The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A question for Canines and Felines  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
A question for Canines and Felines
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
So I think we can all agree that there are a lot of canine and feline fursonas... I have asked myself this quite a few times and I wonder what you guys would answer to the same question...

If your fursona could not be of the family it is currently, what species would it be?
So foxes may not choose a canine species, all cats may not choose a feline species. For a harder challenge: both of you may not choose either of these.

This question also goes to the rest of you that are not canines or felines; if you could not be your current species, and not the ones mentioned, then what?

Code: [Select]
[[b] [/b]] Canine [[b] [/b]] Feline
[b]Current species[/b]:
[b]Why this/these[/b]:
[b]If I had to choose another, it would be[/b]:
[b]Why I think so[/b]:

[ ] Canine [X] Feline
Current species: My own, based on the snow leopard with a bit of red panda mixed in.
Why this/these: I wanted to make my own unique fursona, but based it on one of my favourite animals. There's no question that feline fits me the most however.
If I had to choose another, it would be: Rabbit, sloth, capybara, kakapo and many others
Why I think so: It would have to be something fluffy and fun. Rabbits are adorable for starters, with long ears and weird faces. Sloths are darn cute, slow, chill and sweet. Capybaras are snuggly and love to swim, and kakapos are just awesome in every way. There are many species I like and these are just a few off the top of my head.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
Re: A question for Canines and Felines
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
[ ] Canine [x ] Feline
Current species: Diamond Lynx (canadian lynx)
Why this/these: I always liked seeing the lynx at the zoo, they're my favorite animal. I added the diamond prefix and features to reflect my love for shinys and jewels :3
If I had to choose another, it would be: Gorgon
Why I think so: Part snake which is cool and can turn people to stone with a gaze, thats pretty awesome.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
[ ] Canine [X] Feline
Current species: Cat/dragon
Why this/these: Cats and dragons both seem to fit my personality well, and neither felt right by themselves.
If I had to choose another, it would be: Just a full dragon (if that's an option), chinchilla, dinosaur, or crayfish.
Why I think so: I love them. :P I think they're cool animals.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
[X ] Canine [ ] Feline

Current species: Husky

Why this/these: Well pretty simple... I'm a therian who shares my soul with a husky soul... So therefore, my fursona is a husky!

If I had to choose another, it would be: It would be quite hard... But if I forget the fact I'm a therian, I would probably have chose to be a dragon.

Why I think so: From 13 to 15, that it before I became furry, I always liked dragons. I would search for dragon pictures, put them in my iPod, make them as my computer wallpaper and I drew one drawing piece in my whole life which was a human/dragon kind of god. So... I could say that dragons would have been my second choice if I didn't discover my therian part.
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »
[X] Canine [ ] Feline

Current species: Wolf dragon (Wolgon).

Why this/these: I at first started out with a wolf character, but soon found that there were far too many of those for my liking. So while I liked wolves a lot, I also found that dragons were pretty cool too and thus decided to make a hybrid character.

If I had to choose another, it would be: Venus Fly Trap, Demon, Paranormal Transparent, Butterfly, Weasel, Ferret, Marmot, Dragon, Octopus, Chameleon, Wyvern, and Kangaroo.

Why I think so:

Venus Fly Traps are one of the few species of plants that can eat protein supplements, and they are pretty scary looking <3.
Demons are a given, I mean a demon can be anything they want to be, essentially almost a shapeshifter.
Paranormal Transparent just means a ghost creature that can move wherever it pleases.

Butterflies are probably my favorite bug of any bug to be chosen, beautiful and has a unique life cycle.

Weasels are such mischievious creatures with cunning charms that make me love them all the more.

Ferrets are about the same as weasels to me, but I think they are probably the cuter of the two evils.
Marmots to me look like a gopher and squirrel hybrid, minus the fluffy tail and are pretty hard to spot, they hide very well, I like spies!
Dragons given that I previously said that I loved both wolves and dragons, this is self-explanatory. The ability to fly anywhere, breathe fire, and have a pretty thick hide to prevent early demise to other predators is a plus in my book.

