The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Our Ghosts Went To The Stars (OOC)  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
Our Ghosts Went To The Stars (OOC)
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
This is the introduction to a story and roleplay idea I've had for over a year now. It's still largely in progress but I thought I would drop this by to see if it may interest anyone.

Our Ghosts Went to the Stars:

There exists in our distant future dark things we bring upon ourselves. Things done in the name of progress and labeled with good intentions, as most of our history is wrote of. But even the most carefully wrought plans can meet a grizzly end. And in this case it is so...

Set in years far beyond our comprehension, this story begins. Us as a species have expanded to the neighboring planets of Sol System, but only on one do we establish an actual colony project in hopes of terraforming a new habitable world. This honored world was Mars. Initial attempts at forging self sufficient cities were difficult to put things lightly, but it wasn't too long before revolutionary discoveries were made.

In the process of trying to become self sufficient, the Mars Colonies began excavation of native minerals to lighten the load of Earth imported minerals. During one of these digs of an interesting new elemental compound, something was found within the ground. This something was alien. A true artifact of a civilization unknown. With its discovery came the most exciting turn of events in all of Furry kind history. Indeed exciting events, but at the same time terrible to behold...

Scientists of Mars began creating whole new strains of technology from the artifact they had found. Sustainable energy, durable materials for ship design, unbelieveable medical machines, the invention of a ship module to allow for faster than light travel, and the deadliest of weaponry that was ever known. It was a huge leap forward for our species with countless numbers of technological improvements. Where there is power though, there is struggle.

Finally realizing its goal to become a self sufficient world, Mars began breaking ties with Earth. The first of those ties being the Government. With the ability to hold their own, Mars believed they could govern themselves and tried peacefully declaring Independence from S.O.N., or Senate Of Nations, the ruling Earth and Sol based government. With this declaration they formed a Mars ruling system appropriately named M.A,R.S., or Ministry of Aerospace, Rediscovery of Sol.

It was at this point that SON saw a truely threatening presense from their previous colony. And in most senses they were a threat with highly advanced weaponry, but MARS saw no reason to use what they had against their own kind. Their new ruling system was made largely on the ideals of progress and knowledge, being a ministry composed almost entirely of scientists. Even with that point, SON still saw it reasonable to take forceful action against this new opposing power in the solar system.

War. The largest civil war to ever be known. The largest conflict ever to happen. SON began with shipment embargos of supply routes to the planet Mars. This did not affect the planet in any way though, as it had successfully progressed in Terraforming to become entirely self sustaining. Tragically SON did not stop there. Attacks soon followed their first initial attempts at sacking the new Government. After these attacks, MARS saw fit to put what they had to use.

What happened next was brief and terrible. In a sudden throw of power, both factions pushed all they had at each other. This turn of events left both worlds crippled and dieing, neither powers having a home to return to. Left in empty space, those still alive wept in pained grief over what they had done. With no other choice to have, MARS took up the mantle and offered to those left of SON a new beginning. Leaving this grave behind, our ghosts went to the stars...

--------------------------------------------------

Please leave comments of any kind. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

I've worked really hard to create a background that I can build off of, possibly creating a number of stories and roleplays. This introduction is a rough idea of what things will be. It was only just a few minutes ago that I landed on a possible name of this story and roleplay. "Our Ghosts Went to the Stars". It really just hit me. As I finished typing this intro, I saw what I wrote at the end and it struck deeply.

If people like what they have read I will write more involved shorts and background stories to build up to more usable roleplay material. Thank you for reading, everyone!
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Re: Our Ghosts Went To The Stars (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Sometimes when I read things it just sucks me in... This is one of those situations. The story is amazing and the scenario so human like nature it almost seems like it could happen in real life. I would love to take part in this. But a few questions I'm not too sure about.

-When we start this, who are we going to be RPing as, the SON survives, or the MARS  inhabitance.
-When you said, " MARS took up the mantle and offered to those left of SON a new beginning"
Does this mean that the planet Mars is still inhabitable and is stable... At the moment.
-Will there be interstellar travel to other solar systems?

• Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:12:01 PM »
Thank you for that, FurryJunky! I've done a lot of work on this in the past year, and it's taken this long for me to be satisfied enough with what I have to introduce it to the world.

To answer your questions:

1.) The first roleplay I have planned is going to take place on two spacecrafts. One spacecraft being a colonization frigate equipped for, you guessed it, colonization. This craft is very large and can hold a sizable population. The second spacecraft is a military equipped scout frigate. Its main purpose is to jump ahead of the colonization frigate in faster than light travel to make sure the area they come out at will be safe. Who we will be roleplaying as is mixed as all the survivors of the civil war were rounded up into MARS spacecrafts for deep space travel. They're all on MARS ships because they are the ones with the technology to find and inhabit very distant worlds.

2.) MARS takes up the mantle because they have the technology possible to leave the destroyed worlds in search of new ones.

3.) The first roleplay I have planned takes place on those two previously mentioned ships as they come out of faster than light travel, only to find that they came out at a different place than where the rest of the remaining Furry Kind had gone. So yes, there will be travel to other solar systems.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
~Rubs hands together~ Perfect!
Ill wait then until you post a character sheet and more people respond to your  thread. I hope this gets off the ground, it has allot of potential.

• Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:17:45 PM »
I have to warn people now that the roleplay is going to have nasty twists. I'll reveal everything about the laid out story before anything real happens.

Offline Rekkr

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Polar Bear
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 8' 4''
  • Weight: 1,125 lbs.
  • Build: Bulky, muscled with a round gut
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »
Color me intrigued. I'd definitely like to see how this develops. I like the promise of 'dark twists', what sort of dangers lurk among the stars and these unknown worlds? So, will the fighting vanguard of the colonists be fighting back vicious native life-forms on the precious few livable planets in the galaxy? Will they need soldiers for 'bug-hunts', so to speak? >:3

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
Here is some of my original idea for the roleplay and story back from May, 2011. Much of the original idea stands present.

http://pastebin.com/5xquNSZx
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:05:06 PM by Lizard »

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-plant
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Taking the Hero's Path
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 02:49:55 AM »
Great concept, I'm in.

Offline Dirtcopter77

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Our Ghosts Went To The Stars (OOC)
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 05:41:50 PM »
Is there still room for another? :)

This sounds like a lot of fun. It's a good story. I'll post my character sheet after others post theirs.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:00:27 PM by Dirtcopter77 »
Furry Code: FDL3adrw A++++ H-- M- R+++ T++ W Sm RLCT* a- cn++++ d+++ e++ f-- h- i++ j--- p+++ sm-

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »
Same here. Sounds like a great story!
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Mountain Goat
  • Coloring: Super pale blue tint
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 59kg
  • Build: Average, yet bulked up by fur, taurian
  • Currently: Humanish, but only slightly
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
This looks interesting indeed, I too am drawn by the phrase 'dark twists'. I may or may not join, however its definitely looking pretty good so far.
If you eat poison, don't forget to lick the dish. - Japanese Proverb

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Clydsdale Anthro
  • Coloring: Brown with with a white spot on his nose and a splatter of white from his lower back to butt
  • Height: 7' 3"
  • Weight: 260 Pounds
  • Build: Tall with medium muscle, working on the forge and hunting has made him strong
  • Currently: FurryForum Newb having a good time
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 06:09:19 AM »
This sounds amazing! Any plans on making this into an RP?

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »
This looks pretty cool.  :D
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 01:39:33 AM »
This project is on an indefinite hold.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15:10 AM »
Aww...  It looked interesting too.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.