The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Xbox 720  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
Xbox 720
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
Probably the most already know about the New xbox 720 (2*360).
If not you can read about it here: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-720-release-date-news-and-rumours-937167

they say that this will be the last console of microsoft.
Most people now playing on there mobile and table.
Maby there are right but how do you think about this?

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Xbox 720
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »
Meh. I think it's just rumors and speculation, really.
I highly doubt that Microsoft will have this be their last console, considering that the console market is where they're banking the most money right now. Especially since no matter how much is released for phones and tablets and such, they still aren't nearly as capable as a home console.

Granted, by the time the 1080 is released I'll *still* be playing on my PC >>

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
It's not ms how is saying this. It's a thougt of a lot of people in the game industrie (I'm a game developer).
but all the consoles sell bad at the moment. If this has something to do with the economic or people stop playing on the console is something I don't know.

But this is more then rumors.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »
But it is still just rumors about Microsofts actions =I. Until they say themselves what's what, it's just rumors about what they're going to do >3>
And of course consoles sales are going down, nearly everyone whose going to own one probably has one by now x3 But as soon as the new ones are released they'll be flying off shelves like usual.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »
Do you still think that people will buy a console even if they play a lot of games on there android of ISO?
The game industries is changing.

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Black, White and Red
  • Height: 5ft 3"
  • Weight: Slightly underweight
  • Build: feminine
  • Currently: EVERYTHING
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
As Nic said, it's just rumours. Microsoft said in an interview (I'll try and find the link) that they won't think about development of a new console until the 360 has nothing else to offer. In terms of entertainment, the 360 still has plenty to offer. Sony holds the same plan, a new PS4 won't be announced until the PS3 has nothing else.

The Wii U was created because the Wii didn't have as much to offer as the other two consoles and, specifications wise, fell short on the new generation of consoles.
Wait, what did I do again?

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »
Considering that an Android phone can still only do so much compared to a console... =I
I'm pretty sure that my 360 still has more gaming capability than an Android, especially in terms of hardware capability. The one way they could be equal is if you used some sort of Cloud Gaming service, but those are still being worked on >>

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
There are already cloud gaming software. Onlive.
Works on Iphone, Android and most of the tablets.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »
But the quality isn't the same =I

If I'm at home, I'm more apt to play a console on my TV or a PC, then a little phone with some touch screen or a blue tooth controller. It just makes more sense.

And not to mention there are plenty of gamers out there, who don't have tablets or Android phones or iPhone, or with the internet to use OnLive =I

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
To be honest, I can't image that there games without internet.
But sure, there will be still people using a console but is this enough for ms to continue.

Also, quality is not the important of all. Look to the wii. (Okay I don't like the wii but a lot of people do)

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:25 PM »
But a lot of people play games for quality. And again, like Kite said, that's why there will be the Wii U.

And yeah, I can name at least 20 people off the top of my head that play games without even having Dial Up. And, it's not like Microsoft is losing money on the 360 now, in fact there are still people buying. It may not be the "thousands" that were when it first came out, but people still are. So if they make a newer, better console, and it makes them money, why wouldn't they?
And 20 years from now they can do the same thing again. That's like saying they wouldn't of made an Operating System after Windows 7 because more people were using mobile computing, then PC's. But look, Windows 8 is around the corner for Tablets, Phones and Desktops/Laptops alike. And even if it is just 7 but more "mobile", people will still buy >3>

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »
Okay, You're right. So long MS wil make money there will be a xbox. But I know a lot of people that has stop useing there xbox and ps and play on there tablet.
Don't you know people like that?

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
Nope.
I have maybe one friend that has a tablet? All my other friends still use their consoles or computers.

Especially where I live, no one can really afford/knows where to get such things as fancy tablets and phones to play games. People here still use track phones and Windows 98 =p

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
Ooow sorry. Where I life almost eveyone have a smartphone. and more and more people buy/get a tablet (You get them free by some stuff).
But I forget that the world is bigger.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
Mmhm.

Only reason I'm lucky to have so many nice things is because I'm one of the few around here who are more knowledgeable of such things. It's like how in my graduating class, I'm the only one going into the Technology field. Everyone else is more conventional. Farmers, law enforcement, military, etc.