The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Game You Played  (Read 32953 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Rate The Last Game You Played
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »
Because critics? :p

If I can only get through 25% of it because of their faulty release, I'm already gonna think lowly about it. I played Call of Duty online for ages, I really don't need to be preached about it. I've seen/watched friends play it, nothing special in my eyes.

And there, modified for proper viewing pleasure.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:21:05 AM by Nic »

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:58 AM »
the whole point of a "review" is to show people an analysis of something as a whole. if you're just going to complain about the campaign then just state that you're critiquing the campaign. the entirety of any game is not just comprised of a portion. you don't see anyone saying "oh, i finished chapter 1 of game X and it is the worst game ever made. the last 19 chapters and co-op mode be damned, i'll never play those.".

be specific and properly label what you're REALLY reviewing.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:22 AM »
Actually I have seen it before :p You'd be surprised what some random internet findings can bring.

And, let me put it this way; If one doesn't mention anything about, say, other game modes. I would say it's safe to say they aren't probably taking them into account. So before blowing up next time, I would pay more attention to that. But hey, who needs opinions with other ones matter more!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2013, 03:36:21 AM »
Gentleman, if you want to continue this debate please do it somewhere else.

Don't post off-topic please
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2013, 03:47:56 AM »
Skyrim; 6.5/10 The reason why I gave it a semi-low score is due to all the glitches, long travel distances, and sometimes my skills fail me no matter how high of a level they are.

Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2014, 02:30:07 AM »
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 9/10

By far the shortest and least challenging Zelda game I have ever played (and I've played most of them), but it sure was a heck of a lot of fun regardless and I loved every bit of it.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2014, 02:33:42 AM »
Cool i might check it out!
Super Hexagon
9/10

Phycedelic and quite nice music to fitting a little triangle though little slots on padderns on a hexagon.
wired as right now

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »
Borderlands 7.5/10

There are a few glitches within the game that will get you stuck in areas and force you to restart the game to an earlier save point. One of the glitches include being able to walk through your enemies after killing them, its okay and I'm glad I don't have to maneuver around them when I'm going towards my current way-point. The online experience is nice unless you're playing as the siren class. All the other guys will automatically assume you're a girl just because you play as the girl character. They are rude, ignorant, and will not let you pick-up any loot.

If it weren't for the rude online players I would have bumped up the rating about 0.5.

The graphics however are great 9/10 on the graphics. If the graphics were anymore real to the human eye it would be just like viewing iit in 3D.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
Now that I've finally got myself a Wii U, I've gotten to play the one game that I was both excited for, and felt could redeem its mobile counterpart;

Super Mario 3D World: 9.8/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

Oh My God. Talk about near-perfection to the max. They pulled out all the stops with this game.

Graphics; Superb. If you're playing the game on an HD TV it looks amazing for both a Mario game, a Four Player Mario Game, and honestly a Wii U Game in general. If you're playing it on the Gamepad, it may have a bit of fuzz around the edges, but it still looks just as amazing. I actually spent my entire time playing looking at the Gamepad screen, and I was still amazed at out how great it looked. For those who say a Wii U/Nintendo game can't look good, at this point you should be biting your tongue.

Gameplay; Super tight. Well refined. It feels like an epic Mario adventure. The best thing about it, is the characters you play as. Each brings something different to the table. Mario is just your classic, stock character. I feel like for some of the acrobatics he's a bit more tight, but that could just be me. Luigi can help you get to those greater heights, but he's a bit more slippery. Peach is great as either the first-time character, or for those who can use her floating expertly. Toad is by far for those who want a challenge, as he is the fastest character, but also the weakest and lowest jumper. I spent a good chunk playing as Toad, since it added a great sense of challenge and speed.

Cat "Transformation"; this gets its own special spot. The Cat Transformation suit is the best thing ever since the Tanuki. Running up walls, swiping enemies, air-diving, even running up the flag poles, you feel like a cat bad-ass. The best thing is, the game feels like it was geared for the cat suit, but you don't *need* it to do well in the game. But you'll be saying "Damn it, I lost my cat suit!" a lot probably, just because you want to keep it as much as possible. If you get to the Special World, which is a not towards Mario Galaxy, you get a special cat transformation that lets you also do the classic Tanuki transformation where you turn into a statue when you ground-pound. But this time around it'll also give you mass amounts of coins as you're in the process of landing.

