The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furry Defence Force - Adventures (Act 3: The Brink)  (Read 48571 times)

Offline kivabunny

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • intense love does not measure, it just gives
    • Awards
  • Species: bunny
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: 4' 11" (anthro)
  • Weight: 127 pounds
  • Build: agile and atheletic
Re: Furry Defence Force - Adventures (Act 3: The Brink)
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
"Money? We are in a military base, , we don'tneed money"  she walks over to a set of ruined hummers  and  opens them up, one and a half hours she  has the new cooling system put together  and put on her wgite fur smeared gray and black with oil "okay, you start filling the old cooling system with water, I'll GO get the required liquid nitrogen"

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

assassin......i kill things.......and you will never notice

Offline Steine

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox.
  • Coloring: Ashen.
  • Height: 5ft 5
  • Weight: 8.7st
  • Build: Short and agile.
« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »
Echo's paw was ready to swing for delta's face, but he breathed in deeply. "Delta... Brother. I did listen. We have a day to prepare, this is more than enough time to install a new coling system and the weapons." He shook his head.

"Besides, if we wait a day and don't do anything about the cooling system, the cockpit is going to get so hot, the screens will start melting! And having to divert more power into the guns for efficiency, the heat will misaline the barrels, making the thing way too inaccurate at ranges, the only way you will hit something is at point blank!"

His fingers began dancing over the keyboard once again, readjusting accuracy predictions for the heavier weapons, despite the fact that the "Heavier" weapons were just over-the-top powerful. He recalibrated the entire energy distribution for a much more convinent one, concidering the new cooling system would allow him to.

"Oh, and I'm going co-pilot with you on this one." He muttered.

Offline Lance Corpral J.Luther

• Avid Aardvark
  • FDF Heavy Weapons Unit
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine, Breed Is Currently Unknown
  • Coloring: His fur consists of a rough, thick slightly cut black, With many scars mainly on his arms, chest and his face and muzzle clearly shown on his armor.
  • Height: 5"9 ft
  • Weight: 11.4 St
  • Build: Through personal and overall intense training Delta is rather muscular but slightly below average on height.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Im Baaaaaaaaaack! >:D
« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
Delta smirked sencing he wanted to kill him for a second, narrowing his eyes at him his smirk coiled. His brothers work entertained him, watching him talk like this made him happy, to know he was busy and out of trouble put him at rest.

"Hm, Alright You havnt been in the seat for a while, might wanna bring screen wipe too.."
He chuckled punching his arm and ruffling his hair, slyly taking his goggles from him, and throwing them not to high in the air, way enough for him to have to focus to catch it
The Old Lie... "Dulce Et Decorum, Pro Patria Mori..."

Guardian MECH- Experimental Heavy Unit

Offline Steine

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2012, 09:26:29 PM »
Echo balanced the laptop wit his one paw as he reached for his goggles like a pup reaching for candy.

"Meeeew~" He squirmed as the goggles colided with the floor. "Delta..." He pouted, looking up at him with a quivering lip. "Why'd you do that for?" he moaped, with soft, yellow eyes.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:49:03 PM by Specimen 35-Echo »

Offline Sn0w

• A Storyteller
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Life's a race, and I'm gonna win
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White with dark eyes, nose, and paw pads
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: A New Fox
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
The news hit Snow like a sledgehammer to the chest. Large scale bombs detonated in a civ community. His blood boiled, and every regret he had for the corpses he left on the last battlefield vanished. The General was obviously right, though who was coordinating the attacks was still a mystery. Of course the civil war didn't help things, they would need all the fur-power they could find.

Snow left just after the briefing concluded, making his way for his room, picking up his M4 and heading for the armoury. He set it on a crate, looking for something with a little more firepower, settling on a SCAR-H. The larger round would pack a mighty punch, but it was still stable enough to consistently hit targets. He grabbed an ACOG scope and slapped it on, and gave the weapon a look over. Such a simple design, yet so deadly...

