The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Game You Played  (Read 32958 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Rate The Last Game You Played
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »
Call Of Duty: Ghosts  ?/10  (Incomplete due to 1 game mode)

Multi-player: 7/10

PROS: New guns and new perk/equip system are really great. They've created more and more perks so that 1 perk does not have too many abilities to make it over powered. Also, matchmaking is a hell of a lot better, and like MW3 no crashed servers or service on opening night or any of the following days. Better graphics than before, and innovative maps. New game modes have given a little excitement to the game. Introduction of having multiple characters in a single squad as a prestiging system definitely allows one to regress to a more comfortable setup should you have trouble with leveling up your current character.

CONS: Maps are extremely large, and games are rarely finished due to far too much camping. Lag compensation still leaves something to be desired, with shot registries taking 1-2 seconds in active fire-fights. Hardcore game modes have been exceptionally nerfed with powerful weapons registering hit markers and no kills. Actual variety of game modes is actually very small. Only 8 Core modes, 3 Hardcore modes, and Clan Wars isn't going to be active for quite a while (Only has 1 mode).

Squads: 6/10
For those of you who don't know, Squads mode is basically you using one character in your squad and having AI assistance from the rest of your squad of characters and/or your friends. There are various game modes under this play mode which switches between objective modes, assault modes and even wave survival.

PROS: Good training if you're having trouble getting wins and/or decent K/D. You can play this for a long time and still gain EXP and Squad Points for unlocks while you're playing in here. Unlike Combat Training in Black Ops and BO2, you get EXP points equal to if you were playing actual live MP. Also, you can choose the level of difficulty of the bots to challenge/train yourself. Yes, you can do this in Private games, too, but you won't gain experience from Private games.

CONS: Unfortunately, this mode has many limitations. First off, you can't earn more than 2 squad points in a match, no matter how well you play. (To give you an idea of Squad Points, gun unlocks cost between 5-12 Squad Points, attachments 2-5 SP. Character unlocks to prestige also cost SP, as well as early unlocks of perks. Even killstreaks cost SP, equal to how many kills it requires to acquire them.) In regular modes, depending on how good you get, can earn you 3-5 Squad Points per game. Also, even though the AI opponents have difficulty levels you can set, they still raise up the difficulty (Not via selection, but automatically) to make sure you don't get too far ahead, which kinda limits the EXP you can gain. Also, even if you can get past that, the lack of human gameplay makes the AI fairly predictable and not so much fun anymore, and the inability to choose specifically what game mode you play really puts a damper if you're strongly against any specific game modes. And finally, there's no Hardcore.

Extinction: 9/10
Definitely one of the better game modes for the CoD series yet. Extinction is a fast-paced game mode where you have to take a drill and destroy alien hives to get to a nuclear bomb to clear out the alien invasion. Unlike zombies, your targets are NOT predictable, and there's no more pack-a-punch. You can choose your starting pistol and perks as a pre-game Loadout, similar to playing multiplayer. While you play through to destroy each hive, it gets more and more difficult. To overcome these difficulties, you're given a Skill Point every time you take down a hive. To gain more Skill Points, you can complete challenges that are given every time you put the drill down to destroy a hive. The earlier and the more you earn, the easier it will be to get through the nightmare. Should you crave a bigger challenge: After level 26, you unlock the final menu in your Loadout, the Relics. Relics are equipped at your discretion to increase certain aspects of the game to make it more difficult (i.e. earn less money per kill with a smaller money cap or aliens do more damage to you, or you can't buy guns.). Should you complete with 1 or more relics, you gain more unlocks for the game, and a trophy/achievement, too. The only real set-backs of this whole game mode is that a complete game only lasts between 45-90 minutes, depending on how competent your team is, and the fact that there's only 1 map, and 1 chapter of that map so far, so it can get redundant pretty quickly. Infinity Ward says they'll release chapters quicker than they'll release maps since there's many chapters, but I wouldn't hold my breath until after the first map pack comes out.

Campaign: ?/10
I'll give a full review on this as soon as I get the chance to play this. After that, I'll give a full rating of the game itself as well.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2013, 04:38:56 AM »
F.E.A.R.: 7.5

While the game is good, no doubt it has some scary elements and has some very entertaining gun play, there are a few problems with it such as very repetitive gameplay and not very interesting environments.

