicicada (feral)
  • Coloring: The regular 17 year cicada
  • Height: 1 in.
  • Weight: Not much....
  • Build: Feral
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 04:02:19 PM »
IC:

Magicicada, still shaking, could barely control herself. Everything had happened so fast. Her ruby red eyes were wider than she had ever felt them. She must get out of the rain somehow. Yet strange as it seemed, as she was lifted into the warm hand, she felt suddenly at peace.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
He started running to his home in the woods, but never letting go of the small, helpless creature. "It's ok. I won't harm you." He said.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
  • the snow fox of the north
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: white and gray
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120 lbs
  • Build: In shape
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »
IC:

i watch as a panda grabs for the cicada. then it doesnt eat it, but speaks softly to it and runs into the forest to keep the poor cicada dry. " awww thats sweet of him." i take a deep breath and can smell the rain. its coming fast and hard. "well, im ready for it."
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 04:16:15 PM »
"I don't like eating poor things in need," he continued to the cicada, "I only like bamboo and leaves. Not bugs."

As he ran farthur up tthe trial, he felt like someone was following him, but he didn't turn around to see.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »
He was wet, but he didn't seem to mind as he just walked through it, only once in a while did he shake the water from off his body and two tails... but it wasn't very often.

Offline Magicicada

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cicada Magicicada (feral)
  • Coloring: The regular 17 year cicada
  • Height: 1 in.
  • Weight: Not much....
  • Build: Feral
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 08:12:54 PM »
OOC:

Hehe, pro magnum, that line reminded me of the "eats shoots and leaves" joke lol

IC:

The tiny cicada shifted her weight gently in the warmth of the panda's paw. She nodded her shiny charcoal head ever so slightly, all the while keeping a wary eye on the rest. She had seen far too many of her kind disappear without a trace, eaten by birds, dogs, cats....and humans. Those words struck fear into her little heart. It was a fear that reached down and knawed away at her insides. She breathed in deeply, sighing heavily. 'Well,' she thought, 'At least I am safe here...I think.'

Turning toward the panda, she stared, still slightly anxious, at his alarmingly gigantic features compared to her own. This was a quite overwhelming experience in general. Yet gathering a large amount of courage, she stood up slowly, cleared her throat, and finally spoke, "My dear Panda! Thank you for letting me take refuge in your palm."

She glanced around. Loud crackling sounds rose from the sky, and the wind blew as if angry and trying to rid the world of anything left on the ground. Rain poured down in great amounts, almost flooding the path ahead, and huge balls of hail fell.

"Oh, Panda!" she exclaimed with a start, "It looks as if there will be a storm! We must find shelter!"

A loud crash of thunder and a flash of lightning swept across the black sky as if confirming her statement, and suddenly came a whiring noise, as if a train were passing through. It was a strange sound that Magicicada had not recalled ever hearing before. She whirled around and gasped at the sight. Following closely behind them a tornado had begun to form.

Offline Karma

• Influential Ibex
  • the snow fox of the north
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: white and gray
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120 lbs
  • Build: In shape
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 08:42:41 PM »
IC:

peeking out of my so called shelter, i see a tornado appearing about 15 feet away from me. reacting, i jumped out of my spot and ran into the forest, and turned to the panda. "we must seek shelter, or we'll be destroyed."
forgotten forever,
I live alone.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 12:27:51 AM »
Smiling politely at the cicada and said, "Don't worry. You WILL be safe with me. We are going to place called....." Suddenly, he hears the the voice of the snow fox he saw earlier, and looking behind her, he witnessed a force that he, personally, had never experienced before.

"Is that what humans call, a tornado?" He asked the snow fox.
MySpace

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 12:47:34 AM »
Nyx stood on her hind legs as she heard a loud train-like whirring. Turning, she caught a glimpse of a tornado ripping up trees and the flowers in which she had been lying. Desperately, she tried her best to take flight.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 02:42:03 PM »
Instinct had kicked in when the air pressure severely droppped. "Why now?" He ran, using his sense to get himself to a nearby cave.. it was large and very sturdy, it would be more than adequate shelter for at least himself. "There must be others out there... but if they felt it as I have... then they should be trying to find shelter."

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 03:20:29 PM »
His cave was a very strong shelter against strong winds, but it might not hold up. "We're almost....there....." he stopped as he saw a wolf climbing into his cave.

"Hurry! Get it!" The blue panda yelled at the unknown wolf.
MySpace

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 06:49:46 PM »
The dragoness was only able to keep flight for a short amount of time before the debris and hail that was swirled within the wind began to weaken her. The tornado was closing in on her, and quickly... There was no way she was going to be able to escape this. Looking down, her sharp eyes picked out a group of furs who seemed like they were trying to find shelter. Nyx felt her wings becoming heavy with every stroke of her wings and the rain began to feel like needles embedding themselves into her skin. Suddenly, she was struck with a log that had been carried by the tornado's vicious winds... She felt herself hurdling toward the ground, and then finally... impact. Her body ached as her eyes lolled, trying to catch a glimpse of hope; and there was a little. There was a silhouette of a cave and other furs before everything began to be engulfed in darkness. Guess I didn't make it in time... she thought to herself as the winds around her increased.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • My blog.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 07:42:31 PM »
He heard a loud crash behind him. He saw a dragoness stuck under a log.

"Hurry! Go into the cave!" He told the cicada.

"Snow fox! Come help me get this dragoness out from under the log!"
MySpace

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »
He quickly and carefully caught hold of the cicada, then had set it inside, then turned around to assist the blue panda. "Grr... moments like these get my dandruff..."