Grabbing a box of 7.62 ammo and a few extra mags, he made his way for the range to join Almar.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Agent Snow - Stealth Operative
Live Together Die Alone

Offline SilverBane

• Avid Aardvark
  • Du Hast Mich!
  • Species: German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 168
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Thinking of someone<3
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »
Zan listened to the radio on his desk then heard his base radio and turned down the music and listened in. His ear twitching then he heard the Civil war being mentioned. He then began to put his pistol back together, since he had it clean and ready to go. Then when the radio went off he dressed himself in clean attire and sat on his bed before loading his pistol. He looked out his door as Snow and Delta walked passed. He nodded at them the slid the mag into the pistol and flipped the safety on before sliding the pistol into the holster on his hip.

He stretched then walked out of his room and walked to the medical bay to see Willy who was sleeping and in intensive care. The Medic told him he was really weak and lost alot of blood but they were doing everything they could. He sighed then sat beside the bed. Hoping Willy would wake up, but he didn't. Zan hoped for the best then stood up and walked out.

He went to the armory and grabbed an M-60 and a box of ammo before walking out side to the outdoor range. He set up the M-60 and laid down on the ground before cocking the M-60. After taking steady aim with the M-60 on its stand he began to fire rounds at the targets.

~Light Machine Gunner, Airborne Division~

Offline kivabunny

• Gregarious Gnu
  • intense love does not measure, it just gives
    • Awards
  • Species: bunny
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: 4' 11" (anthro)
  • Weight: 127 pounds
  • Build: agile and atheletic
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2012, 05:43:46 AM »
Aurora heard the news and had someone else drop off the nitrogen, deploy was tomorrow, she needed all the time, every second she could get, she sprinted to the cleanrooms and to everyones protests, threw them all out, activated full base lockdown and changing the encryption algorithims and doubling the firewall, she grabbed her caffeine pills and went to work, the. Base was locked down andnoone could leave until she unlocked it .

assassin......i kill things.......and you will never notice

Offline Master Sgt. Ember

• Avid Aardvark
  • The Gamemaster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: All Powerful Chinchilla
  • Coloring: Gray fur, mousy face
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: Approx~ 180
  • Build: Curvy and Lanky
  • Currently: Wanting to run a Roleplaying game
« Reply #487 on: December 16, 2012, 06:54:03 AM »
Ember stormed into the hangar where the rest of Steel Company was hanging around.

"Allright maggots, if you have been listening to your radios you will have heard by now that there is a civil war on. Foxes versus Wolves- Yeah I know Oddball. I don't hate you, in fact I think this is a bunch of bullcrap. I don't even know what side we are on, but I know that the FDF won't be picking a side. Oddball and Spade, Our two wolves and myself and Jugs, the lovely vixens, we are still allies and if anyone says that we have to pick either fox or wolf you have my full permission to blast them. Now load up ladies and gentlefurs. Twitch, get your ratty hairy butt off that crate and get your suit geared up. I'm guessing we are going against mainly infantry but pack some anti armor too, just in case. Roll out Steel company!"

Her crew scattered, off to do their regular duties, muttering. Juggs talked with Oddball in depth, and Ember wondered how their relationship would fare with the current civil war. She didn't worry, her team was loyal to the FDF and to each other. They were Battle Bretheren.

She clicked on her augments to her arm muscles and picked up a chaingun, carrying it to her mech.

It was going to be a long term here.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #488 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
*Walks over to Ember* Good job Sargent,
*Calling out on radio, this radio is also connected to the loudspeaker of the base*
Delta, Echo, I need you two to stay focused, this mission is crucial,
Snow, I need you to keep your head about you, we need to stay professional,
Whitewolf, good job locking the base down, but we will be leaving here shortly.
How do I know all this?
*smirks*
Nothing gets by me.

Now, there is a civil war going on and as ember said, we are the FDF, we are on the side of the furry fandom, not one aspect of it but all of it, we protect it, that's our number one goal, we are the defenders of all that is furry and beyond. Now, as all of you would know, a civil war isn't exactly beneficial for our precious fandom now is it, so we're trying to stop it. There's some problems with that though.
*continues talking on the radio, his voice echoing throughout the populated bunkers, hangers and armories of the base, Anoni strolls past Ember and gives a slight pat on the back, proud of her work.*
A certain individual known simply as "M" has been supplying both wolves and foxes with high level arms, printing fabricated documents, blackmailing fox political parties and wolf leaders, in a sense he is the one behind the whole orchestration of the war, at least that's what we think. We don't know anything about "M", he may be a furry, he may not be, he may be a she or even multiple people. Now, I mentioned another organisation known as CEPK, the organisation responsible for the bomb attack on the furry community, we have strong beliefs that CEPK and M are somehow connected. This is why we believe there is a massive co-operative, this whole thing could be bigger than all of us.

