The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Game You Played  (Read 32959 times)

Offline MomoHyena

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • aaaaaaaaaug
  • Species: Hyena
  • Coloring: Tan, pink
  • Height: 5'9"
Re: Rate The Last Game You Played
« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:22 AM »
.//hack Infection
8.5/10

This game really stands up to the test of time with really unique gameplay and it's a lot of fun. However, it does get super "grindy" and boring. The end boss is incredibly frustrating to the point of wanting to throw my controller down, but with time and patience it's a very rewarding experience. 

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
Dead Space 3 Co-Op

I've written a review about this game here before and I don't recall it being too great, however playing it again with a friend seems to make all the difference. I'm not sitting there blankly figuring out the next stupid puzzle, but i'm talking about how stupid it is. If you're looking for a good co-op adventure, seriously consider this game.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »
Splinter Cell Blacklist: 7.5/10

I was very skeptical about picking this title up. I didn't "dislike" Conviction, but I didn't enjoy the essential genre-shift from stealth to action with a bit of stealth.

To start, no Michael Ironside. No, I'm not taking points off for that but whenever Fisher sounds like he's angry now he sounds like he's trying to be Batman or he's Constipated. Ironside really defined the Splinter Cell character in both mood and tone, and that's something no one can ever really replace. Thankfully he talks so quietly that you don't really have to worry about it.

Graphics:
This is the best looking Splinter Cell to date, simple as that. They got rid of that crap monochrome-while-in-shadows effect so now the game really works well. Simple as that. There were very few areas where I went "Wow, that quality is crap." Not much else to really say there.

AI:
The AI have certainly been improved, they're much more fluid. However the appearance of Super AI is annoying. You know, the kind that see you outside a 90 degree angle of their vision, or the Super Dogs (UGH SUPER DOGS) that sniff you out from 30 feet away throw concrete walls and can open doors themselves. There have been moments where buggy AI, or non-responsive AI have really hampered the immersion. It's annoying when you throw a Sticky Noisemaker not five feet away from one and they're just "Herpaderpa gonna keep looking in your direction till you come out though I don't know you're there."

Gear/Weapons/Customization:
Wow. Just wow. Lots of customization here. And it appeals to however you wanna play, stealthy or aggressively, or both. My favorite tool to use is the Tri-Rotor, which is like a mini stealth UAV with STICKY SHOCKERS. I missed those things from Pre-Conviction time. My only problem with it is the buggy areas where the game tells you you're leaving the mission area, when you aren't close to that. There's some gear you just never use, like the Sticky Camera (if you get the Sonar Goggles early on), and if you go for just stealth you'll never use Frags or anything like that, but that means you can save that money. Yes, there's money, but you earn it with each mission and if you play good you get tons (I averaged about $150,000 each mission, not including side objectives.)

The only gripe I have is the DLC. No, just no. I hate having to look at things in the armory that I CAN have, and CAN look at, but CAN'T touch unless I put real money into it or use UPlay (which I won't.) Seriously, I'm gonna download a trainer or something so I can just unlock the rest >.>

Story/Gameplay:
This is where it all matters. Story wise, it's actually pretty solid. I won't go into too much detail but simply put this is the first Splinter Cell game where I've felt that the enemy could actually get the best of me. This isn't just some crooked politician or anything like that. But I will say, there will be another Splinter Cell game for sure.

Gameplay wise, aside from anything I've already mentioned, this feels like a step in the right direction. They're slowly making their way back to the brilliance that was Chaos Theory, though there were too many missions where I felt they forced killing on me. There are missions that force stealth too, but those are, well, more fun. More rewarding, and less annoying. Getting caught in a stealth mission actually doesn't feel as bad because, well, you're supposed to be stealthy. But on those missions where your only option is being lethal, and you get caught sneaking around, you find yourself frustrated while hordes of enemies surround and kill you. You do not want to be caught in a large firefight, you will die, regardless. Yes you can increase bullet resistance (for the cost of losing stealth) but think of it more as just a way to buy some time while you escape to a vent.

The other problem is online. Such a huge focus for it. A lot of side missions can only be done using Co-op, which restricts you from 100% if you don't have a couch buddy or wanna deal with random strangers through matchmaking. I haven't touched the Co-op, or Mercs Vs Spies, But I really don't plan to. Splinter Cell has always been a Single Player game to me. The co-op seems fun, and maybe I'll try it when any of my friends are here, but none of them are really into the stealth-genre so it'll be a bit difficult to really have someone to be immersed with.

