The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 16184 times)

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »
Elizabeth growls. " it was taken because i was not of legal age to own the house... i dont want to talk about it ether."
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2012, 04:06:04 AM »
*max smiled* i thought you'd give him a better fight than taking one hit and being knocked out, as for your blade, he did technicly win it off you. he just paid the iron price. *he got up and looked down at jackal* so where is it you think we should go tough guy? cos last i checked it's the middle of the night and you're without warm enough clothes to go far without freezing. so unless you plan on running to the doctors and fetching the clothes his wife is mending for you with just your pants and that blanket i had on you, you're not going anywhere.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Joao

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »
Jackal climbed on top of a wooden table.
"Let's get this straight. I do whatever I want, when I want. I can survive any weather that comes my way. Heh, I slept through a blizzard with only my socks, not bad huh?." He said beginning to walk along the table and jumped down, when he reached the edge.
"If you were in my shoes you would also say he threw a pretty darn lucky punch. It's going to be a whole new deal next time, I'll tell you. I'm going to give that guy a beating like he never seen." Jackal pretend to throw punches at the air.
"Are my trousers finished, yet?"

Joao walked through freezing cold night looking for a place to stay. He scaned around to make sure no one was in sight as he created a fire ball in his hand to warm himself.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:28:59 AM by Joao »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »
if you wern't wearing trousers you wouldn't be in the same room as me. it's your shirt and cloak getting fixed. you sure that blow didn't knock your brain out of place? oh. and you have part of your dinner stuck yo your boot. *max smirked more and grabbed the blanket, throwing it over jackal's head without looking* must be the best damn blade in the world your after, and hell, it'll be fun watching that oaf slap you again. come on, the doctor normaly get's up around this time to check on his over night patients.

((sorry if max seams like a bit of an ass.....it's just in his character XD))
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »
Rachel went back to work, flattening her ears.  Plans had started to form, but they'd take time to execute.  'Friends or not, you've done worse.  Moment she's gone, start checking entrances.'  The scent of rabbit filled the air.  Rachel went to work on making an appetiser, running off things she'd seen in Ms Smithy's kitchen.  If her prior experience with a knife and stove was anything to go by though, well, she hoped she wouldn't burn them to solid ash.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
Elizabeth looked over at Rachel. "one question..... you do know how to cook dont you...?  because if its even slightly burnt or over done she throws a fit... such a picky pallet she has..."
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »
Rachel winced.  "Vaguely.  I've never lived in a proper home, and Ms Smithy prefered I didn't try.  If I did any work with her, it was stoking the fire and cleaning."  She carefully cut the chicken up for soup, carrots, celery, onions, and garlic set nearby for their turn.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
"ah.. would you rather do that here.... because those flavors will not mix correctly if you add them  at the wrong times and ammounts.... the dry garlic would be better in the soup... unless you want to overpower the carrots and potatoes and celery....." Elizabeth did not know why she was even helping this girl... it might be because she kind of felt sorry for her.... just might be...

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
Rachel nodded, setting the knife down.  "I'd rather not burn it to ash."  She walked over to the wood pile, just inside the door.  It was nearly as tall as she was.  She grabbed an armload of the split pieces and walked back over to the iron stove.  Embers flew up as she tossed them in and closed the door.  She grabbed the broom a moment later.  "I wonder how Ms Smithy is doing."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »
**a little while later the soup is beginning to simmer making it smell wonderful in the kitchen. Elizabeth is stiring the soup, the kicthen looks cleaner than she has ever seen it*

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »
Rachel contiued to clean the floors, bucket nearby and scrub brush in hand.  She'd tried once before to leave.  Pain had made it impossible to breathe, let alone walk.  Now, she worked with a zoned-out expression.  Had she not been forced to work as a slave, she may have enjoyed the work, without Tabitha looming in another room of course.  "Is the soup and rabbit done?  Smells it."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
just about done. a few more min. the rabbit still isnt tender enough.... she still causing you pain? you look a little uncomfortable." Elizabeth cant help but smile at that. she knew full well what tabatha was doing to the poor girl. she had done it to her the first several months of her joing up with her. it was horrid but elizabeth can help but smile at the fact that this girl was ecentally getting the same treatment that she did.

Offline Joao

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
"Docter? I don't actually have enough money to see one."
Jackal said.

Joao sat upon a bench in a park shivering.
"C-cold..." He struggled to keep his eyes open, but he collapse from exhaustion.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:28:40 AM by Joao »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2012, 07:57:19 PM »
"Docter? Why are we going to see the stupid docter anyways?"
Jackal asked.

Joao sat upon a bench in a park shivering.
"C-cold..." He struggled to keep his eyes open, but he collapse from exhaustion.

(I'm not posting a reply, just some imformation. First of all, Jackal IS still wearin A shirt; he still has that sleeveless mithril-enlaced shirt on. Secondly, I'd suggest fixing your post a bit, Joao, because I'm pretty sure that, no matter what kind of street rat Jackal is, he'd be smart enough to know that if you have a cut with stitches in it, you've gotta see a doctor. Also... um... you're... you're not really playing the right sort of "tough" right now... it's kind of coming off like EVIL tough guy who's cocky, not nice tough guy with a soft side, which is the kind of guy Jackal is. Sorry if this is a bit rude, but I'm just telling the truth. So... could you perhaps tone it down just a bit, please?)
(Okay, Aldrea, I will.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:27:55 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »
(Cif, please post in the OOC next time.  That's what it's for.)

Rachel soaked the brush again, sleeves rolled up to her elbows.  "What do you think?  At least it's not as bad as before."