The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Game You Played  (Read 32963 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Rate The Last Game You Played
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10:06 AM »
Dishonored - 6.5/10

Long-winded review incoming.

I have very mixed feelings about this game. I really wanted to like it, and it did a lot of things right, but there were a few big things that kept me from enjoying it.

The characters were very good, the story was at least half decent, and I liked the concepts behind it. Some of the weapons and powers were pretty fun, and I liked how versatile the game can be depending on the choices you make.

The game wasn't quite what I had hoped it would be though. I wasn't a fan of the first person perspective, but I pretty much always prefer third person games. The overall appearance of the game wasn't as dark and grungy as it should have been either, to better suit the dark and violent story. Everything looked a little too bright and cartoony to me.

But what I really hated was the stealth. Or lack thereof, I guess. I really, really wanted to play my first time through trying not to kill people, and I wanted to get the happy ending. Instead, I spent 90% of the game being frustrated because nothing ever worked the way it should have, and it was infuriating.

Guards can sometimes miraculously spot you even when you should damn well be hidden from their view. If you accidentally alert one guard, not only do the closest nearby guards come attack you, but practically every other single guard in the entire level is after you all at once. And if you try to hide, they somehow still magically know exactly where you are half the time. The instruction booklet for the game also specifically says that you can throw grenades or bottles or whatever to draw a guard's attention to that place, but every time I tried it they went in the other direction, straight after me, instead.

Not to mention that the tutorials or clues on how to do anything are very few and far between. And even though they give you a variety of about 60 different ways to kill a person, you're only limited to two options for nonviolent takedowns: sleep darts (which you only can get in very limited amounts), or choking a person from behind without them noticing you.

They made it wayyyy too hard to stay hidden and nonviolent. And once you're unhidden, there's very little hope left that you can avoid killing people and get the happy ending. I understand they want the game to be challenging, but if I'm choosing to play the game on Easy mode, it really should not have been THAT difficult. By the time I got to the last few missions, I couldn't wait to just be done with it. I gave up trying to be a good guy and ran through the last missions just killing everyone, and that was actually the most fun I had in the game.

If I could do it again, I wish I had just been a murder machine from the beginning instead of wasting time trying and failing to be a good guy. It probably would have been a much better gaming experience.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Zeldoran (Former Frozt, FroztFox)

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: White, black and green / Brown, cream, black, green
  • Currently: Hating school ._.
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
Skyrim - Dragonborn expansion

The first Skyrim expansion ive bought.
I really like it, but the main quest line was a little too short, wish it was longer  :/
Allot of fun and things to explore, sense it adds a completely new island, from Morrowind.

9/10

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2013, 08:47:59 PM »
DMC - Devil May Cry 8.5/10

I really liked this game and it kept me thrilled for time I spent playing it. I could feel the adrenaline pumping as I broke the keys on my keyboard, trying to mash insane combos and not die at the same time.
Before this game came out, everyone was saying "Uhh... dante has black hair now and TOTALY SUCKS!!1!11 pthhhh".
Yes Dante was modelled after a high ranking member of staff, but then does it matter? Dante in this game is a total badass regardless and I struggled to contain laughter during the first level of the game due to just how epic it was.
Also I can say now that THIS GAME IS NOT SET IN A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE BUT IS A SIMPLE RE-BOOT OF HOW DANTE CAME TO BE. It leads straight onto Devil May Cry 3.

It won't get full marks though due to the shortness of the game, the lack of content due to it being left to DLC and I couldn't find any re-play value, simply because YOU CAN'T SKIP THE FRIKING LONG ASS CUT SCENES!

Also for those who really want to know regarding how it fits in with the other games(serious spoilers):
Spoiler for Hidden:
Dante has white hair in the end as a side-effect of releasing the true potential of his Devil Trigger in the final fight against Vergil

Deadspace 3 6.5/10

I really liked the first game and how much it scared the hell out of me. Deadspace 3 however for me was about as scary as... a not very scary thing.
The Game started out pretty good though and you can ask a few people about how I reacted over skype. I loved how you can make your own guns and customize them beyond belief. The basic idea behind the gun crafting is that you have a big or small gun frame and depending on which frame you use for the gun modules, depends on what it does. For example the plasma engine on the small frame is our favourite plasma cutter, however on the big frame, it's an air cannon that can send enemies flying. The other key element of gun crafting is that you can put two gun modules on a single frame (one as primary fire and one as alt) so you can pretty much have a rocket launcher/shotgun. There are also many modifications for the guns like stasis bullets.