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Bayzan

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Grab the day... By the THROAT!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Germolf's Den
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanized German shepherd fox thing
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 145 Lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Arty! X3
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2013, 05:53:20 AM »
Terraria 9.0/10

I'm sure some of you have played this game already. Simply... entertaining :3
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see six sets of foot prints
Two belonging to you, four to me
Then you will know that I have not left you
I will be there to guide you, whenever you need.

My Legendary Drawings XD : http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22765.new#new
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/bayzan/

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »
The Wolf Among Us: 9.5/10
  Played the first episode of this, which lasted about 1.5 hours and yet I still thought it was one of the best games I've played this year. It's epic, got such a good atmosphere, great music, dark themes, symbolism, funny, interesting, unique setting and anthropomorphic creatures. Without spoiling anything, I can just say that the setting is you are a sheriff named Bigby Wolf who runs fable town, fable town is a town full of fairy tale characters who need to use a spell called "glamor" to make them appear human to the rest of the world. Bigby Wolf is of course, the big bad wolf, that occurs in many fairy tales (including the three pigs and little red riding hood), the game is a very dark portrayal of what happened to this characters after the fairy tail. Expect drugs, murder, prostitution and the likes, if you decide to buy this masterpiece you're in for quite a ride, even if the ride is cut short because the full game isn't out yet.

Tomb Raider: 7.7/10
  Although less impressive than The Wolf Among Us, Tomb Raider is by no sense a bad game, in fact it is quite a good game. Expect to get a good 10 - 11 hours playing just the campaign (and this is skipping the dozens of collectables and the many, many optional challenging tombs, as well as the challenges, gears, multiplayer and so forth), the game is a very long game pack with a whole bunch of features. The games set pieces and adventure sequences are some of the best I've seen around, you'll be falling down waterfalls, jumping off burning bridges and so forth and you'll generally feel quite entertained. The character development is solid, although a bit jumpy at times (for instance you might get hurt by falling on a spike, but after a few minutes your character completely forgets about it, and of course your character being super upset about her first kill and then suddenly forgetting that and killing everyone in sight). The storyline is a bit predictable, no serious twists were found that I hadn't already anticipated by the obvious scripting. Combat wise the game has some short falls, your character cannot cover (even though the game gives you chest high walls around) and while your character ducks behind these walls you can still find yourself being shot, this makes combat infuriating at times because the game seemingly expects you to cover in some spots where you doing so is useless. The actual game itself wasn't difficult though, although I died a fair few times, I managed to get through it without much difficulty and I was playing the hardest difficulty. The thing I liked most about the game is how you felt traversing the terrain, it  truly was scary and heart felt, you didn't feel like some unstoppable person who can just do anything, you felt vulnerable and this made the experience much more fun and satisfying.

F.E.A.R: 7.5/10 (deciding to flesh out my previous "review")
  This is the first time I've ever played a F.E.A.R. game, so this review might upset those who lived with it, because of nostalgic value. However, the game has aged generally well in terms of the gameplay mechanics, but not well at all in terms of the environmental mechanics. Lets talk about the gameplay first. The Gameplay is actually really good and solid, it's a nice change to most modern day shooters nowadays and it's nice playing a game with actual intelligent game mechanics. You see, in modern day shooters you'll go through a path and people will jump at you, hide behind cover and it'll be similar to playing a game of whack-a-mole, but in F.E.A.R. you and your enemies are given a vast wide open space to play around in, they will flank you, run at you, move to places you weren't expecting and so forth. For a game made more than 6 years ago, the AI is extremely intelligent, they communicate with each other, have a line of sight mechanic and really do try to trap you, it's akin to what you would find in Rainbow Six: Las Vegas. The guns are diverse and fun to use, you can find yourself pinning enemies to the wall with your penatrator gun, or blowing peoples heads off with a particle sniper or turning people to red dust and gory meat chunks with your shotgun, there is truly a weapon to cater for all play types. The environments however, aren't so great. They're generally confined to bleak, grey hallways with nothing much adding to them then that, expect to run through repetitive environments, solving the puzzle here and there and just moving to the next objective. The story is vague and not really fleshed out (to the point where they give you a wall-of-text just to explain what just happened) and the "scare tactics" aren't really that scary, they may of been scary back in the day, but once you realize they can never hurt you, you just don't feel invested in at all. Despite the good gameplay mechanics, it gets repetitive and non-gripping story just makes you not as invested.