(Your Mission)
*Stops walking, Anoni looks tense for a second then sighs*
Now, your first mission is going to be the hardest mission you've done yet. The first thing we should try and do is stop the Civil war and to do that we need to find "M", as well, in finding M we may be able to get more information on CEPK and any other terrorist organisation that is linked with this whole situation. To do that, we have to go deep inside the civil war to a co-operative where M is meant to be meeting with a fox coalition, to plan an ambush attack against the wolves. The problem is, "M" has spread rumors around the local foxes of the FDF being a hostile terrorist organisation working only for the wolves, these foxes think we are the bad guys, and they will try to stop us. For this first mission, we may not be facing humans on this one, but we may be facing our own furry kind.
  M will have his own hitman who are human on the scene, but for the furries uou may be able to convince them to not fight you, you may be able to make a peace. However, if you can't, I expect every single one of you to do what's best for the greater good, do you understand? If things get messy, you will need to take hostile action against these foxes.

So in short:
  You're heading into a desert warzone to find "M", a mastermind conducting the whole civil war, to do that you will be dispatched to an area where M is meeting a fox coalition against wolves. M has made the foxes believe the FDF are bad guys, so you will have to face M's hitmen and if you can't convince the foxes you're the good guys, you will need to attack other furry foxes as well. Your mission is to capture M ALIVE at all costs.

You'll be dispatched very soon, any questions?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:13:45 AM by anoni »
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #489 on: December 16, 2012, 09:46:17 AM »
Luggz settles down in his small, cramped desert bunker. It was well hidden but gave a clear shot of the surrounding area with both his trusty Lee Enfield rifle and his new organization had provided him with a Vickers mounted machine gun to take care of any threats.
The heat was getting too much and part of him missed his FDF bunker, however that was in his past, he had seen the error of his ways, how FDF were the true enemy. He spat, partially at the thought of FDF and partially because of the build up of sand in his throat

"wish they would hurry up and get here so I can finish them off and go home"

As he done umpteen times already, he checked his ammo for both his rifle and machine gun then glanced into the large drum of water used to keep the barrel cool.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Sn0w

• A Storyteller
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Life's a race, and I'm gonna win
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White with dark eyes, nose, and paw pads
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Currently: A New Fox
« Reply #490 on: December 16, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »
Snow didn't mind being watched, but the Generals seemingly limitless knowledge of the goings on around here could only mean one thing: there was a camera in his room. It didn't bother him much, if the COs had that much interest in watching him toss and turn and how many times he got up in a night to use the bathroom...He smiled as he thought up a rhyme in his head, 'the General's a creep he watches me sleep.' He laughed aloud going over the rhyme in his mind, definitely one he'd have to share with the other troopers later.

His mood changed, however, when he heard he ma be facing his own species in combat. His face went grim, and he popped a fresh mag into his SCAR, aiming down the sights and shooting bursts at the furthest target. He steeled his will for the coming battle. He didn't relish the thought of killing foxes, but it was a soldiers duty to do what must be done, when nobody else could. If they were fool enough to face the FDF, he would put them down, and that was that.

Snow left the range and started back for his room, first making a stop by the mess hall to grab a plate, then stopping by the armoury to find a supressor that fit his assault rifle, and slipped it into his pocket. He never went on a mission without one for each weapon he carried, he valued silence above all the material wealth in the world. He made his way to his room, shutting the door behind him and started dismantling the pistol. The room was quiet except for the clicks and slides of steel on steel, and the occasional clink of fork on plate. By the time he was done eating both guns were cleaned and reassembled. He hung his vest up and stripped off his fatigues, letting his coat air out.

The small room filled with the smell of wet dog. He didn't realize how bad the last battle worked him up, and decided to head for the showers, grabbing a towel. It was a short one, but relaxing nonetheless. Snow could barely stand by the time he got back to his room, but still took time to sit at his desk with Excalibur. Looking around the room he found the camera, and blew a plume of smoke at it before putting Excalibur away, shutting off the lights and passing out.