Level designs; They definitely learned from Mario 3D Land. Nearly all of the levels are perfect in design for a Mario platformer. Challenging yet fun and rewarding, there are few where you really go "This is stupid, I hate it." Some levels do feel a bit easy, but those ones also typically are introducing you to some new mechanic that you'll have to use later on. Especially once you get to the Special Worlds, you'll have some of your skills put to the test, like Long Jumping.

Sound; This game has some of the best Nintendo music since Mario Galaxy, enough said.

If you own a Wii U and  you haven't picked this up yet, you are missing the best thing ever. *This is not New Super Mario Bros Wii U 2.* Some people still believe it is, but it isn't. It's five levels above that.

Mechwarrior Online; Play it/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

This is a game that's fairly hard to review, as it can appeal to many different people in many different ways. If you played the classic Mechwarrior series, this will make you giggle like a school girl. This is not your typical Free-to-play FPS, either. This game is much more deep and tactical, while at the same time just as hectic. I'd actually be willing to just pay for this game as a full title at $60 than I would be, say, Call of Duty or Battlefield. If you like Free-to-play games, like giant death mech robots, and like having fun, this game is for you.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2014, 08:10:29 PM »
Okay, time for the final review for Call of Duty: Ghosts:

Campaign: 8/10
Spoiler for Hidden:
For anything, really, is that the whole terrorist bringing the end of the world bit is a little overdone, but the story as a whole and the substance you get from it are tops. The concepts are original and they've kept really well with trying to make it realistic. Aside from the chapter where you infiltrate South America, the landmarks and scaling of the maps are pretty spot on. Also, with the addition of the dog in the story adds a nice and new dimension to it, though they could have done with more interactions with the dog on the whole of the game. The story follows a pair of brothers, whom you play as one of them, as they follow in their father's footsteps into the military and into gaining the title of Ghosts. It is definitely an interesting story to follow, and the first to have an inconclusive ending. It really gets the blood flowing and definitely a clinging story.

However, the campaign has a few shortcomings as well. One, if you're not playing on Veteran, the game is far too short. Two, the trophies are not in the least bit hard to do, I got almost all of them on my first playthrough and only took another 2 hours after that to earn the rest (Intel in this is by far the easiest to find). Three, you get the absolute DUMBEST AI support ever. You literally can get killed a LOT of times because the AI will literally block you from being able to move at all, and cause you to get completely shot up.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2014, 10:48:26 AM »
Pff..
The only games I play are Minecraft and Zelda Games on Wii.
10/10 for all.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
Please explain why you like those games so much they deserve a perfect rating...
wired as right now

Offline L4BY_

• Maze Designer // DDR Player // Coaster Enthusiast
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver fox
  • Coloring: Grey and dark grey fur, white on some areas, green eyes.
  • Height: Slightly smaller than the average size
  • Build: Average // Can be feral or anthro
  • Currently: Probably in some arcade right now playing DDR
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »
Super Hexagon - 9/10 (I'm feeling sick now)

Offline Marcus

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • This user has left!
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »
7 Days to Die (Alpha State) 68.5/100

7 Days to Die is a voxel based zombie survival game.

You craft, eat, drink, find shelter, scavenge, farm, kill zombies, hunt, chop trees..

Overall, it's good. As an Alpha state game. It has a long way to go if it is wants to be fully worth all of the $30 I have paid for it.

I'ma knock this out in list format.

1: Graphics (7/10). The Graphics in 7 Days to Die are so basic that I suspect many textures where formulated in Microsoft Paint. Shapes in the game for models/characters are quite good, but the voxel morphs some of them sometimes.

2: Animations (5/10). Animations in the game are.. Lackluster in most cases. Some are placeholders, and some are downright broken. Placeholder animations are used for reloading guns, hitting, punching, chopping.. Pretty much anything with the suffix -ing in the game has a placeholder. Broken animations... Primarily the deer and dogs. The deer should cover more ground with the animation they use, it is similar to bounding, but ends up as ultra-rapid hops that are entirely unrealistic. The dogs spin around on their axis (aparently in the shoulder blade area) and levitate to jump. The rabbit animation is pretty accurate, but rough. General zombie animations are actually decent.