The Stanley Parable: 6/10
  The Stanley Parable is an AWESOME game, don't let my mark fool you, I'll explain the mark soon. The Stanley Parable is hilarious, mind bending and just plain awesome, I would definitely recommend it to anyone, I unfortunately can't say too much about the game because it would spoil it, but it's definitely worth a shot because it truly is a funny, fun and entertaining experience. So why the low mark? Well, after doing pretty much everything in the game, going through all alternatives, doing all achievements, you probably could get through the game in 3 hours. It's a very short game, although this wouldn't be a problem for a game that cost $5  this game costs THREE TIMES that much. $15 for a 3 hour game (and that's after doing everything you can do, which I haven't done but I've done most things and have played 2 hours of it) is far too much. So I simply give it a 6 because it was short and expensive, but let me tell you that six is one beautifully hand written 6 in the finest font from the finest pen.

Although I've played more games, those were the only games I hadn't played before so I reviewed them.

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »
Kerbal Space Program: 8/10

Kerbal space program is a game of Building rockets and flying them.  I have been playing this game for some time, and it still is interesting and always things to do.  I really like the Lightheartedness.I only gave this an 8 because of somethings. It is still in development, and there is still holes in it. This game takes long to master, and that can put people off. i have played over 200 hours and still cannot get to some planets..I Also ave it an 8 because Of some of the non-realism in it, it is entirely scaled down, aerodynamics are not the more accurate, etc. I Always fine something to do because there are many planets and moons to visit. I Also like it because of the mods, because it is always a great feature to have the game mod-friendly. I highly recommend this if you like building things. The community (including forum) Is very positive, never really serious or negative.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:18:48 AM by TheFluorescentVulpes »
wired as right now

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2013, 05:00:53 AM »
Pokemon Emerald 10/10

never gets old, I can play it over and over and never get sick of it. I don't know why but I find it more appealing than the newer games.
maybe just nostalgia I guess. Plus the colours are pretty great.... XD
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:33 AM »
It is always good to have colorful stuff. I like colors. Especally the ones that hurt your eyes. Those are fun too. I liked the colors 100% in tbat game. Can you tell I like colorful stuff?
wired as right now

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »
Metro 2033: 7.5/10

This game is very interesting and I have very mixed views on it. On one hand the environments are seamless and gripping, with one of the best atmospheres I've seen in gaming, you will find yourself exploring environments that are almost too believable and you will want to explore the dark, tight hallways and tunnels of the metro and the dreary, saddened and burnt landscape of the surface. The games also has some neat realistic features in terms of gameplay, you'll need to charge your flashlight, carrying heavy loads will slow down your movement and make it more difficult to turn, you'll need to filter your gas masks, charge electrical weapons and if you get damaged your vision will blur.

The problem I had was the gameplay, although the gameplay was extremely thrilling with gunfights that were scary and tense,  you'll find that the game is very unforgiving. Now, I dunno if I liked this or not, I mean it pretty much had the gameplay of games in the late 1990's, games that were shamelessly unforgiving but also very interesting. An example of the unforgiving gameplay is if you don't have enough ammo for your weapons for one scene where you need ammo, too bad, you'll have to make-do with whatever you can get. If you don't have enough filters for this surface part of the game, ah well, you'll have to restart the entire level and maybe even further back to collect enough filters. It's a grueling experience and in some ways it adds to the gameplay, but in other times it retracts from it. It took me about 6 months to complete it, that was on and off though (I would play, get frustrated, leave it for 2 weeks and play again) my total playtime is 11 hours. So yeah...

Offline Nicklaus Morgan

• Handsome Horse
  • Bone? You have no bone!
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Green, Yellow and Blue
  • Currently: RE6 ftw ^^
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
Battlefield 4 8/10

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
Four games to go today! Understand that the last onetemporary, and does not reflect all releases of the game it reviews, just the individual experience.

Super Mario 3D Land- 4.5/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

Nintendo, seriously. What the heck? You start this game off amazingly, but at the end, you want nothing more to do with it. I'm being serious, I just beat it this morning and traded it in. This is after owning it for *less* than a week.

Starting off the game, you're feeling nostalgia and awesomeness right off the bat. It is a Handheld Mario Game, with 2D Mario gameplay mechanics, but with 3D Mario platforming. It is, at its best, perhaps the *best* hand held Mario released, and probably the best Mario game since Galaxy 1 (2 is just an expansion pack.) At its best, the control of your character feels tight, the level design inventive but not too crazy. You feel like you're legitimately having fun. This is great news, because the 3DS really needs more solid titles like this.