Agent Snow - Stealth Operative
Live Together Die Alone

Offline AlmarRaccoon

• Eager Elephant
  • Oh snap, do a little dance!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Orange, Red
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: New colors for my fursona :)
« Reply #491 on: December 16, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
*Almar was surprised. He needed a way to convince the foxes in the war that the FDF isn't the enemy, but how?*
  • Avatar by: Casual-Dhole, I changed the colors up a bit though

4 Star Senior Officer

Offline Lance Corpral J.Luther

• Avid Aardvark
  • FDF Heavy Weapons Unit
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine, Breed Is Currently Unknown
  • Coloring: His fur consists of a rough, thick slightly cut black, With many scars mainly on his arms, chest and his face and muzzle clearly shown on his armor.
  • Height: 5"9 ft
  • Weight: 11.4 St
  • Build: Through personal and overall intense training Delta is rather muscular but slightly below average on height.
  • Currently: Im Baaaaaaaaaack! >:D
« Reply #492 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
Delta stood silent, hearing the news like he had heard CEPK before, shaking it off, he picked his brothers goggles up from the ground, brushing some of the dirt frm them, and sticking them on his head smirking behind his mask which he hadnt taken off just yet, turning he went for his quaters without a word, claiming the right bunk as his own. Placing a large assault marksmens rifle on the table, attaching a sniper scope to the naked heavy weapon, fliping a mag up, with a gun larger than a Barrett 50.cal by atleast a good 4 inches in length and one in width, he cocked the heavy mechanism with a huge snap, placing that lent barrel up on the wall beside him as he set down on a stool, he brought out his brothers SA80 Mark II, smirking he brushed the dust off  the ancient rifle, checking it, he popped out the mag and pulled the chamber, a round flyng out the ejector, he began to clean it silently, brining out his man brushes and utensils cleaning out the barrel and eventually taking it apart, in the room only clatter and clink of metal versus metal could be heard faintly, other than that, Silence...
The Old Lie... "Dulce Et Decorum, Pro Patria Mori..."

Guardian MECH- Experimental Heavy Unit

Offline Master Sgt. Ember

• Avid Aardvark
  • The Gamemaster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: All Powerful Chinchilla
  • Coloring: Gray fur, mousy face
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: Approx~ 180
  • Build: Curvy and Lanky
  • Currently: Wanting to run a Roleplaying game
« Reply #493 on: December 16, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
Ember nodded and saluted the General at the back pat, then in silence loaded up her suit for combat.

The process took an hour at least. The team knew they were going in for a light encounter in the middle of the desert, so they exchanged plates for faster, camouflaged armor, able to withstand one tank shot or a number of infantry rounds. They attatched two rounds to their miniguns, rubber bullets designed not to kill, and normal, anti infantry rounds.

As the rest of the team assembled their suits, Ember sat on a crate outside, smoking. She would have to kill foxes probably. Misguided, but foxes none the less. She knew she wasn't a negotiator. The success of changing over the enemy to their side would fall heavily on the others.

She stretched and walked back into the hangar, where her crew had just finished installing the Jackrabbit X-21 series scout leggings to the suits. Now they could get in, moving at over 120 miles per hour, maneuver, then get out. She saw the flamethrower on her own mech, a specialization she made a long time ago and where she got the nickname Flashfire.

She cracked her knuckles, and jumped into her cockpit, the metal womb closing down and reigistering her body. Her radio crackled to life.

Outside of the hangar, Steel company came out, looking like sand itself, hoisting miniguns on either appendage, making their way towards the heavy chopper.

Offline Steine

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #494 on: December 16, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Echo sighed sharply. He had so much to do in such little time. He needed to get himself sorted out, pull his old armour out, get the Mech up to date and re-familiarise himself with the cockpit.
Echo pressed a finger against the button of an intercom, which connected to most other intercomms in the hanger, including the loudspeakers.

"Hey fellas, this is Echo, the grease monky for Conflict, the mech that Delta pilots. I would appreciate it if a few of you could lend your paws. I understand most of you might have to kill foxes; if we can't control the peace, and tinkering with metal can control your nerves. Trust me, I know."

He sighed as he took his finger off the intercom, waiting for a reply as he pressed the enter key and the mech hissed as it disengaged the lightweight guns. "People will change after tomorrow..." He muttered to himself.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:29:58 PM by Specimen 35-Echo »