The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 16194 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
Tabitha hissed, tongue flicking angrily.  "Do not disobey me Elizabeth.  You know the consequences."

The wagon wheels hurried over the cobblestone, horses' hooves clacking in time with each other.  Lights passed by beside them, beggars huddled around fires.  Lights were already out in windows as those with homes set in for the night.  High above the street, theives did the same, scurrying to their hiding holes and blankets.  Tabitha smiled as she watches the scene pass by.

Just one day closer to being hers.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2012, 03:03:16 AM »
first, you are in what i call home, you break anything and you can sleep outside. second you got your butt kicked and wounded. then passed out from shock and bloodloss. and third i'm the guy that for unknown reasons bothered to drag you half way across town, get you fixed up and then drag you here up the side of a three story building, you're free to thank me at any point.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2012, 03:35:51 AM »
Jackal looked up at the man in awe. "Thank you," he said, slowly moving into a sitting position. He sighed. "That man had no honor. To cheat in a battle of blades is an unforgivable crime. ESPECIALLY when, after cheating, the person in question also steals one of the victim's most valued possesions... and attepts to pull their pants down."
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
well in all honesty that's not really cheating. and it's more likely he just took the shiny' thing. so, going to fight with that thing on your shoulders more before someone does you a favour and removes it? *max gets up and walks over to a small bucket, pulling a small strip of salted meat out of it and biting it* i'll get a fire started if you want to cook some of the meat. that or you can wait till the morning when we go bck so the doctor can check up on your shoulder.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »
Elizabeth goes back to trying to undo danny's bonds and she finally does, the ice feeling has not let up at all as she harshly and tightly re-ties her bonds.

"I-I.. I'm f-finished miss. ma-may you p-please stop t-the ice... please... Im s-sorry miss.. i-i i wont disobey you a-again
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
well in all honesty that's not really cheating. and it's more likely he just took the shiny' thing. so, going to fight with that thing on your shoulders more before someone does you a favour and removes it? *max gets up and walks over to a small bucket, pulling a small strip of salted meat out of it and biting it* i'll get a fire started if you want to cook some of the meat. that or you can wait till the morning when we go bck so the doctor can check up on your shoulder.
Jackal shook his head. "No thank you, I'm not that hungry. Actually, I ate something earlier. Perhaps in the morning." He gently drew his knees up to his chest and rested his head on them. "Well, to tell you the truth, the knife isn't really that important of a loss. I have many. I just carry it around because... well, because it's something my dad touched... something he used." He looked up at Max. "Usually, I just use my main dagger in combination with my sword."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:21:06 AM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2012, 11:17:12 PM »
Tabitha hissed again, dropping the temperature still lower.  Rachel groaned and opened her eyes.  Tabitha smiled.  "Ah, you're awake child.  I didn't expect you up yet."

Rachel looked over at her sleepily, wincing as they hit a bump.  She felt like there was fire in her veins instead of blood.  "Where are we going?"  Her breath came in short gasps and her vision wavored.  Tabitha tsked.

"You are going back to sleep dear.  It seems you've run a fever.  Must be alergic to venom."  Rachel's eyes closed again, cold forcing her to sleep again.

The carriage sped along the streets for a few minutes more, turning corner after corner.  Finally, the horses slowed to stop in front of a large brownstone, windows aglow with candle light and snow heeped on the roof.  Gyrus leaned against the door, a stolen horse tied nearby.  The driver opened the door, helping Tabitha to the ground.  "Get the child Elizabeth.  We have business with an old friend."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:49:17 PM by Aldrea945 »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »
Jacob had several candles around his table as he looked over his journal. The handwriting was getting harder to read as the entries continued, but he had already gone through more than half the book and absorbed whatever he could from the writing. He knew that at some point in the past, he had discovered something that had driven him to such lengths that the writing held more emotion than information.

Jacob passed a glance at all the tomes and jars that were part of his research rituals, and let out a sigh as the longing for discovery once again took hold of his heart. He wished he could just give up on this search for "Darkness" and go back to gathering knowledge, but some sick sense of nobility insisted that he must first find this "Darkness" that he had written with such disgust for.