But then you get about a third of the way done with the game. This game, is short. I beat it in 11 hours, and this is including any time spent with it paused and not in sleep mode, or world retries. And there were a lot of those, but I'll get to that later. This world as two playthroughs in total, Regular and Special. Each having 8 Worlds, and each World having anywhere from 6 to 8 levels in it. So, short. Each level will take you, in one sitting, anywhere from 30 seconds, to as long as 300 seconds (if you go by the in game clock count down.) The problem here is, the short levels are, well, short. The "long" levels are typically only long, because there are parts in the level that *make* you take longer. Be it a slow ride on a platform, or just an annoying puzzle that has you going back and forth. From Regular World 6 to World 8, you will find yourself thrown into some of the most frustrating levels in Mario History. And *not* because they are difficult.

These levels are purposely made to try and kill you as many times as possible, to supplement to the shortness of the game. It wants you to feel like you've got a long way to go, when instead each time you get back to the Level Select screen, you may be one or two more levels away from completing a world. And then comes the Special.

Special, is hell. Just called Special. This time around, they implement various "game mode twists." These typically being -30 Seconds, and Shadow Mario. -30 Seconds is when the level starts you with only 30 seconds left on the clock, and you either collect +10 items, or kill enemies for time. These levels aren't so bad, but you still feel rushed. And when you're rushed, you're bound to make more mistakes. Then, Shadow Mario. He just follows your exact moves, and each touch hurts you/kills you. The problem here is that in these levels, there is typically no check point. Most of the Special worlds don't, and these are levels where a mid-way check would make things a lot more enjoyable. And then in the last World, they ran out of ideas so they just combine these two game modes.

What's more is that the last world tries to play as a reward system. If you've been good and have been collecting the Gold Star Coins, you can do each level. The range is from I believe 210/220 to 290. The problem is, at this point most Coins you haven't got are either ones you just can't find, or are in levels you never want to touch again. Thus forcing you to replay these levels. And the levels you unlock, are some of the most outlandishly frustrating of the bunch. And after beating that a second time, the game tricks you into doing the last level of Regular once more, making you think you can get something out of it. Instead you roll credits a second time, and get a picture of Peach in her own Tanuki suit. While this *may* be a hint toward Super Mario 3D World, it isn't what I would call "rewarding."

If this came would have relied on longer/more challenging levels as it progressed, rather than more frustrating levels that you constantly have to redo, this would be probably a 9.5/10. But a game is only as good as the end enjoyment level is. And it honestly kills itself mid-game. If you have a Wii-U, skip this and get the 3D World game. If you want to try this out, do so knowing that you won't be needing the other two profiles included, and that you can get $11 to $14 trade in value at your closest Gamestop.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3D- 9.5/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

It's Sonic 1. In 3D. What more to say? I'll talk about the features included, rather than the game itself.

So, let's start with how the game looks. Amazing. It is very crisp and clear. You feel like it should be 720p or 1080p just from the quality. It may be an old Genesis game, but you still feel like it's a great 3DS download title. The 3D is used beautifully. The parallax scrolling, the backgrounds and foregrounds really have amazing depth now. There is very little ghosting in the 3D as well. Something interesting to note about the 3D, this is one of the few 3DS titles I've seen that allow you to choose the type of 3D you view. Be it the typical 3DS Fall-In style, which looks like you're looking into say, a box, as opposed to the Pop-Out style. Pop-out is the best option, by far, and has less ghosting issues than Fall-In. also interesting to note, you can view it in the original projection-TV style, where it's much more rounded and cut off. Let me tell you, the nostalgia feel is quite a wonder, but honestly, play this for the crisp, wide-screen, 3D effects.

The sound is superb. You can even choose the PSG emulation type, between the Genesis 1 or 2.  Simply put, amazing sounds.

Another thing of note, you can choose between the Japanese or International game versions. I have no clue what the difference is, I couldn't even find it online, but all I know is I played through the Japanese version and I couldn't notice any difference. AND something that crosses over from the Android/iOS releases, is the ability to unlock the Spin Dash. This makes things a lot more easy/practical, especially if you bind a trigger key as a Turbo button. This game is less than $10 as a download, and it's certainly worth it if you want some classic Sonic fun on the go.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 25% single player and nothing else because borked - 1/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

That 1 is only because I could make so many criticisms about it while playing. This game is the definition of beating a dead horse, with a dead horse that's having a seizure because it's still fresh. The story is, in all honesty, crap. South Americans band together, get to space *secretly*, take over a giant Gauss Canon that is, in space, and use it to take over America.  No. Just no. I don't care if this is fantasy. I don't care that for once it isn't the Russians, Germans or Middle Easterns. Hell, it would be more believing if it were Canadians.

