The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Eats in Town  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Best Eats in Town
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:30:25 PM »
So I was wondering (because I'm starving) where's the best place to get awesome food where you live? What's on the menu? What's it called and why do you like it? It doesn't have to be just one place or even a restaurant. Tell us about it!

I live in Toronto so there's thousands of places to go but THE BEST place to go for poutine (yes, I'm very Canadian) is Smoke's Poutinery on Spadina. You get a huge box of fries smothered in gravy with your choice of cheese, meat, and vegetable toppings for like less than 8 bucks that you can't even finish.

What's a good place to eat in your town?

Offline Rhoryc

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: Best Eats in Town
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »
Where I live there isn't a restaurant for 30 miles :|

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
I don't live in the same town, but the Halfway Cafe in Watertown, MA has just awesome casual American food. Best burgers (with a great array of toppings), regular hand-cut fries, sweet potato fries, and onion rings I've ever had. They also have terrific wings, pub pizza, hot dogs and steaks. Everything's damn expensive around here no matter where you go, but you'll be glad to pay what you do for their food, it makes me drool just thinking about it...  @.@

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:00:37 AM »
Dah Jo's has THE best thai in town, I wish it were open all day. It was just down the road from my college, but sadly they are only open three evenings a week, so lunch was off the table. :\

I especially enjoyed the fish soup; steamed fish in a coconut and chilli sauce and veges to boot!
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:53:44 AM »
Where I live there isn't a restaurant for 30 miles :|

You should open one! :B

I don't live in the same town, but the Halfway Cafe in Watertown, MA has just awesome casual American food. Best burgers (with a great array of toppings), regular hand-cut fries, sweet potato fries, and onion rings I've ever had. They also have terrific wings, pub pizza, hot dogs and steaks. Everything's damn expensive around here no matter where you go, but you'll be glad to pay what you do for their food, it makes me drool just thinking about it...  @.@

It's hard to find the best place to go for things like that at a decent price :/ The best expensive burger I've had was from Five Guys Burgers. They're a restaurant chain and in most American cities I think. They'll give you a full paper bag of fries as a "regular size" and charge around $4. I've never finished to see the large.

Dah Jo's has THE best thai in town, I wish it were open all day. It was just down the road from my college, but sadly they are only open three evenings a week, so lunch was off the table. :\

I especially enjoyed the fish soup; steamed fish in a coconut and chilli sauce and veges to boot!

THAI FOOD IS LOVE.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 05:26:13 AM »
Here in lovely Saratoga Springs, there's a lot of places I've come to really admire food-wise.

Last night I had an awesome Italian-Seasoned Chicken Sandwich at Bailey's Cafe, as well as a Mocha Espresso with Liquor Shot.

There's also Pizza Works, which is your typical Pizza joint but with +++ quality. They have the best Boneless wings I've ever had, best Garlic Knots (You get six or eight, for only $2) and a Chicken Parm Pizza that tastes amazing too.

In the Mall across town you can hit up the Famous Cajun restaurant, which, though it's really just Chinese food, is amazing for being both Mall food, and cheap. For around $4.60 you get a filled-to-the-rim plate of two choices of chicken and two choices of sides. I'm personally fond of the Noodles and Fried Rice, with Orange Chicken and Chicken with Peppers/Spicy BBQ Chicken. For a couple extra bucks you can get a huge drink with that too. One plate can feed two people for a decent lunch, or two plates can have you filled until dinner :p

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:52 AM »
In the Mall across town you can hit up the Famous Cajun restaurant, which, though it's really just Chinese food, is amazing for being both Mall food, and cheap. For around $4.60 you get a filled-to-the-rim plate of two choices of chicken and two choices of sides. I'm personally fond of the Noodles and Fried Rice, with Orange Chicken and Chicken with Peppers/Spicy BBQ Chicken. For a couple extra bucks you can get a huge drink with that too. One plate can feed two people for a decent lunch, or two plates can have you filled until dinner :p

WHAT!? O__O THAT'S A SICK DEAL.

The only thing remotely close to that here is a Chinese mall called FMP with the best food court in the city. You get the same filled to the rim plate with noodles or rice with 2 meat items and drink for $5.50 and it's godly. If you go to some fake chinese place like Manchu Wok in any other mall, it's double the price, half the food, and zero quality >__>

Offline Lethrasherhuskeh

• Eager Elephant
  • Huskeh.Glasses.SWAG.
  • Species: Huskeh
  • Coloring: White with shades of grey
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: is the Husky Rockstar Overlord
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
I can get a nice rice dish with any meats or vegetables of my choice, as well as some duck noodles and stuff, all below my apartment.

It's really awesome living in a multi cultural society as there are so many variants of food to choose from. Not really restaraunts though, although there's a mall just a kilometer away from where I live. But nothing beats heartland food.  ^_^

Rank: Ghost. Systems: Online. Now you see me, now you don't  >:)
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Add me on le facebook! =D
https://www.facebook.com/ThrasherBlades
Line Messenger ID: lehuskeh. Let's chat! :3

Journal: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22605.msg1013192#new

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »

WHAT!? O__O THAT'S A SICK DEAL.

The only thing remotely close to that here is a Chinese mall called FMP with the best food court in the city. You get the same filled to the rim plate with noodles or rice with 2 meat items and drink for $5.50 and it's godly. If you go to some fake chinese place like Manchu Wok in any other mall, it's double the price, half the food, and zero quality >__>

Yup, best deal in the area I know about really x3. I've been going there so much too they tend to special-plate them so it looks more culinary official, pays to be a returning customer!

There's also Hatties Chicken, some of the best fried chicken I've ever had at a restaurant. Leg, Thigh, Breast and Wing pieces with a side for around $8. Comes in a huge metal basket pan, double the size and half the grease of anything you can get at KFC.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 06:36:43 AM »
Bella's Resturaunt in Livermore, CA. It's good! Honest! Give the guy who seats you a tip. Please. That guy is me... :c

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 02:29:33 AM »
Bella's Resturaunt in Livermore, CA. It's good! Honest! Give the guy who seats you a tip. Please. That guy is me... :c

Haha you have to give the seating experience of a lifetime to get tips as a host xD

How's the food there?

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »
I do way more than being a host. I seat them, bring their drinks, bring out their food, take their plates, cups, and napkins, and then clean up when I'm done. I do way more than be a host :3

Offline sigols

• Boisterous Bear
  • Rawr...
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf, fox
  • Coloring: Brown/red, white, blue
  • Height: 190 cm / 6 feet 4 inches
  • Weight: 80 kg / 175 lb
  • Build: Well fit, but not too much muscles
  • Currently: Happy
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »
I live in Bergen, Norway and the closest place to get food is a McDonalds, the best place is downtown and is called Lucillus. And here in Norway everything is expensive as f**k! the starters start at 150$ and thats way to much for two carrots in an x with some fancy sauce on top. Dinners are at the nice price of 200 - 400$ and you have to order at least five of those to do something about your hunger.
So... If you are going to Norway, DON`T eat at a fancy place.
"You are never alone, you always got yourself"

"Heaven is hell. No one can tell Illusions of holiness blind us
A fragment of time is all that you'll ever know" - Masterplan

Offline Georgisaur

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 5"11
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
I live near Birmingham; UK.
I've forgotten the name, but the best place to go around here is to some Noodle Bar in the shopping centre.

Offline Nobi

• Handsome Horse
  • Let's get rhetorical!
    • My tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: Ringtail/Cacomistle
  • Coloring: Standard ringtail coloration of sandy brown-dark brown body, white rings around my eyes, and black and white rings around my tail
  • Height: Roughly 5'6''
  • Weight: 127 lbs
  • Build: Slim and mildly athletic
  • Currently: Back!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »
I live in Austin, Texas, and there are LOTS of great places to eat here. In particular, we have a lot of food trailers/trucks scattered about the city. Seems like there's (at least) one on every corner! My favorite, though, has to be Love Balls: a short bus that's been converted into a Japanese kitchen. Their main attraction is Takoyaki—grilled balls of octopus, pickled ginger, and scallions, traditionally topped with bonita flakes and kewpie mayo. Of course, they have other options for toppings, such as kimchi, bean sprouts, and even caprese. Their other menu items include miso soup, garlic yaki onigiri (grilled rice balls), "The Chicken Thing" (that's actually what it's called), and lots more that I can't even remember right now. XD For drinks, they have Ramune sodas, several different types of hot tea, and some Japanese canned coffee and tea drinks. The owners are super nice and always talk with me and my friends. One of them is from Japan, and if you're lucky enough to have her take your order, and you order in Japanese, you might get a small discount. ;)
The only downside is that it's a bit pricey for broke college students like myself. An order of Takoyaki is about 7 USD. Other than that, though, it's absolutely heavenly! :D