The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tale of Spirits RP - Open  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Mountain Goat
  • Coloring: Super pale blue tint
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 59kg
  • Build: Average, yet bulked up by fur, taurian
  • Currently: Humanish, but only slightly
Re: Tale of Spirits RP - Open
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
Tetron chuckled, thime to show off his party trick... "Not precisely" He said, "I do have quite a variety of faces though...". Another silvery shape stopped behind his eyes, and this time didn't move. Tetron's eyes expanded, merging with each other until a circle looking a bit like a divers mask was formed. There was a fish behind it. "Hallo" Spoke tetron, the mouth of the fish moving awkwardly to speak the words "I am in the body of this fish". The fish waved a fin, then swam in a small circle, before looking back at her, water extending out so he could swim forward and utilise perphiral vision (Or binocular vision in this case).

He made a small face, and said
"The problem with this, is that its very difficult to use both the fish body, and my own body..." The fish strained a bit, causing one of Tetron's arms to move slightly "Very difficult indeed..." he repeated, trailing off into his own thoughts.

After hearing the explination of the trinket, and not being the most impressed fish/spirit in the world he thought of going down a sarcastic route. He then decided to go against it, that would be a bit mean. There was something strange to her though, he could detect more than one life. Maybe not two exactly, but one and a half at least. At her final statement, he shrugged, or tried to, the overall effect caused him to move backwards a bit.
"Fish are dying in my river, I'm helping them along, you are a more powerful wild one if you help your land more" He shrugged again, moving back further, paddling slightly to get back into position. "At, least, I think it does" He said decidedly.

If you eat poison, don't forget to lick the dish. - Japanese Proverb

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »
Ash watched with interest, putting his knives away but keeping his hatchet in his hand. "Three spirits in one place..." he thought to himself. "Not something you see everyday.... Well, no reason to get involved as of yet..." Staying quiet, he watched on, not wishing to disturb their conversation... oftentimes, being silent and keeping an open ear was the best way to find out information.

And then he heard  another voice from inside the girl.

"What the...?!" he thought to himself. It wasn't that he heard anything... but... she wasn't alone in there. He could sense that much.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:49:03 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 02:23:06 AM »
Katka watched the display put on by the river spirit with avid curiosity, stepping slowly closer she cocked her head to one side as his face reformed. By the time Tetron started to speak again through the mouth of the fish she stood right up beside him, tail swishing cautiously, she raised a questioning eyebrow and stared at the tiny flitting fish. "So... this is what it means to be a... Spirit, was it?" She frowned, reached out a paw to his great muddy side, flinching slightly before finally letting her fingers touch the surface. Still frowning she pulled her paw back, rubbing the mud and silt between her fingers. "Strange... and what is a wild one, Is that a Spirit as well? How come you stay in one piece when you are clearly naught but mud and water?"

As Jormungdang stepped forward to introduce himself Katka's ear flicked, a pained look in her eyes. "Another watches us... But he is not important... I feel... Something... Something is getting closer, the earth itself... Sooner than I expected... How much can they know..." Her ears flicked again as the voice slithered through her mind, devolving into muttering and hissed words. She pushed it away, forgotten at once, and glanced across to Jormundang with an equally curious look as the once she had given Tetron. She stepped back from the river spirit and pulled the cloak tighter around her shoulders. "I... My name..." A light breeze rustled the leaves underfoot, blowing over her bare grey fur, and the bows of the great oak overhead creaked. Katka frowned, shivering slightly before continuing. "My name is Katka... I think."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
  • How shall i slice and dice you, hmm?
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A demon.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Heavyset
  • Currently: YOU'VE DONE WELL!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 02:37:15 AM »
"Katka...That's a nice name. So, some journey brought you here perhaps?" Jormungdang asked. Finally relaxing, he let go of the manacle seal, but did not remove his hand from his sword. "As for a wild one, you're looking at one. My domain is further up in the mountains, but something drew me here, and led me to you."
If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 12:41:18 AM »
Tetron's fishy body smirked, or at least attempted it... It was a pretty good attempt... for a fish. "I really depends on each spirit, but the overall concept is the same: Look after your land and it looks after you, right?" He rolled and the fish was released, his face going back to normal. In response to her second question, his vast shoulders shrugged "No-one's really looked into it" he admitted "May just be residual magic of the land causing the land to get up and start thinking about things." He shrugged again, how spirits existed was a bit of a mystery to him. "Oh, uhh... Wild ones are the name spirits picked up if they don't protect a village, ones that do are Guardians, y'know, like Axoth" Surely she would no who Axoth was. EVERYONE knew who Axoth was...At least he thought.