The gun crafting however was all that made the game fun for me. If I could put the game into 3 words: Too many Necromorphs.
"WOAH WOAH WOAH... what are you saying... game too hard for you?" you may be thinking... nope, but the enemy placement is roughly on par with Mt.Moon from pokemon red and it seriously just reaches a point where it just drags oonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...
It just becomes annoying and having played only the first one before (though i did play a good bit of ds 2 as a friend's house) , I could FEEL the difference in combat and enemy placement and general level design. The only good thing about the level design is the outside environment... yea... the skybox...

You can get this game if you want. It's really not all that bad and the storyline is okayish. It just feels as though they took the good bits from 1 and 2 then mashed them through a grinder and hoped it would work. IT even has a bit where you have to run away from the regenerating necromorphs. Only instead of killing it with a ship's engine, you have to try not be killed by a ship's engine while it walks through the blazing inferno freely.

I also want to say that it lost points too in re-playability because... YOU CAN'T SKIP THE FRIKING LONG ASS CUT SCENES!

Sonic: Colours 9/10

Sonic team... have finally made a good modern sonic game...
Get it if you love sonic, it really is a must have. Though keep it in mind that it was only released on the Nintendo Wii and DS.
Seriously though, it honestly seems that Sonic team have had some sort of intervention.
Seriously just go play it for yourself... especially if you're a fan of the classic genesis games or the Adventure series.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:54:44 PM by MrRazot »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
The Walking Dead - 9.5/10

The Walking Dead game is a DLC game that takes place in the same universe as the TV show and comic of the same name. It's pretty short; it consists of five "episodes" which take about 2 hours each (give or take) to play through. It is a fantastic game though, I can't recommend it highly enough. Especially since all five episodes are only about $20 altogether. I haven't watched the Walking Dead show or read the comic, I'm actually not at all a fan of zombie stories or games in general, but a friend made me play through this game anyway. The story focuses on different characters than the show/comic, so you don't have to watch/read it before playing this game.

The gameplay is a LOT like Heavy Rain. Anyone who knows me knows that Heavy Rain is my absolute favorite game, and this game has become one of my favorites for many of the same reasons. The writing for the game is excellent. You find yourself developing a lot of strong feelings about most (if not all) of them. Throughout the game you have to make choices about how you want to develop your relationship with each of your fellow survivors. Characters will act and respond differently toward you depending on how you act toward them.

Although there are several different ways each scene in the game can play out, there isn't quite as much variety to it as there is in Heavy Rain. The overall story is the same, the main plot points are generally all the same, but the dialogue and character relationships can vary quite a bit.

There were only a few minor things that kept me from giving this a 10/10. Controls are a little bit awkward, in my opinion. Your movements around the environment are very limited. Most interactions come from clicking on points of interest on the screen, much like a point-and-click game. It might be boring to some people, although they do in fact have ways to make the point-and-click action pretty intense when you're fighting off zombies. The animation is kind of poor quality and bothered me sometimes. The art style of the game helped that a bit though; it's stylized to look like a comic book, so it wasn't aiming for realism. All of the drawbacks were pretty minor and easy to overlook.

Overall, it was an incredibly enjoyable game, and the story is sure to hit you right in the feels. Definitely worth the purchase.

Art stream:

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
Far Cry 3
Over all: 9.5 - 10
Short and simple, this game has surprised me with almost every turn I took, and places I went too, I highly recommend buying this game as a pre-owned for the co-op is not all that needed.

Story Line: 9.5 - 10
Far Cry three.... When they used the word cry in the title, thats what I felt like doing at atleast three parts during the game. From the very beginning I was hooked on the story line. Out of most other games, this one I can say with pride that it has moved away from most normal story lines and gave something new, something that you feel is worth fighting for through it all. There might be others that do just this, but how well they molded the story is something to be praised.

