The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ceaser Milian Starts New Life, And Opens Up About His Depression  (Read 2169 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Ceaser Milian Starts New Life, And Opens Up About His Depression
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
Ceasar Milian, the star of the show "Dog Whisper", is now opening up about his sucuide attempt and depression. His life took a turn for the worse in 2010 after his divorce and the death of his beloved dog Daddy.
mHe worked through his depression with the help of his dogs, exercise, and work, and now he's using his story to help others that are also suffering from depression.
"It made me become aware of the pain I needed to deal with and to start the healing process," he says. "I am sharing this in my bio to help others who might feel like I did at that point."

Currently, he's going to tell his story in a documentry Cesar Millan: The Real Story, whitch will air on Nat Geo Wild on Nov. 25. , and has found a new fiance who he says is  "The One" He says "It was important for me to explain all the aspects that have led to my new chapter. Although it was a dark moment for me, it showed me that I still needed to be here and I have a lot more to do."

Here are some more articles with more about it:

I think that it's really brave of Ceaser to be so open about such a dark time in his life, and it really means a lot to me because I look up to him myself. I'm glad that he's found happiness again, and I wish him the best going forward. :D

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
Re: Ceaser Milian Starts New Life, And Opens Up About His Depression
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
That's really nice to hear.  :)  I've never followed the show avidly, but I've always greatly admired his ways with animals and how strongly he connects with them.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »
Yeah, that's the one thing that drew me to him and his show, that he believes that all dogs can be rehabilitated... I think all dogs should be given that chance, you know?

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
Yeah, I hate seeing owners being neglectful or treating their dogs badly because they think their dog is some sort of evil lost cause. You can't just get a dog and expect it to be perfect without you putting any effort in, but that's how many people seem to act.

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Friday

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Such fearful symmetry.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter!
  • Coloring: Brown fur, cream chest oval. Blue eyes.
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 155
  • Build: Fit, leanish build. Almost always smiling.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
I'm not a fan of Milan, his dog training methods are old-school and he basically terrifies the dogs into not disobeying. That being said, I'm glad he's doing something positive for other people and I'm glad he's feeling happy with his life.
In what distant deeps or skies burnt the fire of thine eyes?

We are not like Lot's wife, you and I; we feel no particular need to turn back. There's nothing to be seen if we did.

"To be able to employ language to evoke emotions in others is a tremendous skill."
-Fall-From-Grace

Avatar by the awesomest Vent Kazemaru! (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ventkazemaru/)