He was still unnerved by the 'trinket' however decided not to pass another comment, still, he could detect... Things. He turned to Jormungdang, only just noticing him, and waved a thick earthy hand "I am Tetron" He said to Jormungdang, shifting slightly. He could feel a sort of normal-ish life hiding in the forest, among the trees, however there was something much more powerful beneath him. He wasn't sure that he wanted to know what it was. He readied his spear, and the ground around him cracked somewhat "Do either of you..." He spoke slowly "Feel something in the earth?" he finished, pointing his spear beneath him.
[/color]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:53:04 PM by Kittenpillar100 »

Make a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
"Yes, and whatever it is, it's big. Extremely big and I don't like it." Jormungdang readies his blade and plaes his left hand on the manacle again, wary now of a possibly hostile being. As he draws the blade, it starts screaming shrilly. "Ok, now I know it's hostile." Looking around, he prepares for an attack.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:50:27 AM by Jormungdang »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
Ash heard the sounds coming from below and immediately tensed up. "This one's mad.... very mad... but why?" he thought, gripping the handle of his hatchet tightly. "Normally they're docile unless... oh, SHITE..." The crat shivered slightly and put away the hatchet, drawing his dagger. "Curse them.... harming such an innocent creature and filling it with their ideals...." He growled mentally and prepared for the oncoming fight.

(Ideas >->)
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
A small frown wrinkled Katka's brow as she listened to Tetron's explanation, her tail swishing over the dead leaves. With a huffed sigh she rubbed her thumb and finger together, flicked the sticky mixture of mud and silt away and wiped a paw on her bare thigh. "However this works it's strange... And who is this Axoth, another spirit like you?" Katka glanced between Tetron and Jormungdan, her ears flat back against her head shyly, feeling somehow like she knew the answers to these questions already but they were just... out of reach... her head hurt when she tried to think about it and the voice, it still-

"They are coming for you child..." Katka's ears pricked up and her breath caught in her throat, fingers clenching around the obsidian pendant at her neck as the ground underneath cracked and shook. "Sooner than I thought... Get ready to run... you must trust me... Overhead the oak creaked and, almost silently, something rustled through the dead leaves underfoot.

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 03:18:09 AM »
"Anyone else hear that?" Jormungdang asked "Cause if it was what I think it was, we are about to have a very unhappy visitor." He then whispers "I guess I have no choice. Blood Fines!" and blood starts to seep from his body, while a blood-red energy vortex crackles around him. "Hahaha, Come and die. It'll only hurt a little bit, not!"

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
The plants began to die, the smaller ones shrivelling, while the larger ones put up a fight, twisting and deforming only on the exterior. A sizable portion of fish in the lake died, and all the animals nearby felt the primal instinct to run. Tetron noticed the ground beneath him bubbling, then looked at Jormundang, nervously. "I believe whatever that is could probably withstand your abilities easily enough..." He winced at the fish dying and moved his spear to a well-trained one-handed grip, still staring at the ground.

At the climax of the mass-destruction of the surrounding wildlife, a colossal grey worm burst from the ground, wider than Tetron was tall, and trailing wispy shadows. The ground went black and rocky around the hole it was rushing out of, and when (possibly) half of it was through, the head arced. It had no eyes, however seemed to be able to stare directly into the faces of the whole group simultaneously. I was that kind of look which could only be matched by the best starers*.

It let out a piercing screech, that even tetron flinched at, and protected its body near the ground by summoning a number of sharp black spikes out of the ground. In retaliation, the ground around Tetron cracked with internal liquid-based pressure building up. His humble spear had metaphorhosed into a masterful rendition of it, the shaft being made of coral and the blade being silvery, almost rippling. "That..." he said slowly "Is a Wild one gone bad. They're called dark ones.". He shifted into a defensive stance.

*Yes, I mean on par with Granny Weatherwax and The Luggage.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 12:31:40 AM »
Meanwhile, in the tree, Ash checked all of his weapons over to make sure they were easily accessed. As far as he knew, a dark one had never ventured this far into the forest... so why now? Thinking about it, the cat decided that it had something to do with the girl... Katka, he remembered she was called. Tensing up, his check of arms done, he prepared to help the spirits in their fight.

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 01:08:56 AM »
"Don't worry. I could probably win with my full power, however I would be seriously wounded and exhausted." Jormungdang replied. Inwardly, he thought "Especially if I released the darkness in me. However, It would be risky as I would suffer compounded blood loss and extreme exhaustion. Best not to chance it as I still don't trust them entirely." Glancing toward tetron, he asked "What do you think of those dark spikes? Are they merely a shield or a form of projectiles?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 03:15:32 AM »
If death of the fish in the lake nearby caused Tetron to wince, it was nothing as to the pain that flared through Katka as the plants all around shriveled and died. She retched, collapsed onto her hands and knees, the ground spinning under her paws as the great worm rose into the air with a rumble of broken earth. Coughing and retching she rolled onto her side, pain lancing through her mind and prickling over her skin, breath panting and labored as she shivered and clenched her eyes shut.

"Death... You can feel it can't you..." The voice slid in and out of her mind, a ringing in her ears drowned out only by those silky words, creeping through her thoughts, watching her curl up and retch on the leaf-littered ground. Above her she could sense the blurred mass of Tetron and Jormundang, but they were nothing compared to the heart-wrenching pain of the trees and the plants shriveling away around her. Slowly she pushed herself back onto her hands and knees, wiped tears out of her eyes with the back of one paw.

And then the towering beast screamed. Its piercing screech tore through Katka's already shaking body, sent her reeling. "I told you... Run!" Her feet hit the ground running before she even realized what was happening, as the voice hissed through the echoes of that shrill screech. Leaves flew up around her and branches whipped at her legs as she ran blindly, tears in her eyes and lungs burning already from the exertion as her mind reeled in panic.

She didn't make it far however. Near the edge of the clearing a sound like the lash of a whip cracked through the air and long brown roots burst from the ground. With a crack they lashed to the bindings at her arms. She hit the ground hard, pain flaring in her shoulder as the long roots pulled hard against her arm. Even as she struggled to her feet another root burst forth, whipped around the bindings at her ankles, while another snaked out from under the leaves. In her mind the voice thrashed and hissed as though it was the one bound by the roots, and it screamed with the panic of a wild animal, thrashing madly "No! They cannot trap me again... Not this time... Run... I said RUN!"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:17:14 AM by Kitt / Katka »

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »
Ash tensed up. Alright.... now would be a good time! he thought, leaping out of the tree and landing near Katka. Taking out his hatchet, he slashed through the roots. "Go!" he yelled at Katka, looking back at the creature. Taking out a few shuriken, he quickly tossed them at the beast while running left, not really aiming as much as trying to distract it away from the female spirit.

Offline Kittenpillar100

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
The worm was stabbed by the shuriken. They did nothing*, not even producing blood. It swivelled towards Tetron, and a spike flew out of its mouth, the impaling weapon was made of a solid form of darkness, and travelled the distance almost instantaneously. The colossal mouth of the grey monster turned to Jormundang, black teeth cascading across a slightly less dark inside. Shadows swirled about the worm and licked at it. The spikey shards of black material around its base began growing, slowly encasing the worm's long and huge body.

Tetron stared at suprise at the spike going through him. The water within him became tainted, the fish within dying. A blackness also spread across the mud around the spike, and he convulsed as his life force was tainted. Luckily for him, the build-up of magic he had produced released itself in a powerful torrent which blew the tainted shard, and part of his body, asunder.

His cloth markings were soggy and in tatters, barely visible at all. A few glittering lights rested within his liquid body near to the corpses of the sea creatures. Parts of his muddy body were still there, mostly collecting around the face, funnel area and hands. His face seemed more emotionless than it was, and he lifted his spear up, still the coral beauty, and threw it at the worm. He saw within himself, his personality and emotions were dead. It had to be fixed - so - like a shepard with his flock, he directed the spirits of the water creatures back into their respective bodies.

His spear span slightly as it sailed through the air, cutting a ragged hole in the worm. It looked small compared to the rest of the body, and the blade landed in the water behind the worm, cutting through without a splash. The wound wasn't bleeding, similar to the hits by the shuriken, however that rarely means anything when you are talking about a spirit's battle.**

* Well, superficially. Spirits are composed of controlled energy rather than flesh and blood in most cases (Although there are some deviants). The shurikens impacting were small, light and not enchanted in any way. A tiny amount of the energy was lost from the damage, but it wouldn't affect the worm at all.

** Tetron's spear is part of him, it is an enchanted weapon, and with his (Albeit, somewhat lessened, yet still formidable) strength behind it, the worm would have lost more energy from that attack. Nothing is coming out because the worm is hollow.***

*** Sort of, its a big long tube filled with writhing shadows that tear the energy out of whatever unfortunate creaure is pulled into the worm. The worthless (Yet cosmetically, completely the same as before consumption) is churned out the back, the body doesn't rot, instead, it just fades away.