The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heroes: Rising  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
Heroes: Rising
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
The quiet night seemed to press down on Luke. The silence seemed almost tangible, as if he could reach out and tear it from the very air. He shook his head, trying to clear it. He had to keep moving, or else...well, he wasn't sure what would happen, but he figured running from it was better than actually finding out.
The crisp, mountain air filled Luke's lungs as he began to jog down the mountainside. It was tiring work, but he eventually found himself at the edge of a small town. Luke didn't like going into towns, not after what had happened. But he knew he had to; he was tired and hungry. He stopped into a small cafe, ordered a plate of mashed potatoes, a small coffee, and water. Then, as the food was brought to him, a woman entered th cafe and sat down across from him. His eyes went wide.
"Don't make any sudden movements, this place is surrounded," she said softly, "They will not hesitate to shoot."
"Go ahead," said Luke, a growl forming in his throat. "I'm not afraid to die. In fact i almost welcome..." But she cut him off.
"Oh, no you misunderstand me. They won't shoot, YOU. No, they'll shoot EVERYONE else in this cafe. And, if that doesn't stop you, they'll move on." Her voice was sickeningly sweet as she said this, and Luke knew she wasn't lying. He knew her too well. She had him trapped, and she knew it. Unless...he smirked. She had never been a very good strategist.
"But, what happens if i do this?"
Suddenly, she was lifted into the air, then smashed to the floor, knocking her out. Using his mind, he brought her into his arms, using her as a human shield. Luke stood in front of the window for a few seconds, making sure to show it off to the shooters, then made his way as quickly as he could through the back door.
After what felt like hours, he dropped her body and ran, changing directions every few kilometers. His breath came in ragged gulps, but he didn't stop. He couldn't stop. He could never stop.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Re: Heroes: Rising
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »
Bent over into the stream she kept her bucket at the current, slowly filling them. It was hard work every day, but it was peace. Out here nobody bothered her, and she lived as she wished, and practiced. Noticing they they have sinked she sighed and pulled them out by the handles onto the soil. Producing a metal rod she slid it through the bucket handles and slung it over her shoulder. With each one it balanced each other out and allowed easier carrying.
Turning away from the stream she walked to her little nook hidden under a dead tree. She liked the wild, But here in America was allot different from her home. It was mostly always warm here, and so far the only snow she saw was just a light snow compared to Russia. With a sigh she huffed the pole back up as it threatened to slide down her back. Just then her ear perked up. Turning to her right he was far too close to react with the buckets and pole on her shoulders.
 With him slamming into her she fall back with the water spilling everywhere. With a grunt she fell on her back with her head hitting the ground hard. Dazed she looked around trying to find something to bring herself up. Once the blurriness went away she spotted her attacker with a flared anger. "What do you think your doing?! Running into me like that!" She yelled at the man as she sat up rubbing the back of her head.

• Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 12:15:02 AM »
In a nearby tree, Lark watched with interest, her green eyes piercing the semi-darkness, aided by her other senses.
[What's going on down there?] she thought, scratching an ear.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »
Luke just lay there, face first in the dirt. Some girl had come out of nowhere as he had tried tomake his way through the forest, and now he lay there, panting. He looked up at the girl and tried to form words, but he was barely getting enough oxygen to breathe, let alone talk. So he held up a paw while he caught his breath, partially to keep her from talking...and partially to blast her away should the need arise.

"I was...*pant*...running from...*pant*...and they...*pant*...when I...*pant*...who ARE you?" Luke finally managed.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • at the end of fear, oblivion.
    • Awards
  • Species: Holloween Fox
  • Coloring: crimson red fur. tip of tail is orange. chest fur is white. short black hair. tips of ears also oange.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 160llbs
  • Build: a slim fit "surfer" build
  • Currently: lonely but not as much anymore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »
Claire had heard the yelling from her camp not far away from the river. She had stopped to give he horse Nightwing a rest. She ran towards the commotion to find a girl on the ground soaked head to toe with a man laying next to her panting. She walked up to them hands resting on her hips, wind blowing throu her hair that hung under her cowgirl hat. "Everything alright here?" She said with a slight souther accent. The mist coming from the river felt good on her legs but with the chilled night wind she was regreting wearing her shorts and open back top. But she couldn't resist showing off he gourgeous pink fur and white spots as well as her long legs.