The gameplay, it's Call of Duty. The problem is, it's *too hectic.* You hardly ever know what's happening, where you're going, and when you should be moving while you're stuck shooting, or when you should be staying still. The levels, incredibly short. They can take all of five minutes to complete, before a loading screen. Come on people, this is Next Generation. I want my 60FPS at 720p to 900p gameplay. I don't want a loading screen every five minutes, didn't they fix that with the last generation?

The visuals, look horrible for a next generation game. Games that ended the last generation, look better than this. At max, it looks like a Battlefield wannabe. At "Optimal", don't get me started. The optimal from Modern Warfare 1 looked better than this. It's pixelated, blurry, and you can't tell a person from a rock.

The weapons, unmemorable and unimaginative. You go from guns you can easily remember; M4/ M16, M9, Scar-H, Scar-L. Even the ones in Black Ops 2, which is also a game set in the future, are memorable to some degree. In this game it's C-2340897, C12347082, and AK-12. Oh, the M9 makes an appearance, but good luck getting any use out of it.

The only good thing about this, is the Dog. Playing as the dog is fun. It adds stealth to the missions you play. That's it really :I

My copy actually was broken by a game-breaking glitch in the PC versions. Because this is a console port, it assumes you will at all times have 6GB available. But if your computer does something, and makes that drop to even 5.999999999999999999999GB, OR increase to 6.11111111111GB, it will give you a memory error, crash, then not load again unless you *uninstall the game, losing your progress.* Even though the "Day 1" patch fixes this, it can still happen, at random. Seriously, if you can't even patch it on Day One, an issue you *know* exists before finalizing and releasing the game, don't. Stop trying to make these yearly Holiday releases. Take the time to *finish* your game.

If you get this game. Well, I hope you can enjoy it. I really do. I wish you all the luck in the world. If anyone can enjoy more of the same, a decade later, then maybe I'm missing out on something. But playing this series from CoD 1 up to now, it's gone to crap.

Assassins Cred IV: 2/10.

Spoiler for Hidden:

I liked the first five minutes of the game. And then I got a game-breaking glitch that makes your camera broken. Ubi knew about this, released a "fix" in the Day One patch, but it can still occur at random. I have yet to try to fix this issue, but honestly I'm tired of all these "Next Gen" releases being crap in their first month or so of release. I will try this game a year from now when I know it will work.

Oh, and you're not really an Assassin. You just killed one and took his armor. You can tell this by the first five minutes of gameplay. Let me know if I'm right!

And there you have it! I just picked up the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game on the 3DS, so when I'm through with that I'll throw it up on here with a few other titles.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:20:43 AM by Nic »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
Call of Duty: Ghosts- 1/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

That 1 is only because I could make so many criticisms about it while playing. This game is the definition of beating a dead horse, with a dead horse that's having a seizure because it's still fresh. The story is, in all honesty, crap. South Americans band together, get to space *secretly*, take over a giant Gauss Canon that is, in space, and use it to take over America.  No. Just no. I don't care if this is fantasy. I don't care that for once it isn't the Russians, Germans or Middle Easterns. Hell, it would be more believing if it were Canadians.

The gameplay, it's Call of Duty. The problem is, it's *too hectic.* You hardly ever know what's happening, where you're going, and when you should be moving while you're stuck shooting, or when you should be staying still. The levels, incredibly short. They can take all of five minutes to complete, before a loading screen. Come on people, this is Next Generation. I want my 60FPS at 720p to 900p gameplay. I don't want a loading screen every five minutes, didn't they fix that with the last generation?

The visuals, look horrible for a next generation game. Games that ended the last generation, look better than this. At max, it looks like a Battlefield wannabe. At "Optimal", don't get me started. The optimal from Modern Warfare 1 looked better than this. It's pixelated, blurry, and you can't tell a person from a rock.

The weapons, unmemorable and unimaginative. You go from guns you can easily remember; M4/ M16, M9, Scar-H, Scar-L. Even the ones in Black Ops 2, which is also a game set in the future, are memorable to some degree. In this game it's C-2340897, C12347082, and AK-12. Oh, the M9 makes an appearance, but good luck getting any use out of it.

