The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 16179 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »
Jacob walked over to his table, and was rather surprised that it was set, but he was even more surprised that Rachel hadn't gone mad from the pain. Sure it wasn't that much compared to the ones caused by his own magical mishaps, but it wasn't just a major headache either. "So has Elizabeth received any formal training in cooking, or did you just whip her when it didn't meet your self-established standards?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »
Tabitha chuckled.  "Oh, a bit of both.  It's not hard to get Gyrus to play nasty when I want him to."  She sat in one of the chairs, setting her napkin on her lap.  "Elizabeth, you may have the usual bread and milk.  Under the child learns to stop fighting, she will starve.  And do tell those rats at the door to stop begging.  It's unbecoming."

Rachel stood by as a servant throughout the meal by Tabitha's orders.  Her mind, however, was not on her work.  Since they'd served, she'd been formulating plans to get out.  Few had any sense to them, but it never hurt to plan (Used to anyway).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:17:17 AM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
*max watched jacal run off aheadand sighed* he reminds me to much of joseth, hope they don;t meet the same fate, for his sake. *he followed at a calm strole, making jackal wait for him as a way to get back at him for running off ahead, fanally catching up and continuing* you coming or are you out of steam after your little run? *he kept walking, spotting someone either asleep or dead on a bench up ahead*

((yea i can understand that, not that it's much of a house. if you look back you'll see he's living in a greenhouse on top of a building))
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2012, 05:58:07 AM »
Jacob hid some of his portions, thankful that the chorus wasn't in his head, but not sure why such a thing was worth his gratitude. He simply wasn't sure how long ago she got a meal of her own, and wanted to be sure of how long she went without food. "Tabitha, the Darkness tends to alter more than just the original target area. In future punishments, please take into account that the next time she wakes up, her body may require food just to survive the change necessary to be a better servant. I used to be a scrawny whelp who could not carry more than three tomes, now the sword you see me carry is very light in my hands."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Joao

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
Jackal snapped out of his daydream.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" He called as he jumped out of the tree and speed walked to meet up with Max. Jackal places his paws behind his head. "I had plenty of time to rest when I waited for you." Jackal looked away when he didn't expected himself saying something rudely.
"...Sorry that I left you back there. Leaving others is kinda a bad habit of mine." He grinned. Jackal also notices someone lying on the bench. He stopped in front of Joao and tilted his head sideways. "Hey, are you alright?" Jackal reached for him.

Joao jolted awake.
"Who's there?" he said followed by a cough.
Jackal stepped back and looks at Max concerned. Joao continues to cough, when he stops he looks at both of them.
Joao struggled to stand on his feet.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2012, 09:38:54 AM »
*max looked across to jackal and sighed* if you want him to come then your carrying him if he can't walk. *was all he said before starting to walk again, stopping a few feet away and sighing again remembering jackal's wound* if he really can't walk i guess i'll carry him so the doctor doesn't freak out if you bust a stitch.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
Tabitha smiled.  "Oh, dear.  You're so cute when you care.  She's a minor street rat though.  Hardly a thing to care about.  As soon as she's served her purpose, I'll drop her off a cliff or something.  Something fun.  Maybe even show you how my venom works."  She dipped her spoon in the soup again.

Rachel had taken to dusting the dishes in the cupboards as she waited, one ear swiveled their way.  They flattened momentarily at Tabitha's words, but she said nothing. 

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »
"Miss, my i inquire when we shall be leaving, so i can get everyting ready?" Elizabeth glances around a bit annoyed and tired. she wanted to go to sleep. the good thing when Tabitha wasnt around was she could do things on her time. she hated being thrown off of her rutine. she was supposed to have been asleep at least a half an hour ago.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »
Jacob shook his head as Tabitha downplayed the significance. "Since you have come by for my assistance, I might as well forewarn you of the future that this 'minor street rat' now has due to her fusion with Darkness. While I may not know how this energy arrived to this world, I do know that it thrives by coercing its "children" to work together to spread its influence. Soon your will won't be necessary for her cooperation, as she will start to see us as siblings rather than strangers."

He put his bowl to the side to show his unfinished portions, and gestured to Rachel. "I find it better to get used to the transition rather than fight it at every step. So Rachel, I know you have yet to tell me your name, but you may come over and have my scraps..."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
Rachel turned, surprised, and edged closer.  She stopped and took a step back in pain as Tabitha's orders forced her otherwise.  "I still have to deal with her orders.  Thank you though."

Tabitha went back to sipping her soup.  "Elizabeth, make sure the chores are done first.  Then you may leave.  As for you child, when you learn, you will eat.  Sorry dear Jacob, but I would rather she follows through."

Offline Joao

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »
Jackal mouth dropped as Max started to walk off.
"Huh? You can't just leave without-" He was interrupted when Joao collapsed upon him.
"Hey! Get off of me! I will not be used as a pillow."  Jackal said as he began to drag Joao along the path. He saw Max stop in his tracks.
"Alright. you can carry him."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2012, 07:15:14 AM »
*max turned and lifted the stranger onto his shoulder* come on, and don't run off this time or i'll point you in the wrong direction. *he started walking off again quietly* and this guy had better not vomit on me!

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
"yes ma'am." Elizabeth walks off and upstairs to the small bedroom. she knew full well she was going to get hell for this but she was exausted. she fell onto the bed and slept.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
Jacob nodded, then got out of his chair and walked over to Tabitha. He whispered into her ear to make sure that Rachel didn't get any ideas of what he would say. "Just make sure she doesn't die. The darkness that binds us together has a purpose for her." He then went silent for a few seconds while thinking something over. "So do I have permission to travel with you during my week of "relaxation"?"

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
Tabitha seemed intrigued, but decided to save the conversation.  "Of course dear.  It'd be lovely to have another on  the journey."  She dabbed at her mouth, finished with her meal, and motioned Rachel toward her.  "Clean the table and dishes.  I want them spotless."  Rachel sighed and did as she said, tired from the long day.  She carefully stacked them in her arms, careful not to let them topple.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:13:03 AM by Aldrea945 »