*The newer updates smooth a small bit of animations, but not many*

3: Crafting/repair (9/10). Crafting is simple, and logical (in most cases). Unlike most other voxel games, it adds a menu with its 5x5 crafting area, to show only the outline of the materials needed to make an object. Assuming it's materials are in your inventory. Repair is simple. Use two like objects to mix into one better-conditioned object.

*The new crafting system makes the game more realistic, and adds a certian difficulty that wasn't there before*

4: Weapons (7.5/10). Weapons in the game consist of whatever you can pick up. A sharp stick, a regular stick, baseball bat, shotgun, sub mech gun, sniper rifles. The selections of weps are limited currently, but is expected to increase in the next update. My issue is with the reloading. Reloading your wep without going through all the ammo in it removes the ammo you already have in it, and apparently makes it blip into non-existance.

*Reloading and ammo along with the gun construction and repair has been re-vamped, making the guns much more useable and efficient*

5: Models (7/10). Models are pretty much all placeholder. They are, however, smooth for an Alpha.

6: Biomes (8/10). Biomes are a little.. rough. Good, but rough. My main issue is the way they are seperated, which is by a definate difference in terrain, atmosphere, and stuff in it. There are four right now. The cedar forest, plains, burnt zone, regular forest, rad zones, ruins, and desert. All are pretty okay as a whole, but all need some, if not a lot of work.

*There have been several added areas, making the roaming of the game FAR more extensive, taking a full 60 minutes or more to get from one side of the map to the other safely.

7: Scavenging (9/10). Yeah. A two. There is WAY too much EVERYTHING that is far to useful. Searchables everywhere, almost all have good loot. Needs a complete overhaul of looting and searching system.

*A GIGANTIC leap forward in this area. It got it's complete overhall, decreasing loot, and making places to loot less easy to find (or I guess I should say trip-over)*

8: Food/water/stamina/health (9/10). All effect each other. Eating and drinking is pretty obvious for most things. The only real issue is that corn does virtually no food increase unless it is added to stew or something. Stamina is bad if food or water is down. Health goes down if starving or dehydrated. Will not heal major damage unless pretty much bed-ridden.

9: Zombies (8/10). Unlike most zombie games, these seem to actually consider terrain, obsticles, and traps into play. If you make a wall with a door, they'll go for the door. A corridor surrounded with spikes, they'll go through the not-spike area, or weakened spikes to get to you.

10: General construction (10/10). Every material comes into play when it comes to construction. You can't build floating or unsupported structures. Everything has its durability, and can be repaired. Overall, it is a nice construction system.

I'll continue to play this game, and revise my score as it updates. Anyone who wants to give it a try, pick it up on Steam, or their website at http://7daystodie.com/

*Updated topics*

*The new version of this game brings its general rating up to a 71.5/100*
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:08:06 PM by Otteroo »

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2014, 02:44:58 AM »
Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition: 3/10

PLEASE NOTE:
The score is based off of WHAT THIS VERSION OF THE GAME BROUGHT TO THE SERIES. I have played each version of this game that has been released before, and if you asked me to rank it on any of them it would be much higher than this. The Wii Version would get a 9.5/10, hands down.

So why is it so low? Because of all the things this game toted it would bring, it failed on a lot of points. First and foremost, this is just an updated version of the crappy port that was already on the PC. The only difference is the HD texturing, 30/60 FPS, and "native" Xbox 360 Controller support.

The first two differences, are welcome. What's interesting to note is that you can in fact still play the game with the original texture pack, which is great for that nostalgia feeling. (As if people needed to be more nostalgia blind about this release.) Playing this game in perfect 60 FPS is amazing, as well. But now let's talk about that controller support.

No. Just no. If there's one thing that I am good at detecting, it's precision. This game with the controller lacks all of that. I would go so far as to say that the Analog controls are emulated WASD-Controls when it comes to movement. There is a noticeable dead-zone when switching from, say, going forward, to going straight diagonal, to left/right. What's more is when you aim, it feels like emulated Analog on a D-pad. None too smooth at all. The whole experience with the controller is clunky, and that's what is even recommended for you to play with.

If you're a collector of games on Steam, or just have yet to play the game and have no other means, then wait for this to go on sale. Even then, if you have a Gamecube or Wii I just recommend picking it up on there, the experience will be much better off.