Octopus is generally a horribly presented type of character that involves a fetish for tentacles. I personally find octopi to be a very interesting aquarian species as their intellect is actually pretty advanced, they have both a great defense and offense in the ocean.

Chameleons honestly what could a reptilian fan not love about these? They can change colors to express emotions, stress, or to blend in with their surroundings. Have unique gripping arms, have a generally calm and relaxed behavior. The tails are probably one of my favorite parts as they enable the chameleons another method to grip branches.

Wyverns seem to be a fairly difficult dragon lore to come to find in terms of cryptozoological visual samples, generally known to be a sea-variant of the dragons though I think they are very interesting especially if some scientific evidence has been known to suggest that it was a possible dinosaur that had survived for a great amount of time after its predecessors died.

Kangaroos a very strange mammal from Australia that I find to be pretty adorable in general, though I have heard it is definitely best to avoid those strong legs from kicking you. I like the tail and leg structure.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:26:04 PM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf or a Jackal/Hyena hybrid. Pick.
  • Coloring: Glitch - Grey with purple accents. Cyan eyes. Axis - Golden-ish. Cream underbelly. Dark reddish-brown mane/hair. Green eyes.
  • Height: Glitch - 5'8" Axis - 6'2"
  • Weight: Glitch - 180 lbs. Axis - 210 lbs.
  • Build: Glitch - Pudgy, some lean muscle in legs. Axis - Solidly muscular, but not too defined.
  • Currently: Lovey dovey, in need of things. :V
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »
[X] Canine [  ] Feline
Current species: Wolf or a Jackal/Hyena hybrid
Why this/these: Wolf because I was, at the time, too lazy to draw anything else and because I wanted to get popular on dA (grade 6).  The Jackal/Hyena hybrid was made at random. 
If I had to choose another, it would be: Snow Leopard or a Sergal
Why I think so: Favorite Animal, man.  And Sergals are just...  Mmmmph. <3

Offline Nikolai the Lynx

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • I am friendly and a good listener.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canadian Lynx
  • Coloring: Silvery-brown (In summer reddish brown)
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Build: Lean, but furry.
  • Currently: Getting things sorted out.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »
[] Canine [X ] Feline
Current species:Canadian Lynx
Why this/these: I liked the look of them and their general temperment and personality fits mine reasonably well.
If I had to choose another, it would be: Probably a Hippogryph or Gryphon.
Why I think so: They are epic in all senses of the word. Also I see my personality fitting perfectly with that of a Hippogryph or Gryphon.

(Hippogryph can be spelled Hippogriff too)
(Gryphon can be spelled Griffin or Griffon too)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:18:44 PM by nikolai180393 »

"You want to lead? Then Learn to follow." Game of Thrones

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 12:33:36 AM »
Well, I'll just base this off my fursona and not my other characters (and I won't pick anything my other characters are either).

[X] Canine [ ] Feline
Current species: Werepyre (vampire/werewolf hybrid).
Why this/these: I love vampires and werewolves, just the whole mythology and everything. They're both interesting types of creatures that aren't like normal animals. Werewolves also give the opportunity to be canine looking, and canines are my favorite (even though I love all animals).
If I had to choose another, it would be: Red panda, ferret, bearded dragon, otter, and a ton of others.
Why I think so: They're just animals that I find interesting/cute and could fit parts of my personality.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:22:38 AM »
I'll use my main character for this:

Canine
Current specie: White wolf
Reason: I chose this since I felt it was close to myself in the way I'd act and behave.
Another choice: I'd probably go for a raccoon as a secondary choice.
Why: Well, I've been known to do a lot of things with my hands and raccoons are notorious for that.

Offline Oxvy

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Killer mode.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
  • Coloring: Gold-brown/Purple
  • Height: 1.85m
  • Weight: 102 KG
  • Currently: Tonight we strike with none of our might! ~Worst leader in history of men.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
[X] Canine [] Feline
Current species: Dog
Why this/these: Dogs, I love them. Energetic and playfull.
If I had to choose another, it would be: A bear or hawk, maybe a hybrid of those 2.
Why I think so: A bear is has a strong body, making it a creature that can withstand hits. I'd like to think I can too. And a hawk because its a expert hunter of its pray...