Overall it's a more solid Splinter Cell game than the last one was, I'm already getting ready to do my next playthrough on Realistic (which is supposed to feel more like a "classic Splinter Cell feel.) I'd definitely recommend it as a buy to people who have the money and want to keep with the series, but unless you have someone you can experience it with, wait for a price drop or Steam Sale.

Offline RodentOfUnusualSize

• Avid Aardvark
  • When life gives you lemons, kick it in the toodles
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Grey fur, blonde dreadlocks
  • Height: 7'8
  • Weight: 248 lbs.
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: Can't stop the spirits when they need you...
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2013, 10:48:58 PM »
Erie: 7/10
Ghost Recon Online: 7.5/10

Once one can perceive how good it is to wear wranglers, one can begin to perceive everything else. It's all part and parcel. The soup is hot, the jeans are cool. The soup is cold, the jeans are out. Let us hear these words echoed from every corner and dead end of the universe.

Must P.J. Proby carry all the world's problems?

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »
Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Campaign - 9/10
The single player mode has a great storyline. Despite it breaking from tradition and taking place in the future rather than the past or present, fans of the first game would find it easy to be immersed in the story. Also, the addition of alternate story lines based on how well you play and what you choose to do in certain points of the game makes it more interesting with different results at the end and even what objectives you need to complete. The only problem with the game mode is the fact that this is the only game in existence that you can play offline and still get lag once or twice per mission.

Zombies - 10/10
Much more challenging and runs a story following 4 new characters on 3 escapades. Runs as a continuation of Richtofen's and Maxis' missions to try to take over the ETHER and master time while facing against Samantha by helping these 4 souls trapped in the zombie apocalypse of the present. The final map pack brings us back to the origin of this whole conflict, connecting the dots and explaining what happened before World at War. However, there is 1 map that is completely separate in terms of story, still being very fun and challenging in its own way. As with all previous Zombie modes, the music Easter Eggs are as epic as ever, and the maps extremely creative in their own rights. Challenges and Easter Eggs are more challenging and more entertaining than before, giving you the chance to follow Richtofen's advice or Maxis' advice, getting different conclusions, and affecting the Easter Eggs of the 3rd map pack. Weapons are more intricate and redone to prevent being too OP (*cough* Wonder Waffle *cough*), but have added more to the game modes. One of the best additions is allowing weapons you can find in multiplayer to be Pack-a-Punched more than once for different attachments that could make the weapons better or worse. All in all, very satisfying.

Multiplayer - 6/10
As you can see, pretty disappointing. Prestiging, like in Modern Warfare 3, has become even easier than the previous release. Like with previous games, you find people with no skills and big mouths. Matchmaking isn't the best in the world, leaving you with players with potentially a 100mbps ping difference. However, the biggest flaw is Treyarch's decision to make this the first game where lag compensation favors people with lesser internet. If you have good internet, there's a good chance you'll get screwed. Also, this is the first game that actually removes game modes with no valid reason and adds different ones that the public generally rejects. The design of the game has made it harder to complete challenges and get camos/skins, making it a lot more satisfying when you DO earn something, but has also spawned a higher rate of cheaters who can't earn anything and have to glitch/hack their way to get things. New maps are nice, and the challenges keep the rating up, but even the new maps are still a bit shoddy as there's a percentage that's remakes of older maps, signs of the designers being lazy. However, the biggest thing is that any skilled FPS veteran can completely dominate any room. 95% of players you meet will camp the whole game, 50% of those in all the common spots, and the other 50% in the EXACT same spot. It's very easy for those who can Run & Gun instead of conforming to the new culture of Camping, which only brings poor stats.

Weapons - 8/10
As always, I'll start with the negatives. The target finder has turned bad players into worse players. It's the perfect example to show who really can't aim to save their lives, and how much lazier players are getting that they need this attachment to even see someone. Also, the weapon stat charts are not too accurate for some weapons. Something can have a 95% accuracy, but it can't hit shit at point blank while aiming down the sight. The final bad thing was the addition of the Peacekeeper weapon. It was brought in so that children and girls could play somewhat on par with seasoned players, but in the hands of even a seasoned or even somewhat seasoned player, it is completely OP and just spoils the game. Now for good points: There's good challenges, and unlocks/achievements with them force you to get better and skilled, otherwise, you nearly bite your hands off trying in vain. Love the designs, and they're very creative. Like the first Black Ops, they did add 2 real-life experimental weapons, but the rest aren't real guns, but have plausible designs based on actual good weaponry of today. Handling is well, and the variety allows you to adjust your equips to the day's style or mood.

Overall - 8/10
On the overall take, it was still really fun to play. Despite the downfalls of Treyarch's decisions for the programming side of the game, it's still a good source of entertainment for any veteran players. There's a little more balancing, but not as much in terms of actual improvements. For the new or not-as-experienced players, Zombies and campaign definitely tailors more to your field. If you can't stand a little lag from time to time or potential freezing, this game isn't for you.

