The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm in danger, scared.  (Read 853 times)

Offline Takamei Edevane

• The Director
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I only noticed when I felt my hair go crunchy o.o
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5ft10
  • Weight: 71kg
  • Currently: Emotional
Re: I'm in danger, scared.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
Er where do I get pepper spray from?
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
I'm not sure because I dunno what state you are from, you could google it or maybe ask an officer about it and how you want to be able to defend yourself because you don't feel safe :P
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Takamei Edevane

• The Director
  • Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
I live in England. I don't even know if I can have one legally. Guess Ill ask Google or a police officer.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
I suggest you ask the police for advice. They are trained to know what to do at all times like these and are used to crime in your area. Tell them you don't feel safe, tell them you need to know how to protect yourself. They might be able to provide a self defence 101? I have no idea. They are probably a safer bet than asking people on an online forum. Being professionals and all.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 09:30:56 PM »
Doesn't sound like the old rozzer to not put any welly into their job.
Not to sound old fashioned, but perhaps calling 999?
Mind you the old bill may have more important jobs than to deal with some chavs.
Try them all the same. Weapons are a no no as they can easily turn them against you.
Told your parents?
Best of luck.
you can always try reasoning with them.

Offline AlmarRaccoon

• Eager Elephant
  • Oh snap, do a little dance!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Orange, Red
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: New colors for my fursona :)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
I'm not sure what to do, but I hope your fine and that it gets worked out. :S
  • Avatar by: Casual-Dhole, I changed the colors up a bit though

4 Star Senior Officer

Offline Indecipherable

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
I can understand how bad you feel - it's like bullying, but 10x worse. Agreeing with the other posters, pepperspray is one of your best bets.
But...
Such a large number of people will not be easily repelled by the spray. I'm not an expert, but it sounds like they will overpower you.
It's also understandable why you may face a dilemma about telling your parents. I suggest you still do, but don't alarm them. Can the police maybe send someone out to help you? Maybe monitor you the next time you go out?
Also, make sure that the police UNDERSTANDS the severity of the situation. Tell them everything. Push them to do something. Make your recount of the story as vivid as possible - they must be subconsciously willing to help. Speak to different people in the police department - this increases your chance of success. Stop using the same way or alley when you go out, look around to see if you can spot the offenders, change the time when you go out -- RUN if you can see them coming after you. Get to a public place where the people there can actually do something about it and demoralise the gang that is after you, as the more people have evidence, the better.
Remember: they won't stop until they get that you are NOT an easy prey, and  in fact, not a prey at all!

Offline Takamei Edevane

• The Director
  • Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
Thanks guys. My dad is fully aware of the situation and is the one who called the police when I got home. There are better details of what happened in my journal. But yes, I have just found out that pepper spray is illegal in England and I cannot carry any sort of weapon at all. I'm not sure who I am meant to talk to in the police, but I will hopefully talk to somebody soon.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »
If you're not talking to the right person, they will refer you to the one you should be talking to. They're not all power abusing bastards. XD

Offline Duke

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Who knows?
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 197 lbs
  • Build: Medium muscular build
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
i think you should carry something with you too aswell. If weapons are illegal like that how about a tazer? how about you carry a sock full of rocks swing it around an wack some of them assholes in the head. Dont take it ok? Dont let them get you. Let them know you will not be f*cked with. I learned that going to other people who are SUPPOSEDLY supposed to help, they never did. Ever. I had to always take matters into my own hands, now nobody F*cks with me ever. Not since 6 years ago.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 06:56:10 PM »
 If weapons are illegal like that how about a tazer? how about you carry a sock full of rocks swing it around an wack some of them assholes in the head.

I'm fairly certain that if a pepper Spray is illegal, then a Taser won't be allowed - considering it's just a general step up from pepper spray. And a sock full of rocks is no different than carrying around a nightstick or a club, which I don't imagine is legal either.

Let them know you will not be f*cked with. I learned that going to other people who are SUPPOSEDLY supposed to help, they never did. Ever. I had to always take matters into my own hands, now nobody F*cks with me ever. Not since 6 years ago.

If you don't tell anybody, how is anyone ever going to know? He has already told the police, he has already told his family and that's not a mistake. He's got a bunch of thugs after him, he cannot possibly fight off all of them alone. Especially when they're willing to kill him, and he can't do the same in return (as far as I know). What I say is he still has to tell the police, he has to talk to his parents, he has to get this handled and he has to do so without endangering himself. And taking on a gang of thugs, that's going to endanger him significantly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:59:00 PM by Sytex »

Offline Takamei Edevane

• The Director
  • Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 07:01:26 PM »
Yeah Sytex I agree with you. But my main fear is when they get free I will once again be in danger. Even if they are imprisoned some of their mates may try to get me. Either two things will happen. One: Will make them angrier and more dangerous. Two: They give up and leave me alone. Which is most likely though.

Offline Duke

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »
Well they carry bricks and use it as a weapon. Play dirty is all im saying. Theres really no winning in this situation. And I did tell people when this happened to me. Every effing adult in the school knew but did nothing to help me. So i took things into my own hands and I got in trouble and so what? nobody messes with me anymore, not enough to push me over the edge. You cant play nice with the people who dont play fair. Authorities often dont help unless its too late.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 07:48:02 PM »
Yes, I know how that feels, Duke. I was abused by students and teachers alike at my old Junior High - and nobody did anything but my father and Grandparents. I got robbed and those police did nothing because the thief was black, or whatever. I fought back on my own, and that earned me nothing but grief. I got in trouble, I got some people off my back, but others on it.

But, again - he'd be taking on a whole gang, a large group of thugs with knives and other weapons. Fighting back against one person might work well enough, but against a whole group like that? With such intent? He'd be going and getting himself killed/beaten again! That is not what would be advised, that would not help.

This is not a situation without victory. If he stays safe, if he lives happy enough, that is a win. And with this brought to attention, police will be more aware of the problem in his area. I'm sorry Duke, but what worked for you won't work for everyone. Especially not in this situation.

Offline Duke

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 02:12:28 AM »
I didn't think of that. I'm sorry. maybe if I was actually in his shoes feeling his pain I'd know what to do. I was riled up earlier, my bad. Anyways i really hope you the best and ill pray for you Laurence. Your best bet is the authorities but again, in my experience it wont help much if not at all. (Hopefully it is different in England.)

Is there a different rout you can take when you go out? Dont have  a precise schedule if they encounter you at the same place everyday. Now that I'm away of the amount of people after you, in a condensed area that will be hard to avoid, but it seems like your best bet if authorities wont get involved. Try to stay around populated areas, make sure there is witnesses (not those couple of 'friends' because I'm pretty sure they are too afraid to speak up and claim they saw anything) Again try to have an unaticipated type of schedule but while being in populated areas. Buses/trolleys or something of the sort. Take those instead of walking.