The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Future New York  (Read 7395 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Future New York
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 04:00:02 AM »
Waking from darkness to a white hot wire of pain, stabbing through thoughts and consciousness until it was all she could think of. Kat resisted the urge to cry out, clenching her jaw she allowed the stranger to hold her close and fought back the wave of nausea that flooded through her, dark blotches passed across her blurring vision.

"I'm sorry for that... but I had to..." Again words washed over her, a blur that barely made its way through the buzzing pain. She turned away and retched, clutching the bound arm to her chest, clenched her teeth and turned back, head swimming. Glancing down at the arm, soaked in blood, she eyed it with what scrutiny her pain-addled mind could afford. <'Setting of bone = rudimentary, chance of correct alignment ~35% ... Realignment required before setting of cast... Blood loss assumed at below critical levels, bleeding stemmed to acceptable level... Further medical help required'> The calculations rushed through her mind in silence, barely seconds passing as she clenched her jaw and nodded in response to John.

((Any sections surrounded by <Brackets> like this is translated from the language used by the NC, an amalgamation of several eastern and slavic languages))
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline JohnnyP789

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey and black
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 147
  • Build: Athletic build.
  • Currently: Wondering what to do next.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
John stands up, and lifts her up by her good arm and smiles," we are going somewhere safe so you can heal. Alright?" He began to drag her out of the alley and he looked up at the street signs smiling," we are almost there." They walked another block, and when they turned the corner, he saw spike sitting at the stoop of his house and he shouted," HEY! SPIKE!!!" he waved, almost losing his balance from her weight on him.

He leaned her against a wall," I will be back in a few just hold on. I have to get my bike." And with that he ran off, returning five minutes later, the bike roaring down the street, with his helmet on and a grin from underneath the visor. he pulled up to the house, and opened the garage door, pulled in, and parked the bike. he ran back out and lifted her up again, bringing her over to spike," I found her on the verge of death walking along a side street. She needs to rest."
  • Avatar by: Kaya. Thank you so much. XD

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 09:08:46 AM »
Spike narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the injured stranger John had decided to bring home.

"And just why do we believe she needs our help? How can you trust her?" He argued, looking at the way she looked. "And just how did she get hurt anyway? For all we know, she's out to kill you." Spike said indirectly, almost as a joke. "I think it's a bad idea to bring her inside."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »
Kat slumped down against the wall, one bloodied arm clutched to her chest. Pain flared again, the acrid taste of bile in her mouth, she clenched her jaw with a sharp intake of breath. The brief conversation between the two of them flowed around her in a meaningless babble and as John disappeared she glanced up at Spike.

<"And just why do we believe she needs our help? How can you trust her?">

She watched him in silence, deciphering his words, the pain coming and going in nauseous waves. Slowly she reached for the sidearm clipped to her flight-suit, her one good hand reached down for the pistol grip, fighting against the pain. As her fingers brushed the clip of the holster pain returned again in a fresh surge, she collapsed back against the wall again. Every ounce of her training told her to get her pistol, kill them both, but even the thought of doing so was blotted out compared to the seething pain that washed up her arm.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:40:44 PM by Kitt / Katka »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline JohnnyP789

• Foxy Fox
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
john smiled when spike said that she would try to kill him," Meh. She is in no shape to be killing anyone right now, and besides... even if she could, she would never get the chance." he looked over at her when out of the corner of his eye, he saw her reaching for her pistol. he grabbed her wrist gently, but with enough force to stop her. He unholstered her gun, and handed it to spike. He then searched her for anymore weapons. the ones he found, he handed them to spike and he smiled," There, she's not going to hurt anyone any time soon. you happy now?" he smirked and looked at her," now... you need to rest."

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 05:26:22 PM »
Spike looked at John puzzled for his reasoning behind helping this person. He took the pistol he handed over to him and put it in his belt. He took the other weapons and pocketed them as well.

"This is a bad idea, man. I think we should just shoot them now and be done." He said, pointing at her with the barrel of his rifle. "This has militia written all over it...but if you insist..."

He looked up at John's residence. "We gonna carry her inside?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »

Kat clenched her teeth against the pain as she was stripped of her pistol and the combat-blade sheathed at the thigh of her flight suit. Eyes clenched shut she surrendered the weapons without a fight, holding her bloodied arm to her chest. When Spike spoke again she opened her eyes and stared up at him, looking down the length of his rifle calmly.

After a brief pause she spoke in a hoarse voice, breath panting and labored between fractured words. "I... Am not with the Militia..." Several seconds passed as she stared up at him then, slowly she pushed the rifle away with her one good hand, reached to her left wrist and drew another concealed blade it clattered to the concrete at Spike's feet. She coughed, blood flecking her lips and muttered "If you still do not trust me... Then kill me..."

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:37:59 PM by Kitt / Katka »

Offline JohnnyP789

• Foxy Fox
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
John looked down at the blade and he smiled slightly," yes inside we go." He looked at spike," when you go in, take your first left and wait for me, i'll be there in a few seconds. I would like to talk to you, then we can hit the hay. I will show you your room in a few." He turned to her and walked up to the door, unlocking it and pushing the door open. Once he did that, there was an audible beeping coming from inside the house. He smirked and ran in, after a few seconds, the beeping stopped. he walked back outside and smiled," Sorry for that. Anyway..." He walked up to Kat, and sweeped her legs out from under her, but made sure she fell into his arms, and he smiled as he carried her up the steps and immediately took a right and walked into a bedroom. There was nothing special about the room, plain walls, a dresser and a bed. but the bed and pillows were soft and warm, and it felt almost like home.

He gently set her down on the bed and he smiled," Rest now, you have nothing to be worried about. And sorry for that, It would have been easier to carry you up that way instead of the way I have been carrying you. Don't worry... No one is going to kill you in your sleep. just relax and we can talk tomorrow morning." He walked out of the room and he looked out the window at the setting sun. he locked the door and he set what looked like an alarm, and he walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch and looking at spike," so... What were you doing in the alleyway when I almost shot you?"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 05:36:16 AM »
Spike sat in a chair opposite to John. He had placed his rifle against the side of the armrest. He looked down at the coffee table and noticed a bowl that had appeared to look like an ashtray. He took his finger and slid it closer to the middle of the table and placed it between the two of them. He reached inside his coat and pulled out 2 items; cigarettes and a folded sheet of paper.

Lighting 2 cigarettes at once, he pulled one from his lips and rested it in the ashtray on John's side for him. After, he took the sheet of paper in his hands and unfolded it, placing it flat down on the table in front of John. The coyote leaned back in his chair and stared at John from across the table.

A few moments had passed before Spike spoke. "...Do you know what that is?" He asked, pointing down at the paper in front of John, looking at him inquisitively. 

"...It's the friggin' key to taking the city..." He said, taking another drag after a short pause.

"Every scheduled munition drop. Where and when and who's getting it for the next 49 days." He added, blowing the words out through smoke, a smile stretched across his face.

"Spike dun' good this time." He laughed.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:39:04 AM by Spike_ »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »
Kat made no move to stop John as he picked her up bodily, only clenching her teeth against the grinding pain in her arm with every bump as he carried her up the stairs and into the building. Black dots swam around the edges of her vision - turning right, a bedroom, the details of it hazy and indistinct through the wash of pain. She glanced up at him as he dropped her onto the bed, suddenly aware of the dust and filth that clung to her flight suit, let alone the blood. All she could do was to nod at what he said, clutching her arm to her as he walked out and closed the door.

With John gone Kat went into motion, gritting her teeth she as sat up and reached to her left thigh for the small inconspicuous case. It flipped open at the touch of a thumb, capsules wrapped in silver foil, gauze, auto-injectors. <' Bone resetting required within next 6:00 hours...'> The field bone-cast was two simple strips of a grey metallic material, strapped around the arm either side of the breakage, it cinched tight with a whir of an internal motor, gripping the arm painfully. Kat clenched her teeth and fought back a scream as her bone cracked into position, tears in her eyes, she let it do its work.

<' Blood loss no longer assumed at below critical levels - Possibility of internal hemorrhaging ~25% ... remedying...'> She gulped down several capsules, blood clotters to stem the bleeding, anti-bacterial's for the inevitable infection of the wound. Lying on the floor of the room, propped up against the bed she swabbed and cleaned her cuts, stabbing an injector into her leg with another shudder of pain. <' Morphine dose administered ... next dose... in two... hours '> She pulled herself up, arm clutched to her chest, she slumped heavily onto the bed. Vision slowly fading away to darkness...

Offline JohnnyP789

• Foxy Fox
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 12:10:34 PM »
John picked up the cig and took a drag and he smiled," great. now we can form a plan on how to take them out. but for right now.... We can't do it alone... it's three against an army. We don't have a chance in hell..." He smiled slightly and looked up at him, taking another drag," but, now with this... we can start somewhere." He grinned," yes, you did good. I commend you friend, good job." He looked over at the room he left Kat in and he closed his eyes, sighing and he got up, walked into his room across from hers, and he got another shirt. He put it on and walked back out to the living room," and now we need a plan..." He looked down at the paper and smirked, shaking his head,"How did you do this?"

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
Outside, a riot was forming, a none too quiet one either. At the lead was a white lioness, a bandage covering her right eye socket, especially since her eye was missing. She was leading a revolt against the Militia, determination shining in her sky blue, almost white, eye. As an ex-Captain, she would do her best to liberate each place from the Militia's grasp, riot or no riot. She carries with her a set of throwing knives, hiding amongst the crowd to kill any Militia men who tried to stop her. Though, she doubted she would need to use them, seeing that most of the rioters were armed anyway. What was about to happen next wouldn't be as clear to her as to how the riot failed. Gunshots fill the air, screams and shouts echo around her in a dulled sense. All around, men and women collapse to the dirty street, dead because of a rat in her operation. A shrill ringing echoes in her ears as five soldiers file out from an abandoned building, grabbing her arms to clear her from the scene. Once everything sped up and cleared in her vision and hearing, she turns her head into an oncoming fist. She could taste blood on her tongue as tiny black dots swam across her vision. A heavy boot to the stomach made her cough and spit blood onto the grayed pavement that used to be a road. It took her a second to realize that they were going to beat her to death because of her idiocy. All of this could be seen happening from all over the city: it was being broadcasted over the television station here. The radios even report about the riot attempt, and the speech given by the major. In the street, she continued to take the beating, seeing as they had taken her weapons and kept holding her up after she would fall.
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline JohnnyP789

• Foxy Fox
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
Lets not have this die please?))

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
(Where the crap did Spike go?)
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline LostLupus

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black fur except chest which is white
  • Height: 6'0 ft
  • Weight: 176 lbs
  • Build: slightly muscular
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Alex was inside abandoned building and looked at Hikari adn the soldiers beating her through his scope "Thats just unfair guys" He muttered to himself before firing five times adn quickly leaving the room. Each of his shot hit into target and soldiers around Hikari droped dead

Sissi NCO

If you find yourself out in the open with no cover, decide to just stand as fabulous as you can and only use your handgun