Dead Space 3 Co-Op

I've written a review about this game here before and I don't recall it being too great, however playing it again with a friend seems to make all the difference. I'm not sitting there blankly figuring out the next stupid puzzle, but i'm talking about how stupid it is. If you're looking for a good co-op adventure, seriously consider this game.

That was definitely a great game that I've been playing since release. But I have to say that not figuring out the puzzles for yourself just takes the fun out of the game. The puzzles and the challenge of getting the trophies on your own is what makes it fun to begin with (2nd only to the ability to customize your own weapons). Having things given to you in a game and not learning it yourself just makes it pointless to do.

Offline Talos

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2013, 04:48:08 AM »
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R: 9/10 (I'll treat the rating like I'm reviewing the game as a whole, not just what Plus R adds)

Probably one of the most original fighting games ever made, a 2D fighter with heavy rock and metal influences. The gameplay itself is deeper than your typical  fighter, containing rich mechanics such as Burst, Dust, Rapid Cancel, and Slashback. A great 2D fighter with a unique cast of characters and a head bangin' soundtrack make this worth getting, especially if you want to play the game that spawned BlazBlue.

Offline EvilCorgi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
  • Coloring: Brown and white
  • Height: 5'7''
  • Weight: 136 pounds
  • Build: light
  • Currently: tulpaforcing
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »
Kerbal Space Program.
Rocketry: 9/10
Spaceplanes: 6/10
Jebediah's face: 12/10

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2013, 11:11:30 PM »
Deadpool

12/10

Being Deadpool, it's already guaranteed awesome, but they did a stellar job at making the game challenging, yet fun. And the variety of humor from the creation of Deadpool and his trademark breaking of the "Fourth Wall" was just perfect. Being a huge long-time X-men fan from back even in the 90's and 80's, I got so much more of a kick out of it than normal players. Highly recommended, but just remember that it IS rated M (come on, it's Deadpool).

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
Battlefield 3 of course. An eaay 9.5 out of 10
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
Counter-Strike: GO. Why did I buy this? It takes the competitiveness out of the originals and makes it so if you want to be pro your going to have to shell out some cash. The floating controls ruin the game, the graphics aren't as fluid as in the source engine and are more glossy and bland. I do like the idea of gun customization, but only if it didn't cost so damn much. The achievements take the fun out and the new expansions don't deliver.

2/10

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2013, 03:25:26 AM »
Borderlands 2.

Overall I'm giving this game a 9/10. Based on my love for the first one, the second one needed to have a lot of things change for it to be able to trump the first one, and that it did. The overall landscape in which you travel through from level to level, world to world is much more diverse. The weapons are a lot more diverse and realistic. The added classes to choose from are amazing...their secret powers like phasewalk and the turret and whatnot have been improved greatly. The enemies are a lot more diverse as are the playable characters and characters in which you interact with. The storyline is slightly better than the first one as well. The only thing I still don't like about it, though, is that a lot of the missions involve either 'going to get this' or 'going to kill this person/these people' or 'going to do this for this.' There ARE a lot more missions, yes. But many of them are the same. However; there are a lot more bosses in this game too...and a lot more diversity in power-ups.

Overall this game is just way more diverse with way more stuff to do than in the first one. They've definitely upped their game from the first one (The creators of this series I mean).
  • Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »
Beyond Two Souls - 6/10

(No spoilers.)

It's an understatement to say I'm a big, big fan of Quantic Dream games. Heavy Rain is still one of my absolute favorite games. I was super eager about getting to play their next release. Heavy Rain was such a huge improvement over Indigo Prophecy that I was pretty excited to see the improvements that would come in the game after Heavy Rain.

By the time I got to the end of the game though, I had some very mixed feelings. It's both a lot better and a lot worse than Heavy Rain. I've come to love Quantic Dream's games despite their (often obvious) flaws, but I'm not sure the good outweighs the bad this time.

The graphics are really quite amazing, and I loved the environments. The camera work was very well done. The voice acting is SO good. I also grew fond of the main character and her "friend." Also, most of the ending was pretty damn awesome in my opinion.

But my biggest issue with the game is that they took away the biggest part of what I love about Quantic Dream's other games. There's basically no participation or choice. There's an illusion of choice... an attempt to make you feel like you have choice, but the game is really just very linear and scripted. In Heavy Rain, the game endings were decided based on your previous choices in the game, but in Beyond, none of your choices actually mean anything and there's very little room given to just have fun and explore. I didn't feel like I was participating in characters' decisions as much as I was just watching a long and drawn-out movie. I enjoyed the experience, and I don't regret playing it, but I'm very disappointed that they failed on this one very important aspect of the game.

