The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: FeralWings' shorts  (Read 924 times)

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
FeralWings' shorts
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
So, even though it's on my Deviant as well, I figured I'd share some of the short ones on here, like poetry or very short stories.
First off, one I wrote during school today :)

---

Accidental:

Wasn't it supposed to be funny?
Wasn't it meant to be all good?

I had never wanted it to be,
Or cause all these tears and blood.

I can only hope that you'll forgive,
While I try doing what I should.
Maybe I'll succeed.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
Re: FeralWings' shorts
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »
A short story, based on some quick tf idea I had

Here I go;

A bright day, with few clouds to cast any shadows. Actually, this was quite unusual. Living in the Netlerlands always had me used to either some form of downfall, or just plain cold weather, but the middle of summer formed a nice change.

I was walking along a relatively calm street, intent on getting something for dinner. I didn't like being the one to go outside, but Kain was busy, and I was the only person left to draw a straw, meaning I'd get the shortest one anyway. I sighed, and kept walking.

People constantly stared at me, sometimes scuttling off into another direction, or muttering something under their breath. I knew they were simple scared, and I couldn't blame them.

A small toddler was staring at me, and his big eyes made me stop for a while. He wasn't afraid like nearly everyone else had been, but he just looked at me in awe. I focused for a few seconds, and released blue sparks from the bone ridges on my arms, causing a loud crackling noise. It made him smile, simply amazed by what he was seeing, but soon enough a hurried mother dragged him along a large curve around me, intent on getting away from me.

Again, it frustrated me. I hadn't done anything to justify being scared of me, but I understood that being capable of so much was what scared them, no matter if I did anything or not. Time was the only way to help this, seeing as I was only a recent sight.

For a long enough time, people knew me as just another student. People closer to me knew I was a bit anti-social, often moody, but smart and fun to be around. That all took a different direction about three weeks ago.

It was a rainy evening, to no surprise, as I was running to the nearby DVD rental. I was simply returning a movie, hoping to get it done fast and not come back home soaked from the rain. Those priorities changed however, when I got knocked on the back of my head, turning the dark evening world into a pitch black one.

I woke up from the sensation of falling. A few parts of a second later, I hit the rough pavement of an alley, the van behind me quickly speeding off. I was in pain, but not from the landing. It had felt as if every part of me had just gone through a marathon, and my body was filled with burning muscles and a killer headache. What little movement I could make, felt like I was moving something else, as if the signs were just messed up and going somewhere else than intended. I felt exhausted, and just lied there, eyes closed, almost trying to sleep.

I had no idea how many hours had passed, but I woke up again. The walls around me were a light green. Cabinets and trays filled the room. The door was weird looking, like an automated metal door, but it was covered with weird labels and signs. The only one I could recognize was the one that scared me. A Bio-hazard sign, the one thing I remembered from chemistry back in high-school. I was lying on a bed, covered with some thin blankets. I figured I must've been in a hospital after the earlier events, maybe I had been hurt. As for the room, maybe the other rooms were just full? I hoped so at least.

After looking around, I tried to put my head down and stare at the roof, but every time it was like something blocked that from behind my head, and in confusion I pulled my arm from under the blankets and reach-What the?

The hectic day had made it troublesome for me to recall what precisely took place after that. All I remembered since arriving at the hospital was the constant tests, and eventually the half-expected onslaught of media. I was eventually signed out though. After the tests were done, they had no reason or right to keep me there. I was graciously offered a ride home with an ambulance, which was very much appreciated.

When I got back to Kain, I broke my record of the length of a conversation. I sat there for hours, long past midnight, but it was good to talk to someone about how I felt. He had been the only one up to that point that wasn't initially scared of me. I had no idea what I was going to face. Maybe I was going to be killed, just to examinate what made me this way. Maybe I was going to be hunted down. Maybe I was going to continue daily life. I had no way of knowing, which scared me. All I was certain of, is that whatever was coming my way, I was in a far better shape to take it on than I had ever been.

Muscle to muscle, toe to toe, fear has gripped me but here I go.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!