The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: On the Topic of Fursonas...  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Riku Aotsuki

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Who...am I...?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard!
  • Coloring: Primarily a blue so pale it's almost white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 95lbs not including the weight of his fur.
  • Build: Very lean, but enough muscle so as not to look skeletal.
  • Currently: Listening to music!
On the Topic of Fursonas...
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:36:26 AM »
Do you have only one? If you do, is it you, who you want to be, a small part of you, or just a character to be? If you have several, why? Are you just indecisive? Or you you like having multiple fursonas just so you don't get bored? Or perhaps they're different sides of you? List them if you want, and what they are to you.
I have several, and each develops kinda on their own around a core detail and part of me. Here's my list, in no particular order.
Riku Aotsuki- snow leopard/housecat mix, he represents the deep, spiritual part of me that's rooted in  nature's majesty.
Jaiyden&Bailey- winged cat twins, they represent the part of me striving for balance; yin and yang.
Tai- a tiger, he is the threshold of unrestrained rage, but also self control.
Sanji Seiteki- a fox, he represents sensuality and love.
Matthias- cheetah, he's the speed-loving part of me, as well as, to a degree, my realistic ideal.
Fen- a small wolf, he is self-doubt and self-fear.
Rei- a cat, she represents purity unmarred by naivete or innocence. Also, extroversion.
Zeke- also a cat, he's both suave and bold(in looks AND speech).
Kynan- badger, he is wisdom. Redwall lovers, he was inspired by Russano the Wise.
Snowflake- another snow leopard, he's both slight fear of public opinion and hippyness.
Elijah- river otter, he's playfulness and to a lesser extent, actual courage.

And that's the primary ones...
Many children fear the darkness. The wisest know that this is foolishness; it is the shadows that should be feared.
~Riku Aotsuki
The you you think of as you is not you. The you that thinks of you as you is not you. Who then, desires to become enlightened?
~Jed McKenna

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: On the Topic of Fursonas...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
I have one, Anoni, the furry manifestation of myself in all it's forms. I see Anoni as myself, but not myself as Anoni.

Though I was thinking of getting another character, more for art than for socializing though :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:46:28 AM »
Luggz iskinda just me or at least what I'd like to be but in a furry version of me... albeit with a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing going on XD
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:18:54 AM »
Luke is like me in some ways, and what i wish i could be in others. He's my ideal me. It's like anoni said, i see him as me, but not me as him. ^_^
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »
My one fursona, being my Otterself, is literally just me as an Otter >>
There's nearly no physical differences aside from the obvious furry ones, and personality is also the same, as well.

I could never have multiple "fursonas", simply because I would feel much more divided. Though I have one other character, which is just my German Shepherd fursona recycled, renamed, and reskinned, so to speak.

Offline Riku Aotsuki

• Boisterous Bear
  • Who...am I...?
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Leopard!
  • Coloring: Primarily a blue so pale it's almost white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 95lbs not including the weight of his fur.
  • Build: Very lean, but enough muscle so as not to look skeletal.
  • Currently: Listening to music!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 03:43:11 AM »
For me, the "he's me, but I'm not him" bit works strangely. Depending on my mood and current activities, I basically AM one of them. They're all me, but I'm one of them at any given time.
Many children fear the darkness. The wisest know that this is foolishness; it is the shadows that should be feared.
~Riku Aotsuki
The you you think of as you is not you. The you that thinks of you as you is not you. Who then, desires to become enlightened?
~Jed McKenna

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 02:12:16 AM »
I have my one fursona who represents the type of person that I want to/ will be. :)
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Lupi

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Fur: White. Hair: Black.
  • Height: 174cm
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Slim-Medium build
  • Currently: Drawing anthro Hetalia characters
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Just one.
Lupi- What'd become if all my split personalities merged; an animal...