Landscape/Combat: 9 - 10
Far Cry 3 is one of those games that really does let you go almost anywhere you can think of. Lakes, rivers, and oceans are traversable by under water and above water by means of boats. You can also move by air, but only by hand glider, parachutes, and a glide suit you get later on in the campaign. The game is mostly consumed by vast forests, that change throughout the entire island(s). In all, Far Cry 3 includes almost every type of terrain one could think of such as, caves, cliffs, reaveans, mountains, valleys, plains, jungles, oceans, ruins, and even small bits of urban combat with plenty of explosions.

The combat system is well adapted to the terrain it was made for. The best part of it in my opinion is the sneaking system that lets you traverse the landscape virtually undetected, allowing you the assassinate entire outposts without being seen or detected. The more you level up you also gain extra perks such as being able to use an enemy knife to throw, and kill another enemy as well as chain kills, drop assassinations, and takedowns from below from in water or on land. But thats not it, there are also weapons that give you the option to add silencers, night vision scopes, extra powerful scopes that you toggle, ammo clips, sights, and for the bow, explosive and fire arrows.

Aside from the normal combat system you also have hunting. Unlike normal NPC's excepting dogs, wild animals will be extremely hard to sneak up on and will flee the instint they are fired upon or shot at, even with a silenced weapon if you miss. This makes things as real as they can be and if you are to attack predictor species of animals, they will also begin to attack and mawl you.

Visuals/Audio/Cinematic: 10 - 10
For including so many features in one im not sure where to begin, so I will start with what you see the most, jungles. The jungles in this game make up atleast 80% of the game and are so well made, that when you run through the brush, they will get pushed out of your way, make wrustling noises, and even alert enemy if you move too hastily. An added bonus with vegetation is its burnable, yep, burnable. That means if your not careful, an enemy can throw a molotov into a patch of forest you are hiding in, and literally burn you out of it, setting huge chunks of woods on fire.

Im not too sure how many people have good headphones such as Turtle Beaches or Trittons, but when playing a game like this, they are the best. Surround sound you can hear gun shots behind you, fire infront of you, and shouts and voices everywhere else. Gunshots are as realistic as they can get and voices are as unique as the story line.

As for all the cinema scenes, I can't even begin to describe how crazy it is. Most of the cinema you go through will have bits of action to where you press buttons and move, others are pure design that are brought on by the taking of drugs.(Do not try that EVER) When with this one tribe to become a warrior, you are taken through trials to prove your strength and more then once, you are exposed to a toxin that messes with your mind. The scenes you see are as rich as they can get, but the fire seems a bit fake on some of them, thought that hardly matters with the rest of the game.

Extras: 7 - 10
Along the lines of extras, this includes perks that you get, additional items, and other functions that are considered to be bonuses or part of the game. One of these is the hunting and  gathering system. With this one you are able to hunt down the native animals on the island and skin them for there hides and meat. You don't eat them but you use them for crafting addition storage for weapons, ammo, explosives, arrows, and so on. You also are able to harvest plants and use those for various medicines and performance enhancing drugs for hunting, taking damage, and so on.

Another good system is the various weapons and customization. For each gun you hand the option to add parts such as silencers, sights, enlarged clips, and even the camo on your gun. The only bad thing about this is the lack of weapons and the choices. As you go along the game and unlock new guns, no one gun is as good as the other, there is always going to be a better one then the previous until you find the best of them all, therefore it kind of forces you to use the best. Of course you don't need to, but you sacrifice look for effectiveness. A good pick all around though is the bow as it is a silenced weapon by default, and has the ability to use fire and explosive arrows by crafting together grenades or molotoves with arrows.

• Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 01:49:53 AM »
L.A. Noire - 3/10

I flat out just did not enjoy this game. It's undeniable that the technology used to create the realistic facial expressions is impressive, but that technology alone is nowhere near enough to make this a good game, and everything else fell flat to me.

L.A. Noire was one of the most boring games I have ever played. I'm not even the kind of person who is bored by frequent cutscenes and stuff like that. If a half-decent story is there, I'm more than happy to sit through a slow-paced game with little action, but this game didn't even have that. I couldn't care less about the story or anything going on in the game. I couldn't care less about the characters or what happened to them. Most of the characters in the game are assholes, and the main character you play is about as dull and flat as a wooden plank.