I will still probably play anything that Quantic Dream releases in the future, but sadly, I would not recommend this one to most people unless you have the patience to sit through the slow-paced and non-chronological storyline. It's an interesting concept and a beautiful game to watch, but it could have been so much better.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2013, 03:21:43 AM »
Pokemon X: 8.0 as a whole (for now)

Simply put this is a great addition to the franchise, but it is missing 2 in its score for two reasons; No Poke-transporter right off the bat, and not as good a story as Black/White/Black 2/White 2. But once I get my Gen V Pokemon (Oshawott ;-;) over to it, it'll gain a 1

Spoiler for Hidden:

Gameplay: 8.9

So, it's Pokemon. Obviously not much is gonna change over-all. You run around, catch Poke's, battle, trade, all that. My only problem is that you're *way* too over leveled if you use the new EXP All, or slightly under-leveled with most of your team if you don't. I'll get to that though in a bit.

Battling: 9

It's fast paced. The animations look amazing. Honestly the only gripe is that Pokemon (Except stupid Pikachu >.>) still use cries rather than their names, but all the cries sound great, especially the old/remastered ones.

New Pokemon: 7

IN B4 "NYEEH STUPID KEYCHAIN POKEMON, STUPID COTTON CANDY POKEMON"
The new Pokemon designs are pretty great, but the problem is there aren't that many! It's under 100 new additions, and the problem is their spacing is so... spaced, that you feel like you're mostly encountering older Pokemon. And to add salt to the wound, by the time you do find a new Pokemon, your team is probably already set. By the time I was able to get a newer Pokemon I had planned on using (Goomy), I already had a set and established team, four out of the six Pokemon I had were older, mainly because one of the two others was my starter.

Starter Pokemon: 10

Ok. Best TRIO of starters, ever. No other trio really matches this, except maybe the Kanto ones now that they have Mega's. All three new starters get a stab elemental move from the start, as well as the traditional tackle/scratch, growl/tail whip. Even though I was Team Chespin since I saw a picture of it basically being Oshawott in a green hoodie, I honestly would use any of them throughout the journey. I own all three now and have tried each.

All Available Pokemon: 9.8

The new Pokemon are, well, ok. This score is for all the available Pokemon in general though, and this is why it's so high. There's tons of Pokemon to be caught, traded, etc.

New Mechanics: 9.975 (Lolol Star Trek Voyager)

Ok. Lots of new mechanics added. I spent the first two hours of my journey just Super Training and Amie-ing my Pokemon. OP much before the second gym? Yes. Love it? Oh yeah. There's just *so* much to do in terms of side stuff that you find yourself saying "Huh, where was I in the story?" Wonder Trade is a great way to screw people over trade your unwanted Pokemon away to see your luck if you get something great. Four player battles are amazing fun. Mega-Evolution battles are mega intense.  My only gripe is the EXP All. It's a great thing to do, but there isn't enough EXP balancing.

Cast of Characters: 7

The characters are decent enough as they are. But compared to the last entries into the series with Gen V, they're on the meh side. The Professor is great because he's more actively a part of your journey. Your "friends" are ok, though you really feel like out of the five of them, the one that's your actual rival is really the only one that matters. The villains are ok, the main bad guy, though his goal may seem a bit asinine, is still sinister enough in his actions.

Story: 7

Ok. Gen V has the best Pokemon story, period. It was emotional, deep, dark, it went places no other game in the series really went. This time around it really feels lacking. There is no real "build up" the the highest point in the story, and the only time you're gonna get a tear in your eye is *at the end of the game once you've done everything*.  The problem is this time around they played it a bit safe. If you ask me, I would love to see a sort of continuation of Team Plasma, in the role of another team maybe, but still. Take what you had, and make it even more evil.

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2013, 10:41:49 AM »
Machinarium: 7/10

Simple, yet enjoyable story line. Fantastic artwork. I will say that some of the puzzles were near impossible to figure out without guidance. >w>
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline MaskaTheOtter

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Still, The last Naturologist in the world.
    • Awards
  • Species: River Otter
  • Coloring: Light Brown
  • Height: Anthro: 6' 2" Feral: 42"
  • Weight: Anthro: 170 lbs Feral: 25 lbs
  • Build: I am fit and strong, great swimmer
  • Currently: Swimming
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »
Borderlands 2: 7 out of 10

Good/fun story. lots of guns to fit any preferences, but can get repetitive. Over all a good game!
I am back. Please message me!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
The one pilot that is crazy enough to fly anything!