The only good thing about this, is the Dog. Playing as the dog is fun. It adds stealth to the missions you play. That's it really :I

My copy actually was broken by a game-breaking glitch in the PC versions. Because this is a console port, it assumes you will at all times have 6GB available. But if your computer does something, and makes that drop to even 5.999999999999999999999GB, OR increase to 6.11111111111GB, it will give you a memory error, crash, then not load again unless you *uninstall the game, losing your progress.* Even though the "Day 1" patch fixes this, it can still happen, at random. Seriously, if you can't even patch it on Day One, an issue you *know* exists before finalizing and releasing the game, don't. Stop trying to make these yearly Holiday releases. Take the time to *finish* your game.

If you get this game. Well, I hope you can enjoy it. I really do. I wish you all the luck in the world. If anyone can enjoy more of the same, a decade later, then maybe I'm missing out on something. But playing this series from CoD 1 up to now, it's gone to crap.

Just 1 thing about the graphics complaint that you have. You have Microsoft to thank for the shitty graphics. Because they are too damned lazy to get better parts for Xbox One (Which, btw, is worse than even the PS3 specs), they paid all developers to have to dumb down all their graphics so that it looks the same on all consoles. The only games that actually look good are Playstation-specified games. All cross-platform games are to be dumb down. However, you failed to mention anything from the other 3 game modes, which cannot actually represent the game as a whole if you only base your review on Campaign.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »
That's why it's just based on my own experience from it :P

I've seen these other game modes, and just no. I can't bring myself to even bother. They look like the same, rehashed game modes we've seen before, or at the very least don't look like they make the game better. If your game relies on game modes to make it better, aside from its campaign, still bad in my books. World at War and Black Ops had both good campaigns, and had Zombies. This game just takes that and gives us a crap campaign and aliens. They need to CoD 4 this series again, fast, or else it's just gonna turn into a Madden title.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
That's why it's just based on my own experience from it :P

I've seen these other game modes, and just no. I can't bring myself to even bother. They look like the same, rehashed game modes we've seen before, or at the very least don't look like they make the game better. If your game relies on game modes to make it better, aside from its campaign, still bad in my books. World at War and Black Ops had both good campaigns, and had Zombies. This game just takes that and gives us a crap campaign and aliens. They need to CoD 4 this series again, fast, or else it's just gonna turn into a Madden title.

news flash, Zombies is a separate game mode, too. game modes is what makes any game as a whole. Also, they should NOT be doing a CoD4 any series ever again. I was a hardcore CoD fan from the first 3 and Modern Warfare 1 & 2 ruined it for me. Lack of a challenge. I only got back into it with Black Ops because Treyarch decided to split from Infinity Ward. Game was better for campaign and zombies, but the MP operations and lag comp sucked for them. Also, the MP mechanics for Ghosts has changed quite a bit, which does add quite a bit more to the battle system. Granted, there's still hackers out there, but what game doesn't have them? Also, the Extinction game mode makes zombies look easy, as if it hadn't already with Black Ops 2 Zeds. You should really explore the whole game. They've fixed and improved on a LOT of things.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2013, 02:05:40 AM »
News flash was pointless, I know it's a separate game mode? That wasn't my point. CoD 4 is what set the standard for the newer CoD games, and the formula hasn't much changed, except each game keeps trying to one-up itself. Instead of looking for releasing a fantastic game, they're looking for sales and numbers.

Even if it's "Improved" elsewhere, I play games mainly for the single player, or even co-op aspect. I stopped my "hard core online gaming" With Halo Reach and Black Ops. I'm sorry if my personal score and feelings toward the game don't match yours or your approval, but when it comes down to it, I know when a game will let me really enjoy it. Ghost won't.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2013, 03:02:22 AM »
i just don't see why anyone would buy a game, only play 25% of what's available and then think they can accurately judge it as a whole.

it's like not having any exposure to baseball, buying a complete set of baseball gear, practicing only batting on your own on a tee, and then writing a review on why team A sucks after seeing the first game of the season.

no one buys Elder Scrolls just to play the first 10% of the game with several different characters and say that the whole game was a bust.

it's true that MW set the standard for newer CoD's. since CoD4, people bought CoD to play ONLINE. playing the same, predictable computer AI is monotonous and boring. Why do you think Counter-Strike still holds world tournaments every year since its release, and CoD was able to follow suit after MW2?