The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heroes: Rising  (Read 8959 times)

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Re: Heroes: Rising
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 09:41:55 PM »
Just as she started to descend she felt her body being pulled away from the cliff edge. Gripping the rock it slipped through her fingers as she plummeted to the ground. With a small eep, the landing was softened by an invisible cushion. Now standing she took a second as her legs stop trembling. "There." She said pointing at a small cave entrance, barely noticeable behind a thick shrub. Walking inside there is a single crate at the back and an old bon fire in the middle.
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 02:12:49 AM »
Inside the cave, Luke looked around. It was small, but not uncomfortably so. A bonfire burned in the center, and a crate, he assumed full of supplies, was sitting against a wall. He peeked out of the smaal entrance to see if they were being followed. When he saw no one, hecollapsed onto the ground, allowing himself a moment to relax. It occured to Luke that he didn't know this girl's name.
"Okay, now that we've been thoroughly introduced, my name is Luke," he said, somewhat out of breath.
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »
Walking inside she walks straight for the crate popping the lid. "Katelyn." She says flatly. With the lid off she tosses it aside and rummages through the crate dumping a few jars covered in plastered salt along with dried meat. There was also a basic survival tools, a knife, flint stone, a few herbs, and a picture. Pulling it out last she takes a deep breath tucking it under her clothing to keep safe. Turning her attention back to the Luke she glares at him. "I think you owe me an explanation."

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »
Luke sat up, shoulders slumped. He knew this was coming, and he always hated this part.He turned to face Katelyn.
"Alright, well i might as well start at the beginning. Get comfortable, 'cause it's a long story. It all started a few years ago, when my ability first developed. These people came to me and said they wanted to study me. There was this guy with horn-rimmed glasses and this Haitian, and they took some blood, did some tests, gave me a couple challenges. They said they could help me develop my powers. Then...well, i met this girl there. She said she had a power, but she never showed it to me. The Company had just sent her to learn about me under the radar. When i found out what they were REALLY upto, i ran. And i've been on the run ever since. They're trying to capture me, study me, disect me, all that good stuff. They must have found me. I have no idea how."
He gave Katelyn a look, then asked, "What about you? What's your story?"
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:59 AM »
Sitting down she brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs. Staring into the fire she only sighed and began her tale. "Mine started when I was about nine. I lived in Russia. Over the years I have kept it secret, but... Things got complicated when my parents found out. They shunned me. So I ran away. But I didn't want to stay home so I came to the "Land of Opportunity.""....
"Pfft. Much good this place is,... After many failed attempts of having a normal life I just decided to live in these woods. But I cant do that now..." With a sigh she slumped her back staring into the flames as they danced before her, casting her shadow against the cave wall behind her.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:43:13 AM by FurryJunky »

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:25 PM »
Luke moved over to her and, not sure how to comfort her, he settled for patting her shoulder.
"I'm sorry."
But he didn't think she would accept the apology. He had destroyed her home, made her leave it, led the Company right to her door, and now she was going to be on the run. Just like him. No friends, no family...nothing. Suddenly, he felt the loneliness he surpressed come crashing over him.
"You could come with me," he said, without meaning to. Damn that loose jaw! he thought, mentally kicking himself.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »
Feeling his touch on her shoulder she did not flinch, granting him a sigh from her lips. Perking her ears slightly at his offer she pondered it. She was always alone through her life, not much of a peoples person, but then again, nobody was like her. But this was different, he knew what she felt, he has been down the same rode. With a slow nod she said. "I guess I can tag along... Nothing left for me back home anyways." Reaching behind herself she grabbed one of the pieces of dried meat and took a bite, it tasted much like jerky as it was smoke cooked, then salted to keep fresh for long periods of time. Chewing silently she brought her legs down into a cross-legged position to eat better.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
Luke sighed with relief. It would be good to have company on the road. Being on the run was a lonely business. He watched Katelyn eat for a moment, then moved over to the cave's entrance.
The sky was darkening, and he decided to take the first watch. The fire popped merrily behind him, and the stars twinkled into existance in the sky, like celstial eyes opening for the first time. Unconsciously, he pulled three small rocks from the inner pocket of his duster, then spun them in a circle over his palm. He softly hummed a lullaby to himself, one he never knew where he learned it from, but seemed burned into his brain. The rocks bobbed in time with the lullaby, and his mind quieted. He sat stone-like, images of pale blue wallpaper flying through his mind, of a man and woman, of a white tail that refused to stop moving so he could catch it. He purred a little, then continued to hum, his own tail swishing with the beat. A sense of longing fell over him, and the scar over his right eye seemed to burn.
Luke had the great urge to howl, but he surpressed it, and instead settled for slumping on a wall. He saw needles, the man and woman crying as they grew smaller, and all the while he heard the cry "NO!! HELP ME!!!"