The game has an open world, but it's completely pointless. There's hardly any incentive to explore the world because the game's story itself is completely linear and you're almost always going from Point A to Point B. The game likes to pretend like your choices in the game and how you perform your interrogations affect how the story plays out, but it doesn't really. Not enough to make it interesting anyway. You will solve the case if you're supposed to solve it, no matter how terribly you fail at the missions. And you will fail the case if you're supposed to fail, no matter how hard you try to get it right. I'm not even going to get into all of my frustrations with how the interrogations function, but it could have been done so much better than it was.

On top of all that, I didn't feel "rewarded" for anything I did in the game. The police chief handed out promotions to me left and right for the stupidest things most of the time. The ONE case that I actually did start to care about had a terrible ending and completely ruined that small amount of satisfaction I had.

The only reason I bothered to play through the full game at all is because I hate to leave games unfinished. I really don't understand how this game got as many good reviews as it has. The three points I gave it for a score are only because the graphics and animation look nice, and the soundtrack suited the game well.

Art stream:

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2013, 03:34:51 AM »
Sonic Riders - 6 / 10

Okay, by any standard, this game is just a cart racer with a twist. Interesting, but hardly. The game is good, the story is kinda random - as in it just comes out of nowhere in the Sonic Realm - are they on Mobius (probably) or Earth? The Extreme Gear is also random; just kinda suddenly becoming the next big hit after one day or so, yet the Rogues have had them for ages? K. Not to mention, the story is horribly short, which sucks - because the game gets kinda bland alone.

Now why does this get a six and not a lower score? It has a good balance of challenge and simplicity. The game's difficulty progresses well, and the gameplay is absolutely smooth, minus some bits of the hit detection. The mission mode after the game is pretty sweet, but can be quite tedious in several cases. However, the reward for completing the missions is quite worth it, especially if you get all Gold medals - Super Sonic, folks. Not to mention all the interesting character cameos  - Nights, Aiai and Ulala from Nights, Monkey Ball and Space Channel five, respectively. Not to mention the pretty decent selection of gear you can use - the legendary gears suck, though.

The gameplay is not only smooth, but every character is leveled out. Super Sonic may be ungodly fast, but he can only use rings, much harder to refill than the air that all other characters use, and while the Fastest (a gear choice) may be even faster than that, it has absolutely no cornering or boost ability, and so on. Different characters have different abilities, some being better for different stages, but all having a fair chance - some areas even slow you up more than move you forward, while others are shortcuts. Sadly, this game loses replay value after you get all the gears and all the medals, if you play it alone. Get some friends, and that replay value returns.

That would be why this game earned a six. A meager score, but better than Heroes or '06 could even dream of.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:20 AM »
See, I quite enjoyed Sonic Riders, up until I did all the mission/side quest things. I'm quite the completionist when it comes to these sort of things, and to be fair, a few of the missions had me grinding my teeth too often.

So, to add a review, I'm gonna have to add Halo 4 from myself.

Just to say this right now: THIS ISN'T FOR THE CAMPAIGN. My friend wants to wait to play the campaign until this weekend, so I will only be basing this part of my review on it for the Forge and Multiplayer aspects.

Over all (thus far):9
I loved Halo. I loved Halo 2. I mildly enjoyed Halo 3. I think they should've done a better job on ODST. I freaking loved Halo Reach. Reach was my all time favorite Halo game, specifically for the Forge mode, and the multiplayer with the armory and all of that. Reach, I give about a 9 just on those aspects, so it goes to show how On-Par 4 is for myself.

Forge: 7
I'm not happy with Forge. I'm not saying it's awful, but it's not at all better. First, the forge map options. If you aren't on the three forge-specific maps, then forging isn't going to have many options. The forge-specific maps, though a bit large, don't offer near as much variety as Forge World did. I loved making large land-esque maps, but there's no real option for flatish land. That, and I would've liked to see them raise the cap on item limits. Come on, less than a hundred available walls/windows?

Multiplayer: 9
First off, I'm glad they put Grifball on matchmaking. Also, it just really feels much more honed than Halo Reach. Not to mention I love the new armory and load out options. My main playlists are CTF and SWAT, though I also dable in Flood and Oddball, too.