He then heard the sound of horses getting close to his home before stopping, prompting him to at least get his blade and be prepared to greet his visitors in whatever fashion is deemed appropriate.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2012, 02:52:10 AM »
Elizabeth clenched her teeth against the cold and did as she was bidden without question or hesitation. if the others were here they would finally understand why her hands and her skin were always so cold to the touch. Tabitha. 'Tabitha... such a horrid name.. fits perfectly with that nasty she snake. i should never have agreed to this.. i haven't gotten my house back... I'm a lowly errand girl now...' she growls a bit but stops when she notices that she did that out loud.

Elizabeth hopped out of the carage and re rapped Danny in the thin blanket and put her over her shoulder and helped Tabitha out of the carrage.
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2012, 03:19:14 AM »
*max sighed softly and finished the strip of meat* you should never carry a weapon you cannot use, it's nothing more than dead weight, sentimental or not. *he reached over to the thin silk bag proped up against a large flower pot, the single shoulder strap made of a thin black leather, the rest a dark gray* all my worldly posesions are in here, all of them from my past and not one of them i can't use to it's full potential.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 01:58:09 PM »
Tabitha led the way to the door, velvet cloak easily seen in against the snow.  Gyrus moved out of the way, moving to the bottom of the stairs.  His jester grin might have scared anyone on the street, if they took the time to look past the lankiness of his body.  Jackal's sword hung in a loop beside his own knife, strapped to his leg to keep in still.  A small leather cord kept it securely in the sheath.

Tabitha rung the bell, the sound chiming through the halls and rooms.  "Oh, that boy had best not leave us in the cold.  I don't have time for anymore problems."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »
Jacob hefted his blade up and walked towards the door as the sound of the bell passed through the halls. He looked through the small opening in the door, and swiftly opened the door, and would have likely hit Tabitha if she wasn't already away from the door. "To what pleasure do I owe, to have the scaled temptress Tabitha come to my humble abode?" He put his sword down to the side and gestured inside. "Bring your associates in, but I must insist you keep your jester away from my books. It was hard enough getting any literature in these times, let alone texts of actual significance."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
*max sighed softly and finished the strip of meat* you should never carry a weapon you cannot use, it's nothing more than dead weight, sentimental or not. *he reached over to the thin silk bag proped up against a large flower pot, the single shoulder strap made of a thin black leather, the rest a dark gray* all my worldly posesions are in here, all of them from my past and not one of them i can't use to it's full potential.
"I know," Jackal said. "I try to use it... you know, live up to my dad's standards... whatever they were. However, I can't use it any better than my other knives or my sword." He pulled out his dagger- a curved affair with a silvery blade and a black handle with a straight, oval-shaped crosspiece and some sort of blue stone in the pommel. He spun it in his hand faster than most could comprehend. "I'm best with any weapon I carry... be it the sword, any of my knives, or my bare hands."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:22:26 AM by Cifero Windtail »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2012, 04:03:44 AM »
*max openrd the bag and slowly pulled his sheathed swrd out, the handle red with black fabric wraped around it looking like a demented spiders web, the guard more of a 13 pointed shuriken, the sheath a deep, almost back red, the blade inside black with a blood red cutting edge* this is my main weapon. and it's sisters *he retreaved four smaller blades, in their sheathes looking like nothing more than black one and a half foot long lengths of wood, each with a matching blade to the sword* are nothing more than extensions of me when i use them. that is why i can aford to be cocky going into a fight, cos i go in with five extensions of me made from metel from another world, not mere weapons such a you carry.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
Jackal stopped spinning his dagger and looked up at Max. "I see," he said. "Well... didn't know we had something in common." He held out his dagger to for Max to see. "This is comprised partly of Stygian iron and mithril, and the blade is made out of a special mixure of mithril and steel that only I know how to create. The stone's main purpose is to keep the blade balanced. And when I made this, I mixed in a few drops of my own blood, to show that it was my own. It accidentally enchanted the blade so that it can never leave my possesion for any longer than five seconds, and only I can use it properly. In the hands of anyone else, it's just a hunk of metal. Even the most accomplished swordsman wouldn't be able to cut through a hot stick of butter with this, much less fight with it. But in my hands, it's like your blades... an extension of myself made of metal. Only in this case, it's almost much more so." He slipped the knife away. "I'm good with the other knives too... but frankly, I work best when I'm using a combination of any of my knives and my sword and my hands and feet and tail and energy pulses." He looked up at Serpington. "I should also mention this... those other knives used to belong to other men... evil men. But it's rather hard for a dead man to own anything postmortem." He sighed. "On second thought, maybe I am a bit hungry..."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:23:13 AM by Cifero Windtail »