The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fight Against Darkness  (Read 16180 times)

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • B3 l00k1n L1k3 D4ng H3'2 Fly
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon with feathered wings
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
  • Height: 5' 10''
  • Weight: 120lbs
  • Build: alletically built
  • Currently: Nursing a cracked spine and busted right hip
Re: Fight Against Darkness
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
Elizabeth grumbled and slid out of bed the humming in her brain was starting to piss her off. that only used to happen when Tabitha was in a bit of a scrape.. she knew it wasnt her. she threw on her things and slipped out following the buzzing. "Rachel? sweety? where did you go?! " she started expanding her mind searching for the other humming black energy. there was something blocking her... some softer energy. oozing with a comforting glow. she growled, it made her remember what it was like in her house...reminded her of her mothers air she carried around her. She took off towaRds that direction. she slid to a stop in the street next to a building. there were two figures on the roof.

"Ray? lad are you up there? the Misses is looking for you."
  • Signature art by: me
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »
The dragon looked down at the girl calling out for 'Ray', and smirked. "I can see her imprint as well..." He then turned to Rachel and gave her a pat on the back. "You got three options: Go to the girl, and likely back to whoever bound you. Or you could reject the cards fate has dealt you and die to spare yourself the coming madness. Then there is myself, who not only understands the magic holding your mind, but can ward away the darkness it brings. Of course you could go with her and I would still watch over you... but it is not my place to decide your fate."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes, purple and blue hair to her mid back purple and blue scales on her body
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2012, 02:57:31 AM »
Elizabeth growled slightly under her breath before looking back up and smiling.* "sir.. please.. with you let the lad come back down.. we really need to get back to the house before the misses gives both of us a thrashing..."
you can always return to the land of goodness. the road is paved with many challenges, but the most rewarding paths are not always the easiest.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2012, 03:15:24 AM »
*max carried the stranger to the docters, making sure jackal keps up. we get there and i quickly talk to the doctor, getting the stranger looked at while i wait outside, jackal with the doctors wife while she tends to his stitches*
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #244 on: June 17, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »
Rachel took a step back, mulling the options over.  The second option was out of the question.  She would find a way to survive, maybe thrive, regardless of the circumstances.  She had to.  But going back or joining this stranger were not particularly fun options either.  "How do I know if you are any better?"
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »
The dragon chuckled, shrugging his shoulders before looking back down again. "I'm going to say you're more clever than I give credit for, and admit that anything I do right now does not prove that I can be better than whoever put you in this situation to begin with. What I am saying, is that regardless of whether you go back or keep moving, I'll be at your side." He then walked towards the other roof and stopped as he reached the end of this roof. "If we stick to the roofs, most of the riff-raff won't even see us passing by on our way to the docks."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2012, 07:00:02 PM »
this is getting to far out of hand... Tabitha is not going to want to be interrupted..... Elizabeth scales the side of the building with some difficulty but it can be seen she has has at least some pratice doing so. "Ray.. please.. we..we should be getting back...." She glances over her shoulder towards the house. "you can go off on your own as soon as she leaves port again.. "

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
Rachel narrowed her eyes.  "She's more likely to kill us than leave us here alone.' She glanced at the older man, still uncertain.

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
"... well.. i-i..." she really could not think of a counter for that. ti was true... this time... well Tabitha would find some way to make both of them eather go with her or die if they stayed behind.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »
Jacob and Tabitha were cuddling each other in bed, sharing the soothing calm between fits of passion. Jacob however, did not wish to simply let the moment take its' course, and decided to speak up. "Tabitha, I've been doing some planning on gathering more "family". I originally intended to go by myself, but since you arrived, I've realized that with your will bolstering my magic... we could bring in an army in a matter of weeks, maybe even days!" He noticed her looking out the door with some annoyance, as if she knew someone left the house.

"For someone so demanding of those she considered 'lesser', you have quite the attachment to those two..." he teased, not knowing if she even heard him or not.

"Well, she can't kill you from this distance." The dragon casually interjected. "Though she has a connection to one of you, she lacks the practiced magical sense to divine your exact location. If she wanted to kill you, she would need enough power to level this entire block in order to make sure that she actually hit you. Even better, the farther away you are... the harder it is to locate you."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:32:14 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »
Tabitha snorted.  "I have no attachment to those two.  They are nothing but servants.  As for more family, we should still stagger it.  I don't like having too many to watch at once."  She stetched.  "Now, what to do with you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel raised an eyebrow.  "How DO you know about all of this?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Jacob smirked. "I can understand if you're talking about Miss Elizabeth... but Rachel is a different story. But I'll leave the subject alone until we're far enough away from the house..." He said as she stretched.

'Now, what to do with you?'

He gave a slight shrug. "I can go as long as you want me to... likely even further."

The dragon's grin got larger as he considered his words. "If I were to use logic, it would be that since she cannot bind your will to her own without help, she is not a capable practitioner of arcana. But the real question you're asking is who I am... and the answer is simple: I am your Guardian."

Offline Kaya

• Quizzical Quail
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »
elizabeth sighed and started back t the house. if rachel got eaten.. well it was her fault. might as well go get tabitha... she did not want to be blamed for this...

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2012, 01:12:25 AM »
Jacob smirked. "I can understand if you're talking about Miss Elizabeth... but Rachel is a different story. But I'll leave the subject alone until we're far enough away from the house..." He said as she stretched.

'Now, what to do with you?'

He gave a slight shrug. "I can go as long as you want me to... likely even further."

The dragon's grin got larger as he considered his words. "If I were to use logic, it would be that since she cannot bind your will to her own without help, she is not a capable practitioner of arcana. But the real question you're asking is who I am... and the answer is simple: I am your Guardian."

Tabitha flipped him on his back.  "I have no attachment to either.  It would be of no consequence to me to dispose of both."  She setted her rump on his stomach.  "As soon as the three of us have no use for them, they'll be just two more bodies in the gutter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel circled warily.  Guardian?  Stalker more likely.  "I'll think about that.  I don't want to rush anything, particularly with strangers."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2012, 01:57:51 AM »
Jacob didn't feel like pressing the issue, knowing that eventually Tabitha will treat Rachel as at least an annoying little sister rather than a lowly slave. However, that statement did warrant some further teasing. "So with all the magical knowledge I possess, I was only asked to make an obedient and expendable servant. Are you underestimating my magical ability, or were you just using her as a reason to visit me?" His hands traveled down her sides and stopped at her bottom.

"You already know my name, you've just been too angry at me to let it be said. Once you've said my name, I'll have no need to stalk you..." The dragon just stood there with his hands behind his back, and his grin would almost seem smug if his tone wasn't so calm and familiar.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:22:27 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »