The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: True Life: NOw Casting  (Read 2146 times)

Offline furrycasting

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: newbie
True Life: NOw Casting
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:09:05 PM »
Hello Furry Friends,We are currently seeking a fun and outgoing member of the Fandom who would like to tell their story on "MTV's True Life: I'm a Furry." The episode currently features the stories of two amazing female furries... we need one more story of a male furry age 16-27 anywhere in the USA.We want to find one last story to tell about a FUN, CREATIVE, and OUTGOING furry. Our goal is to change the perception of the fandom and to show what being a furry is really all about. We want to focus on the anamorphic art, the camaraderie, and the freedom of expression the fandom has created.If you're worried that this is a show that casts the fandom in a poor light, I can assure you, we want to help change that perception... we understand what the fandom is really about... and we love it!Interested guys can contact me at [email protected] for more information. Please feel free to share this info with anyone who might be interested!Thanks![/font]

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: True Life: NOw Casting
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »
Whoa looks cool...too bad I'm Canadian xD

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 11:52:02 PM »
Hello Furry Friends,We are currently seeking a fun and outgoing member of the Fandom who would like to tell their story on "MTV's True Life: I'm a Furry." The episode currently features the stories of two amazing female furries... we need one more story of a male furry age 16-27 anywhere in the USA. We want to find one last story to tell about a FUN, CREATIVE, and OUTGOING furry.(...)

I don't meet any of these prerequisites! D:

Offline Lethrasherhuskeh

• Eager Elephant
  • Huskeh.Glasses.SWAG.
  • Species: Huskeh
  • Coloring: White with shades of grey
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: is the Husky Rockstar Overlord
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
Me neither  XD

Rank: Ghost. Systems: Online. Now you see me, now you don't  >:)
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Add me on le facebook! =D
https://www.facebook.com/ThrasherBlades
Line Messenger ID: lehuskeh. Let's chat! :3

Journal: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22605.msg1013192#new

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:46:19 PM »
Just as a word of caution to anyone interested in this: please take the time to verify that the offer is real before giving out any sort of personal information.

It's cool if it is real though. I like the True Life show, and if they do a furry episode I hope they treat the fandom with respect.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Cobalt Storm

• Avid Aardvark
  • wub wub wub
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus Pony
  • Coloring: Blue Body, with a yellow and black mane/tail
  • Build: fit
  • Currently: Trying to make it here as a pony
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:14 PM »
I meet all the requirements :D to bad i dont want any of my family to know im a furry DX i would if i was open tho

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 11:03:03 PM »
I meet all the requirements :D to bad i dont want any of my family to know im a furry DX i would if i was open tho

What a shame that so often something like this 'must' be hidden from family and friends. I hide it too. But that's for another thread. :s

Offline furrycasting

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »

Thanks Terra Moon for reposting the MTV link.  We've been meeting some really cool peeps![/size]

The show is tasteful, informative and fun. It's a Documentary. NO making fun of anyone! We'd love to focus on an event such as wedding or an important day in your life or a couple's life.
[/size]If interested please email me... and if not... I understand! I can be reached at [email protected]We've been casting this for a few weeks and understand some people's concern with the media. We get it and are very sensitive casting folks that are not out to harm anyone. We hope to EDUCATE others on the fandom! Based on what we have heard the fandom has saved many lives and provided fun and a safe place for people to share and express themselves. ALSO quite a few of you are VERY talented artists! Please email me if interested. We would SKYPE first, then pitch stories to network. Our crew would then come out to film you and your friends and families for the documentary. THANKS!

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:29:22 AM »
I'm all game, but I'm not an excessive or expressive fur, meaning I'm a furry but I don't have a suit or anything

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 06:33:04 AM »
Honestly, I wouldn't consent to this, even if it is, in fact, MTV wanting to cast us. We've already been portrayed negatively in the media, and I would not for one second put it past MTV to continue that trend.

Offline Cobalt Storm

• Avid Aardvark
  • wub wub wub
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus Pony
  • Coloring: Blue Body, with a yellow and black mane/tail
  • Build: fit
  • Currently: Trying to make it here as a pony
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 07:04:02 AM »
I agree, I simple don't trust an entertainment company to put out real news. There goal is to entertain, and how are they going to do that? By slandering us furries. I'm sorry, but i just don't trust MTV

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »
Oh come on guys, you're not looking at the positives of this fandom, and instead are just berating on the quality of the channel and the hateful slurs that we get from heartless punks. Comparing your hobbies by demonstrating how much others like to make fun of it is the WRONG way to think! "True Life" is actually one of the few quality shows on the MTV network anyway.

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 05:14:08 PM »
Well, regardless of the nature and intentions of the program, I have to call shenanigans on this thread itself. If a TV network was trying to cast furries, they probably wouldn't post on a furry forum. They'd be more likely to put out some kind of televised casting call on the channel itself, during or after the show. That's just how reality shows do it. Besides, the OP's typing is too full of errors to be from any casting department.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 06:44:35 PM »
Well, regardless of the nature and intentions of the program, I have to call shenanigans on this thread itself. If a TV network was trying to cast furries, they probably wouldn't post on a furry forum. They'd be more likely to put out some kind of televised casting call on the channel itself, during or after the show. That's just how reality shows do it. Besides, the OP's typing is too full of errors to be from any casting department.

The casting call is also listed on the MTV website, so the opportunity seems to be legit, but the website does use a different contact email than the one listed in this thread. It seems likely that it is real, however. It's really not that uncommon for companies or people involved in surveys or studies to stumble across our site looking for furries.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Keo

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 01:21:08 AM »

None of my parents do either x3