Honestly, I own Reach, and I'd rather wait for Halo 4 to get cheaper before I spent my own money on it, but my friends own the game and I always play theirs, so it's no skin off my nose ;3
And I'll edit this to include the single player after this weekend~

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »
Metal Gear Rising: Reveangance   9/10

Really awesome game with stunning graphics. Very fast paced and very smooth. It's extremely challenging, and the Trophies/Achievements really make things interesting. Unlike the main MGS games, MGR optional missions (VR missions) are actually hard. Story runs really awesome, too. If anyone is a fan or follower of the Metal Gear series, it'll fill in quite a few cracks and questions everyone's had about Raiden between Sons of Liberty and Guns of the Patriots, and AFTER Guns of the Patriots. Another great thing about the game is that the element of Stealth is still a great part of the game, and brings great rewards if you're successful. Of course, running through and raising hell also has its rewards. By taking on all fights, you gain access to all optional story missions and can get the chance to get an A or even S rank for the chapter.

However, the only thing that's a problem is Raiden's graphics (and ONLY Raiden) in the prologue, and the terrible victory stance (only choppy motion in the entire game. it's bullshit. Kickass graphics, motion, action and fights. But as a victory pose, motion glitches like first gen Counter-Strike while running on Dial-up.).

Offline Forever_Autumn

• Avid Aardvark
  • Oh, Hello there...
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Android Wolf-husky
  • Coloring: Auburn with a brown muzzle, grey tail and grey ear tips
  • Height: 5' 10½"
  • Weight: 10-12 Stone
  • Build: A few loose screws and... Oh wait, You meant shape... Urm... Athletic?
  • Currently: Need caffine! (Yes, some androids do run on caffine!)
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:28 AM »
Call of Duty: World at War - X360 - Treyarch/Activision - 3/10

Oh Dog! MAKE IT STOP!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

Full of hackers, campers, boosters, spammers, spawn campers, prestige horses, tank campers, sniper horses, quickscopers (u17r4 1337, d00d!), Killstreak spammers and ragequitters.

The only real place you can find none of these is Hardcore...
But not many play that.

TL:DR Vers: FIX IT, TREYARCH!
Forever_Autumn (No relation to the song or the book... BWAH!)

Offline Sly-Meerkat

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »
Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Edition

Its a amazing game and very addictive, definitely worth playing if you have't played it before.

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2013, 01:57:10 AM »
I haven't played through the entirety of Deus Ex Human Revolution yet, but from what I have seen and played, it is a fantastic game! From the stylish visuals to the sleek stealth and combat mechanics, the game is a joy to play. The fact that it tackles transhumanism in a very well done manner is also a great plus. If you're looking for a game to make you think this is a fine example of one.  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2013, 05:07:32 AM »
The Curse of Monkey Island.
My favourite game of the whole series because of the animation and how it is a truly funny and well written game.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
Crysis 3

I've only just started playing, but I'm not really enjoying it so far.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »
Ico (HD version for PS3) - 7/10

Ico isn't as well-known as its successor, Shadow of the Colossus. They both were originally for PS2 and were both recently remastered in HD for the PS3. I played both on the PS2, but I liked the games and wanted to buy the HD versions. I haven't gotten around to replaying Shadow of the Colossus though, so this is mostly talking about Ico.

The renewed graphics are lovely. Granted, you can tell it was a PS2 game, but it still can easily hold its own amongst current-generation games.

The game itself is good. The whole game basically functions like one giant Legend of Zelda temple, involving lots of puzzles to get from Point A to Point B. Some of them can really stump you. The story is pretty simple and vague though, and there isn't much to say about the few enemies that exist in the game.

The only thing that I really dislike about this game though is the camera. You have very little control of the camera, and the camera tends to view your character from about three miles away. It can be difficult to properly see where you're going or know what you're doing when you're little more than a small smudge on the screen. It does give you some nice views of the environment though, I guess.

I personally prefer Shadow of the Colossus over Ico, but Ico is worth playing. Anyone who likes dungeon puzzle sort of things would enjoy Ico.

Art stream: