The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rise To The Occasion (OOC - Open)  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • -HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!-
    • Awards
  • Species: Descendant of the Chinese Zodiac "Monkey"
  • Coloring: Dark Brown fur, light yellow eyes, light tan skin color
  • Height: 7ft. 5in.
  • Weight: 235 lbs.
  • Build: More than normal size build, long tail
  • Currently: Awaiting the next great challenger!!!
Rise To The Occasion (OOC - Open)
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:38:41 AM »
This Rp is open to new furs willing to join in, the Hero spots are closed til I say so but friends, villains, aliens, or mutants, are still available! :?

Follow the link below and please read the rules and warnings.
http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22054.0

The radio begins to crackle in the truck, "That must be them checking on me... again." the driver picks it up and answers,
"This is Base head quarters calling Tanker R5 Bravo, What is your position?, over."
"On route to location Beta 3, it's difficult to see through this storm sir, roads are slick and winds are strong, permission to return to return back to Base or pull to the side til it clears up?, over."
"Negative, keep maintaining speed and head to Beta 3, you know your orders!, over."
"Yes sir... R5 out.", with a heavy sigh he hangs up and shakes head, "This storm is crazy! How the hell am I suppose to get through this?!", yawns as he accidentally swerves, "Oh shit!!... should of taken that energy shot with me while I had the chance.", Leaning forward and trying to get a better view of the roads.

Miles else where along the same road...

With a sigh and rubbing eyes, groans, "Hey, Kai? Are you sure this was a good idea, about driving this late at night... in this freak storm?", snickers then smiles, "Granted it's better then where we just were, again sorry...", scratches back of head while holding the wheel with one hand, embarrassed about the incident. The storm rages on and picks up speed, with only the radio music and howl of the wind to the shaking thunder being heard. "You still awake back there?"

(sorry this late... Been busy as hell but will make an edit later on.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:39:47 PM by Chronic J. Payne »
"Hold your head up high, set them eyes forward, and light your heart ablaze!!!"

Offline Okami_no_Akabara

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • My reality is my dreams~
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White hi-lighted with medium warm red on tips of ears, snout, tail, and other areas. Her hair is also a red coloring.
  • Height: 5' 4"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Slender but with muscle undertone.
  • Currently: Mood=Very sick atm :<
Re: Rise To The Occasion (OOC - Open)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:14:27 AM »
Kaidenne had just been staring out at the storm brewing around them before her ear flickered and she glanced at Tyler, "Well...I didn't think the storm would get this bad. I mean we could have waited, but then we would have lost a day." She looked back out the window and sighed heavily, "Of course I am still awake. It's too noisy outside to make me feel comfortable enough to fall asleep in the car." Kaidenne grimaced slightly as lighting streaked across the sky as if dancing before its partner thunder boomed not far behind. "I hope it doesn't storm the entire time we have for vacation. If so it is going to suck. I brought my art supplies so I could draw, but I won't be able to if it's going to rain..." She was starting to get in a foul mood at this weather. Her eyes peered back at Tyler, "You better not fall asleep. If you get tired change with me and I'll drive. Your yawning makes me nervous."

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Mountain Goat
  • Coloring: Super pale blue tint
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 59kg
  • Build: Average, yet bulked up by fur, taurian
  • Currently: Humanish, but only slightly
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:04 AM »
en moaned as his head slammed into the window next to him for about the 27th time. I don't even know how a storm like this could flipping occur" he murmurs, as he watches a slug sick to the window, hold on for a few breif seconds, then fly back off. "Its too loud and my head keeps ramming into the flipping window!" he complains to himself, before replying "Well it is a car, they are sort of designed to irritate you as much as possible en route". "Oh great, now I'm talking to myself!" he says, loud enough for the others to here. He stops and tries to tae his mind of his aching head by lifing the .303 round from around his neck and rolling it around in his fingers.
If you eat poison, don't forget to lick the dish. - Japanese Proverb

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 01:29:04 AM »
"Yeah, yeah I know I'm okay.", Ear twitches to the thud of wills head on the window, with a smile rolls eyes and looks in rear view mirror, "Sorry about that Will... These roads are getting hectic.", glances back at the road when all of a sudden a bolt of lighting strikes the road just in front of the car, instantly Tyler slams on the brakes as the car skids to a stop sliding to the side of the road turning to the right, "Holy hell!! That shit was way to close!", letting go of the wheel and rubbing head, "Everyone alright?!", looks about as another blot of lighting strikes a tree setting it on fire, "Whoa..."

Offline ♥☆♥☆Mad Hatter☆♥☆♥

• Avid Aardvark
  • Down with the bloody Red Queen!
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'10.5
  • Weight: Avrage weight for a sexy sexy Wolf
  • Build: 9.1/10
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: ~Happy~
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:02 AM »
Lucas had been polishing his Violin and watching the storm looking at the clouds and then saw the fire "woah!" he said "damn poor tree..." he said looking at it he had accidently cut his finger on a string "damn it!!" he yelled putting his finger in his mouth sucking the blood out "this is the 5th time i have cut my finger on a string today!" he said wagging his tail
  • Avatar by: Someone on the interwebs
  • Signature art by: They where added by squiby

Offline Okami_no_Akabara

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White hi-lighted with medium warm red on tips of ears, snout, tail, and other areas. Her hair is also a red coloring.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »
Kaidenne smiled faintly as she rolled her eyes then grimaced. She really hoped Aura's horns were not going to crack the glass. It was a miracle that it hadn't happened already. She thought to mention it then just ignored the idea. Her mind was more focused on the road now. Tyler said he was ok so she trusted him. A bright flash had her eyes dilate and then the lunge of the car as Tyler braked had the seatbelt biting lightly into her shoulder. "Ouch!" She grumbled though slightly shocked at the proximity of the lighting. She was about to say something when the second bolt hit and made a tree start to burn. "Umm...I think we should have just waited a day now."

She didn't like this at all. Things were getting worse by the minute. They needed to get to shelter soon. "We need to settle down somewhere. Is there a place close to here that we can spend the night in...?" Her ears had flattened slightly and her fur was a little ruffled. She looked back at Lucas, "Maybe you should put your violin up? Aren't you afraid it will get scratched in this bumpy ride?" She did a glance over Aura to make sure he was ok from the sudden stop as well before turning around in her seat. "Call this a cliche but my woman's intuition is telling me we are in for some trouble..."

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »
"No not really and beside's i'v been taking care of this thing for like forever! i know how to handle this" he said putting it up "Are we there yet?!" he yelled looking out the window seeing the rain "The rain just look's so beautiful doesn't it?" he said sighing "I wonder when the lighting will strike again it looks cool when it does"...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:29:40 AM by ♥☆♥☆Mad Hatter☆♥☆♥ »

Offline Okami_no_Akabara

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 08:02:57 AM »
Kaidenne quirked a brow then shook her head, "Rain is lovely and I admit lightning is cool, but in this situation I find it unnerving." She looked out the windshield and bit at her bottom lip. Not once had she seen a storm this severe except maybe during a tornado. She really hoped there was not going to be one. "Tyler, you don't possibly think we are close to a tornado do you?" Kaidenne couldn't hide the worry in her voice. Hopefully the guys didn't think she was scared. She was nervous but not frightened yet. She tried to calm her nerves by breathing deeply and exhaling slowly.

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 08:38:53 AM »
"What! Tornado?!" he said "Oh god please no tornado!" he said looking outside "These clouds looks the they could form into a tornado...''he said worried "Oh gosh thank's Kaidenne now you got me scared that i'l get killed by a tornado!" he said backing up into his chair "Well tha--" "OW! I bit my tongue! Everything is going wrong for me today!" he yelled sticking out his tongue

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »
Aura perked up at the word tornado "A flipping tonado, you've got to be-" he pauses "Nope, you're not, my apologies, do we go faster or slower though?" he pondered, stroking his beard, "I sort of have a very bad feeling about things like to-AUGHH!" he jolts sideways and his head rams into the glass again, causing a hairline fracture in the glass. "Ruddy brilliant" he mumbles, inspecting the crack "I knew we should 'ave waited a day. He flares his nostrils and his fur puffs a little, he was darned anxious.

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 12:24:57 AM »
With a grunt honks the horn of the car as makes every one stop panicing, "Okay, calm the **censor** down!", rubs shoulder, "It's just some bad weather, and a freak bolt, ya'll need to chill and... and... ", putting the the car in reverse hears as it struggles and goes no where, "And... were stuck... piece of shit rental!!", undoing his seat belt, starts getting irritated, as the tree falls over burning, "Anyone got Marshmallows? no?", making a joke given what just happened, reaching over to turn off the radio catches the conversation, as the car fills with the transmission being accidentally intercepted by the military Tanker and Base.

Miles down road approaching faster...

The crackle of the radio gets worst as the transmission coming through is choppy and faint, "Thi... i... ctor ... as... come... n..., ver..."
"Command this is tanker R5 do you read me?! Over?"
"Ob..ruc...on... ahe... red... spe...., Rep..t obs..uct... ahe...!, over!"
"Negative, repeat that Base I did not get that, over!"
"TANKER BRAKE NOW!!!"
"OH SHIT!!", Looking up from messing with the radio swerves and turns to sharp as it tips over.

Tyler with a puzzled look glances over to his left to see a head lights and sparks from the tanker grinding against the road ramming into the car, after a few seconds both vehicles are flipped the tanker on it's left side towering over the car that has been flipped upside down, Tyler finding himself hunched on the ceiling of the car coughs, dazed from the hit sees everything blurry with a ringing sound in his ears, "Oh... **censor**... aww...", holding arm blacks out laying head against the cracked windshield,

The tanker starts to give as the sound of metal bending finally stops and it bursts open washing over the four victims...

(Gonna fast forward if you don't mind...)
Two days later...

The steady beat of a heart monitor echos in Tyler's head, as blurred figures of doctors sway in and out of his sight, when a lone figure stands alone with him in the room, "Who... Who are you?... Where? Where am I!?" the figure steps forward and reaching forward placing a feminine white colored fur hand on Tyler's cheek, "You... must... live..." before a word could escape a flash of white light blinds him as the woman is gone while it pulls him forward,

"AAAAAHHH!!!", sitting up panting and sweating quickly looks about shaking head and rubbing eyes, "Aww... the hell was that?", examining himself finds he is wearing a patience robe, wrapped in a couple bandages, and notices he is in a hospital, "Wait, where is..." eye sight now returning sees the others in the beds, with a sigh of relief smiles, then turning about sits on side of bed rubbing head, "Not exactly the vacation I had in mind... Hehe..."

(Sorry for the late post... lol ^_^

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »
"Damn my head hurt's" he said trying to move his arm to his head "OW! wait what?! I'm in a hospital? **Beep** WHERE'S MY VIOLIN!" he yelled "Damn it my head!" he yelled in pain "how cold this get any better..."he said sarcastically "Nurse nurse!" he yelled wanting to ask her what happened and how did they get there

Offline Okami_no_Akabara

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 03:42:34 AM »
Kaidenne covered her face with a paw as the two in the back started talking about her comment on a tornado. She jumped when Tyler laid down on the horn. She gave him a sideways glare, but kept her mouth firmly shut. As she waited for Tyler to finish speaking her eyes widened slightly, "You can't possibly mean the car is stuck..." Kaidenne let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed her face. Her ears laid back as the burning tree fell over in front of us. She rolled her eyes at Tyler's lame joke then twitched as something weird came from the radio. She narrowed her eyes and perked her ears, "What is that...? Some type of broadcast...?"

She shielded her eyes as bright beams of light blinded her. Before she could even speak the two vehicles collided. A scream ripped from her throat and was cut short after she hit her head hard on the top of the car. Her vision blurred from the impact and her ears began to ring. It was only a matter of seconds before she hit her head again and blacked out.

As she was unconscious Kaidenne heard many sounds that were foggy to her mind. She couldn't see and her hearing was minimal. Sharp pricks hit her arms and then she was completely under again. When she finally was able to open her eyes, the scents of a hospital filled her nose. Slowly she peeled her eyes open only to gasp out as the light seared her eyes. Many similar beeping sounds were going as well as familiar voices. Kaidenne whimpered out and tried opening her eyes again, "Wh-where are we...? I-Is everyone all right? I-I can't see well..."

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 11:23:40 PM »
Aura started hyperventilating when the car stuck "Oh gahd were screwed" he muttered, before perking up at the radio. "What the bloodying hell?" he asks before pausing "Is that? Yes, ballsballsballs!" He tries to pull the door open but fails to do so, and as the vehicle is tipped over, his head whips sideways again, shattering the window and causing a few shards of glass to embed into him.

The green liquid washes in as he loses conciousness, washing into his mouth and down his throat. As his vision blurs, he notices raindrops hitting his skin and going into it his mouth forms an 'o' shape before he blacks out.

A bleary wakeup caused a moan do diffuse from his mouth, he got up, groggily, feeling something in his arm. Before he could even stand, a clear liquid ran through the tube, causing him to flop back onto the bed in a storm of half-murmured curses. He re-awoke, his head clearer... he felt strange: hydrated. He could feel the water flowing through his body, his head felt cool, he noticed the tube in his arm, conecte to an ominous bag of clear liquid. He sighs, hearing the voices of his friends then pauses. "WHERE'S MY GODDAMNED BULLET?!" he yellsin a similar fashion to lucas asking about his violin.

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 12:39:05 AM »
Looking over his shoulder laughs, "Well good to see the duo of loud mouths are up and okay...", turning back looks over at a chair with Tyler's suitcase that was once in the trunk of the car, has his clothes and stuff. "Huh, ain't that nice...", standing up and stumbling about, "Whoa... little light headed." snickers and digs through bag, "Nice, surprisingly all in one piece... huh?", looking over sees the door open as a nurse walks in to assist Aura and Lucas, and soon to Kaidenne side.

Pulling out some clothes and trying to put his mind together thinking to himself, "How did we get here? Let alone what the hell was that?! a dream? or something else..." sighing sits back on bed and rubs head.