Scout Sniper

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 1&quot;
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »
Standing up she glared at the man as he hunched over breathing hard. With the sound of dripping she felt her fur get damp almost all over as the water soaked through her cloths. With a growl she continued to yell, not caring for his pants of breath. "Great! Now I'm soaked!" She growled shaking her hands as a little water sprays off of her. "Who am I?" She repeated your question with anger in her tone. "The question is what are you doing running into people you don't even know!" She yelled picking up her pole and looking for her buckets. With a growl she spots them and returns her gaze upon you as you slowly stand back up returning her stare.

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
  • only one of my forms... the Thel
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: varies
  • Height: varies
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:57 PM »
Tanya was sitting behind the wheel of a truck with a cargo of cushions in her trailer. It was late already and she should get some rest but she didn't want to stop too close to L.A.
Another half hour later she'd spent listening to music the Thel was far enough and parked her vehicle on a desgnated parking lot. Too tired to walk and since her wings had been unused for the past few days she spread them and took off with her rucksack on her back.
For once she wanted to sleep in a real bed and found a motel nearby.
Dressed in black jeans and a white t-shirt she landed in front of the building. Looking around to make sure there was nothing out of the ordinary she entered and asked for a room.
Though the owner questioned her she didn't answer a single one. She was happy when she could leave the smoky room to breathe fresh air again.
Hurriedly she walked to her room, unlocked the door and entered after a last glance around and locked the door when she was inside.
[cont.]

Post Merge: October 26, 2012, 05:27:50 PM
She dropped her backpack on the bed and took out her clothes and laptop.
Booting up the computer she undressed and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. It was refreshing and she felt the tiredness seep into her blue striped body.
A noise alerted her to something but when she came into the main room it was empty. Nothing seemed to be amiss.
Shaking her head and lifting an eyebrow she continued drying her mane with the towel.
After getting dressed in a long wide t-shirt the Thel got comfortable on the bed to check her emails but before she got to it she fell asleep.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:27:50 PM by Shapeshifter, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Coloring: crimson red fur. tip of tail is orange. chest fur is white. short black hair. tips of ears also oange.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »
Claire approched the soaked girl. "Now take it easy there. Let the man catch his breath, he looks like he just tried to race a wild stallion on foot. Now I'm Claire, what's your name darlin'?" She wraped the jacket that she had carried with her around the shivering girl. "There better?"

Scout Sniper

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »
Moving quietly, Lark leapt to a tree closer to the other furries, trying to get a better look. However, just then, her accelerated probability powers started glitching, and she ended up on a limb that couldn't support her weight.
"EEP!" the cat screamed, falling through the air to land on something soft and warm...

(Your choice, guys...) X3
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »
Claire was hit by something large and made an "eep" sound as it fell on her. She looked on her back to. Find a cat.. "well ello darlin'. Mind gettin off?"

Scout Sniper

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 12:59:42 AM »
Lark widened her eyes. "Heh heh... sorry, lady," she said, slipping off of Claire and offering her a hand to get up.

(Nice profile picture... Bruce Campbell, right?)

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 01:33:48 AM »
Claire takes the cats hand. "No worries. I'm always happy to break a pretty ladys fall.  The names Claie what's yours?" Claire dusted off her legs and but then offered her hand to Lark.

(Thanks and yeah it is.)

Scout Sniper

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 1&quot;
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »
With all the commotion Katelyn escapes from the shuffle with her staff and her temper in check. Into the night she treads back to her hidden home, hopefully un noticed. Weaving around corners and through brush she looks back every so often, making sure she has not been followed till she stops at a large dead oak tree. The trunk went half way up only to die and wither away into nothingness, the lower half of the old dead oak tree grew into a massive root system that stretched along the ground to burry into the ground. Placing a hand on one of the massive roots the root shook and moved revealing a secret hidden room under the tree. Stepping inside she inhales the air with a sigh of relief and closes the way she came. Setting down her empty buckets with a small sigh.

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
  • only one of my forms... the Thel
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: varies
  • Height: varies
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 06:46:22 AM »
(@Kit Aalish: Who is your character? What abilities does she have? Could you please at least post a description in the OOC thread? And there are others who would like to post as well!)
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 06:55:54 AM »
(Ill repost her in OOC but she's also in the you fursona(s) thread. I posted three chars there in two differrent posts.)

Scout Sniper