The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Xbox 720  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
Re: Xbox 720
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »
Why can't Farmers have a smartphone?

Also smartphones are cheaper then the xbox. So I think they will choose a smartphone

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
Because there's no service out here, and they don't have internet on the farms? ;-;

The only place you can really get service around here, is in this town. Outside of it for miles, you're lucky to even Roam.

And, again, gaming on an Xbox is still more appealing than on a dinky Smart Phone. Not to mention the hardcore variety. >>

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
We life in two diffrent worlds.

I agree with you, Playing on the xbox is beter then playing on my mobile of tablet.

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: Black, White and Red
  • Height: 5ft 3"
  • Weight: Slightly underweight
  • Build: feminine
  • Currently: EVERYTHING
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
Smartphones and tablets are used for on-the-go. But  it's not going to fully take off as a hardcore thing, it's as simple as that. For a start, without third-party accessories the controls can be problematic. The small screens don't allow much to be done about it. The small processors won't allow powerful games - the highest demanding game I've found is Infinity Blade. Developers don't put as much time into these games because of revenue concerns - releasing bigger games on the console is much more profitable. the highest grossing games on smartphones and tablets are mostly indie games, that were cheap and easy to produce. I've spent a good while looking through the app store to find good, high definition games to play and there are barely any.

Smartphones and tablets are not going to be nearly as successful as consoles and PC games. It's as simple as that.
Wait, what did I do again?

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
don't you think that smartphone become better?

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Reading through this I think it's quite impossible for the 720 to be the last console microsoft plan on releasing.
As mentioned they would be pulling out of a market which has made them a shed load of cash already.

If anything the 720 better have backward capability or no one's going to buy it until the first big game comes out.

That being said, the xbox is (in my opinion) probably the most popular console on the market.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »
By the time a Smartphone has the power of say, an Xbox/Xbox 360, consoles will have the power of who knows what.

My own smart phone can barely run N64 Games, and that's only because of RAM limitations. I mean, hell, even if a Smartphone was somehow able to get "better" than a console within say, a year from now, there's always Computers, which outshine both in literally every platform possible, hardware wise. And once that happens, Sony/Microsoft will kick things up a notch and just try and release something even better.

In the end, it isn't about which is better, it's just what each individual prefers. Sure, there are more people playing on their Phones and Tablets now, but it's still a small percentage of the total gaming platforms. And I guarantee that most people who play on those, still own a console or PC to play on at home.

And to go with Razot, yeah, there should be a Backward Compatibility mode, and not the BS they pulled with the Xbox. I'm sorry, but if I own the disk, I'm not going to pay money to rebuy it on the Market so that I can play it the one time I wanted to go back and beat it >>

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »
Reading through this I think it's quite impossible for the 720 to be the last console microsoft plan on releasing.
As mentioned they would be pulling out of a market which has made them a shed load of cash already.

If anything the 720 better have backward capability or no one's going to buy it until the first big game comes out.

That being said, the xbox is (in my opinion) probably the most popular console on the market.
That is for evey console. also the hole reason why sega don't make game anymore.
People buy one to play games on it.

By the time a Smartphone has the power of say, an Xbox/Xbox 360, consoles will have the power of who knows what.

My own smart phone can barely run N64 Games, and that's only because of RAM limitations. I mean, hell, even if a Smartphone was somehow able to get "better" than a console within say, a year from now, there's always Computers, which outshine both in literally every platform possible, hardware wise. And once that happens, Sony/Microsoft will kick things up a notch and just try and release something even better.

In the end, it isn't about which is better, it's just what each individual prefers. Sure, there are more people playing on their Phones and Tablets now, but it's still a small percentage of the total gaming platforms. And I guarantee that most people who play on those, still own a console or PC to play on at home.

And to go with Razot, yeah, there should be a Backward Compatibility mode, and not the BS they pulled with the Xbox. I'm sorry, but if I own the disk, I'm not going to pay money to rebuy it on the Market so that I can play it the one time I wanted to go back and beat it >>
But know your only talking about the grapics. I still think that there is more then that.

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »

It's very likely it will. And hopefully something better than a few select games. >.>

Gradually, but they won't match to console or PC gaming, no matter how hard you try. Yes, the games are fun to play, and a good way to spend time while travelling, but ultimately it will be consoles that are the leading market in the games industry. The limitations of a smartphone/tablet are much greater than that of a console. With a smartphone and tablet, you're very restricted due to size as you need something you can comfortably hold in your hand and slide into your pocket. Consoles have much more space to work in, so more can be packed in. You said you were a developer, you should know all of this.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »

That is for evey console. also the hole reason why sega don't make game anymore.
People buy one to play games on it.

But know your only talking about the grapics. I still think that there is more then that.

No, I'm not just talking about graphics. It goes for everything, from how to games are distributed, to how they are made, to how they run, play, look, feel, etc. For instance, look at the new Unreal Engine that is coming out. You're not going to see that on a Smartphone, at any time. And that isn't just for graphics, it's also for physics and plenty of other things. A Smartphone doesn't have the computing power of a console, either. I know of maybe only a handful of Smartphones that have more than a Dual Core processor, and even then it isn't enough to even compare. Being someone who is rather savvy in Hardware, especially since I'm going to college for it, it's safe to say that Smartphones won't be coming anywhere close to the power of modern consoles or computers any time soon. They can "replicate" it, by using simpler/easier software, but can't repeat it.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »

It's very likely it will. And hopefully something better than a few select games. >.>

Gradually, but they won't match to console or PC gaming, no matter how hard you try. Yes, the games are fun to play, and a good way to spend time while travelling, but ultimately it will be consoles that are the leading market in the games industry. The limitations of a smartphone/tablet are much greater than that of a console. With a smartphone and tablet, you're very restricted due to size as you need something you can comfortably hold in your hand and slide into your pocket. Consoles have much more space to work in, so more can be packed in. You said you were a developer, you should know all of this.

Yes I know but what I also sad before is that the game is bigger that only the graphics. I'm a developer and I don't care about the graphics. The gameplay is more important. Even you do care about this, I'm sure about it.

There are also many schools that work with the Ipad. They have stop using a laptop.

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
I know a game is much bigger than the graphics, but what I'm saying is there's not much room for complex mechanics to be implemented into a smartphone/tablet game. This is why you don't see complex games in this market, because you not only don't have the room but the control scheme wouldn't allow you to play them either. Remember that the controls are on-screen unless you have third-party components, which makes it really difficult for gamers as part of the screen is covered by your thumbs.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
The reason why games for smartphones aren't complex is because people play it for, let say, 5 min and stop playing. Later they will continue the game.
It's nothing more then just something you do when you're bored. It's a diffrent type of games.

Look to a game like angry birds. Don't you think that the hole gravity thing is not complex?

Offline Kite

• Chatty Cheetah
  • ohai!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:26 PM »
Not really, considering it's a very common mechanic in games. This same mechanic has been used in many games in the past way before Angry Birds was even conceived, all with the same element of gameplay (which is why it continues to astound me that Angry Birds was so successful). And the fact that people play these games for 5 minutes or so just proves that smartphones are not going to take off as a major gaming platform, people just aren't interested in these in the long run. The only phone even allowed to be called a "gaming phone" is the iPhone, after Apple patented it.

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »
And let's not forget that phones still run off of batteries, that die.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that games are the worst battery killers out there. Another reason people only play these games for five minutes or so >>
So unless you want to stay plugged into a wall with your phone, it seems a bit unconventional. That is what computers and consoles are used for, I think?