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
The snow fell around her feet from all ends as she walked into the night. The air chilled to the bone as her breath came in white huffs. She walked a fresh patch of snow, unbroken and clean. In the distance two figures where visible through the light snow, her parents. Yelling there name she ran now. Trying in vain to reach them. Just as she was but a few feet away the snow kicked up, wiping them from sight. Yelling there name they did not come back, and she was alone now with another misted figure. He held a knife, and was getting closer right at her now-

Waking with a startle she swings her right hand onto her metal pole as it takes its shape into the first weapon she thought of. Standing up with sword in had she looked around the cave to see Luke sitting up against the cave wall shuddering as if in fear. Turning to him she kneeled down infront of him saying his name, "Luke! Luke?! Can you hear me? Snap out of it!"  She looked into his eyes, trying to find him, but the eyes that looked back where not seeing, he was still in his trance. Placing her hands on his shoulders she shook him, trying to get him back to her. "Luke! Wake up!" She half yelled into his ear.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »
The images in Luke's head intensified, flashing, pulsing in his mind, like a heart of pain. But suddenly, his vision returned to normal and he saw Katelyn standing over him.
"Wha-what happened?"

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 01:09:30 AM »
Letting go of your shoulders she walked to the cave entrance seeing it pitch black out. With a sigh she poked the embers of the fire and added a log. Looking back at you she only shook her head. "You started screaming in your sleep." Taking a pause to look at the fire and one last chest if anyone heard she turned back too you saying, "Are you ok?:

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
Luke knew exactly what happened. Those nightmares had been a part of his life ever since he had developed his ability. He had no idea what they meant or who those people were, but he did know that he didn't like revealing his condition. It made him look weak, like he needed to be comforted, but he didn't have time for that. So he played dumb.
"Probably just a bad nightmare," he said, shrugging. "I'm fine, thanks."
He sat back down by the fire, hugging himself.
"We should head out in the morning. We need to get out of this area as soon as possible."

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
Walking back to her spot she sits down against the cave wall putting her tail in her lap, crossing her legs, and crossing her arms over her chest. Letting out a deep sigh she closes her eyes, trying desperately to chase down the sleep that eluded her. After another hour of silence she looked up with heavy eyes staring into the embers of the fire. Putting on the last log she shuffles closer to the fire holding out her hands to it, if she could not sleep, she would try and make herself comfortable. Muttering a few words in Russian to herself she lets out another sigh and gets up walking outside.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »
(GUYS)
(could you please wait for the rest of us?)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • only one of my forms... the Thel
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: varies
  • Height: varies
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
Her transformation seemed to elicit a reaction and as soon as the door opened poison flew that way hitting the person straight in the eyes. She was a spitting Cobra after all.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" the man screamed covering his hurting eyes.
Instead of answering Tanya ran for the door pushing the man aside. She sprinted along a white corridor. While running the Cobra became an impressive biped Western Dragon with big horns and strong wings.
She knew she looked ridiculous dressed in the wide white shirt but it didn't matter.
At first there was no one in the corridors but when she turned the corner for the third time two armed guards appeared. Using her wings she was upon them in a flash taking them out of action with her clawed paws.
Without thinking about it she kept going forward into the next wall ending up in some kind of hangar. Having more freedom of movement now she gained height and held on to a rafter high in the spacious room.
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter