The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New furry digital store - currently in closed beta  (Read 1237 times)

Offline ThePiachu

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
New furry digital store - currently in closed beta
« on: September 16, 2012, 03:09:56 AM »

For awhile I've been working on code for an online store to sell digital copies of comics, artwork and the like. The site is coming along nicely and is currently functional in a test-state. If anyone is interested in getting a sneak-peak before the site goes live, or would like to sell their digital wares through it, please PM me.

So, on to some detail about what to expect:
-The site will be powered by Bitcoins (www.weusecoins.com if you wish to find out more) - no hassle with credit cards or third party payment processors, as well as letting us spoil our sellers a bit (we're planning on doing daily payouts of earnings and so forth)
- It will be hosted on Google App Engine - high uptime, high speed and some of the fattest pipes on the Internet
- Google login for accounts - no need to create yet another account, no chance of your password getting stolen from us
- No DRM, no tricks, re-download on demand - Better than buying music from iTunes - pay for something once, download it however many times you wish, do with it as you please. We won't watermark files with your credentials to sue you

So yeah, I'm looking into getting this project off the ground soon, and I hope it will be a useful tool for the furry community.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
Re: New furry digital store - currently in closed beta
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:44 PM »
it sounds nice but I think I don't going to use it. I use ideal and that is with a band and free.
for me free and for the person how will get the money. and I can take the money back after 3 months that I did pay. so I am sure I can trust somebody.

so why using this way?

Offline ThePiachu

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:06:26 AM »
Hmm, I'm sorry, but I think some meaning got lost in the translation. From what I gather you use some subscription method, probably from a site like FurAfterDark, SexyFur or the like. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying the website will appeal to everyone, but with it I want to give everyone more choice in the matter. I don't think that using just the subscription sites might be ideal - some of them might be very exclusive about what artists can join them, not providing too much variety. Some people might not have $30 dollars to pay up at once for a month, and would rather just see one good comic for $3.

In the end, it's better to have alternatives, even if you don't use them, than just be stuck with one way of doing things you might not agree with.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
eeuh... no idea is a method that almost everyone use here in the netherlands use.
everyone can use it.

but you are okay. more method is better. sorry for my english

Offline ThePiachu

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:12:04 AM »
eeuh... no idea is a method that almost everyone use here in the netherlands use.
everyone can use it.

Hmm, maybe those are wire transfers, as in paying from directly form bank to bank? Where I live they are also very popular and cheap, but there are problems when you want to send internationally (quite expensive and slow), plus they are not too popular in North America as far as I know. As the store will be international, use of Bitcoin will make it very cheap and fast.