The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A proper introduction.  (Read 979 times)

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
A proper introduction.
« on: March 24, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
Irritated by captcha's attempts to ruin my initial introduction, which were succesful, I quickly wrote something together.
I know I'm not new anymore, but I was of mind to properly give everyone an idea of who I am, and what makes me tick, so to speak. So, let's!

I'm a aspiring writer, sixteen years of age, and currently located in the Netherlands, in a small farm-ville called Hengelo.
Or as much of the Netherlands thinks, Hengelooooo. Apparently the farmer accent over-pronounces the O's, but luckily I have quite a bit of a formal accent.

I have lived in the United States, when I was one and a half, untill two years later, when we moved back to the Netherlands, and my parents divorced. My mother, being french, didn't want to take us back to France, as to keep us in the place familiar to my older sisters. At my age it wouldn't have mattered much, but them being 4 and 10 years older than me, would certainly have had trouble with it.

Hence I speak English with more ease than speaking Dutch. I personally dislike Dutch as well, it's not exactly a nice language in my opinion, and I far prefer a bit of old formal English.

Now, I've been bullied for a far too long part of my life, and have been severely depressed. Shit happens, I'd say, but I'm off far better nowadays. I still have a rather depressing view of life, seeing as I feel that 'it's all been done before', and there's really nothing special in line for my life anymore. But I'll leave that out of it, before I turn this into a melo-dramatic story of my life, heh.

I am very fond of reading, though it is an uneasy thing for me to state any genre that I prefer. I have never enjoyed ay specific genre more than others, it really differs with each book. My favourite books would be;

-Metro 2033, by Dmitry Glukhovsky
-Temeraire, by Naomi Novik

I suppose, while on the topic of reading, I should also cover my own writing. I've been at it on and off for about one and a half year now, though it's only been 3 months that I have actually started going into stories, and also furries.
I have started a series named Revelations, and it's somewhat stuck as is, and dear god do I wish to re-write the first few chapters..but I never take the time to do so :|
They're a bit dissapointing as to how they are written, as I could have done so much better. But I suppose I'll re-write them..some day..

Another of my favourite things, probably far more known about me than reading, would be music. It's hard to state my favourites, as I honestly listen to one hell of a varied list of genres. I've listened to music ranging from Death Metal, to Moombahton, Post-Rock and even 8-bit.

I can say that my favourite bands would be;

-Mogwai
-Mother Mother
-Pendulum

I have also done a few sports, and still do others. Currently I snowboard when on our yearly winter-sports vacation, and during the summer I will go longboarding. I have done both for years now, but I also used to do the bycicle variant of motorcross, whatever it's called. Bycicle cross sounds weird. I don't know :P
I have also done several treks, which consist of taking you, and a heavy-as-hell backpack, and going from hut to hut, where you get dinner served and breakfast, and just go to the next. It's truely amazing to do in mountainous regions, as you get amazing sights and really get away from society for a bit. You don't hear or see so much as a car for days at a time, it's great to get your mind off of things and just enjoy nature. I'd suggest it to anyone, but the stays are often pricy.

So yeah, I can't bench press anything above 5 Kg, but if I could use my legs, I'd lift your family. Lmao.

I'm also quite the gamer, and just like music I can enjoy alot of different games. I have done competitions for Tribes: Ascend, and I have nearly maxed out gear for my barbarian in Diablo 3. I've also seen every nook and cranny in Fallout New Vegas, with an insane amount of hours in the game. I've done some of my own stat modding for Fnv as well. But yeah, you would see me playing quite the unusual arrangement of games :)

My favourites, again, would be:

Fallout New Vegas
Stalker: Call Of Pripyat
Fallen Earth (Before it went F2p and they went money hungry, sheesh.)

I beleive that this would largely cover my activities and hobbies, so enough of that.

As of now, I am in my fourth year of Havo, the second highest I could be doing atm as for school. I used to do VWO, the highest, but depression got me to fail the year. After next year, I am starting a HBO of Creative Writing at artEZ, or at least, that's my goal.

I am also working at a nearby supermarket, which is quite the nice job to get some money on the side.

Hrmm, what more needs to be said?

Well, for one, I'm a straight up Atheïst, and also about as un-superstitious as can be. I don't beleive in any thing of such sorts. I do beleive in Karma however, not as some entity, but as a logical cause-and-effect. An asshat isn't going to be treated well.

I am fond of psychology and philosophy, and glad I have philosophy as a course this year, though the subjects currently at hand are rather simple and boring :|

I don't wear very extravagant clothing, just jeans (shorts in summer), skate shoes and a t-shirt+blouse (+sweater when cold)

though they are generally unusual, like my rather gory Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt, and my orange and black squared blouse, et cetera. Generally a bit colorful, preferably orange or blue :)

I also wear this, and have worn it for years. Thank god it isn't broken, it means quite alot to me. It's supposed to look like a dolphin tail? **censor** it, looks like a dragon's tail to me.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz187/DeathwishPWN/DSC01274_zps07c36384.jpg

I am trying to think of anything else I should cover, but I beleive that that's all.
If I left out anything, our you would like to know something about me, I'd love to answer. I am here not only to get to know you lot, but also the other way around :)
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: A proper introduction.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:35:30 PM »
Also, coconut makes me nauseous. Very much so. To the point that if someone uses coconut hand cream, on the other side of the room, I have to steel myself as my stomach is already turning upside down :|

I tend to be a bit selfish, though I try not to.

I tend to be melodramatic about myself, a bit more than neccesary.

And my mother just used coconut hand cream, fml.

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 04:19:11 PM »
I prefer temperatures, in a shower as well, of about 50 Degrees C.

I tend to fall asleep in bath, waking up a hour later like AGH WTF WHERE AM I?

I tend to point others out on something I don't like, and fail to see myself doing something alike. Which I don't want to, and frustrates me. Hypocrit, I beleive is the word.

I have grown to be alot more at ease telling people about myself, due to my best friend, forums such as these, and another friend of mine.

While I'm at it, I might as well be at ease enough to tell I'm bi-sexual. Woop.

That's actually quite releiving to write down for once.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
Welcome, by the way. XD

I know you've been around for a little while now, but thought I'd officially say hello.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
We've even been talking about your awesome work. Love the expression with that just new one, alice. Pose is realistic and just all fits :D

Lemme guess, it's hot choco? Better be. If not, tea is acceptable too.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:16 AM »
Thanks. ^^

It's whatever drink the character prefers. I had hot cocoa in mind though. XD

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:12:57 AM »
Thanks. ^^

It's whatever drink the character prefers. I had hot cocoa in mind though. XD

This is acceptable.